What are your honest opinions on Madoka Magica?

What are your honest opinions on Madoka Magica?

Attached: 6cde63149a0079aae1979e5952927483.jpg (1254x1771, 876K)

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1481496/724a1450fd/
desuarchive.org/a/search/image/CqJuPYAaWOyklmqgc5-zFg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Emotional, very dark and well written conceptually. Art direction was stellar and the music was amazing. I didn't really connect with many of the characters but the show is not a character piece so that's fine.

I want to bust a big nut in Sakura.

Baby's first magical girl

They should have never tried to improve it.

*sad face*

Attached: 2019_08_12_23.41.33-36.jpg (1491x2849, 1.02M)

The manga adaptation was really weird.

Attached: PSX_20190224_094721.jpg (1128x992, 340K)

Typical Urobutcher schlock

I want to bust a big nut in Sayaka

Now try again without buzzwords and memes.

Which hole?

It deserves the title of AOTD only because the other great titles in these 9 years have been adaptations of something

Also it was peak autism on Yea Forums. Speculah threads and Madoka Thursdays really made for an unforgettable experience

Attached: Madoka_Speculah.jpg (424x404, 136K)

Attached: 1568401222456.jpg (1254x1771, 345K)

>Speculah threads and Madoka Thursdays really made for an unforgettable experience
The sora no woto inspired autism happened to find a show that was great for taking apart but actually did something with the hints instead of vague iyashikei bullshit.

Attached: 1546409125575.jpg (398x348, 20K)

Kyouko, no!

Attached: brx1U6QdkWDHvNd2yZSTL6RO-49.jpg (519x519, 55K)

What’s about to happen to that tiny madoka?

Mahou shoujo for anons that don’t really like mahou shoujo, which are the majority of posters.

What do you think?

Attached: EETx_DzUUAIPURk.jpg (1294x2048, 266K)

hardcore futanari sex wearing nothing but a collar and bondage straps

Abutomato is canon.

Attached: D_7I_hyU0AAmzOR.jpg:orig.jpg (1003x1416, 125K)

i found it to be the perfect anime in my opinion, it just has everything i love and i hope for it to become an ever bigger franchise and to explore older megukas like j'anne du arc and Cleopatra, it has so much potential.

Attached: EEVhP7QU0AApcAT.jpg:orig.jpg (985x1170, 132K)

Artist makes some great anal pics.

Saya no Uta is better

Didn’t like it at first and then I watched it one day and it’s my favorite series now. I was turned off by the show because I figured it would be a moe magical idol anime.

Attached: 1542059724583.jpg (708x1000, 135K)

That's most dark mahou shoujo in general.
Those people are the ones that storm mahou shoujo threads, whine about how the genre is dead and get confused when you mention Precure.

CHEESE

Attached: 1564329499756.jpg (800x800, 281K)

Baby making one and never take responsibility

Do you think everyone gets a day or two to take care of her?

Attached: 1546158516908.jpg (660x571, 88K)

Poor Little White Witch

>Does everyone gets a day or two to ravage and abuse Nagisa's fine, fine loli ass with their futa cocks?
Absolutely, Abutomato needs to ramp up pounding Nagisa's ass and pussy with no breaks

Stupidly overrated. But in my opinion it's still a masterpiece and definitely AOTD.

It really can't be both

Babby's first mahou shoujo. Except SO DEEP.

