Can a "nice" person be a well-written character?

Can a "nice" person be a well-written character?

Tanjirou feels miles better than Deku, but there's still something off about him compared to typical shonen guys like Naruto and Asta

Attached: smiles.png (1461x566, 710K)

You want main characters only?

Tanjiro has his selflessness motivated by personal tragedy and then tested by insoumauntable odds. We witness both of these things.
With Deku we only see the second half of that so of course you feel the difference.

>both moralfag crybabies
Tanjirou is Deku #2

Attached: 1554937554545.jpg (510x798, 221K)

Take it from this guy here.

Author is female and so Tanjirou is written with husbando qualities. Also theres a difference of "niceness" where as Deku is a nice guy and protective of his friends Tanjirou is more empathetic and kind which can come off as odd for his type of character but is easier to swallow when you realize he's the type of strong through hard work and honed talent which are the types of strong people allowed to be nice.

The difference is that Tanjirou is a chad, not an incel like Deku.

Attached: 1561584398799.png (959x1400, 897K)

Are shounen leads actually nice? Tanjiro is kind to everyone, he always has sympathy for another being. Shounen leads usually shit on the mooks and only given attention to the worst baddie of them which is really fucking strange

I like Tanjiro, he's a kind character but not cuck. However BnHA is just the more enjoyable show.

Attached: eeb0c7e0-e0b3-4e08-9dbc-3297290a4805.jpg (1280x1403, 361K)

I like Tanjiro, my only problem with him is that he feels "too nice", as in, i don't think someone can be that nice. But this is a manga not real life so whatever. I also like Deku despite all his flaws though.

Yoh from Shaman King.

Tanjirou is "nice", but I think it's more about him just being more mature and patient than the average shounen protagonist as he was looking after his younger siblings
As far as I had patience for his show, Deku was mostly just a crybaby and only really "nice" as an extension of that. I barely made it two episodes though

difference is deku is a cuck with stockholm syndrome

tanjirou would have knocked bakugo out a long time ago then become friends with him

This. Tanjiro is nice but isn't afraid to use force. Deku just sits around and lets the situation escalate

These, Tanjirou has a sort of Dad feel to him. He's patient and empathetic but not someone you can fuck with, which makes his kindness stand out even more as opposed to someone like Deku who's a fucking clown and a pushover for the 1st half of the series

Kindness is Tanjiro's defining trait while having other traits to back that up. For most shounen heroes, kindness is one of their traits but not the defining one. As for Deku,he's kind but generally a dweeb stereotype.

Yoh is a really good example.

Asta fucking sucks too

How? Aside from the constant screaming, how does he suck?

Tanjiro's kindness resonates more because he doesn't HAVE to be kind - it feels like something that comes from the within, not just a forced personality trait demanded by the plot. Compare, say, Tanjiro helping Daki and Gyuutaro after they're beheaded to Luffy befriending the noble family of whatever island he lands on in like five minutes. The first is characterization, the second is contrivance.

As others have said, it also helps that he isn't a pussy. Tanjiro doesn't take shit from anybody.

Attached: 015_1549660269.png (959x1400, 1.33M)

As if constant screaming isn't enough to make a character suck

> Deku strive to became stronger because he wants to be the best heroes. (Mix of selfishness)
>Tanjirou strive to became stronger to stop tragedy and cure his sister. (pure of selflessness)

>Deku can't kill people no matter what, even if the villain kill / harm more people because unclear justice and heroes regulation
>Tanjirou can kill if necessary but still show compassion toward anyone.

I disagree. He understands that the demons he's killing were once people who had their own lives. Those demons had people who loved him the same way he loves Nezuko. There's more depth to his character than "you demon, you bad" like most shonen characters because he feels empathy for his enemies.

>Tanjirou feels miles better than Deku,
go ahead and explain, im waiting..

Tanjirou is nice but he isn't a pushover cuck like Deku.

>Deku strive to became stronger because he wants to be the best heroes.
He literally just wants to be a hero because he wants to save people like AM

I don't really get what you're trying to get at, most shonen leads are nice by default because at the end of the day they defeat the baddie and stand for the weak
Unless you mean the difference between kind and empathetic characters like Tanjiro and stoic badass like Kenshiro or jerks with a heart of gold a la Yusuke

>Nice and goofy mc
>Its actually a mask, and he is deeply broken on the inside.
Now that's my cup of tea.

Attached: 080d4fa91694e5c3b4ad266ae829c44c5de9c815_hq.gif (500x375, 493K)

There are other ways to save people. Saving people only by punching villains is the ultimate selfishness, as the method is what's important, not the end result.

>typical shonen guys like Naruto and Asta
Huh? Naruto and Asta are both as nice as Deku if not far nicer in the case of Naruto, they're just less submissive and less of a pushover. Naruto's a good boy and a huge sympathetic sweetheart who's empathetic and clinging-ly loving to a ridiculous extent. I'd say someone like Ichigo is more the one who's more on the jerk side or is at the least just more tsun about his niceness.

Based. Vash is a great example of a lovable and extremely kind MC. He's like Yea Forums Superman.

Attached: naruto_wallet.png (1429x1080, 1.7M)

>Saving people only by saving people is the ultimate selfishness

Attached: 1529032997221.jpg (783x586, 141K)

Naruto was not nice. He was mostly a rude jerk to anyone he encountered, he also played pranks and was irritable to be around.

>doesn't have a job, doesn't exercise, just goes to school
>financially supports his family after his dad died and becomes a father figure for his siblings

>lofty goal of wanting to become a hero just because, wants to save people just because
>clear defined goal of saving his sister and saving others from demons so they don't have to experience the pain he did

>low stakes for failure, just doesn't get into the high school of his choice, just flunks out, just doesn't win the competition
>failure means death for him, his sister, those he is fighting for, and if his sister ever falls from grace he will kill her and commit suicide to atone for their sins

>fighting style consists of punching and flicking his fingers, big reveal that yes deku you can use your legs
>fighting style consists of sword play, blade can break if he isn't incredibly precise and disciplined

>is kind just because
>is kind because he's experienced incredible loss and humanizes the demons because he loves his demon sister

>set in modern japan with yet another class room setting
>set in taisho japan during the modernization of japan, world war II coming soon

>shits himself whenever a girl gets too close
>everyone, literally everyone, wants him because he's essentially a war buddy who risked his life for them

>songs are generic pop shit normies eat up, training music is rap - www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPuhEonPdo
>songs are inspired by traditional japanese music - www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6DxuQ0G4h8

>gay ass freckles
>kick ass head scare

>has a stupid childhood rival and an even dumber love interest
>no rivals, no love interest

Attached: EDto2iNXkAEh4F.jpg (700x1244, 198K)

He won't. Anyways Hori puts a lot more effort into Deku's characterization than Getouge with Tanijiro who comes off as more generic in comparison. We delve more into Deku's own character hence why there's a lot more opposition to his character than there is to Tanjiro who comes off as a generic nice guy you would find in a Showa manga but he isn't really much of a character outside being the nice guy.

