It was Kino

It was Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=-WIiA9AuoLU&list=RD-WIiA9AuoLU&start_radio=1

Attached: Near_Third_Impact.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18627608
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzYU3sRuXG4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well, yeah, but
lard impact > power gap > orange goo third impact
so... I don't know.

Attached: 15243632466426.jpg (2560x1440, 735K)

Did he do the right thing?

Attached: Eva2-22_C1826.jpg (720x405, 55K)

Misato
>DO IT SHINJI, DO IT FOR YOURSELF!
Also Misato
>WHY DID YOU DO IT SHINJI? FUCK YOU

So it's apparent that the Rebuilds are treating how Impacts work within' their own canon. Because it seems like with each consecutive Impact, it causes the world to shift in some manner. It began with a red sea and then eventually whatever the fuck Shinji turned Earth further into pic related.

But what is it doing exactly? Terraforming? Shapeshifting?

Attached: 1567317636689.jpg (960x1691, 461K)

turn into THE eva[\spoiler]

That halo cgi looks cheap as fuck.

Yeah. 3.33 totally ruined Misato for me. I honestly hope she dies a horrible awful death in the final movie.

I really want someone in the next film to just ask Shinji in hindsight what he would do differently. I want to see what happens if he says "Nothing. I don't regret trying to save her." Would that make him a villain, a younger version of his father? Or just naive?

Thats assuming Misato and Asuka and what few of his friends survived dont continue with the blame game like they did in the first movie.

Yeah Shinji fucked up. But I highly doubt Misato will ever own up to the part she played in fucking ruining his life.

I don't think Shinji did that all by himself... I find it more likely Kaworu was mistaken and the current state of the Earth is due to multiple near-impact events (the body-horror show and the giant dead Rei head in Nerv HQ suggests there was a hell of a fight that ended with another failed attempt at Instrumentality). 3rd Impact was halted rather quickly in 2.0, and the damage was pretty much limited to the area around Tokyo 3. Even 4th Impact (another near-impact) didn't do anything on the order of a planet-wide environmental catastrophe, at least not right away.

Unless of course 2nd Impact started a process that slowly led to the changes we've seen. Subsequent impacts may simply have accelerated the process somehow.

>I want to see what happens if he says "Nothing. I don't regret trying to save her."

If he said that Misato would slap him and Asuka would likely beat him to death.

This is Eva. There are no happy endings in Eva.

PLANET-EVA.

It's all fucking wonky now. Dunno if Instrumentality is even the goal anymore considering what they worked up to in NGE/EOE was what happened in 2.0; hopefully this is all just Anno wanting to change up the game and not have to make some nasty retread of EoE.

Attached: 1568354997479.png (756x1252, 922K)

this design can't be real

I suspect Misato would be the one doing the killing, if came down to it. Asuka would never be merciful enough to just let him die, she knows him well enough to realize he would probably only say something like that to make her kill him, seeing as how he doesn't have the will to take his own life.

All this just makes me want to see a villain Shinji as antagonist. Imagine him breaking out of that trance in 4.0 and is now determined to fuck shit up even more.

If Anno had any balls at all. He would have just had Shinji have his bad day and kill everyone in a madenning range. Take the 'deconstruction' of giving a traumatized 14 year old a giant magic mecha to it's logical and very dark conclusion. As opposed to baiting us with the 'possibility of hope and redemption' only to never follow through on it and give the poor kid a happy ending

Attached: joker shinji darthplegias.jpg (1024x795, 194K)

Might be cool if he learns to manipulate people and use them for his own ends like Gendo. Not sure if he would be obsessed with revenge or getting his Rei back, but it would be a kino moment if he spends the majority of the film being a good boi and gaining everyone's trust and forgiveness... and then tells them all to fuck off and die, because he's going to become God and build a world where people don't fuck him over every time he gives them a bit of trust.

Attached: Shogi-1.jpg (768x364, 59K)

Someone needs to make that anime. Like make an Evangelion derivative thats about a Shinji-Ikari expy that's a complete sociopath perfectly comfortable with using people for his own ends. Like Frank Underwood by way of Hiro from Gundam Wing.