Madoka Magica had everything on its side to be a major success and one of the greatest anime ever made. It had Kajiura, one of the best Japanese composers on the soundtrack. The director was Shinbou, the most competent creative on an aesthetic level. They had a big budget, since it was produced by Shaft. But what failed? Of course, Gen fucking Urobutcher. Plot holes aside, the anime is poorly written. He tried fleshing out 5 characters in 12 episodes while keeping up with the death and the “Being a Magical Girl is hard! It’s not like Sailor Moon!” point is overstated to death. The problem with Madoka and what made Princess Tutu grandiose was that Tutu was an honest anime. They hinted some things even since episode one that the story was going to get really dark. It has also the double of episodes and properly fleshes out the characters before letting the action begin. This is were Madoka fails horribly. The tone shift on episode 3 had practically no foreshadowing and Mami’s character wasn’t explored enough for me to care. Since that point onwards, the show became a mess that kills the characters at the end of their ‘arc’ (2 or 3 episodes of a messy backdrop and their death scene). Now, I’m going to list things that would’ve made Madoka a better show.
>24 episodes
>10 episodes fleshing out the characters, their past and all that
>Exposing Madoka’s questioning and internal debate about if she should become a Magical Girl
>The witches aren’t mindless enemies
>The aesthetics are somewhat connected to the plot
>Develop Sayaka and Kyouko’s chemistry
>At least 3 episodes showing in detail Homura’s past and all of her relationship with Madoka
>Kyuubey has more personality besides being an angel
>The movie is remade completely
>No emotional manipulation by Urobutcher “hack” Gen on twitter
And that’s how the show could’ve been a masterpiece. They rushed it and I only remembered it for the production.

There are many people who genuinely believe it's flawless and will accept no criticism of it.

Based. Perfect explanation of why it sucks, honestly.

Got your fanbox card, Yea Forums?

Attached: dd525c45-64e4-4c67-bf1a-97bcb281d2b7.png (1280x800, 1.27M)

>Madokafags don't even know who directed their anime
Cringe.

I wish I had the balls to stroll around with this card in my wallet

I never understood the episode 3 meme.
The show was edgy from the very beginning.

And pretty clearly so. The change is the viewpoint characters realizing it, but Yea Forums has always been totally unable to understand straightforward developments in anime even at a basic level

Well, no ID, no party.

Attached: tZ1xefMM9BRI7ViJE1G3zdww.jpg (860x1214, 381K)

>What are your honest opinions on Madoka Magica?
Threads revolving around this topic should be B&'d till the new shitty gatcha series shows up to ruin MM even more and everyone can waifufag the shield girl.
Till then stop making these OP and KYS.

Attached: Schrodinger great book of faggots.png (640x1439, 1.13M)

Truth. If the opening dream of Homura fighting Walpurgis with Magia Quattro playing didn't immediately tell you what you were in for then you might be retarded.

I liked it, good art, good music and decent characters for what it set out to achieve. Although I'm not entirely sure I'm a fan of what they did with the third movie I still think it was overall good.

The only thing that hints that was the witch aesthetic. Mami was totally selling us the world of the magical girl as a very nice thing, because you can help people and all that. They are having fun, and going to catch witches and also present you Homura as a bad person that we shouldn’t believe. But suddenly on episode 3... ! GASP! BEING MEGUCA IS SUFFERING! That felt like absolute bullshit emotional manipulation. They didn’t present the possibility that that could’ve happened to a supposedly expert girl like Mami and thus, if they spoiled you the show, the shocking effect is lost and Mami’s death has actually no significancy to the spectator because her character is a one dimensional “mentor” figure that is only there to introduce us to the world. Let’s compare it with Princess Tutu again to see how Madokatards seethe: the conclusion of Princess Tutu is severely foreshadowed event by event, and getting there was just a logical conclusion. Whatever happened to Ahiru mattered to the audience because we got to know her character, her motivation and was ultimately well characterized. Even if you know the resolution to the show, the execution is simply masterful and getting there will make you feel something because you are worried about that girl. This is more than I can say about the 5 characters of Madoka Magica together, because their characterization and a deeper exploration are nonexistent.

Blessed.

I was spoiled on the entire plot of Madoka and I still enjoyed it immensely. Not saying your whole opinion is invalid, just that the shock factor wasn't super important in making the moment have impact.

thank god Madoka didn't have 10 filler episodes and instead went to the point.

MogichateKamanberu!

