Why do people call these "the new big 3" none of them are anywhere nearly as good as what came before it

Why do people call these "the new big 3" none of them are anywhere nearly as good as what came before it.

I mean, I always thought Naruto was shit, but just compare HeroAca to Naruto:

Nothing significant has happened in 235 chapters. It's just been the usual formula of new villain, before going back to status quo, with no signigicant consequences. Hell, the peak of the manga thus far has been AM vs AfO, but it doesn't even come close to being as impacting to its own series as Oro vs Third was in Naruto, which was the climax of a properly built up Tournament arc that ended in a FUCKING KAIJU BATTLE and Naruto for the first time ever showcashing a move he trained hard to get. Like, Oro vs Third elevated the stakes even further, and propelled the story forward after the fact due to how huge an impact it was to the status quo of the series. Meanwhile AM vs AfO just suddenly happened out of nowhere with little real build up, and the only real consequences of it is that AM now can't be a Hero anymore. He didn't even die, and we never really felt the weight of the even on the story as not long after, people were back to school festivals and other dogshit. It's like if after Dumbledore in HP died, Harry just went back to Hogwarts as if shit hadn't seriously gone down in the last book.

And Oro vs. Third isn't even the relative point. By Chapter 235, we were at Valley of the End, with Naruto vs Sasuke, arguably the peak of Naruto. By chapter 235, MHA has bored me to absolute tears so hard I basically dropped it.

It's a similar story for the other two as well. Neither is particularly remarkable.

I can't be the only one who thinks this.

Attached: ab8a2ddb9e502f408591ba3c824c45d3.jpg (800x450, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GA8KOZdWVRg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-wube3m2NE
mainichi.jp/articles/20180704/ddm/015/040/016000c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I always liked Naruto and I knew whatever nuShonen comes after will be nowhere as interesting to follow.

I was right.

Naruto is complete shit, kid

I dont even know who that is on the left.

No. But stay seething.

Just for contrast, here's all the major events in Naruto that happened by Ch. 235:

>Zabuza arc, Naruto got his bullshit power
>Forest fight, they get wrecked by Oro, Sasuke gets cursed seal
>Tournament Arc part one, Gaara vs Rock Lee
>Training Arc 1 - introducing the best character to the series, Jiraiya
>Tournament Arc part two, Gaara turns into a Kaiju, Summoning Jutsu Pays off, one of the most epic battles up till that point between Oro and Third
>Third dies marking a major turning point for the series
>Sasuke gets btfo by Itachi, changing course for his character development, and sowing the seeds for his eventual betrayal
>Training Arc 2 for Naruto: Rasengan
>epic Sannin Fight, Rasengan pays off, Tsunade is new Hokage
>Sasuke and Naruto have a spat
>Sasuke betrays Konoha and leaves
>save Sasuke arc, everyone gets btfo
>Valley of the End, arguably the peak of Naruto
>Time skip happens like 20 chapters later

Notice how it all leads from one event to the next with constant forward momentum?

Meanwhile in MHA: ???

Attached: 1565799172293.jpg (1200x900, 158K)

One Piece is set to end in the near future. Like 5 years tops. Jump is trying to find a replacement before that happens so sales don't tank. The other two don't deserve to stand next to Luffy, and KnY is being pushed hard as part of the new trifecta.

Nigger, if anything AfO vs All Might made All Might retire from being a hero, and society started to slowly losing its faith on heroes as a consequence. After the third's assassination, nations pretty much didn't give a fuck, konoha run as usual during a time without a real head, until it was replaced by Tsunade. The fact time goes up doesn't mean the status quo doesn't stand still.

you killed yourself, that's what happened

It's more based on popularity and series length than actual story quality. It's also great shitposting fuel.

BNHA is better written than Naruto. Take that for exactly what its worth.

Should replace Kimetsu with Haikyuu. Kimetsu isn't a long running, it gonna end soon.

>Kimetsu isn't a long running, it gonna end soon.
What makes you say that? I don't follow the manga, but I also don't care about spoilers, How far along the series is the spider kid's fight?

Black Clover already ended it's 1st saga(currently on ch220). Every arc ups the one before it and almost every character is somewhat relevant & interesting. I'm not saying it's "great" or "amazing or "outstanding", it's a 7/10.

>what is the manga

Spider kid was chapter 45 or so, series is currently around chapter 180.

>not a single argument ITT as of why BnHa is supposed to be better
A sad day when the narutard is unironically right

Though I don't think the current arc is final arc but it's near the end of the story unless editor-san push Wani to continue or Wani goes JoJo.

>Why do people call these "the new big 3"
What world do you live in?

Big 3 is a concept made by amerimutts. Japas literally laughs at the wests retardation.

Yeah, I just jumped ahead and saw they were fighting the number 1 guy, with chapter 140 being called "the final battle." It feels very Kenshin in length. It's definitely approaching the end.

What about Black Clover? Literally all I know about it is reading the first chapter and thinking it was generic shit. But I recall some animetubbers saying "it was actually good" not too long ago. I get the feeling it's just the new Bleach. Kinda shit, but stupid fun. Bleach had good art though, and a very cool concept.

Since when were faggots allowed on N/a/ruto?

