These two are the biggest problems of the manga

these two are the biggest problems of the manga

Attached: images.jpg (737x416, 32K)

Wherre's Bakucuck?

OP is a faggot

No, you.

Shiggy's arc has been the only decent arc in the last 2 or so years of that shitty fucking series.

>Make the manga with the central theme:"what is a hero"
>The MC is already heroic, and Hirokoshi makes him never have an ideological challenge
> Shigaraki his unable of challeging the main theme of history, making him useless as a main antagonist

The biggest problem is the battle school conceit.

>Shigaraki his unable of challeging the main theme of history, making him useless as a main antagonist
Yeah, but for the record, so was AfO. Endeavor, Stain, or even Bakugou would've made better antagonists towards that end. A pure evil character just never works in that context.
That is of course assuming that the theme really is "What is a hero" and not just mindless entertainment. I suspect it's the latter.

You're implying dustboy won't be redeemed so they can fight the true evil.

You don't really redeem a guy who said 'Man I fucking LOVED turning my 5 year old sister into dust' without it coming off as retarded.

Not happening. Also why I think developing pure evil characters is a bad idea. It's not interesting if a character is basically born evil to see their craziness unless it's a mature story which can actually show the depth of their absolute depravity with a risk of the mains getting hurt or suffering damage. BNHA still stays mostly lighthearted and doesn't have real stakes, so no matter how evil the villains, it's hard to fear any long lasting consequences will happen for characters we actually care about.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is: BNHA would benefit from a antagonist that challenges ideals rather than a physically threatening villain.

He's Nana's grandson, if he doesn't get redeemed then I will eat a hat.

What if explosion is killed/turned quirkless?

Ya'll niggas are way too optimistic.
They've built him up just so Deku can friendship the fuck out of him.

Depends
Frieza is a pure evil character, in a generic shounen, and he works really well. Because is a excellent contrast to Goku.
Shigaraki is bad, because is don't mean anything to the history, or other characters in a thematic sense.

There's gonna be some grand reveal about the nature of her death or some bullshit.

Frieza is also the villain of one arc, not an entire comic.

Doesn’t means it won’t happen, see Obito.

Or they'll pull the he was raised by AFO and so he didn't have a chance card to redeem him.

But Naruto has a history of redeeming sociopaths, mha never done this before

Did it really? Nagato, Obito and Sasuke were the big three and they all happened pretty late.

And I definitely wouldn’t include Zabuza, he just wanted to fuck his boypussy.

I thought Shiggy's last arc was fun and all but was anyone else really disappointed by his backstory? 'My dad was vaguely mean to me that means everything should be destroyed.'

Obito was never evil , you fucking retard.
Both him and Nagato were simply trying to save the world in their own way, they believed that even if they killed people it wouldnt matter since afterwards they could simply resurrect everyone in the illusion world.

The problem is Hori pushing them along with this faggot: Both would be fine in smaller doses, but Hori is continuously going "Do you like him yet? No? How about I make an entire arc to jerk them off by having more likeable characters job? Will you like them more then? How about I make them uberpoweful? Will you like them if they are strong enough to destroy city blocks?"

Bakugo should have had his character growth moment already. The pig guy in Kimetsu no Yaiba is more or less the same archetype and he grows up on his second arc. Hori seems to have thought that saving Bakugo's growth for the manga's final arcs is a good idea. Hopegully he has changed his mind and does this arc.

Nagato’s plans weren’t the illusion world but just using the tailed beasts as atomic bombs equivalents for dissuasion.

One big problem of Nagato’s illusion world is that the dead will only appear in the mind of people still alive, if you got killed by him you’re not gonna actually resurrect.

Attached: D633B655-F33D-470C-8F68-D2E325B734C4.jpg (773x509, 121K)

>He was brainwashed with false memories, daddy loved gramma Nana very much and his soster's death broke his heart.
>He takes off the hands and dusts them and gets a cool new outfit.
>Calls himself something like Dustman because GUYS MEGA MAN.
>Conveniently gets power up/down where he has to choose what to erase so he can be a hero.