I can see the moment where he's finally given the chance of fixing everything, all the people that shat on him in 3.0 are giving him this generic pep talk hoping he'd undo the damage he's caused. It's all subverted when he pulls what mentions and it spirals from that point.

Attached: Just as planned.jpg (750x410, 54K)

The first 10 minutes of Eva 3.0+1.0 are ABSOLUTELY based. The entire action sequence is unmatched, where else can you watch a giant mecha fight waves of drones while being suspended like a puppet thousands of feet in the air by a flying battleship hovering above it thousands of feet more near the atmosphere?

Attached: 1568439641056.png (1270x1206, 1.03M)

>The first 10 minutes of Eva 3.0+1.0 are ABSOLUTELY based.
If only the movie surrounding it wasn't going to be a total garbage fire.

>I can see the moment where he's finally given the chance of fixing everything, all the people that shat on him in 3.0 are giving him this generic pep talk hoping he'd undo the damage he's caused. It's all subverted when he pulls what mentions and it spirals from that point.

and the end credits of the movie is a montage of him destroying whats left of the world ala Brightburn

If kawoshin happens, i'm watching and liking the movie. I dont even care if it sucks and we have to watch 40 minutes of mari.

Attached: afa474a6af9066247af31b526f233bf1.jpg (1000x887, 305K)

Iirc in Eva rebuild 2 after credit scene, Kaworu stopped shinji before the impact dealt meaningful damage. How do we get to the Rebuild 3's condition?
I think the preview for 3rd movie in 2nd rebuild's end was also very different with actual movie.

>How do we get to the Rebuild 3's condition?
It's all Shinji's fault somehow. why else would Misato treat him like shit for what he did?

Mari is so bad, I haven't ever seen a Marifag and I lurk most Eva threads on Yea Forums. At most I've seen people who find her hot or have fapped to her, but never someone obsessed with the character like the classic girls get. Mari is just garbage

She exists to seel figures and doujin. Literally nothing else. theres absolutely nothing shes done in these movies that couldn't have been done by someone else in the context of the story.

Unless. Oh god. They're setting Shinji up to end up with her? Given she's the perfectly mentally stable expy for Annos wife.

>40 minutes of mari

How is that a bad thing? Hating Mari is a dead meme from years ago. Her presence in the series has aged like fine wine. The only group of Eva fans that hate Mari are hardcore Asukafags, Reifags, and Shinjifags because she is basically the most skilled Eva pilot there is and loves her job unlike Asuka for example who just faked it for attention when in reality it stressed her out, and Shinji who became psychological bound to his role as an Eva pilot because of how weak willed he is and Rei who was always a slave to NERV.

Attached: Screenshot_20190913-234108.png (2520x1080, 1.75M)

> montage of him destroying whats left of the world
>Returns everything to nothing

Pure kino

Attached: 1566630360516.png (557x605, 150K)

In other words Mari Makinami is a Mari Sue.

Shinji kills Gendo and self-destructs in Unit 01.

strawpoll.me/18627608

>Mari Makinami is a Mari Sue.
Nah, she's a character of a different breed.
Wank fuel.

Attached: 1567912010787.jpg (3504x5000, 2.57M)

Killing his father is literally the only thing he has left to motivate him. But after his massive fuckup in 3.33 there is no way in Hell Misato is ever going to let him within a mile of an Eva unit ever again.

I'd like to think Yui or Rei might have a say.

>But after his massive fuckup in 3.33 there is no way in Hell Misato is ever going to let him within a mile of an Eva unit ever again.
Then he kills her too.

Attached: 1567232521528.jpg (1102x1068, 574K)

Yes.
That said, what ever happened with that? I forget, 3.0 was silly.

There's no way Shinji could have possibly known that what he did would have kickstarted 3rd Impact with the information he had.

So, I think he did the right thing, I think almost anyone would have done the same if they were in his position.

In retrospect, it turned our horribly, but I don't know how you can fault Shinji himself. Who knew that was going to happen, do they have an expert somewhere in NERV specializing in things that have never, ever happened before?