Haikyuu is gonna stop too once nationals end

Haikyuu should be one of the new big 3

>Haikyuu is gonna end soon
>KnY is gonna end soon
>BC is cliche shit
>MHA disappointing garbage
>One Piece has about 5 years left
What's Jump gonna do once that cash cow ends? Dr. Stone and Neverland can't carry the magazine, and those will be ending at around the same time OP does. The only real long runners they've got are MHA and BC and both of them are ass.

The Big 3 received their name because of how much money they were bringing in and the popularity of them. Not because of their quality. If there was a new big 3 One Piece would still be a part of it Naruto actually did earn the right to be in that category because it actually beat out One Piece a few times which is very very respectable Bleach was always at the heels of both.

We won’t ever see an actual Big 3 like we did in the mid 2000’s because of how easy it is to find and digest anime and manga now compared to the time. Though anime crash in the next 5-10 years might change that.

but if karasuno loses this, Haikyuu will be longer I think

>OP endings soon
Didn’t Oda say back in 2010 it was only 1/3 of the way done?

Hey, I'm glad to see BnHAtards knowing their place for once.

Neverland is gonna end soon. There's actual announcement. I don't think Haikyuu gonna end soon tho

No. And he said recently that he plans to end at around 100 volumes. That the ending is sooner than fans think.

Dr. Stone?

BNHA can't carry OP's mantle. It's just not good enough. It lacks forward momentum and plot progression. Horikoshi is shit at plannng ahead, and building up huge events. Shit just happens with no real consequences.

I don't like the beginning but the later arcs are better for me. Not that good but it's still fine. But it has a formula to be a long running.

Let be honest, the original big 3 aren't that good, especially later part, people just got stuck with them because how much time they have been invested in them and just try to get to the ending.

Black Clover, yeah?

I doesn't have what it takes to reach the heights of Naruto, Dragonball, Fist of the North Star, YuYu, or One Piece though? Right? What do you think?

>Dr. Stone?
Have no idea.

They could try curing Ashihara and pulling World Trigger back into the magazine, but I don't think the story would go past Aftokrator.

Attached: 1461771271771.jpg (1000x833, 190K)

the art is great in bc and the first saga concluded not too long ago. the beginning of bc is arguably its weakest part
the author said if hes allowed to he wants it to be as long as naruto or OP

One Piece IS that good. It's easily within the top 10 manga Shueisha has ever published. Naruto was alright, better than the current roster of battle manga though. Bleach is Black Clover tier, but with better art.

Kimetsu can't be a big 3 because it has a clear end point that will probably be hit soonish.

One Piece still have some great plot thread ( the Void Century, the World Government secret,...). I remember waiting for Naruto and Bleach each week. But after the Pain attack arc( Naruto) and Aizen defeat( Bleach) it just became like a chore. Everytime Naruto cut to Sasuke stuff i was like"Skip!"

>Bleach is Black Clover tier
>implying BC is bad

In term of popularity, quality or legacy? Yeah, pretty difficult I guess. But in term of length, it gonna be one of those long running for sure.

compare the first 220 chapters of bleach with bc

bc isn't that good, is just somewhat eww fun.

Kek.

>people
It's only you and your faggy friends that do that.

The first 2 arcs of Bleach were absolute Kino. Soul Society Arc is miles ahead of anything we've seen in MHA or BC.

Bleach was better.

If the author intends to have them sail to the other side of the world then it could go on for a few more years. But if it ends up wrapping up sooner then they at least have the source of the petrification beam in place.

BNHA is better written than Naruto and KnY is basically what if Bleach was actually good.

yes, yet people talk like those 2 things are better than bleach.

Literally nobody speaks as if BC and MHA are better than Bleach you delusional negro

>BNHA is better written than Naruto
Not even close. Naruto was at least likeable, and the story always carried forward momentum. What even IS happening in MHA anymore? We had the Yakuza, which led to... nothing, then the Gentleman guy, which led to... nothing, then another training arc that led to Deku getting the mother of all asspulls, then the Villains got their own arc, and that's where I stopped caring. It's been over 100 chapters of irrelevant shit. And that's not even factoring in the lame ass school festivals.

No one calls KnY part of the new big three and you didn't even mention it. Stop baiting.

OK

Kimetsu feel like shonen from the 90s than a modern shonen. It's something I kinda miss.

It's nice having the setting be relatively unique too. Not just some generic fantasy world or yet another modern japan

Attached: 1373365401180.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

Lmao bleach is at least million times better than BC what are you on about

Pff what are you talking about Asta is a CHAD
>www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKt3NwcZZGg

It's honestly hilarious to see normalfags preach about how "MHA(and BC sometimes) took the mistakes of its predecessors and improved upon them" because no. Simply no, not only didn't they improve anything, they also took out what made these shounens likeable. No villains from modern shounens come close to Big Three. Not characters with depth, not worldbuilding, not story structure, not themes and complexity, nothing from the current WSJ comes close to what it used to be. Right now WSJ is in a really pathetic state, and you can imagine what will happen once OP ends

People DARE compare that annoying screeching to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=GA8KOZdWVRg

And actually say it's better.