>With Deku we only see the second half of that so of course you feel the difference.
Good to see you don't read the manga.

>Author is female
>has a masculine pen name
What did he mean by this?

>no love interest
kek

Attached: x7.png (959x1400, 706K)

>fighting style consists of punching and flicking his fingers, big reveal that yes deku you can use your legs
Far more interesting than magic swords for the billionth time

I don't dislike either of them, but i also don't really like them. I'd say Tanjirou is better because of the imouto factor. Having his motivations be tied to him wanting to save someone he loves inconditionally and so profoundly makes him more relatable as a character, especially if you have a sister irl.

>I'd say Tanjirou is better because of the imouto factor. Having his motivations be tied to him wanting to save someone he loves inconditionally and so profoundly makes him more relatable as a character
Nope

he's cuter too

Attached: 1568389764723.jpg (1000x676, 144K)

Also Getouge doesn't really do much with Tanjiro either. He's just a smidgen above being as generic as Asta

Not saying author is a woman, but you can see female authors with masculine pen name everywhere.

Isn't it a common practice

Odds are higher they’re not female though. Idk where people are pullig this meme that the mangaka for KnY is a chick from.

Deku's character was assassinated. In the beginning of the manga he was supposed to be a guy that looks weak and spineless but is actually a crazed, selfless to a fault, Shirou-like madman that will do anything to save people (like evidenced in scenes like him trying to save Bakugou from the slime or Uraraka from the robot), even if it meant putting himself at risk. This was also tied in to his power, which embodied this very well, as he would literally destroy himself while fighting, so he'd be limited to a few high power attacks per fight, requiring them to use them wisely. However Hori decided to change all of this. Deku was taught that self-sacrifice is bad, his powers now have no drawbacks (at the cost at being weaker, sure but he's still extremely strong) and he's a by-the-book, follow the law and order at all times pushover. I legitimately think he could have been a great protagonist if Hori hadn't taken this bizarre turn.

Not exactly no. Also, there’s no evidence to suggest the idea that Getouge is a chick though. That’s the point being made.

You're retarded

Oh yes tell me more about how they retconned Deku into having any motivation at all.

Shirou is an awfully written character though. Idk why you’re citing him as angle for how Deku could have been better. At least Fate makes a point in citing the hypocricy of Shirou’s morality. But MHA was never gonna take that angle regardless.

>retconned Deku into having any motivation at all.
Please amuse by explaining this

Please, do elaborate. It's hard to discuss anything if you just say "you're retarded" and nothing more
You not agreeing with Shirou's point of view does not make him an awfully written character. He's one of the most interesting parts of Fate as a whole.

>He's one of the most interesting parts of Fate as a whole.
Thanks for the laugh

You are the one pretending the character isn't a tabula rasa that's being written retroactively.

He is a poorly written character because he’s unrealistic and horribly one dimensional. His entire purpose as a character is to be deconstructed, which is why he falls flat. I can admire what Fate did right, and yes, challenging Shirou’s morality makes him interesting as a CONCEPT of a character. He’s not an interesting character in and of himself.

This isn't an explanation user

You answer your own question. Yes, a nice person can be a well written character. There are plenty of other examples in anime and other mediums to prove it.

nor do I need to elaborate on a fact.
Deku is a shit character with no traits other than selflessness for no reason. Any motivation you might pretend he has was written retroactively.

So you have no explanation and you're just talking out your ass

The character's optimism in the face of adversity is treated with a lot more weight though. It doesn't come from a place of "endearing" stupidity. You can see how Tanjirou's personal tragedy and history as the older brother, and briefly the man of the house, inform on all his actions. You are correct that they are superficially similar, as is any energetic, static protagonist.

Deku is not a static protagonist so I don't really like comparing the two, as they're meant to fulfill different functions in the story. MHA is specifically focused on Deku's growth whereas that's not really the central point of Yaiba. That being said I do wish Deku would have something new to chew on besides physical growth, because he's felt pretty lacking since his fight with Bakugou. He's just felt a bit passive, stumbling in to his protagonist duties. We're finally getting back to the dynamic of the main three with the current arc so hopefully we'll get something interesting.

Have you even read the manga you're defending? Are you gonna pretend Deku gets any substance to his character when the premise is being established? Any backstory that motivates him is written retroactively because the character has no traits. Seriously, reread the first ten chapters and describe his character.

brskeletonap

I love this. It absolutely destroys every Dekucuck with facts and logic. Amazing.

Deku is a madman.

He was voted #1 most likely to be a school shooter.

Far more interesting than Yea Forums faggotry for the ten-billionth time
FTFY

Deku is a moralfag to the extreme.
Tanjirou merely empathizes with demons before killing them as painlessly as is necessary.
They aren't the same.

He was rude because he had no parents to teach him how to behave properly and it's explained in canon multiple times why he played pranks.

>Tanjiro killing demons makes him not a moralfag

Retard

And what does that have to do with anything?

Not even the same guy, but did you? I'm not even a deku fan but I'm not gonna pretend like he's a blank slate who retroactively had his personality written in when everything we need to form the basis of his personality and character is done before 10 chapters. Fuck, maybe even the first two or three, actually. What are you on?

This is horribly reductionist. If you're actually going to compare one character to the other then actually do it right.

Pretty much everything. Because it's the absence of parents or proper guardians in his life is the reason he developed such an obnoxious personality in the first place?

what personality? What character? what are YOU on?
Describe Deku without mentioning:
Appearance
Skills
Plot relevance
Relationships
You must only describe the character in terms of their personality.

So he's not nice

What's it like not being able to comprehend simple words?

Attached: zoomers.gif (652x562, 392K)

What's it like to be an idiot?

What's it like being an idiot with zero reading comprehension skills?

He's flawed, definitely. But he's still ultimately kind to others and does more for others than most in his position would have.

What's it like being an idiot unable to read what he wrote?

Deku isn't selfless, he wants to play the hero in some big contrived dramatic situation that fits his childish fantasies. The people who are getting saved don't care if that's the case only Deku, they'd probably prefer if things didn't get to that extgreme a point if anything.

Tanjirou is the poor man's Yoh.
Might as well call him Tanjiyoh.

Look at this dumbass

What's it like being an idiot unable to comprehend the small words that make up a single sentence?

What is this board's obsession with Deku and trying to put him down?