Perhaps something else had happened in-between those 14 years of stasis. It could simply be the case of everyone becoming jaded and angry, but there might be a deeper reason for their animosity.

Attached: 1568318741283.jpg (487x473, 103K)

all I can say is what you see here was similar to what we saw in End of Eva in regards to Giant lilith, but its when the angels themselves initiate 3rd impact.
See how the Moon is changing into what the black egg was when collecting souls.

Well this is what it looks like when you Halt the process in the middle.
And the black hole is where the geofront was exposed.

thats end of eva, we saw that already.

shinji already does, its his way of manipulating people to feel sorry for him.

wasnt that Raxaphan?

ok but where did he get that piano from

Attached: 96697.png (900x504, 426K)

in the preview nerv was taken into custody at the time and what shinji did was make an opening to central dogma making it easier for an angle to get to Lilith. The 12 angel simply took over unit 6 which was made to be autonomous and started 3rd impact thus making it what it is now, but was stopped with the two lances.

eva nano machines

So technically Rei started the 3rd Impact and with her being Lilith, began a different process to what we saw in EoE?

Attached: 1568348774655.jpg (1172x1558, 397K)

no what you saw in rebuild the 11th angle I think its the 11th in the rebuilds, she got absorbed by the angle but was absorbed by unit 1 to which is mitosis of lilith. Thats what started 3rd impact but abruptly stopped by Kaworu. The 12th angle simply took advantage of Nervs weakened state and thats when the terrain was changing.

>began a different process to what we saw in EoE?
no what you saw in eoe was Lillith taking over the process. What we see in rebuild was a similar attempt at 3rd impact with an angle in control.

Rewatched it a couple months ago. This is a pretty fun ride, it's obvious that the people who worked on it had a blast doing this movie. The sequel on the other hand gets harder to watch every time, it's like everyone just hated to work on that one and just shat up a movie because they had to.

Even the scene in episode 19 is better than this. And it absolutely pales in comparison to third impact in EoE.

but why did they have too? i mean why was it so draining on everyone?

Ahhhh, it's making sense now. So this was how Gendo planned on reuniting with Yui.

no he plans on using unit 1, what you saw in 3.0 was seele's plan only for it to end in failure. Next movie will be Gendos plan.

We don't know Gendo's plan in the rebuilds.

its to be reunited with Yui for eternity.

I dont HATE mari..
I think she has a nice design and shes funny, What bothers me is how little we know about her.

I dont mind her, but she seems like a fanfic character (being able to use unit 02, nyan neko sugar girl mode, actually likes having to fight eldrich abominations..) i hope they give her a backstory in the last movie.

Attached: EHhxqje.jpg (440x700, 52K)

Because she is. Anno was literally forced to put her in the movie by the sponsors so they could make more money with merch.
He had absolutely no plans for her character whatsoever.

thats impossible, anno wouldnt be that lazy.

Sadamoto: It wasn’t and… since she appeared in Jo, Ha and Q, I wondered what her role in the story would be, and when I asked the staff, they told me that it won’t be possible to really go further in one film, so they had to tie the main story up, and that Mari may have almost no screen time. So I wondered what the point was, and decided to add a little bit of her story in the manga, on impulse. So it’s really not something the staff of the movies thought about or asked me to do, just something you can consider as a play of mine.

I see, since you know, fans tend to read deep into that kind of thing.

Yamaga: Yeah, particularly on Evangelion. They think every little detail has a meaning. (laugh)

Sadamoto: Well, but of course when we see Mari in Jo or Ha and see her call Gendo Gendo-kun or smell Shinji’s odor, she’s doing many strange things. Besides she seems to like songs of the Showa era very much since she’s singing them. So my guess is, whether she’s really interested in the Showa era, or she’s born back then and has not aged since. And you know, since in Q, they introduced the concept that children who were chosen as pilots don’t age, I’d endorse the latter, saying Mari is someone from Shinji’s mother’s generation, and that she somehow became a pilot and didn’t age since. But again, it’s only me imagining all this. (laugh)

Has director Anno decided about that?

