Man Arrested for Selling Nude Love Live! Sunshine!! Dakimakura Cover

>Man Arrested for Selling Nude Love Live! Sunshine!! Dakimakura Cover

A 50-year-old man was arrested by Ibaraki prefectural police on Thursday for allegedly violating copyright law by selling a nude dakimakura (hug pillow) cover featuring a Love Live! Sunshine!! anime character. The suspect is an office worker from Ichikawa city in Chiba prefecture.
The suspect has denied the charges.

The charges stem from the sale of one dakimakura cover on May 2. Police believe the man has sold more items over the last three years for a total of three million yen (US$27,750). Police believe the suspect purchased the Love Live! Sunshine!! pillow case cover from someone else and then resold it.

I wonder which character was. Love Live! Sunshine!! is said in the japanese original source, ann fags only said Love Live!
>news.livedoor.com/article/detail/17072200/

Attached: WTF_Ruby.jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

Good, he broke the law. He has to pay.

Attached: resize_image.php.jpg (800x1122, 703K)

So how is selling doujins ok but this?

possibly didn't say it was a parody or used the trademark

Doujins, by name, are fanworks. Often have a credits page saying "all rights to these characters go to x company, this is just me trying to make an enjoyable story/fapwork with them."
Physical memorabilia like dakimakura and figures are a different situation.

beats me maybe it has something to do with dakimakura covers being allowed to be uncensored.

they don't sell it?
they get donations.
remember to report entitled retards who directly sell fanart

Considering Japan's blatant disregard for other people's copyrights I think this is funny as hell.

But there are many doujin figures, dakimakura, etc. Every comiket has hundreds of different doujin merchandise. I bet he did a bunch of other shit as well, and this was just a nice excuse to get at the guy.

I think the problem was that the dakimakura had a nude version of the character.

>There are no pictures of the daki itt
What a shame.

There are non, the web used this on the website news

Attached: untitled.png (409x581, 240K)

>Police believe the suspect purchased the Love Live! Sunshine!! pillow case cover from someone else and then resold it.
Shouldn't this be allowed under first-sale doctrine, ie. a company can't control how you sell used goods? Or does Japan not have this?

So it's fine to have the VA be in AV. Makes one think.

You will perish Orctaku. You are not allowed to set standards about what a woman should do with her body. My own wife could appear in an adult movie, for I wouldn't care.
Her or not, I stand with her, as her knight, my sword red from your blood, scum.

First-sale doctrine doesn't apply to things that were made in violation of a copyright or trademark. The item itself is contraband, you can legally neither buy, sell, or own it any more than you could heroin.

That's hilariously fucked up. So if you buy something on accident you're automatically to blame and not the store or distributor, and if you sell it again you're dealer? Do they also do around suing auto-shops if there's more than 10 people listening to a radio like the RIAA?

I see people selling fanmade dakimakura covers at comiket all the time, what the fuck?

Don't they buy doujins in Comiket? For like 500 yen and up a piece?

Like clockwork.

Attached: 1568328137277.jpg (1535x846, 111K)

You fags are glossing over
>Police believe the suspect purchased the Love Live! Sunshine!! pillow case cover from someone else and then resold it.
Which is where the copyright claim is coming from, so rather than coming from the company itself it sounds like it's coming from the person who originally made the daki. Resellers are a blight so I don't disapprove of this action

Will he pay the court a fine or serve his sentence?

So? You can't sell your own products second hand? I just sold a playstation 4 to someone, but I didn't need any approval.

Remember that time someone was arrested for selling modified LL figures?

Attached: F562CEFA-B8E3-4893-9C2D-ADB0423FA4EE.jpg (2048x1152, 414K)

who the hell are you? I don't like your attitude.

Attached: 1541318206352.png (313x260, 45K)

It was definitely a Dia daki, she's the biggest slut

Attached: 7.jpg (720x1200, 554K)

You talk like american are any better

Yes. He has no clue what he's talking about. There are also plenty of sites and physical stores you can go to to buy doujinshi as well.

What the fuck

Holy fucking shitflinging thread. You could at least post one that made Americans look bad instead of a hilarious mess of insults and bad blood.

Because items ( comic doujinshi, figures,dakimakura pillow etc) sold in japanese comiket events are enumerated by the comiket seller guy sent to comiket committee for archive purposes. All fan works sold at comikets are okay with japanese copyright. All fan works sold at comiket but sold by the original buyer as second hand thru whatever method shit is still okay. Because the fan work was released at an event.

Comikets and all other events also get a small percentage on sales. The 50 year old daki cover seller cut the comiket middleman, and sold his fan works. That's why japanese copyright police went American level apeshit

Yes, I'm wrong, I was just asking making a guess about how these artists make revenue.
I don't see how you are infringing copyright by selling fanart in pillow covers unless you are stealing the credits claiming it's your character.
Probably he will not get charged.
Or maybe it was the scale of the sales, personal transactions are allowed, but commercial ones not.
That's why pachikon or betting machines are not allowed, but there is people who exchange the prizes of the machines for money at their houses with a small announcement.
>There are also plenty of sites and physical stores you can go to to buy doujinshi as well.
as long as they are properly licensed, they can. But new doujins are usually only sold at comiket personally

You reap what you sow.

Haha, I see this is you’re first encounter with the self-proclaimed “crusader king” of Yea Forums. Basically if you mention that certain seiyuu have been involved in the sex industry or promiscuity he’ll come rushing in to post his lengthy tirades.