Attached: deku thinking.jpg (251x323, 14K)

fag

If Deku had an ounce of Tanjiro's sass he wouldn't have let himself be bullied in school like a loner

Attached: 20190913_213626.jpg (786x551, 296K)

Yeah Deku is a fucking fag, glad we cleared that out.
Tanjiro wins again.

Attached: Targeted_Smug.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

He's more of an annoying faggot than Naruto and twice as ugly.

Imagine them fucking

Isn't most hero jobs just catching purse snatchers and what not and we've already been in the 1st episode that there's already too many heroes competing for very little prey. Why would anyone think being a pro hero would be the most efficient way to save the most people?

Polite, soft-spoken, meek, low-self esteem, humble, self-depreciative, living in a state of denial due to his unfortunate circumstances, responsible, diligent, observant, naive, has childish delusions of being like the heroes he admires and selfishly wishes to acheive that goal for his own desires but ultimately proves himself to be selfless by trying to save someone and putting his life at risk not for glory or benefiting himself but because that person looked like they needed help. It's not complicated. You don't have to like it but that's not a blank slate.

But he's not nice retard.

Because not every threat is on the same level as street crime? You think someone who focuses on catching purse snatchers was gonna put down the giant villain from the first chapter?

I don't know but it obviously makes you retards seethe

haven't seen shippuden yet but yeah that's pretty much him from what I've seen

Does Deku ever have sass moments like this or is he just the eternal doormat?

Nice way to describe a literal doormat.

whoops

Attached: 1567828981094.jpg (919x731, 172K)

I think you're failing to miss that polite =/= nice. Naruto isn't polite and submissive and tends to start off on the wrong foot with most people but if they were in danger or needed help Naruto was always the first person to run in and help even if it put his life on the line and when he couldn't do so he always tried to encourage others through moments of tribulation. That's true kindness.

>Can a "nice" person be a well-written character?
Yes. Why would you need to be bad to be a good character? Personality isn't just about morality.

>Deku is such a shit character and MHA has shitty writing, here's why
>HURR READ THE MANGA RETARD DURR LOOK AT THIS DUMBASS URRR ITS NOT AN ASSPULL
Quality bread MHAplebbitors

>I think you're failing to miss that polite =/= nice.
No you're just a retard. Naruto was never nice but he did open up to people who bothered to befriend him. Kishimoto based his characterization of the trickster fox after all who was primarily an asshole in the legend.

If you mean talkback when threatened by an enemy, then yes, Deku does that.

>Deku is such a shit character and MHA has shitty writing, here's why
>.......
>......
>Aren't you going to explain yourself?
>SHUT UP! I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN SHIT! MHA IS SHIT AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT

Okay

tanjiro actually loses himself as well, kind of tired of watching deku being boring. Like come on get angry, lose it a little

Attached: 1546328963194.jpg (903x533, 117K)

Yeah, he starts out at his lowest of lows so he can start climbing higher. That's the point of his later character development. Growing into a more confident and self-assured person that doesn't get shaken up by the slightest confrontation. Again, you don't have to like it but that's the point. If you don't get that then I really don't know what to tell you. You would actually have to be retarded.

Except the giant villain was literally a purse snatcher you retarded fuck. And apparently there's so little for the heroes to do that they have to jump all over one small fry when it appears just to gain merit with the rest of their work being a lot of self-promotion.

Deku doesn't have the range

Attached: 20190913_215229.jpg (783x468, 167K)

Deku does get angry when he's facing an enemy who is being a shithead. Do you even read MHA?

>The Virgin Deku vs The Chad Tanjirou
Chad wins every time.

I mean you could share with the class and post some pics

No. The show was boring, so I'd imagine that the manga would be even more boring.

The problem with Deku is that his entire thing hinges on a baseless fantasy. "I want to be the hero to save people"
I mean sure thats noble, but also the most pathetic childish thing ever. WHY do you want to be a hero and save people? Cause you saw someone cool on tv do it?
There is not actual substance to it, he wants to do cause... I guess he liked watching AM on tv. He wasnt saved as a kid or he has any kind of debt to someone, his family has 0 heroic ancestry, etc, etc. He isnt just a nobody, hes a nobody whose motivation falls apart after asking 2 questions. If dig deeper it becomes selfish right away.
Deku has the lamest backstory of any shonen character ever. Hell, his "backstory" was basically handed to him with OfA with the predecesors and shit. Its not even his

>reading MHA

Attached: 1544490298170.jpg (957x1039, 50K)

Funny enough besides Iida or gravity girl everyone else is the same. They want to be a hero just because. It's like hero has been reduced to a profession which it actually has in their universe but that's not a good thing

How to not make an insufferable moralfag? Easy. Make him cheat, lie, run, hide, avoid responsibility, hurt others, believe in enemy ideologies, exploit favors and deny the whole world's freedom if it means his own imprisonment.

Selfishness hones good deeds, that relationship is almost linear in writing. The more average your MC is emotionally and mentally, the more their nobel acts shine later on. When someone always helps the weak, supports friends, and defeats evil their new opportunities soon become expectation.

Moralfags can be done decently if they are specifically tested and stripped away from what makes others think they are "amazing", it's just too risky to execute it without making a character lean either way. Actually part naruto did this pretty well but strayed away from that route because Jirayas prophecy needed to be fulfilled. Someone else also mentioned Vash, who is another great example

Sunabouzo exemplifies this idea around the end which I'm not going to spoil, but for anyone here interested in how circumstances and relationships shape someone's sense of duty and empathy, you might want to marathon that one and see what makes someone "good"

Attached: Alibaba Saluja.jpg (2492x1158, 1.03M)

Okay. Let me break this down for you one last time. After that, I'm done giving out (You)'s. Naruto in the beginning was on the far lighter end of the 'jerk with a heart of gold' trope and wasn't an outright asshole to people but tended to be obnoxious and speak rudely to garner attention but when things actually mattered Naruto was always compassionate and understanding even if he was somewhat blunt and less tactful. He was always willing to open up to people when they gave him the chance, not the other way around. He's the one who got treated like shit by most people in his village and is understandably defensive but when people bothered to actually treat him like a human being he immediately dropped his front and was a friendly and upbeat kid, like when he talks to Haku the first time or when Kakashi ask them to talk about themselves. Naruto was ALWAYS a nice kid, he just had a bit of wall but it always came down easy because he was never an outright asshole nor was he meant to be.

Deku would rather remain a punching bag and want to talk things out instead of sticking up for himself and show results

Attached: 20190913_215242.jpg (704x1067, 517K)

So he was not nice then.