Attached: 1423553332.jpg (1920x1080, 276K)

That’s also because of Kajiura’s terrifying composition and the good cinematics, hence it’s not Urobuchi’s writing that is good; because if you look deeper and ignore the production values, how we got to that scene is absolutely skeletal in terms of foreshadowing and creating an emotional link between Mami and the audience. The visuals and music do not make the experience richer and better, they simply ARE what’s worth about the experience of watching Madoka Magica. Nevertheless, I value this a lot. Cinematically speaking, the show is a masterpiece and a visual tour de force, which balances Urobuchi’s terrible writing on an average of 5/10.

>Thank god Madoka didn’t flesh out any character and it was just a soulless gorefest with fancy visuals.

Urobuchi can't handle 2 cour. Madoka would be an even bigger mess if it had double the episodes.

Me below Kyouko.

exhentai.org/g/1481496/724a1450fd/

Attached: PSX_20190508_152507.jpg (333x333, 24K)

The point of meguka is watching normal charas fall in despair thanks to the world around them, you don't need entire exposition episodes for that, the show did well in explain us enough to understand why the characters act like that.

Is Mami a sexual predator?

Yes

It is not only the aesthetic. All the characters were either bland or shady as fuck and then there is stuff like Kyuubei being injured or Homura getting her ass kicked in the middle of a destroyed city while Madoka watches in horror.

I want Homura to sit on my face.

>That’s also because of Kajiura’s terrifying composition and the good cinematics
As far as Kajiura sondtracks or shaft anime goes, madoka is rather mediocre.

>tfw lost my cookie and can't access panda anymore

Maybe for the battle music, but the more atmospheric tracks are great.

It's on sankaku.

Attached: b9a200062233cb2b33937030aee97450-sample-47.jpg (222x222, 19K)

Losing more cookies is what gets you back in.

except tutu was boring and madoka was good

MamixNagisa is hot and all, but MamixOffice Lady is where it's at.

What about KyoukoxYuma?

Attached: 2019_08_25_23.46.20-43.jpg (515x515, 76K)

Objective truth.

>honest opinions
I like it but the fans are the worst.

Mami is too much of a perverted lolicon.

>QB injured
While that could be considered a good tone setter now that you mention it, everything that scene achieved is worthless when you remember that it’s absolutely impossible that Homura failed at killing him. She has the power of stopping time and has lived that month a lot of times. So, she has killed a lot of Kyubeys. The fact that he survived could be justified if she had just started killing Kyubeys or she didn’t have the power to stop time. But she has both. Then why did he survive? To manipulate the viewer. “Root for the cute creature! Hate that evil Homura!”. Even if that was a way to set the tone, it’s a bad scene because they only achieve it through a literally impossible scenario of QB surviving to Homura. So yeah, I can give you a pass for that and say he did set the tone for episode three, but even then this is neglected writing and ultimately not praise worthy. So either way, it is poorly presented and developed.

- The visuals and music in the first minute or so of episode 1 did an excellent job at grabbing my attention.
- I enjoyed some of the reveals that were meant to shock the audience. The reveal about the true nature of soul gems particularly stood out to me. Specially so considering how Madoka (and the audience) learnt about it.
- The show didn't do a very good job making me care about its main cast.
- I'm not a fan of the charactes' wide faces.
- I'm nonetheless glad that Madoka exists though. Thanks to the show's popularity, many copy-cats surfaced such as Wixoss or Yuuki Yuuna. I like these two shows better than Madoka.

God I wish that was me.

>tutu was boring
Stopped reading there. You have the attention span of a five years old kid and don’t appreciate subtlety nor good writing.

>- I'm not a fan of the charactes' wide faces.

Attached: (Hi10)_Hidamari_Sketch_-_06_(BD_720p)_(HT).mkv_snapshot_00.28_[2019.08.17_04.55.28].jpg (1280x720, 570K)

>Mami and Sayaka: Seigi
>Mami and Kyoko: We use to be friends. Closest thing to family.
>Mami and Madoka: The original team. I don't have to worry anymore.
>Mami and Homura: Hatesex Bondage
>Mami and Nagisa: Where is the cheese?
>Mami and Office Lady: Lifesaver

Why is Mami so based?

they're gonna stick it up her pooper

yuuki yuuna is amazing, the only madoka copy that did good it's job, although i didn't like the happy ending of the first season.