It's funny too, cause Kodansha currently has a significantly better line up:
Attack on Titan
Seven Deadly Sins
Bakemonogatari
Eden Zero (or whatever the fuck it's called)
Kingdom
etc...

kny reminds me of hunter x hunter.

if you get a bad matchup, you will die

that's why zenitsu only fights fodder demons

Where the fuck you even heard that being said? Not even the most die-hard BNHA and BC fans would say that these two are better than Bleach.

I think the most annoying part about the yelling is his voice is vibrating like he's screaming into a fan.

Attached: silence.png (1014x634, 591K)

I agree fell hunterchad

I really like it

It feels really good

glad you came here

>implying naruto had even slightly good worldbuilding
Every other series of that era was great in that department, but Naruto's was so terrible in comparison that its hilarious

But user!!!! New shounen is subverting the genre!! It's a deconstruction!
The same people and youtubers who said that about MHA are now saying EXACTLY the same words about KnY.
I bet if Naruto magically came out today, the same would be said about it. Naruto would be called revolutionary, talk no jutsu would be treated as a shounen subversion, that "uses the depth within the characters to defeat them instead of simply punching them".
Sasuke would also be revolutionary, imagine making your second main character an antagonist 200+ chapters after.
Oh wait, the last one would not happen if Naruto came out today. Nowdays shounen is too "safe", editors can't let it out of the comfort zone and fans' wishes

people are still posting this like its relevant?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-wube3m2NE

Yet the world of Naruto(in lots of meanings: the cruelty of shinobi system, the different villages, the animal world or whatever that was) is still 100 times more interesting than anything I've seen in current WSJ

All three are better than Bleach and about at the same level as Naruto

People are taking the piss but he's still generic as fuck. I can't think of anything unique about him. It's like a bunch of executives gathered together in a board room and tried to create a character from all the tropes of other shonens

Most of those are trash

mostly due to popularity
Black Cover feels too much like a ripoff of Naruto, Kimetsu is actually good and actually deserves its popularity, and while I started off liking BNHA I grew to hate it over time for being shit.

as far as the original Big 3 go, One Piece is still great and still has a terrible anime, Naruto was amazing in the OG saga then became utter shit when Shippuden started, and Bleach deservedly died a pathetic death and should have ended at Soul Society

You clearly haven't interacted with die-hard MHA fans. Especially the type that "I usually don't watch shounens, they are meh, but MHA restored my love in it, it's our lord saviour!"

Not even close. Not a single moment in any of them has achieved anything remotely close to Ichigo's first Bankai.

>Bakemonogatari manga adaptation
>trash
>hating on Oh Great's Art
shit taste brah.

>Ichigo's first Bankai.
this was also literally the last time Bleach was any good though. It continued for over a decade after that and was utter shit the whole time

that was just a rip-off of the SSj transformation of DB, the entire SS arc was just "DB with swords"

hell cutting the stone scene was better

MHA fans say that all the time

Naruto problem is with the Sasuke plot thread. Kishi just seem love to write about Sasuke eventhough he not that interesting, taking away screentime of better characters in the series.

Imagine BELIEVING this.

even without the screaming he's an annoying little shit. Also god damn it's funny how hard they pushed for him to be an underdog only to pull a naruto and give him hilariously strong abilities

He said "most" no all, user. You have reading comprehension problem.

Go back to school kid

I mean, imagine hating on these absolute masterpieces. I pity those who haven’t had a chance to read them on print. They’re pretty damn awesome.

Attached: ABBD052B-8F98-4465-A3CB-CDF782D762C2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.96M)

because Naruto is a character drama to begin with,why do you think they talk most of the time?

What strong abilities aside for his anti-magic sword that he couldn't even use to defeat strong opponents without any support from his allies and friends? At lest he's not soloing his opponents like Naruto.

Tang is bettter than the Naruto clones
kimetsu is a better story overall also

>pushed for him to be an underdog only to pull a naruto and give him hilariously strong abilities
that's why he has to get saved and fight besides other characters so much to the point where he has literally only 4 solo battles, right?

People that look fondly of Naruto and Bleach only do so because they watched them when they were in the appropriate demographic

no need to say that if Bleach and Naruto would be shat on it they were big today because they were shat on as much (if not moreso) when they were big. BHA's hatebase seems cute compared to Naruto's (doesn't even match SAO's)

kimetsu has boar
boar wins

Attached: 15421422189478.jpg (389x466, 55K)

I honestly just don't like almost anything about Shippuden. I dislike almost all the villains aside from some of the Akatsuki.
I dislike that the Sharingan went from "copy other people's jutsu by seeing it" to "lol reality altering bullshit asspull I win button"
I dislike that every fight was ended either with DBZ explosions or MY SHARINGAN LEVELED UP TO MANGEKYO SHEEKYO REEKYO SHARINGAN NOW I CAN WIN
I hate that Naruto is the ultra special reincarnation of Ninja Buddha Jesus who was destined to save everyone and hate that Sasuke is the reincarnation of Ninja Judas Satan and was meant to be a dick

and I hate how aimless and meandering the story and characters are, especially Madara who takes up a good 50% of the series by himself and was utter dogshit the entire time with motivations that changed each time he appeared in a new arc

Sorry, I got off work like 9 hours ago. I’m just bragging about all the manga exclusive to Japan that you plebs don’t get to read.