>Obito was never evil
That's a retcon and you know it.

What was the point of the thing with the problem kids? Fucker didn’t change at all.

DBZ has never, and I mean never, been a story not focused on fights and fight alone with comedy thrown in. Original was comedy with fights thrown in. BNHA tries to be serious with characters getting arms ripped off, mutants made of unwilling subjects whose brains are showing, a hero who lost his internal organs, guys that can turn people into blood smears or disintegrate whole swaths of innocents etc., and there is no revive option this time.
Despite all this, it's really hard to feel like the main characters will actually suffer any of these fates from the supposedly highly dangerous villains.

Fuck him.

Attached: BED1E17C-61C3-4D08-8028-F1AA2A84B7E8.jpg (728x774, 120K)

Gaara was redeemed early on.

And Ninja War+Kaguya is like 300 chapters long. So Nagato was arguably halfway through the series.

Gaara's biggest sin was killing a few people.
Please remember he's a *fucking ninja.*

Still pretty far away for Nagato, we don’t know how long MHA will be to compare when it happens.
Either way, Shiggy is definitely subject from possibly being forgiven Obito tier. As in he helps in the end but dies anyway so that he can be called the coolest guy because he also wanted to be a hero.

Early Naruto was dark as hell. Didn’t Kiba trap some ninja team (underaged) with human killers leeches at the exam?

Obito's fall is more understandable than Shiggy's by a wide margin. He witnessed his best friend killing the girl he loved, he went through a test that killed him emotionally after it sank in what he had become and what he had done and was convinced by the all accounts should be dead living legend that was Madara Uchiha that the only way to save the world was to use the Infinite Tsukoyomi. Plus his ideals were more of a counter to Naruto's who was just sunshine and rainbows about the world even after Pain and even during a WAR.
Shiggy on the other hand. 'Waaaahhh I got beat by my 1 dimensional self centered bad father...MAN I LOVED KILLING MY FAMILY!'
I know I sound like I'm oversimplifying it, but that's because Hori made Shiggy's motives for being a 'I want to see the world burn' being 'I got hit as a kid' and it IS way too simple

I see that user's point. Naruto was always redeeming bad guys as early as Zabuza, Neji, and Gaara. At the time, those were seriously bad guys. It just escalated.
Deku doesn't really "redeem" anyone except Bakugo who the story assures us isn't evil.
BNHA lacks any grey morality a lot of times. Villains are kind of just full evil/crazy, because of tragedy in their life or because they're just crazy like Shigiraki&Toga.

This begins to happen after Itachi backstory retcon

Shiggy's backstory would make more sense for Overhaul.

Neji is not a bad guy, the guy is literally a slave.

>Hero MC is the chosen one
>Villain antagonist has success just fall into his lap after countless failures
>everyone expects these two fags to clash as a climactic moment in the future so everything between now and then is just prep work
Waiting Simulator 2019

Attached: 1568346684666.jpg (1024x512, 57K)

Yeah, but at the time he was...ok yeah you're right he was just a dick and not evil. The story still showed his viewpoint as being a serious challenge to Naruto.
Deku has no challenges to his view of a true hero. Nothing in the story even vaguely points to him being wrong. None of the antagonists are credible. So there's nothing to redeem.

Overhaul was a surprisingly interesting villain. Still pure evil, but at least he had interesting plans.

The discount Accelerator from spinoff is a much better main character than Deku

>reading bad fanfiction
That's your prerogative
>pushing bad fanfiction
It's time to stop

Saying that any manga is bad in context of boku no hero is an extremely unfunny joke, user.

The theme is legacy.

>He's Nana's grandson
>Theme is legacy
Oh god, now I fear Shigiraki will be redeemed.

>Hero MC is the chosen one
He was chosen, but that doesn't make him the chosen one. Pretty much a impulsive decision by all might.
>Villain antagonist has success just fall into his lap after countless failures
>implying he didn't do anything before hand to make redestro bend to him and/or that failure helps you succeed

Attached: HaHaHaHaHa.png (631x229, 127K)

So he's the one chosen, not the chosen one.