WIDER

I never tried to argue that it was good writing, just that the tone was there from the beginning.
I agree the plot and characters are garbage.

says the nigger wanting 10 filler episodes of characters explaining their whole life

The 2nd season does the same thing and it's stupid.

Attached: PSX_20190205_112338.jpg (1195x1223, 212K)

I must have been more specific. I'm not against wide faces in general. In Hidamari Sketch, they work in my opinion. In Madoka, not so much.

>But the contrast between...!!
Yes, I understand that. And I still don't like them.

>good writing is repeating the same episode structure over and over again except the characters have slightly different conversations each time

Attached: duckspin.gif (360x360, 756K)

Some really corny dialogue aside, I think the show was very good until episode 10 where it completely fell off for me. It went into a direction where it wasn't for me anymore.

>The reveal about the true nature of soul gems particularly stood out to me. Specially so considering how Madoka (and the audience) learnt about it.
When Madoka threw Sayaka to the garbage?

dang, is it worth watching though? i only checked the prequel

So, as I pray, Unlimited Despair Works.

Attached: d0gOHLW.jpg (1328x940, 299K)

Its better than Madoka

Hopefully bait.

Homu does use her time powers to kill QB in episode eight though, and because of it he immediately realizes the nature of her powers

I don't really remember tutu that well.
I liked it but madoka is slightly better in my opinion.

I know, I was talking about episode 1.

Attached: 1349474854441.jpg (1048x712, 108K)

Yes. That scene and the "magical girls as zombies" association that some of the girls made. I found it new, intriguing, and disturbing.

This shows us why she doesn't want to use them unless it's absolutely necessary

>The aesthetics are somewhat connected to the plot
>>Exposing Madoka’s questioning and internal debate about if she should become a Magical Girl
are you retarded

It's only 6 episodes, but yeah. Oink oink oink oink.

Attached: PSX_20190214_213230.jpg (2091x692, 490K)

he's telling you he wants to be spoon feed exposition, what do you think?

Yes

Attached: 1564778082220.jpg (2994x1078, 211K)

To think Nanoha would actually get in the Madoka Gatcha.

Attached: 01_44.jpg (2720x1920, 1.56M)

Ignoring that, there’s the other thing I mentioned. Homura has lived this month even more than a 100 times if I remember well. This isn’t like the third loop, it’s around the 100th. A 100 months are 100 * 30, which is equal to 3000 days more or less, and she has dedicated those 3000 days on their entirety to kill various QBs.
What’s wrong with making the aesthetics something from where the atmosphere emanates from and giving Madoka an internal conflict?

>Yea Forums has always been totally unable to understand straightforward developments in anime even at a basic level
This.

For example, I once had to explain to an user that something wasn't true just because a character in a manga said so, because characters can lie. And he legitimately did not understand that concept.

Explain how tutu has good writing.

Tutu was generic garbage

The right girl won in Tutu.
Come at me.

Why yes, Ahiru did win the Fakir-bowl.

And that's why she knows it's not to any great advantage to kill QBs, especially if Madoka can't see. So it's the reverse; it would be a plot error if she had used her time powers to kill QB in episode 1. And we never anything that suggests Homu is good at fighting when she doesn't use her powers, only the opposite
Not even assburgers at work a lot of the time; Yea Forums very often just fails to notice things that are spelled out explicitly

Imagine being as genuinely fucking mentally ill as you are. Like, Austin, seriously, what went so wrong with your life that made you this way?

I just don't understand what drives you to make the same exact shitposts over and over every single day of your life. There is so much broken in your head.

So, that's OP's gimmick.

GIRLS are for MAKING BABIES with MEN.

Attached: Madoka_homura_NTR.jpg (1191x1684, 167K)

No joke, I want all the Megucas to end up with unnamed husbands to watch the fanbase explode.

Trite shit

All of anime history was leading up to Madoka. We know that's come before or after it has surpassed it.

