Which version of this is the best, the anime, manga, or LN?

Which version of this is the best, the anime, manga, or LN?

Attached: NHK.jpg (3000x1688, 992K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3B1PNjE04y0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go through all of them. Guaranteed you'll want to kill yourself by the end.

>nice dubs
The manga is pretty good so is the anime. Both good as each other.
You could also think about you or another person who may be a crazed NEET, this show may hit too close to home.

If you survive it without putting a bullet through your brain, then maybe you have some business living.

Novel afterwords > anime > novel > picture books are for losers
This is the certified correct ranking.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Amazing Stranger - 07 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_06.11_[2019.05.19_01.18.06].jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

Anime I think is best. Granted haven't read the LN but from what I'm told minus the drugs, and darker tones it's about the same minus some parts cause they copied a little from the manga for more time. The manga is darker, different and Misaki is completely different personality wise. Anime leaves you feeling decent and shares LN ending. Manga is darker but the melancholy feels wear off a bit with it's ending(their close but different stuff takes place)

You the dude that's made NHK post last few days? Thank you I just finished it and thought it was too old to discuss

We all have some business living, whether we want to or not. Yamazaki put it best

Attached: 12409814290.png (720x1915, 1.07M)

The live action adaptation is actually pretty interesting.

The LN is the goldilocks zone. The manga is too grimderp. The anime is too genki.
The LN is just right.

Real life isn't full of that many suicide pacts in a year

Goldilocks? Grimderp? Genki? Am I too much of a new fag to get those

No idea about the the LN, but in the manga the MC is slightly more fucked up if I remember correctly. Doing cocaine, looking at CP.

Attached: nhk_v01c001p016.png (800x1185, 191K)

anime
youtube.com/watch?v=3B1PNjE04y0
and like this user says, the manga adds unnecessary stuff for the sake of being edgy

It's heavily implied he views CP in the anime as well. The drugs were simply omitted from the anime, as they were also involved heavily in the novel (the ultimate drug comes to mind). The anime has a fantastic soundtrack and memorable voiceover lines about life, but the novel is much more terrifyingly lonely.

I need to read the novel but from what I heard, the novel and anime are the same except with a few added things from the manga and they have the same ending but the way Misaki trys to off her self is different. Is that right? Or any other differences? Like her back story real in LN?

Personally I think the LN is still the best version and hit me the hardest on how much I relate.

It's not coke, in the novel it says he buys prescription drugs, then crushes them up and snorts them. He doesn't say the name of these drugs probably to not make it obvious the author does them, with the exception of MDMA which Satou does in one scene and the trip he has is described accurately for what MDMA does (said drug wasn't illegal in Japan at the time).

The novel came first.

Yeah but the novel and anime are close right?

The novel feels, for a lack of a better term, more genuine. I don't want to sound all sappy and say it reads like someone's cry for help, but you definitely get much more of the feeling that someone was pouring their heart out when reading it.

Misaki's backstory is her mother killed herself, her family kinda blames her and because they're a christian family they bring her around to try and "save" people, and her only goal is to find someone more worthless than she is so she can feel better about herself.

Things like the pyramid scheme never happen in the book. It's much more personal and focuses more on how crushingly lonely Satou is.

I sometimes wonder if that would've been the better option, because reading it just made me think "is this how shitty and pathetic I really am?"

Eva unironically summed up the 'don't kill yourself' message best

Attached: eva happiness.jpg (960x1620, 233K)

The series means a lot to me and as much as I know it was telling me I'm a piece of shit I honestly just didn't feel as awful as many people say NHK does.
Am I just dead inside or some shit?

I think I read it at just the right time in my life because I was the same age as Satou when I first got the LN.

This show unironically made me persue a normalfag life. A year of awkward attempts at socializing and cringe self reflection ultimately paid off over a life time of lonely autistic misery

So it's mostly the same with added stuff from the manga then? Did Misaki try to jump off a cliff also at the end? Thanks btw I'm trying to find a cheap copy to buy. Be my first LN

>So it's mostly the same with added stuff from the manga then?
If you mean the anime then yes.
>Did Misaki try to jump off a cliff also at the end?
Yes but Satou jumps to try and stop her from jumping, not knowing that anti-suicide nets were put into th cliff. Unfortunately he did a bad jump and hurt himself hitting the net.
>Thanks btw I'm trying to find a cheap copy to buy. Be my first LN
I just got mine off Amazon. Yeah it was 30 bucks but considering how few english copies still exist I say you take what you can get.

You must self-examine internally. Contemplate why you are such a loathsome waste of sperm and an egg. You shit. Why the fuck aren't you doing more? Why are you imprisoned here? In your mind? Why is Yamazaki so right? Why can't you get a girl like Misaki or Hitomi?

Your life is a shitpile, user. From this day forward, it's time to make changes for the better.