Sadamoto: Like I said, director Anno hasn’t approved or refuted that idea, he has nothing to do with what I just said.

so that means anno hasn't confirmed or denied it. What sadamotto said can end up being true.

>took too much from the story
>hey lets watch gay piano playing instead!

gay piano was the best part of the movie

Attached: 1568360592163.jpg (640x640, 32K)

IMMORTALITY

The actress for Mari mentioned in a interview that her origin is hinted at in 3.33.

Forgot pic

Attached: 1480610274088.png (1188x846, 850K)

what was the hint?

To be honest I'm surprised he didn't already tried to murder is father after ordering the EVA 01 to pass in auto mode and almost killing Asuka.

I mean, at that point he must have realise no matter what he would do, his father would only see him as a tool.

An Eva thread that hasn't devolved into waifu wars? Is this really Yea Forums?

Late night posting is usually a bit higher quality

Shinji did nothing wrong, based on the knowledge he had available he made the right decision.
Which is why Q offended so many people.
They thought Shinji did the right thing, made the right decision. But then everything came crashing down anyway.

Will there ever be a time where Eva goes back to its roots?

That 14 year timeskip leaves some room for new characters/situations, like a secondary team of pilots that have to take over after all of Nerv's Evas are taken out of action (besides Kaworu, and who knows what the fuck he would do until Asuka is back on her feet). All the spinoffs they've done so far have either been weird alternate reality stuff or slice of life parodies.

Attached: flyingevas.jpg (680x676, 65K)

All the Asukafags are asleep

Were Japanese audiences as troubled by Q as Westerners?

I figured they'd see the Shinji bashing as somewhat justified given how their culture tends to be rather more collectivist than individualist. In that sense Shinji might be seen as a tragic hero with an undeveloped sense of what is right and wrong.

Japanese hate Shinji and they hate him even more after Q

No, because he finally stood up for himself and what he cared about and pressed foward instead of wallowing in doubt and being afraid of might have beens. CONGRATURATIONS.

Attached: 1567738548944.png (1009x746, 1.17M)

Asukas are way too big, especially next to reis.

Really poor Shinji

Shinji is Adam and a Gendo clone on this continuity, he saved his waifu and he was right.
Powers from his former Adam body (Eva 01) awakened.

Why do Japs have such shit taste. I feel for that little nigga and just want to give him a helping hand in growing up and getting some form of self-confidence. Same for Asuka.

>ywn help build their confidence through MMA training, physical activity and meditation

Attached: 19452131.gif (260x199, 113K)

The only Eva characters who have consistently sold since 1996 are Rei/Asuka/Kaworu
Khara made the mistake in thinking a character just has to be cute for them to sell and realized how wrong they were when no one liked Mari. She still sells a bit more than Shinji though, but she barely has any fans.

Attached: 1.jpg (960x583, 75K)

>In retrospect, it turned our horribly, but I don't know how you can fault Shinji himself.

Yeah. But the planet is still fucked up. And he’s to blame. And it doesn’t matter if it’s his fault or not. People are dead. A lot of people are dead. Someone has to pay for it.

It isn't actually Shinji's fault. It is all an Gendo/SEELE false narrative.
All you have to do is look at the world at the end of 2.22 and the world at the beginning of 3.33 and see how entirely different they are. Shinji did nothing wrong.

That's just giant Rei from EoE forming, but not completely, then dying, those are just her remains

Shinjis guilty for the deaths of a LOT of people.maybe billions. That’s something He will never be allowed to atone for. If this were likely going for realism and taking offense to their logical and realistic conclusion Wille Will be lynching him the second he gets back to the WUNDER. He’s the reason It happened and he prove to them that he’s way too dangerous to be left alive. If he keeps living it’s only a matter of time before another impact happens It’s better for a literally everyone if he’s dead

No he isn't. Gendo/SEELE are the ones responsible, Shinji is just a scapegoat.

It’s a Japanese thing. Trying to be an individual and go against what is best for the group for your own interests is seen as outright evil. Individualism has never really been a part of their culture.

So when someone like Shinji dares try to have this one thing for himself. To try and improve his lot and not be a pathetic loser Who should listen to his essentially fascist leaders without question. Because every single time he tries to do something for himself and only for himself. People die.