Enjoy waiting for your shitty translations while I get to enjoy it the way it was meant to be read too. Super cheap as well.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.62M)

Well, I never met any MHA fans that say that and I don't think that I would want to. I guess that I'm lucky.

>It’s another bait thread that’ll reach 350+ posts episode
Let me get my popcorn

Attached: 0103-007 (2).jpg (1066x1600, 581K)

>Wani goes JoJo
This might actually be cool, we'll have demons in WW2, cold war, maybe to modern time as well. Modern demon hunters are just gonna flex with guns and nichirin bullets

I can respect you Opinion.

you know the whole theme of being able to overcome your upbringing and your shortcomings through hard work instead of natural gifts would hit home a lot harder if it applied to the protagonist. Naruto would have gotten fucked in the fight against Neji if it wasn't for the Kyubuu's chakra

Seething

The whole theme was whether if destiny is predetermined or not,not "muh hard upbringing or natural gifts".
Hard work never was,if it was why the fuck did lee fail against gaara?

Something I really like about Naruto is the fact that it is a one, linear, plot-focused story, that ACTUALLY feels like a story. The only one like that from what I saw in nu-shounen is TPN, but it's so boring, bland and basically has furniture instead of characters, that i can't even consider it.
Also I liked it when Naruto did looong-term foreshadowing. Sure, there was stuff retconned and pulled out of ass, but when it did that(like Obito being shown in chapter fucking 16, or Itachi foreshadowed for 130 chapters before actually showing up, or Madara since VotE), that shit was amazing. I wonder if any of the modern long shounens is building up smth like that

u mad?

that's one of the few exceptions, Lee should have been the protagonist. Also
>The whole theme was whether if destiny is predetermined or not
is fucking hilarious considering Naruto is the literal reincarnation of a demi god

Attached: 1547839379317.jpg (1462x1462, 411K)

lol Naruto didn't even go fox mode, he had to fucking dig a hole and use shadow clones to land a surprise Shoryuken and he got the shit kicked out of him in tehe fight

the theme of being able to overcome your upbringing and shortcomings through hard work was only killed toward the end of the series when Naruto was revealed to be the reincarnation of Ninja Buddha Jesus

I am seething, I loved Bleach, actually loved it, and it became fucking dogshit immediately after the fight with Byakuya

The problem with Naruto is that shippuden plot became too convoluted that it felt different from the original,lack of memorable landmark fights didn't help either(pain arc is like the only thing I remember)

Setter Miya has already teased him setting to Hinata, so after this tournament we might at least get some kind of national team shenanigans before starting next school year.

why does everyone hate post-SS Bleach? I just got to Fake Karakura and it still seems good to me

It's decent if binge read. Awful if read weekly.

I even like Chad's arc. Too bad they have to bring out those captains to wrap up that arc quickly.

there's a huge noticeable downturn in quality, Ichigo loses all of his personality and basically becomes an unthinking macguffin to solve the plot, the story seems meandering and aimless, Ichigo's human friends are nearly written out and given no character development beyond jobbing right at the beginning of each new arc, villains are mostly shit and aren't as interesting as the captains were.

Really the only thing I can recommend past SS is just fights the captains take part in.

Funny thing: i used to be a teenager mhatard that shitted on shounens and was proud with other fans that "mha fixed the mistakes of shitshows like Naruto" and that "out boi Bakugou is not a villain unlike ur Sasuke edgy bitch!!!" . Then I grew up a bit, cooled down and watched Naruto for the first time.
I ended up realising how fucking shitty MHA is and became a Narutard. Yeah...

I still don't see the reason why Sakura even love Sasuke. Like he have less screen time with her than with Naruto. At first it was framed as puppy love, something most people grow out of eventually, heck Ino even grow out of that. Then after the first arc, Sasuke and Sakura barely said anything to each other until he go join Orochimaru, then the time skip happen. So when she said she love him i was like" What? You 2 barely share any moment!"

There’s no new big 3

However the big 5
>Black clover
>Boku no hero academia
>Kimetsu no Yaiba
>Dr stone
>Vinland
>Fire force

Only bullying victims would call MHA "great"

No u

>Naruto is the literal reincarnation of a demi god
that is the point,Naruto was a hypocrite for preaching despite being the demigod,Neji was a hypocrite for screeching "fate nigga" despite trying to overcome his own fate by not protecting Hinata as a branch family member. Human hipocrisy is the main theme of the series,almost every major character "conflict" is based on hypocrisy.

>Why do people call these "the new big 3" none of them are anywhere nearly as good as what came before it.
People are retarded, there were never been big 3 but Only onepiece, which still is the best selling manga right now
Even streching, and not considering that One pieces is still going,
Black clover is just fairly tails
Kimetsu wich i love is pretty generic as story, Samurai demon hunting? the characters are top notch btwer
Bnha is overrated as fuck

>fire flop
>dr. flop
Delusional

Believe me, Sasuke doesn't know why Sakura likes him too. And Kishimoto said that he avoided writing the reason behind her love because "that would feel cntrived", but he couldn't make her give up on her crush because "that would make her a bad woman"
So this is a mix of Kishi's braindead sexism and editors forcing some SS fanservice

Are you guys not caught up? Or anime only? Cause Zenitsu just did something pretty substantial.