>Why can't you get a girl like Misaki or Hitomi?
Both of those girls manipulated Satou and brought him down to their level to make themselves feel better. Hitomi fucking Satou and then disappearing from his life is part of why he has such a fucked up view of relationships to begin with.

So the jumps the same in the LN? I really felt for her in the anime. I don't understand what made him change her in the manga.

What I meant was the manga followed the LN and added stuff like the MMO game, the pact, and something else but swapped halfway through to do there own thing. The anime just finished out with the LN ending. Sorry if I sounded confusing

Forgot to say thanks for info

I want a senpai of my own.

Hey I am working on it, I'm just not there yet.

Just got one off Amazon. Didn't know they had English there thanks user!

That's the spirit. You two can attain the good things if you just let a couple of whackjob whores fuck over your lives. It's just one step away. Get up, out, and find her. She's somewhere out there waiting for you. She'll be happy to spread her legs and let you inseminate her.

I'm pretty sure knocking up a crazy girl is one of the signs of the coming of the antichrist

It happens every day. Some fuckwit guy goes downtown to see his bitch and breaks a rubber. Doesn't even know it and just keeps thrusting involuntarily, dumping his sticky white stuff in his bitch's wet pussy. She barely feels it, but that gooey warmth is there. She goes for the bathroom and pushes it out. Douches her slimepit, praying to fucking God that she doesn't get preggers. Sadly, she does, and now her and her man are going to be enslaved by a screaming, shitting baby. They should have done anal instead.

I originally got around to it when I was a few years younger than him.
Now I am about 2 steps away from becoming Satou.

>Am I too much of a new fag to get those
That plus too young and inexperienced.
Goldilocks is a reference to the story of the three bears' home, and means "just right".
Grimderp is a derogatory of grimdark, a tone of fiction.
Genki is a japanese adjective which means positive, energetic attitude.

Not lurk more:
live more

Thanks for enlightening me user. I knew of the shit like that just not those fucking terms lol

The light novel reads like something a random /r9k/ poster would write and it's actually the darkest of the three. It's filled with suicide imagery, misery, and generally relatable shit if you're also a socially isolated person.

Oh man, didn't expect to see the correct answer in this thread.

Best to catch that while you can.

Highlight differences between the LN and anime?

Everyone is a drug addicted pedophile and nobody goes outside.

honestly at this point I've given up and accepted that it's a symptom of my personality, at this point I'll just ride it out and see what happens.

Tone. It kinda feels like a call for help like said, listening to Satou's thoughts makes all the difference.

LN>anime>manga
I really don't like the manga version

It's ok and I like how they end together for sure. But Misaki is a little too nutty for.me in it

>NHK thread becomes blogpost
everytime

LN>anime/manga

LN is the core work that others are based on. It has very few scenes that the anime does not have and has little more explicit presentation, but overall it's very similar thing to the anime. If you like relying on your imagination, then this is for you.

Anime has great things like the OST and seiyuu, but on the other hand it suffers from Gonzo's QUALITY animation and censoring (nothing major unless you're an edgy teenager). It has more content with original story arcs that makes it feel more like a mainstream anime, but the core stuff is still there.

Manga is resembles the LN and anime at first (explicity being closer to LN thanks to running in a seinen magazine and not being restricted by actual TV regulation), but it eventually branches to its own unique timeline. Compared to the other two it's also much more episodic; things just happen with no rhyme or reason one after another which makes it the weakest of the three storywise.

Over the years I have read the manga, watched the anime, read the LN, rewatched few clips of anime and most recently read the manga again, and personally I prefer the anime. The only thing in the LN that I wish was in anime was the funny church infiltration scene, but even that wasn't anything important (equally or more pointless than the anime original arcs).

doesnt the anime only skip out on satou snorting cocaine

Explain church? Thought the anime almost went hand and hand with manga until half way? Thanks for the explanation I just bought the LN only one I haven't read.
That's pills I think

>Conflict resolves itself once Satou runs out of money and actually needs to work, forcing him to reintegrate into society
Man, cancelling neetbux would shut down /r9k/ in a month

That's the core of what the anime was trying to say, I think. For people like Satou there's no will to power that's going to make them turn their shit around. It was all due to circumstance that necessitated their change. Same story with the MMO addict. The MMO addict seemed to live a more meaningful life after the act, but as for Satou, I'm not sure. Seems like he's just going to suffer through his wageslave days in a melancholic way. I don't think the conflict really ends for him at all, just the story does.

I don't remember it that well since it's been years since I read it, but basically Satou and Yamazaki find out that Misaki is doing something in the church building and want to find out what she's up to so they go there in "disguise" (complete with helium gas to change their voices).

Holy shit lol. I can't wait to read that. Thanks user. That would've been fun to see in the anime. So you think Misaki and sato end up together in LN/anime ending?