>literally killed his entire family and only two we're true accidents.
>Killed people that pissed him off since childhood on
>Tried /threatened too kill kids on multiple occasions.
>killed a police officer
>killed a whole bunch of MLA people
>nuked a city.
>Only desire is too destroy current society and have him and the league (that new name is dumb as fuck) reshape it too their own will.
Considering the difference in scale how violence and threats are dealt in mha to naruto, this doesn't seem redeemable

pic related

Attached: smart.jpg (660x371, 24K)

>Considering the difference in scale how violence and threats are dealt in mha to naruto, this doesn't seem redeemable
Yeah, but they still haven't actually killed a villain in MHA. So there's that.

Obito starting litterally a world war is still the top thing a criminal can do in Naruto.

>Hirokoshi makes him never have an ideological challenge
Stain was just the thing but nobody learned anything from that experience except Iida, who is now irrelevant.

magne

>Yeah, but they still haven't actually killed a villain in MHA.
Fatgum said that hero's only have one option: capture the villain alive with no casualties. Their job is to help the police arrest villains, not kill them. Being mindfull of their surroundings and the potenial civillians also limits them. AfO spells it out himself. Stain is still a radical, AfO is gonna get out some time in the near future, Overhaul is just no longer a threat and the league is a bunch of misfits who have nowhere else to go cause of their own reasons, even if their somehow absolved of their misdeeds. Doubt they'll ever take a helping hand

Attached: 238 page 4-5.png (1799x1300, 959K)

>be Shiggy
>pull super disintegration quirk out of your ass
>boomer opponent is so moved that he surrenders his entire livelihood to you
It's still retarded

I think he meant that the hero's never killed a villain. Overhaul blasted magne, he's arguably an even bigger cunt that AfO just not as funny.

>pull super disintegration quirk out of your ass
implying he never had it
>boomer opponent is so moved that he surrenders his entire livelihood to you
>not seeing the kino in this.
>this shit taste

Attached: HAHAHA.png (390x551, 208K)

Aren’t real life serial killers like that though?

Yeah, that's what I meant.
>Fatgum said that hero's only have one option: capture the villain alive with no casualties.
This unfortunately means I can see Shigiraki being redeemed against a bigger villain, but still going to jail and eventually reforming. It'd be a copout, but it's now actually plausible to me.

I mean Deku knows what is a hero. All Might was alive in his time and trained him.

I'd say the theme is more along the lines of lineage. And growing to meet expectations. How will Deku become the next greatest hero? How will any of them?

How will Dustboy come into the role left for him? It's about the journey.

He doesn't need redemption. Although i can understand why you feel that way considering his past, and him being a foil to deku

>Bigger villain
>AfO: mentor
>Literal hero killer: imprisoned and they hate each other
>Overhaul: got wrecked
>Redestro: wants to suck peepee
Unless hori introduces another, even more edgier nihilist then shiggy, more OP then AfO and/or Overhaul and/or with more resources than the MLA, that's not gonna happen.

forgot to mention
>more fanatic then stain

>He doesn't need redemption.
this

Thank you for giving me hope, but I feel this thought won't go away for awhile.

I actually like mha and I often question hori's writing
>SEVEN!
but I do not believe he's so mentally deficient that he would give what nietzsche best described as the "active nihilist" a redemption arc.

The problem is deku character doesn't develops, is exactly the same in the beginning of mha, util now. The only herentige is received of almighty, is one for all, because personality wise he don't change.

>Has become more courageous, confident and determined.
>Has learned to stop thinking of becoming more like the next All Might and making his newfound gift more like him.

nah he aint change at all sure.

Huh?

>Villain with no morals has the main character at his mercy
>doesn't kill him

This manga is stupid.

The entire trope of supervillians is to force the superhero to crack and validate their twisted ideologies.

Attached: living in yo head.png (1798x1498, 220K)

if Deku was a girl, I think everything would be 100x better.