Read the thread dipshit
All your replies are just
>hurr no ur stuppeed! read the manga!
Except you're so fucking retarded you can't into the most basic shit, see here

>HURR YOU DIDN'T EXPLAIN WHY
>read the thread(s) retard
>DURR LINK THE POST THEN RETARD
>scroll up dumbass
>URRR SEE NO EXPLANATION DUMB SHITPOSTER
Next thread
>Deku is such a shit character and MHA has shitty writing
>DURR READ THE MANGA RETARD URRR LOOK AT THIS DUMBASS HURR ITS NOT AN ASSPULL
Every single time

Every character have a core aspect of them that other traits revolve around. For shounen protag it usually determination while trait like kindness, courage and love for battle revolve around that core. It not that Tanjirou is only kind, but his core aspect is kindness while other aspect revolve around that core. Also not all type of character need opposition, it just that author usually opposition to characterization a characters, especially in Shounen due to it action heavy nature.

I'm trying to imagine deku handling that and it's hilarious

>Not a single post actually gives a good reason and evolves into shitpost

Okay. Thanks for proving my point I guess

Can I post this? I think it's a good post.

Attached: deku issues 2.png (1201x216, 110K)

Doesn't the series kind of address that with Stain and whoever the newest villains are.

Attached: 1557443190943.jpg (621x146, 14K)

The fact that Tanjirou always had a bite in spite of being a nice and reasonable person was one of the main points that sold me on him

Something I greatly dislike about Deku is how he comes off as a shallow person but the story never acknowledges it.

Stain did but man he was taken out too quickly. And it was one of the better arcs.

>deku's room is literally just All Might everything
without all might he has nothing to his character

Stain and Gentle heavily adress it, but both of their arcs are very short and they arent very deeply discussed. Also completely obliterated off the story after their arc ends

Being a bitch is still character.

>The problem with Deku is that his entire thing hinges on a baseless fantasy. "I want to be the hero to save people"
How is the fantasy baseless when they;'re living in a world where being a hero is reality? You just killed your own argument in the first sentence

>I mean sure thats noble, but also the most pathetic childish thing ever. WHY do you want to be a hero and save people? Cause you saw someone cool on tv do it?
Hey dumbshit. Most kids get inspiration to what they want to be in live due to being inspired by something at a young age, there's never a profound reason to be what you want to be you just do so because you like it.

>Hell, his "backstory" was basically handed to him with OfA with the predecesors and shit.
What the fuck are you talking about?

>Funny enough besides Iida or gravity girl everyone else is the same.
Wrong again dipshit.

>They want to be a hero just because
And there's nothing wrong with that. Nobody in Konoha has a profund reason to be a ninja its just a part of life. Luffy doesn't have a profiund reason to be a pirate nor do most of the characters in OP they're either born pirates or its something they want to do because they were inspired. Why does MHA get some of the dumbest criticisms on this board?

The weird thing is that the series makes a point of making this look as something bad/shameful/childish, but Deku himself never sees it that way nor tries to grow past it

You say this like admiration can't be a motivation for others. Literally every kid who saw All Might wanted to be like him, Deku's not exactly special in that regard. And his initial reasons for wanting to be a hero were pretty shallow and that's all but addressed when he saves Bakugou and thinks about the reasons he's doing it, and despite thinking of several shallow reasons, the one he arrives at is that he saw someone in trouble and wanted to help him. While simple, it's not shallow. That's human empathy and altruism calling him into action. For all his childish desire and wanting to play being hero, he does have the trait to be a true hero but it hasn't been cultivated fully just yet and is part of his development. Deku's gone from wanting to just be like all might, to wanting to answer up the All Might's faith in him, and realizing that in order to do that and protect what All Might built up he needs not only to be a hero but THE hero and his own one at that and slowly his childish and shallow perceptions are being stripped from him as time goes on.

Attached: img_2826.png (724x852, 550K)

>The weird thing is that the series makes a point of making this look as something bad/shameful/childish
No it doesn't.

No it doesn't.
Neither of them address it also Stain was an insane person who's retardation got called out. Why anyone keeps quoting him I have no clue but Stain was wrong for attacking Iida's brother for no reason other than he was apart of the system.

Because there is nothing enticing about a world of bureaucratized superheroism and having the character be a naive buckeyed motivated boy for no reason than partaking on that is barely a character. The writing never acknowledges this contradiction. This isn't inspiring, it's trite.
Again, what is the ethos of Deku?
They could make this about being the best salaryman and it would improve tenfold because at least there would be some grounding for the character.

Deku doesn't give a fcuk about saving people he just plays it for the public. Think about it. He had no powers and there was no way he could be a hero. Did he pursue some other profession that would let him save people? Not at all. He was just crying 24/7 because he wanted to be like AM. He is just a power hungry fuckboy who pretends to care about people.

>193161002
See? MHAplebbitors are easy to predict. Bugmen love their capeshit

The thing is that while the series adress those issues, it never go deeper then present it. And all of those who "adress" these issues are all villains who presented that they're in the wrong, so the message turn from " these social issue in this world" into " don't try to address these social issues cause only villain do that". It would be nice if a good person question this issue instead of the villains.

I feel like the theme has been pretty consistently touched on by the villains in one way or another.

The liberation army is pretty justified in their disdain for heroes and the way society treats superpowers, which ties into the whole heroes not really being heroes thing.

Shiragaki's whole backstory also touches on it in a different way in that even the greatest heroes will cause sorrow because of their heroics.

Yes but the writing relies on terrible logic to make the point. Deku is (supposedly) going to fix hero society when it seems like
>1. Deku is a part of the problem with his obsession with being #1. Yes I understand that involves more the crime deterrent thing than the glitz and glamor but that latter point is going completely ignored.
>2. Stain is a crazy idiot and wrong
>3. Even the worst heroes like Endeavor have been shown to be capable of change INDEPENDENT OF DEKU
>4. Hori wrote himself into a corner and couldn't prove that there was anything about Deku Mirio couldn't have done just as well if not better, so Mirio was depowered instead of the issue being addressed.

>you're wrong! No I won't expand further, you're just wrong!

It's mostly repressed due to life shitting on him and his powerlessness forcing him to be non-confrontational but Deku's sitting on a ball of rage that comes out when shit's intense enough for it.

Attached: db3d652db818424ba0961c461934b858f38e5506_248551_870_1259.jpg (853x311, 86K)

In like the first goddamn chapter he tries to save Bakugo from a sludge man despite being a powerless wimp.
Deku's not a great character but he's certainly not what you make him out to be.

>Because there is nothing enticing about a world of bureaucratized superheroism a
Thank you for your worthless opinion.

>having the character be a naive buckeyed motivated boy for no reason than partaking on that is barely a character
He wanted to be a hero because he was inspired by the greatest hero at a young age,

>The writing never acknowledges this contradiction.
Becaus eits not a contradiction and its something you made up

>Again, what is the ethos of Deku?
He doesn't need ethos. His character is inspired by Peter Parker who is known for being a regular guy being thrusted into a situation he never asked for but still does it due to his own ethics.

