Your first anime

What was the first anime you've seen and what did you think of it?

My first anime was Another. I was like 12 or 13 idk and was into shows with a lot of blood and gore so this anime caught my attention. It had the stuff I wanted (kids dying in gruesome ways) but it also had an interesting story and even some nicely written characters. The things I didn't like were the ending (I didn't understand it very much) and the fact that they don't give any explanation about how Mei got her magic ability .

Attached: another.jpg (400x300, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDMheos3ue0
youtube.com/watch?v=q5ODUgCCUcI
youtube.com/watch?v=nGn730VATA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 495453.jpg (3140x1873, 1.08M)

Sailor moon, I tried watching it recenty and didn't like it.

Crest of the Stars, probably 15+ years ago. I only saw a handful of episodes at the time but I thought it was really interesting.

Either this or sailor moon.

Attached: 91anNvPxUhL._SY445_.jpg (249x445, 27K)

Torilla tavataan.

Attached: mörkö saatana.gif (280x201, 886K)

fuck off underage

back when...

Attached: 8-80416_crayon-shin-chan-doraemon-animation-cartoon-character-shin.jpg (840x699, 224K)

>another came out in 2012

Attached: 15279621341779.jpg (1329x867, 122K)

I'd have been about 5 or 6 when I discovered it, back in the days of FotNS, Violence Jack, Devilman,Vampire Hunter D etc.

Attached: maxresdefault (14).jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Maya the Bee
I loved it!

It was Ulysses 31, I loved this as a kid.

But the first anime I watched as such, entirely, in the chronological order (as baguette TV didn't give a fuck about putting the episodes in order) was Black Lagoon. And then Girls und Panzer.

Basically me. Watched the shit out of the 4kids Yugioh, too. I used to think I didn't like One Piece, but then I discovered subbed Yea Forums material.

Suprised that my country even aired this movie on the child channel but this was the first movie I watched

Attached: image.jpg (720x1080, 200K)

technically the first anime I watched was beta x because they used to put it on Mexican tv, I was like 7 or 8 years old iirc, it was awesome

Probably Pokemon but if you mean first anime I went out of my way to watch because it was anime then Full Metal Alchemist I guess

Highschool DxD. I was 13 and found it by googling 'sexy anime'. And that's how I had my sexual awakening.

Not sure but i think Laputa when i was around 6 or 7. Still love it.

Pie thread?

Attached: 1567804211251.png (1120x500, 607K)

Last Exile had so much potential but GONZO gave their interesting world a mediocre mc and ending. Blue Sub No 6 had a cool premise/world but a weird/lame ending too, wtf gonzo

Attached: 113545.jpg (635x804, 104K)

>My first anime was Another.
same except i started watching anime three years ago

Based

i mean technically pokemon, but the first time i knew it was anime it was Blue Exorcist. shit was pretty good and a lot of fun, dont really remember enough to say if i thought it was a good show or not, seemed alright

I mean, I guess it'd have to be either pokemon or yugioh. Saw it on 4kids after church sometimes, my dad didn't like me watching those cartoons. Thought it was of the devil. Dad was pretty based, in hindsight.

Death note, it was the shit back in middle school and the crush i had liked it, so i started watching it for that reason

akame ga kill

Attached: __bismarck_and_esdeath_kantai_collection_and_etc_drawn_by_tony_guisado__sample-4d64438e3dd8451726661 (850x595, 129K)

No fucking idea why, but Elfen Lied. Looked like generic gorey tripe, but my preteen brain wasn't horrifically jaded yet so I found it entertaining enough to want to watch more.

This, but I did it to keep up with my friends who had gotten into anime. None of those faggots watched anime after high school while I'm stuck here.

There was a progression in the 90s when an entire generation was introduced by entry-level garbage and carried deeper in the following years with more adult offerings

Pokemon on saturday morning television -> DBZ on Toonami -> Inuyasha on Adult Swim -> downloaded Hellsing episodes of Kazaa -> torrents of Haruhi and moeshit

First Hellsing. For someone just starting with anime it was the best shit ever, and I was less critical to it not following the source material exactly (read: I had no fucking clue it was even based on anything)
Probably due to nostalgia I still don't think it was all that bad, especially that one trippy episode with Integra's "sister". The OST is based too.
youtube.com/watch?v=mDMheos3ue0
youtube.com/watch?v=q5ODUgCCUcI

Attached: Hellsing-56b042a43df78cf772cddf1a.jpg (1500x1000, 150K)

Initial D. Because I like cars.

SuperBook

Although, Tench Muyo Ryo-ohki was the first REAL anime that I ever watched and enjoyed. Pokemon. DBZ, yu yu hakusho, and inuyasha were to follow.

First? Probably Pokemon or Sailor Moon as they aired on TV.
Though first as in me trying to watch it was probably Yu-Gi-Oh. It aired here and then suddenly restarted from episode one again right before the duel against Pegasus. I was pissed but forgot about it until half a year later we got broadband internet and I discovered you could download episodes using LimeWire, and later torrents. So I watched all of it, later Naruto, then FMA, and the rest is history.

OP is pure kino

gabriel dropout

Attached: BTFO.png (900x900, 623K)

This one. Great sci-fi adventures + brief anatomy course. Loved anime since then.

Attached: Wonder_Beat_Scramble.jpg (316x231, 37K)

same. 15 and the only things that stuck with me we're that I liked the Jaegers and the ending was dogshit.

akira when I was a little kid... my parents rented it for me on VHS because they thought it was a cartoon for kids, something like tom & jerry... I remember getting to a scene when someone hallucinate about spilling his guts (literally), then I went to my mum and told her I did not like it and did not want to watch it any longer... I've never seen akira to this day...

Probably Sailor Moon or Dragonball but the first one I definitely knew was anime was Ranma 1/2.

Attached: 1502833832445.jpg (1400x1292, 1.22M)

youtube.com/watch?v=nGn730VATA8
This brings me back.

this, also Heidi, Wickie and Sindbad