All of anime was leading up to Madoka. We know this because nothing that's come before or after has yet to surpass it.

Yeah, I was wondering what the deal with these threads were. I guess it was just a long winded summoning ritual.

Madoka wouldn't even exist without Eva

I love this smug magical girl.

Attached: 1522994173338.jpg (721x604, 92K)

>rape

Attached: 1567963184233.png (697x820, 429K)

First and foremost, I must admit the pseudo-episodic nature of the show can pull some back. Most of the time, the show is more like a monster of the week formula. But, while this happens, there’s a lot building up. In the episodic adventures from episodes 1-10 we learn the basics about the characters, why they love Mytho so much and want to save him and why they differ so much when we talk about how they want Mytho to be. Slowly, the characters start revealing their role in the story to the rest of the cast, and this activity has to take time so the epic showdowns (Rue admits she is Kraehe, for example) feel of significance. They also take a lot of time explaining the character’s backdrops, the dance is well implemented (episode 13 and 26 are prime examples) and with each second that passes, a character is more mature. Fakir, Ahiru and Rue question things and their roles and end up challenging fate and a Demiuge in a very convincing way. So the story overall is well done and the small scale fairy tales feel fresh and add to the bedtime story narrative of the show, the characters are very well written (have reasons, methods, growth, chemistry) and it even goes deep in many interesting themes such as fighting fate, existentialism, our role in the world, invasion of privacy, our freedom, hope and the 4th wall. A lot is going both thematically and narratively, but the show never boasts about it and feels very sincere and organic.
In essence, Princess Tutu is a glorious show because they don’t abuse magic to force a 100% happy ending, the characters are organic and plausible, it’s thematically rich and well explored, it’s very haunting and overall, an intelligent and quiet anime. It isn’t until you start thinking about it that you realize that they not only deconstructed, but also reconstructed the conceptuality of the fairy tale itself to create a ultimate story about hope without an overly happy tone.

Ok!

Attached: 71BNgcN.jpg (960x1012, 583K)

It's excellent. Kinda sad I never got to see it blind though, I jumped on after episode 3 or 4, whichever it was that split Yea Forums in fucking half and had everyone screaming. Good times.
Sat down and watched the 3rd movie not that long ago too and was pretty disappointed. I don't really get why that thing exists honestly.

Madoka should pull a Shinji and play the Cello.

I may also add how the final conclusion (The Prince choosing Rue) didn’t feel sad because they both deserved to be together. In that sense, Ahiru didn’t achieve to totally defeat fate, but let’s be real; she had feelings for Fakir. The scene on pic related convinced me about it and made me believe they are one of the greatest couples in anime history. I also like how the last scene is Fakir taking care of Ahiru and not Ahiru becoming a human thanks to the powers of Fakir. That’s probably the prologue, but since we will never know, they simply smartly reference how Knight and Tutu are minor characters in the story and give more importance to the conclusion of Rue’s character arc. This made the finale extremely bittersweet and made Ahiru look like a heorine that sacrificed herself for everyone’s future, which only makes Ahiru’s strong personality shine even more.

And I forgot the pic

Attached: 0D9C2472-5206-4BDC-A4DC-84577777C711.png (960x720, 831K)

>prologue
*epilogue

I kind of miss you-know-who.

Attached: 1471132895642.jpg (625x443, 255K)

As do I. It was most entertaining to bait him.

Attached: 1451739317551.jpg (900x800, 88K)

Kyubey did nothing wrong

It looks like they're about to take turns forcing her to give them head.

take (you)r meds

You are never "summoning" anyone, Austin. You are just a cringy fucking loser OBSESSED with trying to "troll" people, because it's the only way you can cope with how you're a failure at everything.

And you are the only person who thinks your boogieman is real. And yes, all of these posts are yours. You talking to yourself pretending anyone other than you thinks "ack" is real doesn't fool anyone. Your life is a massive joke. It always so easy to tell who you are because you refuse to actually answer anything anyone says. All you do is reply to your own posts trying to force your own "meme".