Big 6

Spider kid was lower moon 6, in the next few chapter Upper moon 1 is most likely going to die, while tanj and tapioka are going to fight Muzan right now

Meme opinion

What wrong with those two?

Kaigaku is strong but not that strong.

Attached: _20190813_101233.jpg (870x314, 81K)

KEK I thought he was talking about Asta since they're both loud and Asta's powers are supposedly "OP". But yes I read Kimetsu and Zenitsu's been my favorite since he was introduced.

correction, he said he didn't want to go too much further than 100 volumes.

But all that is wrong

>People are retarded, there were never been big 3
I think that people that deny Big Three and try to make it seem like it's only a western thing, that nips only laugh at it or don't know about it are retarded.
Literally the main editor of WSJ, Nakano Hiroyuki, acknowledged in last year's interview that there indeed it Big Three, that the magazine needs three bases to step on and that right now they one have OP, but he wants to find the other two
mainichi.jp/articles/20180704/ddm/015/040/016000c

Have shit sales number despite anime airing

Well, considering we'll be at 94 by the end of the year, and he pushes 3-4 volumes a year, I'd say 5 years is a good estimate. That puts the volume count at just under 120.

The fate was not entirely right too. Naruto did not kill Sasuke, he outright said to the Sage "But I'm not your son" and defied the path of his previous reincarnations

Youtubeshill

I never made it past Hueco Mundo it was that fucking shit

True, and MHA is a hundred times more shit

>literally talking out of his ass about something he didn't read
Pathetic

As much as I hate the Sasuke shit, after reading MHA, I think the Sasuke plot worked to Naruto’s benefit. It gave the story an actual concrete endgame to work towards instead of the vague dream of our protagonist.

MHA’s problem is there is no proper plot momentum and the only thing we can look forward to is Deku defeating AFO/Shigaraki and becoming #1

No,this is my own opinion on the series. I'm still in the middle of research.

>. Naruto was at least likeable
He was an annoying dumbass that eventually became a gay annoying dumbass,

>and the story always carried forward momentum.
Hence why nothing happened after the Chunnin Exam to the point where Kishi got bored and had to asspull a reason to get Sasuke to deflect to Orochimaru thus in Part 2 it feels like the stiry is at a standstill until the Sasuke Itachi fight which is ironically enough is where the story also went downhill and never recovered.

>We had the Yakuza, which led to... nothing
Essentially everything that transpired in that arc led to the internship getting postponed due to the untimely death of two heroes and the main antagonist getting access to a game changing weapon that he's been trying to duplicate and as of now has the means to do so.

>then the Gentleman guy, which led to... nothing,

It was to book end the Yakuza arc and devlop Deu by having him fight an villain that was a mirror image of what he'll become.

>asspulls

So you're just a dumbass.

Ok shill

Eh,Sasuke is pretty good imo. Yet really misunderstood.

hen the Gentleman guy, which led to... nothing,

>It was to book end the Yakuza arc and devlop Deu by having him fight an villain that was a mirror image of what he'll become.
Except Deku already have an evil counterpart that mirrored him, Shiggy, he don't need another one since it just de-value the first one impact.

Yeah, amazing how somehow EVERY SINGLE SHONEN-OF-THE-SEASON is "avoiding the mistakes of it's predecessors" and "refining the Shonen formula"

Do you like capeshit Naruto? Because Deku is what you get when you mash up your typical bland self-insert harem mc with Naruto, a very contrived character whose motivations and actions are based on what's most convenient for the harem trope or Naruto scene the author wants to follow. He doesn't have much self-confidence but still thinks he should be the next All might. He's shy and supposedly analytical but still impulsively charges straight into situations like he's Naruto. He gets picked on by Bakugou but still treats him like Naruto treats Sasuke, as his gay lover. All bnha is, is a shitty cash grab to appeal to low iq retards with shit pattern recognition by straight up ripping off things that were COOL in Naruto and building the story around those cool things. That's why most of the other parts of the story are filled with ANIME tropes and cliches.

Take Kouta who's similar to Inari from Naruto in that both of their parents were killed from trying to be heroes, with both now resenting the act of trying to be a hero thinking it's dumb because it took their loved ones away from them for no reason. Except that in the bnha world you literally get paid for being a hero along with plenty of other benefits, so it's not like they're doing it for free. Unlike in Naruto where it was just one man going up against a much larger force because he was trying to inspire people to stand up for themselves.

So when Horikoshi took Inari's story and tried to insert it in bnha, the context no longer makes sense and Kouta's view point on heroes just comes off as retarded. Many such cases. Take Aizawa for example, why is he introduced as the teacher with the highest expulsion rate? Because Kakashi did it.