>Deku's not a great character
Fuck off retard

This doesn't explain anything. Its just the ramblings of a retard more likely the Miriofag

Ironically, The protagonist of MHA's spinoff is a better Peter Parker than Deku. I'd compare Deku to a member of the Power pack honestly.

What the fuck are you talking about

>His character is inspired by Peter Parker who is known for being a regular guy being thrusted into a situation he never asked for but still does it due to his own ethics.
Deku did ask for this. Parker is motivated by guilt. Peter Parker would have been a fucking asshole if Uncle Ben hadn't been shot because of him. Horikoshi's understanding of Peter is wrong.

>Ironically, The protagonist of MHA's spinoff is a better Peter Parker than Deku
Nope for the sheer fact that he was porn with powers and doesn't have a responsibility to do what he does.

>His character is inspired by Peter Parker who is known for being a regular guy being thrusted into a situation he never asked for but still does it due to his own ethics.
But he did got ask to be in this situation. AM asked if him want to his successor or not and he said yes. Peter never ask the spider to bite him and give him super power, he motivated by his uncle death and come to realization that those have great power also have the responsible to protect the weak

We're reaching levels of dismissiveness that shouldn't even possible.

>Deku did ask for this
Nope. All he wanted was to be said he could be a hero. That's all. What he got was a quirk that has the hardwork and legacy built by generations of heroes and was tasked to take the mantle by the 1# hero. He never asked for any of that but he still carries on knowing that he got lucky. Go be stupid somewhere else.

At this point it feels like society is going to be changed because of what the villains do, and presumably lessons learned from the inevitable conflict and challenging of established beliefs.

That said, it's just speculation, and the series can go whichever direction but I think the notion that ideas aren't being touched on aren't totally valid since a story doesn't need to immediately reflect lessons on the MC to do so.

Deku having seemingly positive traits (Being the #1 student, a better all might, etc) turning out not to be positive would be a nice turn around too.

>But he did got ask to be in this situation.
No he didn't. Deku NEVER asked All Might for hus fucking quirk you stupid dipshit, He askedf him if it was possible for him to be a hero at that point it didn't fucking matter to him if he was able to get a quirk or not he just wanted someone to tell him what he had sought for years to finally come.

>No rebuttal

Of course,

He still was asked if he want to have AM power or not. AM even told him about that. And he want to be like AM to this is literally what he was asked for.

Your example is bad. Luffy doesn't have to be nice either and is often still hostile to people he's forced to work with (Caeser, Crocodile). Most of the time it's because he takes a liking to them first then vice-versa.

P.S the only example of him befriending a noble family quickly on a island he just landed on is Rebecca.

There is nothing 'off' about him. I'm so sick of the "I want to be king/leader/hero" trope. Tanji is a much needed break, you can be a nice guy and still be a badass. Deku is an annoying bitch, his classmates and the villains save the show.

Honestly, some series start off with characters being more jerkish/selfish and they become nicer/selfless as the series goes on (or maybe because it becomes more popular). Ironically, Goku starts off as the nicest guy around, being a pure, kind, and doing good defines him and contrasts him with everyone else. But as the series goes on, he becomes more selfish, his purity is retconned as him being like an overgrown toddler who doesn't consider about the consequences of his actions, and even Vegeta is more moral than he is now.

>I want to be a hero like All Might
>Be my successor
>Okay
>"He never asked for this"
Mr. Fantastic over here with this stretch

based tanji

So you said that when he ate AM hair and do all those training, he didn't make a choice to have AM power.

>He still was asked if he want to have AM power or not.
This is not an argument. Where did Deku say he wanted All Might's quirk? You lose.
>The only way you can be a hero is if you have a quirk
>I just want to be a hero regardless
>You can be able to achieve your dream since my quirk can be passed on
Okay

Now where did he asked for One for All. I'll wait

So Deku asked AM for his power then?

Him asking or not is a technicality. Peter Parker is motivated by guilt, Deku is motivated by motivation, end of story.

That moment when he have the girl a swift, beautiful death when she surrendered was amazing.

You like good old fashioned heroes who are strong and determined, but also polite and compassionate.

Attached: jonathan joestar.jpg (800x794, 51K)

>Doesn't the series kind of address that with Stain and whoever the newest villains are.
No. Also Stain wanted things to return back to the days where being a hero wasn't a profession and was something done out f altruism. I'm not sure what the fuck these dumbasses ( , , ) are talking about.

Holy shit have I entered another timeline where all might didnt offer one for all to deku? He literally asked for it so he could be his idol

But you had no rebuttal. Your only counterargument was, as best as I can see
>Deku is not a naive buckeyed motivated boy, he wanted to be a hero because he was inspired by the greatest hero at young age
Or
>Deku does have a character that is interesting to the story's take on heroic bureaucracy, he wanted to be a hero because he was inspired by the greatest hero at a young age
And neither take is really addressing his problem. Do you mean to say that Deku's simplistic hero worship actually gives him an edge in a world where heroes have become a business? What measures has the story taken to address this, do you think? I'm steelmanning your argument for you.

And then your Peter Parker argument which was dismantled.

>Him asking or not is a technicality.
Nope. And you're wrong by the way. Would have had a point if Deku had asked OfA from the get go but you don't.

So where did Deku ask AM for OfA user?

He still make a choice when AM ask him. AM did told him that he gonna get OfA. Deku may not ask for it, but he did make a conscious choice knowing what entail that decision. It like saying someone voluntary drink poison knowing the result but then said he didn't ask to die.

The anime is pure art, action and feels.

>do you want my power?
>yes
Fin

>It's like hero has been reduced to a profession which it actually has in their universe but that's not a good thing

>Stain wanted things to return back to the days where being a hero wasn't a profession and was something done out f altruism

Uh

>And neither take is really addressing his problem.
Because there is no problem. You have to actually have a point to make in order to there be something worth addressing. None of the two points have any correlations to one another to fucking begin with and only shows to prove that your dumbass cant follow a simple shounen manga.

>And then your Peter Parker argument which was dismantled.
You didn't dismantle anything you stupid bitch. Deku never asked for his situation.

He's an incredibly flat character. It just feels like an uninspired copy of other shonen mcs. It's really unfortunate because the world seemed interesting but I couldn't fucking stand the dogshit characters.

>train for an entire year
>ate his hair
>"he never asked for this!"

Seeing as how all your posts are just your mentally ill sperging about criticism with 0 substance to them. If anyone's a shitposter it's you.

True, I like him more than Luffy and Deku though.

>He still make a choice when AM ask him.
But did Deku ask him for OfA? No? Then your're wrong. Also there's more to Petey than MUH UNCLE BEN the main appeal of Spidey was that he was a regular guy he got plunged into his role as a hero due to circumstances he couldn't control and the story evolved into how he'll utilize his powers to save lives.