Glad to see you could make it.

don't mess with my boy OP

Attached: BASED.jpg (848x1296, 372K)

When done correctly this can be one of the best tropes.

The thing ia that the narrative pushes that the greatest hero maintains social order by "inspiring" everyone. Deku managing to "inspire" Shiggy is one of the biggest accomplishments he could have. And considering Shiggy has parallels with Deku, including the fact he wanted to be a hero as a kid, I would say that Deku managing to Talk no Jutsu Shiggy is rather foreshadowed

Shiggy doesn't have an ideology, though.

>More courageous
Nope, is already in the beginning, he jump in a powerful guy to save bakugou, without quirk.
>More confident
Maybe
>Determined
Is already determined in the beginning
>Has learned to stop thinking of becoming more like the next All Might and making his newfound gift more like him.
A more evolution of his usage of the power, tha personality wise

Bakugou is as bad as Shiggy.

When he was introduced he was a psychopathic cunt and after 200 chapters he still is a pure psychopath with the only exception being that the characters and story changed to accept him. Hori knows he struck gold with fujos and doesn't want to upset them by giving Bakugou real character growth and real consequences for his actions.
Instead, the rest of the characters and the story where forced to accept him. Deku constantly fellates him despite being beaten and bullied as a kid by him to the point where he tried getting him to commit suicide. Hero characters such as Aizawa make excuses for him saying about how he's such a great guy when everything points to the opposite. His temperament would be enough to get him kicked out of hero school, remember Aizawa supposedly expelled an entire class yet Bakugou who fails in being a hero and even tried beating Deku in the first competition gets a free pass.
The only real consequence Bakugou experienced was failing the hero license test but that failing was purely a setback with no real consequences. In fact, it now lead to Bakugou getting an internship with the #1 hero.

For no reason whatsoever he is told about All Might's secret and forced into the spotlight just to please the fujos. The issue wasn't his retard like behavior the issue was that Deku, his battered wife, hid a secret from him. That doesn't make any sense yet Hori tries to make it seem like Baku was wronged. The most insulting part of it all is that despite his temperament and failure to grow as a character Hori has All Might fellate the guy further forcing him on the reader.
Not once has he ever suffered consequences for his behavior and instead Hori just forces him on the audience as if he thinks that if he does it enough times the reader will basically like him.
Bakugou is just one of the multitude of issues the manga suffers from. The manga was destined to fail from the very beginning and it's been a trainwreck ever since.

What are you talking about OP,
He's Crunchy Roles Number one Villain of 2016!
And that was just the season one version when all he personally did was hurt somebody's elbow and complain a lot.

I think the biggest problem is that we know there are almost no stakes left.
We know that deku is going to become the greatest hero already, he stated that in episode one. What is there left?

>more edgier villians
No please.

>more edgier villians
See, this is the problem right here. You don't see this dark shit as villainous, just edgy. The writing lacks any sense of danger so the best villains achieve when abusing, mutilating, and killing people, is edgy. It's something that hurts the plot more than any amount of exam arcs could.

Right? Like Eri apparently suffered a lot in Overhaul's hand. And yet she's all happy and shit with no emotional or psychological problems.

There was also that time Ino was considering leaving Team seven to die fighting off three sound ninjas just to thin the herd

I wouldn't consider Nagato to be redeemed, maybe in the eyes of the audience but does anyone know that it was Nagato that revived the dead he killed? or did Naruto leave that out?
he's probably still seen as a Monster who killed many before Naruto stopped him
Unlesss Boruto retcon this and Naruto made Nagato some unsung hero

>hey let's make Shiggy's repressed memories the catalyst for an extremely hamfisted power boost
>who cares if it was never mentioned as a problem before in any regard

I could forgive his painfully generic backstory if actually had a character beyond being a tool for a dilapidated villain boss but he flat-out said all he wanted to do was destroy everything. He's evil just because and he's going to have no greater impact beyond hurting a bunch of Deku's friends so he plus ultras and beats his ass in the end.

Pic related, it's my opinion on him to a T.

Attached: Shigaraki 2019.png (602x550, 518K)