Attached: 1531006760153.jpg (1200x986, 113K)

To all the people saying MHA fans don't blatantly pretend their shit is better than Naruto or Bleach, I present you this retard

>He was an annoying dumbass that eventually became a gay annoying dumbass,
>Eventually...
deku is gay, annoying and dumbass right from the start

This is the most pathetic post I've read all day
>I think the Sasuke plot worked to Naruto’s benefit
It didn't. And it made him into a worse character as well. Naruto never really strived for his dream to be hokage and actually never understood it since it was pretty much given to him after the war.

>MHA’s problem is there is no proper plot momentum and the only thing we can look forward to is Deku defeating AFO/Shigaraki and becoming #1
What the hell does this mean?

>To all the people saying MHA fans don't blatantly pretend their shit is better than Naruto or Bleach
Most people do. The fact that yoy honestly don't expect people to call you out on your bullshit is laughable in itself.

>Take Aizawa for example, why is he introduced as the teacher with the highest expulsion rate? Because Kakashi did it.
I honestly forgot that was a thing in Naruto till I reread it recently. It's kinda disgusting just how badly MHA rips off Naruto.

Was sacrificing Sasuke's character worth it? I still remember how he initially wrote Sasuke as only wanting to kill elders and Danzo, but 3 months after pussied out of writing a complex rebellious character with a reasonable motivation and inserted some retarded flashback where he says "ha ha lel i was kidding because taka was here i actually wanna kill everyone :)))" and turned him all of a sudden into a one-dimensional crazy yandere just for one arc simply to show that "he's evil naruto should come and save him don't doubt him"

>He was an annoying dumbass that eventually became a gay annoying dumbass.
what the fuck are you on about? do you think you refuted an arguement there?then why the greentext?

>no argument

>dude is literally taking on the entire thread to defend his shitty manga
holy crap man, get a life

On shit on shit, we've awakened him!
What do we do, WSJ bros?

BCfag coming here in peace just to remind everyone that it's not a Naruto ripoff nor do the characters remain 1 dimensional! Have a good day!
>generic
Yes! But at the end of the day, the writing has no plot holes!

Attached: DhwKbnSXcAQzLCp.jpg (846x1199, 211K)

If fuckin' DRAGONBALL came out today, everyone would praise it's SUBVERSION OF EXPECTATIONS by having the big climax of the first arc being the pig wishing for panties from the Dragon Balls and having the Main Trio (Goku, Krillin, Yamcha back then) LOSE the tournament and learning that have a lot to grow.

Current in Boku no Shit Deku and Spergkugo are getting an internship with Endeavor.

It's damage control spic he doesn't have one

Attached: mha esl.png (1363x1689, 243K)

Based and chadpilled

Attached: 1549998655671.png (1280x844, 575K)

do you honestly think BNHA is anywhere near Naruto?

Attached: 22767F3D-1D90-4A46-86CB-DB9FF4A547A8.jpg (1530x2537, 1.1M)

Its better bitch. Now I await when you can actually refute this,

I've seen multiple people(mhatards of course) say that Kouta's story was executed better that Inari's. It's not like a disagree(simply because i don't remember Inari's story that much), but can anyone elaborate why do people think so?

Dragonball WAS a subversion of classic wuxia though. I've approached this problem before.
>I live wuxia, I'd love to write a martial arts chinese wuxia with a more comedic tone that subverts expectations, but can also get serious when it needs to
then you read Dragonball again, and realize Toriyama masterfully executed this in his manga, and even subverted it to the point of taking wuxia where it had never gone before. SPACE. People don't give the man enough credit. There's a reason DB quickly became a timeless classic. It took something people loved, but added a new twist.

It doesn't even make sense because Kakashi simply found 3 kids he liked and decided to stick with them, Aizawa instead has a whole class and every test should make them liable of being cast out, yet up until now not one was held back even if half of b class is better than half of a class.

Attached: 8CAA40F0-258F-4262-AC5E-5D25B7AB21D3.jpg (1440x900, 279K)

>look at my autistic page where I vaguely pretend to read through anonymous posts and post EPIC BTFO in red on it!
>what a autist theheee!
the fucking irony

Attached: 1526420671795.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Seriously? Didn't we already DO this shit with All Might's side kick? How many more times are we gonna do the exact same setups till the story actually GOES somewhere?

>Naruto never really strived for his dream to be hokage.
this is next level,I have my suspicions that you are jeremy falsefagging to make it seem like MHA is worse.

Even War arc Naruto is better than anything I've seen in MHA. Yes, i said it. Now you may seethe

Attached: httpsvid.meYmG4w.png (857x475, 290K)

Yes it became shit

Early DB was great, Z was alright up to freeze arc. The rest, super included, I kinda meh.

Its pretty pathetic how BNHA full defence force calls other anons bitch, dumbass, and retarded

Read the thread.

>No argument

>have no plot holes
makes you better than what exactly?

Wtf!?

Attached: derrida1.jpg (128x256, 4K)

Make a fucking arguement then.

The big problem with Nu-shonen is that the antagonist are fucking jokes. Nobody like Yakuza boy and Shiggy (just refer to the popularity poll). Stain is okay but he hasn't been relevant since 200 chapters ago. Black Clover villain are one-dimensional as it can get (dude I'm evil because...I'm evil).

Nu-shonen author just can't write a competent and charismatic villains like Aizen, Shishio, Itachi, Chrollo, Frieza or Dio.