Deku a shit

But most people have quirks. Doesn't that mean deku isn't a regular guy?

I guess you didn't read this.

Attached: 0054-017.jpg (1066x1600, 336K)

>I just want to be a hero regardless
Now hold on a second there, user! It looks like you're lying! Haha, we wouldn't want that, now would we? Any other bit of dialogue is basically irrelevant. This was Deku's reaction, not a shred of hesitation. Even if there was, you still can never dodge the fact that HE WANTED TO BE A HERO HE WANTED TO SAVE LIVES AND PUT HIS LIFE ON THE LINE

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 10.35.48 PM.png (669x247, 104K)

childish escapism from complexity

Agreed, fuck Deku. I think One Piece is still enjoyable because the sprawling, adventurous journey is engaging enough to ignore Luffy's antics and the shit dialogue.

>Power breaks all your bones if you use it

Yep he definitely asked for it

Try again user

I don't see the contradiction here.
Poster brought up heroes being a profession being a bad thing.
Second poster made a point that it was addressed with Stain.
Stain is saying heroes being a profession is a bad thing.

> Making a choice knowing full well what gonna happen
> he never ask for this
If he never ask for OfA he could just said no. But he not, so the situation he in right now is cause by his choice, so he did ask for it. Saying he not just make Deku seem like someone who want all the benefit but none of the respoisibilty.

meant for

That literally reaffirms what I said

That why he train at first, so that his body can withstand the some of that power. He know what gonna happen and prepare for it.

Imagine if deku wasn't a little shit who had to train last minute so his body could handle it. It's almost as if hes really not worthy for one for all.

Also eat my ass, he breaks his bones purposely all the time.

>Imagine being a MHAshitposter
>No life, no girlfirend, neck is now a full beard and cheetos dust all over your keybaord
>Then you see a popular shounen manga hitting the mainstream and decide the shit on it
>Unfortunately since you never got your GED you go about it in the most stupid way possible
>This is the life of a MHA shitposter.

Attached: 0001-057.jpg (1066x1600, 332K)

I force myself to watch one piece because I'm in too deep. I like the action, but I already know nothing has any real risk of danger to the main crew. I hate Sanji, Luffy, and Usopp the most

Nope it doesn't

>Making a choice knowing full well what gonna happen
So Deku can see into the future now?

Lmao boku no schizo academiafags winning gold medals with these mental gymnastics. We're bordering on Cunningham's law here.

Attached: aru maito.png (379x297, 113K)

>anime
read it please stop subjecting yourself to that

>Making a choice knowing full well what gonna happen

Attached: 0004-002.jpg (1066x1600, 313K)

I guess that's that then. user says no so it's decided.

It's incredibly frustrating how Deku thinks being assertive in that situation is a bad thing

>Doesn't read the manga
>goes off into his own retardation

Everytime

That was after he said yes to it dumbass,

I really liked this manga for a while and there are still things I like about it. I think the current state of Deku is a problem. You had to lie about the character in order to have ground to stand on. Your post and image refutes nothing from my own.

If Tanji or Asta were swapped with Deku, MHA would be 100% better.

>Thinks he reads the manga
>Doesn't understand Stain one of the most basic villains in the series.

You know it says a lot about Tanijiro when most of the thread is talking about Deku

Tanjiro not really, the character is so entrenched with his goal and motivations that it wouldn't really work. Funny enough I feel like you could put deku into any anime with his power and it would work because hes just got the most generic "I want to be a hero" goal possible

Fuck no. Asta is the reason BC isn't popular and Kimetsu is being entirely carried by pwetty lights

No not at all.

>thread is shitting on deku
>"But I'm getting attention!"
You get bullied in school dont you?

How are Deku and Peter even comparable beyond superficial similarities like being nerds? Deku is literally a fanboy character, a mirror for all the fanboys of shonenshit/capeshit in real life who want to be special snowflakes. Peter gains powers by chance and has to learn to be responsible with them. Shit, his irresponsibility get his uncle killed.

As much as I like Tanjirou I don't think that'd be the case. Deku can be a frustrating or boring character depending on the situation but it's difficult to imagine what the story would even be if you replaced him with a character who has already reached maturity.

Deku's character only works in MHA setting.

Yes

Tanjirou is basically "super strong nice guy".

>. Deku can be a frustrating or boring character

>As much as I like Tanjirou

Irony

>People are so butthurt about Deku's character to swam whenever he's mentioned

Sounds about right

Nope

and Deku is super strong nice cuck

I would like Deku's character a whole lot more if he wasn't the protagonist. With Tanjiro I like him because he IS the protagonist.

You can say that about pretty much every MC in every setting
They develop their personality and goals based on their world. Of course they would be entirely different in a different setting. I can't imagine someone like Naruto or Luffy in MHA
Though Rock Lee would fit MHA as a quirkless guy...

Deku is great, my favorite shonen MC

Attached: 30d.jpg (687x767, 108K)

>IP didn't move

>You can say that about pretty much every MC in every setting
Not really. No.

>cuck
Opinion discarded.

You are implying that Deku is nothing more than a generic shonen MC? I was under the impression that was a consensus, since he's the vessel from which we know a much more interesting world. There is nothing wrong with having a basic MCs with basic motivations if your worldbuilding keeps the thing together. Why are you pretending Deku is this nuanced complex multi-layered character he's actually not?

I would say Tanjirou is consistently entertaining character since the story is changing who he's playing off of and how he affects them. It's difficult to see how he's frustrating given that he's very much a no bullshit lead. Even the characters who come to like him never like him too much. He's not overpowered or anything, he's always reliant on others for major wins without feeling like a burden himself.

>I would say Tanjirou is consistently entertaining character since the story is changing who he's playing off of and how he affects them
No it doesn't.

I wasn't saying that at all and honestly who are you to say to begin with?

You're not trying to refute anything at this point, you just contradict any statement made about Deku with dismisiveness.

It's always introducing someone new to get focus during the arc. Rengoku, Uzui, Tokito, Genya, and currently Giyuu. So you would be factually incorrect. Even Zenitsu and Inosuke don't even really start playing off him during fights together until the train arc.

No I didn't

FUCKING BASED. Where my Jonabros at?

Taniro doesn't act any differently when interacting with them and their change of heart is incredibly forced.

Nah, Tanjirou Ives demons without hesitation, he knows that they're evil and have to be destroyed. Being able to empathise with your enemies does not mean you're a moralfag

Tanjiro is a fucking faggot, those that pretend he is better than Deku are backpedaling hard

>le "I cry for killers" man
>good

> Tanjirou show them kindness
> Prove himself in front of the people he fighting with
> comradery born from battle and struggle
yeah really forced there.