Tell that to the woman who put a fucking bomb on his neck and treated him like shit.

Besides Shinji was at the center of it. It doesn’t matter if he was manipulated into killing people the fact is it was still them who pulled the metaphorical trigger. People are dead Because of him and if he had stayed out of the robot people wouldn’t be dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzYU3sRuXG4

But the Impact at the end of 2.0 was stopped cold by Unit 06(?) piloted by Kaworu.

You know, coming from the moon, chucking a Spear through Unit 01 and stopping all the bullshit going on?

There must be something that happened in between, but it sure as hell wasn't Shinji's fault.

>Tell that to the woman who put a fucking bomb on his neck and treated him like shit.
Misato have been fooled alongside everyone else.
It is all a scheme from Gendo to make everyone hate Shinji so that Shinji is easier to control.
>People are dead Because of him and if he had stayed out of the robot people wouldn’t be dead
That is my point, they would still be dead. Shinji starting near-third impact was nothing but a diversion.

This, shit got all fucked up during the years he was gone. The start of the impact at the end of 2.0 did nothing but raze the surroundings, and then he got immidiately speared. When they descend into terminal dogma in 3.3 you can see all the stuff that Shinji has nothing to do with, and it's some serious shit that means it's probably all the result of Gendo-Seele-Wille power struggle, their war must have been of apocalyptic proprtions, they did the fucking up. All the red eva-souls-shit, an eva unit with an angel stuck inside, massive numbers of evas Nerv facilities churing out, two spears.
Unless it was him wrecking havoc while being absorbed into 01 or something.

Attached: Evangelion-3.0-Big-Rei-1.jpg (1280x542, 70K)

Shinji Is well within his rights at this point to just say “fuck it all” and start an impact on purpose. Nobody is going to treat him like a human again after what he did. He’s never going to be able to do whatever he wanted with his life. He’ll always be known as “impact boy”. The one who failed humanity. Not as someone worth of respect or love.

It's a mouth

Because god forbid A character be allowed to grow some balls!

Even if he’s not responsible for the whole planet being messed up. He still gave his father an awakened Eva. That’s like the moral equivlent of giving Hitler an Abomb. That’s all on Shinji. Anything that happens in the next movie is directly the fault of his actions in .33.

>here, take this weird weapon and kill the bad guys
>how does it work? What is it really?
>don't ask questions, just do it
>shit, I pulled the trigger and it now started destroying earth!
>WELL NOW YOU FUCKED UP MAN, WHY DID YOU DO IT, IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, WE NEVER TOLD YOU TO DO THAT

I doubtAnyone who’s lived with the aftermath of his actions is going to really care whether he meant it or not. People have died and more people are going to die. People aren’t going to care about nuance when it’s a literal end of the world and human extinction on the line. When your screwup is that big even if it’s an accident nobody’s going to care if it was or not

That scene is supposed to be a what if if Kaworu had made it in time to stop it, that's why it occurs after the credits.

>Source: my ass
Ok then

>a scene in a movie is not in the movie because it's shown post-credits
I don't even know what kind of weird mental gymnastics you have to do to end up with that headcanon

Attached: 1434887680075.jpg (500x489, 104K)

What?!

Rewatch the movies up to the credits. Then watch the after-credit Kaworu scenes in 1.0 and 2.0. These two scenes occur after the series in a new timeline.

>Would that make him a villain, a younger version of his father?

No. Shinji was absolutely not aware that saving Rei would do all that damage. And nobody explained to him that Eva could lead to similar consequences. And all this was most likely Gendo's plan from the beginning, but for some reason Misato decided it was more convenient to blame Shinji than the real perpetrators.

yes, everyone else just put him into giant armored monster that alread consumed his mom and expected him to save them, he's in his right to save whoever the fuck he wants

Can’t tell if sarcastic or not

Poka will return.

Attached: Keit-ai.jpg (1647x2338, 824K)

>expecting women to think

>Final rebuild finally airs
>It's revealed to shinji that everything that he was ever blamed for was literally everyone elses fault

I doubt he could just shrug something like that off