Read the thread.

Refute what?

Attached: 1333972485394.png (569x307, 80K)

>competent and charismatic villains like Aizen, Shishio, Itachi, Chrollo, Frieza or Dio

Attached: 1467044741909.jpg (579x480, 69K)

I mean, Hunter x Hunter is the one I WOULD call deconstructive, but only cause Takahashi earned that shit by perfecting the genre in YYH. He's breaking down his old work basically. That said, it's not a badge of honor nor does it make a series better.

MHA and BC are in NO way deconstructions though, at all.

>dude I'm evil because...I'm evil
Dont try and talk about series you've never read

I enjoyed part one Naruto filler a lot more than MHA. I gave up around the muscular fight.

You dont get it, the league of villains is made of quirky angsty characters, perfect for shipping and r34.

Here's how retarded people's minds work, it's all about IMPRESSIONS. As long as there's more flash and it's in your face loudly announcing how grreat it is, they'll feel more HYPED about it which leads them to think this thing is better cause it's all about FEELINGS. If this was a debate, the guy who was LOUDER and made more extraneous hand gestures is the winner regardless of what was actually said.

Shiggy literally wants to destroy everything because hes a fucking psycho. He's the main villain, last time I checked.

Wani write pretty good villain. Even the pure evil Muzan is pretty entertain to watch.

Dude the most recent BC bad guy is a literal Demon....

I don't get it.

>But those two are not what I call deconstruct.
>Do you even read/know about my idea?

Attached: derrida.jpg (600x440, 46K)

Thanks fellow chadposter.

Attached: lady.jpg (854x480, 71K)

I enjoyed war arc filler more than MHA,which is the bottom of the pit.
Part one filler were actually good.

>"Bakugou is a subversion of shounen rivals tropes because he didn't go evil!!"
>"What are the major shounen rivals that did that other than Sasuke?"
>"Uuugh, hmmm, it doesn't matter, the point stands still!"
Literally the conversation I had when Season 3 was around. Imagine being so proud your fave didn't rip off another series in at least one aspect

Yes, Wevil had no motivation for doing what he did other than being a piece of trash for shits and giggles. That's a single villain. Almost every other villain had a reason for being the way they are except for maybe Sally.

Because i'm not even that user
I have a theory btw, you are the same user who goes in every thread insulting every one

KnY has a classic shonen feel to it. It doesn't take itself too seriously and that's kinda fresh. Shonen nowadays try too hard to be deep.

I enjoyed some of part 2 filler more than I ever could MHA.
Kakashi ANBU arc is legit better than anything there. The atmosphere and ptsd are so good there

So the bottom line you're just butthurt that MHA stole all of Naruto's thunder.

That's cause of the aging demographic. Teens related better to more emotional and introspective works.

Took me 5 min at most spic, stop screeching.

>KnY has a classic shonen feel to it
it's something I really miss.

Not really. I always thought Naruto was kinda shitty. Especially in Shippuden. I just find MHA to be significantly worse.

Adding psychological depth to a work isn't a bad thing but you need the writing skills to back it up.

I always imagine that the people writing these are underage.

>It doesn't take itself too seriously
That’s seems to be a kind way of saying it’s mediocre

Then you literally have no fucking reason to defend it so you're either a schizo are you're asspained that MHA is getting so much attention and praise.

I'm pretty sure he didn't even know Kimetsu existed until last month

But it's much worse til the sisbro arc

>no arguements
>asks to refute when presented none
>acts like a retard
I'm convinced that you are just a low tier shitposter.

Why are Narutards so pissed that everyone has moved on? Haven't they figured out that Naruto was just a shitty HxH knock-off that is worse than every new gen Shonen

No, it's common knowledge that teens tend to favor work that's more "deep" and introspective, as they can "relate to it" better. That's why so many YA novels feature angsty teens, being moody about life, with slow openings that feature first person narration. It's what the demographics relates to.

Lighthearted simplicity appeals more to a younger demographic (and older too actually, like after teens you learn to appreciate it better), and the point I'm making is that Jump is having a demographic shift, attempting to appeal to a slight older crowd than usual.

Well yeah, but that goes without saying.

Obtaining a human body with a 4 leaf grimoire isn't just shits and giggles I feel like.

I'll make a list for ease

Evil for evil's sake = Wevil, Sally, Revchi, Gueldre

Antagonistic, but not exactly evil = Mars, Ladros, Lotus, The 3 retired Shining Generals

Evil for a reason = Rades and Langris

Completely justified motivation that is arguably better than the MC's = Patri, Vetto, Fana, Raia, pretty much all the named elves

Sometimes I feel like the old big three were the stepping stones between the old and new type of shounen. Except that midway there it took the wrong turn.
The current jump titles I enjoy the most are KnY and WT, that capitalizes on it's sport manga like team battles. The rest ranges from good to bad.