So he does nothing different. Thanks for proving my point dipshit

These threads are just bait to get different fandoms to shit on eachother, right?

>Taniro doesn't act any differently when interacting with them
That's not what I mean.
>and their change of heart is incredibly forced
It's mostly as simple as normal interaction with Uzui and Genya, since all they really were was rude. Not sure what's so forced about that. Tokitou changes slower over the arc.

Listen man I've voiced my complaints about Deku without calling anyone a retard or anything. There's just one guy in this thread who is very dedicated to shitposting and making BNHAfags look straight up insane.

Not the guy you're talking to but I don't get how Tanjiro being a constant while interacting with different characters means he isn't entertaining.

Cause he a consistent character, his default state is nice. it would make no sense if he treat people he just meet and know nothing about difference.

You won't be saying that when Oda actually does kill off Usopp

there's no such thing as good dialogue in shounen
>Luffy doesn't have a profiund reason to be a pirate
Kek fucking hell you're a brainlet

>falling for the "nice protagonist" meme

Attached: SnK-shingeki-no-kyojin-attack-on-titan-42039047-250-250.png (250x250, 64K)

>MUH FREEDOM
>profound

He wants to be a pirate because the first good father-figure he had in his life was one and he glorified the shit out of it.

>that's not a good thing
Yeah isn't that the point?

>duuuuuuude only steaks matter reeee why can't everything be as cool as Tokyo Ghoul
Just drop it

Steaks are the only food that matters.
That is fact.

Tanjiro is nice for a reason, he has to have empathy because the plot demands it - he smells emotions and his empathy allows him to understand exactly how to act accordingly.

Deku is just nice for no reason, probably because Hori thought he would be more likable that way, but since Deku has no basis for his niceness and it also doesnt amount to anything special it comes off as too forced and even pathetic at times.

Attached: consider.png (1000x1000, 264K)

Oh and he also made a pact with Ace in the eve of Sabo's death which probably played a bigger role.

Attached: one_piece_589_5.jpg (800x1274, 209K)

>absolute city of this thread
I knew MHAfags were retarded, but holy shit. This level of retardation is an insult to the human race.

HEY!!
I sincerely apologize for this, but I do not agree with this opinion nor particularly understand why you have arrived at this decision in your life, how I acknowledge and respect your right to it nonetheless and wish you only the best henceforth, my good man.

Attached: jojo8.mp4[2018-12-31 19-33-56.768].png (900x506, 332K)

>Deku is just nice for no reason,
Good to see you don't read the manga.

there's been quite a few characters dying in the timeskip but oda makes it clear that this won't be a gory manga from the beginning. complaining about it almost a thousand chapters in only makes you look pathetic.

Luffy literally says that he wants to be a pirate because it has the most freedom.

>Can a "nice" person be a well-written character?
You really need to read more literature.

I did, loved it, but then dropped it because Hori cant write for shit.
Maybe you would grow out of it one day as well, user.

He is nice and selfless because he is nice and selfless. What drives Deku?

Hunterchad here, watching

Attached: 1449116359452.png (330x330, 29K)

>Tanjiro is nice for a reason
We're given no reason why he's nice or emphatic

>Deku is just nice for no reason
Wrong again

>He is nice and selfless because he is nice and selfless.
Wrong

Cool horseshit bro

Based Hunterchad.
Snkfag here, also watching.

I literally just told you what his reason for being nice is, it's to serve the plot. That's a good way to write a character.

>Tokyo Ghoul
>stakes, real danger, consequences or something cool
AHAHHAHAHAHA call me the next time Kaneki """dies"""

Deku's entire attitude was mended by the environment he grew up in this is why he is the way he acts. His admiration for All Might and heroes in general made him want to take after them hence why he attended every hero showing.

You keep saying I'm wrong and that Deku is nice for a reason but prey tell, user, what is the reason exactly?

You didn't you just made up a bunch of horseshit.

People are just nice. Because they were born or raised to be nice. You don't have to have a reason for it

>Degenerates that've let themselves become so jaded and disillusioned by life thinking people require a reason to be nice to others.
Consider the following:
Some people are just born not being assholes and are naturally kind and empathetic, and it doesn't make it their decision to be a decent human being any less valid than someone who does so on a case by case basis. Whichever one you prefer in your story is just that, a preference and not objective fact.

Attached: jojo.png (308x394, 137K)

You keep saying Deku is nice for no reason by provide no evidence or even an argument to back up, why are you such a faggot?

>People are just nice. Because they were born or raised to be nice. You don't have to have a reason for it

>you dont need to write your main character with traits that makes sense so he would be a good, well written character

I think I'm gonna stop replying to retarded MHAfags now. Going to sleep, goodnight.

Attached: 243412e5a34af6942e5ecc3572c5f045.gif (500x321, 56K)

Yeah he's been obsessed with freedom ever since Sabo died

Why is he nice?
I know the answer but do you?

Tanjiro doesn't have a reason to be nice nor are we shown that

>He doesn't know about the concept of nature and nurture shaping a person to be who they are
So this is the state of shitters.

>I know the answer
You don't hence why you can't even prove it.

Go on. Tell us, user.

I mean he's got a point, sometimes people ARE just nice decent people without having to have a major ordeal as to why they decide to be nice and help others. Doesn't make for the most dramatic writing though.

Everything, dipshit. He's a moron who was left on his own for the first 12 years of his life, he says obnoxious things as a kid because he doesn't know better and he barely socialized on any normal level due to constant rejection from the villagers on top of already being fucking dumb, put that obnoxious exterior aside and you have a well-meaning, extremely loving and empathetic character who cares extremely deeply about his bonds and about people in general to the extent of forgiving people like Nagato and Obito despite how much pain they've caused him.

So he's not nice

Number of times Deku has cried for his enemies: 0

Number of times Tanjiro has cried for his enemies: Every fucking time

I'm pretty fond of Ippo, myself.

Attached: 1513456859555.jpg (800x1147, 124K)

I'm actually hating on MHA and think that Deku is horrible. But screeching "what is his reason for being nice??" is beyond retarded

Not even same guy but holy fucking shit we're reaching levels of brainlet that shouldn't even be possible

>comparing Tanjirou to Deku
Tanjirou is a confident and responsible eldest son, he's not like Deku.

Attached: ECaywmDU4AE_9R2.jpg (1046x953, 126K)

>still at it
Holy fuck you're so retarded it's actually pretty funny.

Attached: smuggiorno.jpg (1280x721, 90K)

How different would Deku actually be if he had siblings? Older or younger ones?

He would be forced to onii-chan the fuck up. Don't raise your kid a mama's boy.