Hey look, it's the copycat! How are you copycat? How's Plattsburgh?

Neck yourself

After the initial muh suffering hype passes, you realize that it's just poor man's Smile Precure.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? If you had to make a comparison, it'd be closer to DokiDoki or Heartcatch, and even then it'd be a larger stretch than Yayoi after I'm done with her.

What even happened to him?

Fingers crossed he got committed to an insane asylum, the dumb cunt.

I want to watch it.

W-what's Kyouko going to do?

Attached: IMG_20190210_191813.jpg (1003x1416, 193K)

Be a very good senpai.

Attached: like the spartan pederasts of old.jpg (2459x3500, 1.38M)

Pee on her nape.

I can’t even begin to describe how mad this picture makes me. Sitting like that is so stupid. That would never work!

Cry, knowing these blessed moments of parenting are finite.

If yoy didnt catch that grief seeds look exactly like black soul gems, you are blind or retarded

I think some people on Yea Forums found out where he lived and he gged out.

It far from kajiura's best work. It has no where near the quality of noir or even gundam seed.

See? It's so fucking easy to tell who you are because you REFUSE to actually address what people say to you. It's a 100% constant pattern in your behavior.

Oh look, you're talking to yourself yet again, Austin. Do you seriously think people can't tell who you are?

>gets told to address what's said to him
>refuses to do it
>pretends this doesn't stand out like crazy
No, seriously, do think it doesn't stand out?
Like, even when mods on multiple sites have out right confirmed you're samefagging and making multiple accounts to attack people, you just ignore and try to pretend it didn't happen.
Why would "everyone" side with some retard samefag shipping cancer from tumblr who gets totally blown the fuck out all the time?

See? That pace is much more realistic compared to the original. Although, keep in mind, the original loved to write essays that nobody read. You'll need to type a lot more than that.

Mai hime/otome > everything else

>technically well executed. Its short length helped it not get stuck or sidetracked thematically
>series ended in the way i was hoping, and in which the narrative demanded. Did not disappoint
>ost isnt nearly as good as many claim.
Tbh the whole soul gem thing opens up quite a can of worms in terms of the setting, but the show doesnt attempt to explore its wider implications. Thats ok, it wasnt the focus.

>xddd lol if i just keep repeating myself and that makes me look and like im right epic meme meme mem lolol
This is actually what's going through your head, Austin.

And again, everyone can easily tell who you are.
You are just so fucking lucky you have Troid here protecting you. Because mods on every other site have just shit on you and outed you as a samefag.

See? It's so fucking easy to tell who you are because you REFUSE to actually address what people say to you. It's a 100% constant pattern in your behavior.

Oh look, you're talking to yourself yet again, Austin. Do you seriously think people can't tell who you are?

>gets told to address what's said to him
>refuses to do it
>pretends this doesn't stand out like crazy
No, seriously, do think it doesn't stand out?
Like, even when mods on multiple sites have out right confirmed you're samefagging and making multiple accounts to attack people, you just ignore and try to pretend it didn't happen.
Why would "everyone" side with some retard samefag shipping cancer from tumblr who gets totally blown the fuck out all the time?

Imagine being as genuinely fucking mentally ill as you are. Like, Austin, seriously, what went so wrong with your life that made you this way?

I just don't understand what drives you to make the same exact shitposts over and over every single day of your life. There is so much broken in your head.

You are never "summoning" anyone, Austin. You are just a cringy fucking loser OBSESSED with trying to "troll" people, because it's the only way you can cope with how you're a failure at everything.

And you are the only person who thinks your boogieman is real. And yes, all of these posts are yours. You talking to yourself pretending anyone other than you thinks "ack" is real doesn't fool anyone. Your life is a massive joke. It always so easy to tell who you are because you refuse to actually answer anything anyone says. All you do is reply to your own posts trying to force your own "meme".

These give me that one shitty Tails doujin that got spammed back in the day. The one with the babies. Fuck that shit.

It's good. And I hate that image.

Attached: D_MbO0cU8AAg-cU.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)