Older sibling it depends on how they treat them.
An older sibling probably wouldn't sit idly by while Bakugo and pretty much his whole grade goes to town on him. However they also might not be supportive of his dream. So he'd probably still have low self esteem but wouldn't be as utterly down trodden as he was. If they were supportive then he'd have atleast an iota of self esteem to believe in his dream.
A younger sibling, Deku would probably give him a sense of responsibility, a little sibling that he'd feel an urge to protect regardless. It'd probably be awkward once they got a quirk and eventually became stronger than them in a sense but he'd still probably be very protective regardless. So I doubt he'd sit around feeling sorry for himself if he had someone he thought he couldn't fail.

GOD I hope he does.

Look, I know plot armor is a thing, but the job of the story tell is to make me believe the lie. once piece is so painfully wash rinse and repeat. New problem, solve problem, have party.

Whats it like fucking my ass raw?

loose and wet

Haha the spic doing damage control for MHA is still at it, I checked in after lunch and he was sperging out to every post in the big 3 thread. Now I'm about to go to bed and he's still at it, he never changes his half-wit rhetoric either.

Attached: mha esl.png (1363x1689, 243K)

>No I didn't
Are you a child?

Gary Stu

Stain didn't work because worldbuilding sucks and he just came off as total retard

You just don't understand, Stain was right, Ingenium was evil because... he inherited family business! That's no hero for ya
Stain is the most morally gray character shounens ever had, these pathetic Naruto and HxH could never compete, Stain is the antihero we deserve

All Might explained that he was literally going to transfer his quirk to Deku and be expected to carry on his ideals. He might not have understood the full scope of what he was getting into but he consented to the plan, spent a month getting /fit/, and took the power that he essentially got on a silver platter (through one month of physical exercise with a personal fitness trainer that worked for free). He didn't ask for all the stupidity that followed because he couldn't have predicted a league of villains would rise out of nowhere but he asked for the power and responsibilities and got it, kid just bit off more than he could chew

>before
after

You don't have to bother seeing future if you can change it by WISHING HARD ENOUGH

The point is being missed in this thread. Tanjirou manages to be a better character because the stakes in Kimetsu enable him to be. The repercussions for Deku being a retard are always 'next time' or in some vague point of the future, and the nature of Quirks means there can always be a solution around the corner. Repercussions for a failure in Kimetsu are immediate and permanent, major characters end up crippled or dead regularly, there is no asspull to save them at the end.
A character cannot grow if they cannot fail. Tanjirou is defined by his failures, by all the people he wasn't able to save, not by the battles he wins.

All of them are typical shounen you idiot. None of them are good MCs and none of their series are great.

Idk why you guys are arguing about Deku's personality when Bakugou is written 10x worse

I think I legit got stupider reading this.

I must be a pleb then since I never liked Vash. Sure the concept of his character is nice on paper, but his neverending pacifism was really annoying, especially in that kind of setting.

>SnK
>Any type of well-written character

You got it wrong. Tanjirou is the love interest.
Everyone's love interest.

>t. delusional fujo

It's platonic familial love.

Yes, if Tanjirou was born quirkless in MHA world he would've just lived a normal life.
Even if we brought over the circumstances, family slaughtered and sister turned into a monster, in a modern setting they'd be taken under custody or something along the line. He wouldn't just join the school for heroes. Maybe join a vigilante group?

Go back to your containment generals you're worse than hunterchads.

>Maybe join a vigilante group?
That's what the Demon Slayers are. A lot of people forget but carriyng swords in Taisho Japan is still highly illegal, the main cast almost gets arrested at the beginning of the train arc even. The Demon Slayers are an illegal militia operating outside the law.

>t. seething bokucucks

> magic sword
So you didnt read the series.

based snkchad

Attached: 1562237004591.png (820x895, 758K)

>a-am I part of your sikrit club now guys.

>newfag thinks Yea Forums only has 1 spic
Half of the board is made up of spics now.

Attached: 1566816878570.jpg (575x576, 126K)

Bakugo is not the MC

Yes, I believe he can.

Attached: a1eddd90cc5172ad60c8d398662730ff85fa2823_hq.jpg (640x480, 30K)

Vash is interesting but his ideal is still stupid and doesn't work in the end in both manga and anime. I couldn't really empathize with him.

>shounen or harem protag
>his main personality trait is being selfless and humble
I hate this trope unless it's properly motivated and explained like Shirou.

you're actually wrong

>scenes bnhafags will never understand

Attached: Kinotsu no Yaibased.png (1366x768, 1.13M)

I don't even read bnha

Tanjiro is a pretty good MC.

>liking worst character

I didn't say Inosuke

Only fujoshits like Zenitsu

Attached: retard.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Kek reminds me of this

But seriously I feel sorry for BnHA cucks that have to endure a pathetic piece of shit MC that Deku is

Attached: 1538787142754.jpg (1124x523, 132K)

>incels still seething about Zenitsu

>compared to typical shonen guys like Naruto and Asta

being a nice shonen protagonist is kinda typical, and deku and tanjirou aren't exactly any revolutionary, new shonen protagonists make them out to be, they're just a different type of underdog protagonist that's been done countless times in the past as shown in characters like gon, naruto and asta. two of the names I just used, you've said to be 'typical.

Tanjiro's more mature than the other typical MC's cause he's the oldest sibling and he has to work and take care of his family at a young age after his father's death.

If you were a bit more objective, you'd admit Eren is a well-written character.

Attached: 1567993526813.jpg (564x564, 40K)

the other half is SEA chads

>still being stuck in 2013

Everyone seems to hate Deku but I don't mind him, he's just a hard working kid who throws the gloves off when he needs to

OP said that not because of underdog type, but because they "don't shout and are not dumb"
Which is bullshit, because shounens are filled with this type of characters(and beta ones too), especially nowdays. In fact, I would say this type is starting to take over and become the new "typical"

>Not exactly, no.

But it's absolutely a common practice, it happens worldwide.

8 year old boys don't want to read things with a girly name on them, so female authors writing for a young male audience will fudge their name so it looks neutral/masculine.

Why do spics just tell us to read the manga instead of trying to prove us wrong?

Hell, that's literally what Rowling did with Harry Potter
Why are boys so sensitive and with such a fragile ego? Girls literally never have a problem with this whatsoever

I don't know if boys really care about this or if the ojisan editors think that they care.

It was in the past but not that common now worldwide. Well maybe except Japan but it's more about privacy reason.

>there's still something off about him compared to typical shonen guys like Naruto and Asta
yeah well, that's called edgyness and it's a best thing mc can lack. Tanjiro is a wise fully grown adult in a body of a kid. I'm pretty sure childish asta and shitruto nowhere near socially progressive as him

Attached: 1529921090889.png (329x374, 299K)

this translation suck ass

t. vizshill

>SEA
>chads

Attached: 1566785747853.jpg (1165x1155, 260K)