This is something I've noticed a while ago, and something why lots of modern normalfags prefer MHA to smth like Naruto.
MHA is really good at gathering all the hype and emotion into one defining moment. The whole fight(or not just fight, overall scene) might be meh, but as long as it has that one flashy greatly animaated moment - people will call it a masterpiece.
While rewatching Naruto I noticed that it barely did that. It prefered to have scenes be more dragged, but much more grounded. You can rarely pinpoint the "oh shit" moment, fights and information are usually given gradually, step by step.
Though it did happen more often during war. I think it's just a fact of modern storytelling

It mean that it doesn't try anything new but make the best use out the classic tropes and cliche to their fullest effect. It doesn't try to subverse expectation of the audience but instead draw you in through the characters and their emotion. A well-executed story is always better than an original one.

>What are the major shounen rivals that did that other than Sasuke
This is a concept older than Sasuke retard.

Attached: dragon-ball-z-majin-vegeta-1162812-1280x0.jpg (1280x716, 92K)

I can defend the objective merit of a series I wasn't too fond of. Especially when I see it's successor do the same things, but significantly worse than it. Read the thread, this is not a "man Naruto was so good" thread. I literally open with saying I thought it was shit. This is a "holy fuck MHA is fucking trash, way worse than Naruto, why is it getting so much praise?" thread.

And bnha is an even shittier nardo knock off.

Attached: 1532016537704.jpg (383x383, 21K)

forgot Valtos under evil for a reason

>No, it's common knowledge that teens tend to favor work that's more "deep" and introspective, as they can "relate to it" better.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.jpg (1200x800, 162K)

Let's just say it doesn't seem pretentious, ok?

>It mean that it doesn't try anything new but make the best use out the classic tropes and cliche to their fullest effec
You sound just like BCfags

deku, magic deku and swordman deku

vegita was evil first before turned good then turned back into evil

>no argument

Yeah no. I've been following Yea Forums TL threads since RLD.

So you're a Schizo

>green nerd naruto, black loud naruto, and nice guy #18364718

Spoider boy was LM5

No, I'm a writer, I had to study this shit. Look at all the best-selling novels in the west in the YA category. What do they all have in common.

Stop replying to me in memes cause you're too stupid to understand a simple point someone is trying to make. You're seeing less lighthearted manga because Jump is intentionally trying to do a demographic shift toward the teen crowd.

Cool horseshit bro

>No, I'm a writer, I had to study this shit.
Its fun to pretend.

read this, idiot. It's about turning sides

what have you written? Naruto fanfic?

>implying Asta or Tanjirou wouldn't fight against the bully Bakugo.

I'm not the one who entered a thread he didn't like because people don't like my favorite manga.

They wouldn't fight him unless there's a good reason to. Tanjirou broke Genya's arm because he hurt an innocent person, Asta fought Solid and Nebra because told Noelle to kill herself. Just yelling at someone wouldn't be enough for them to fighrt him

That's what Sasuke did retard Also both of them changed sides in order to gain stronger not because they believed in the badguy's ideologies.

Black Clover is generic but the execution is pretty enjoyable, Tabata really knows how to plan ahead and his art is consistently good. The pacing is fast enough to disguise the overall formula and the fights are fun as fuck.

There will never be a new "big 3", it's just not possible until we start getting new multiple-hundred episode shounens, not these ones that end in a season or two.

Attached: 1536235128274.jpg (1072x1053, 101K)

Baiting retard whos never been in a Black clover or Yaiba ( manga only for this one ) thread. They are among the comfiest on the board and filled with enthusiasm for the series akin to the original big 3.

Boku no hero is dog shit though.

So you defending a manga you dont like agaist a manga you don't like.

Ugh, don't compare KnY to BC. The biggest difference is the nuance of the characters.
BC characters are too one dimensional, they always have the same tension to them. KnY characters fluctuate smoothly from high tension moments like battles to low tension moments like the training or recovery arcs.
Old shounen are more character driven, if the characters are bad the quality suffers.

>The current jump titles I enjoy the most are KnY and WT, that capitalizes on it's sport manga like team battles. The rest ranges from good to bad.
BC has team battles too and dare I say does it better than KNY.

Whatever, suit yourself. I don't even know why you're arguing against me, I wasn't trying to argue for or against anything, I was just giving an explanation for why there's less simple lighthearted manga like before.

Do you really write Naruto fanfiction? that's embarrassing dude.

Imo BC and KnY are on the same level and WT is one tier above in team fights, and those 3 are better than everything else when it comes to teams.

>The biggest difference is the nuance of the characters.
>KnY characters
>nuance

Man this fanbase sure got bad in recent months

To be fair KNY has a smaller cast. Easier to focus on.

I'm not defending anything. I'm highlighting one manga's strengths to showcase how the other fails. Is this point too nuanced for your stupid little brain?

Oh, hello Jeremy.

I blame anime for this.

why does nobody wanna talk about this? not big 3 potential?

Attached: eb24q579s7p11.jpg (676x614, 102K)

So you are just a Schizo

read

I don't see people seriously calling them that here.

Among other battle shonen manga protagonists, only Tsuna came close to Deku and even he was not that pathetic.

It help that Kaiba only focus in a few new characters each arc so when it done, the readers already like those characters before moving on into next arc.

literally what even is this

Fair but if only because of the commentary. In terms of actual combat, I prefer BC's. Mostly because supports actually matter and I main supports in mmos and the like.

see

what's even the name of this one? I forgot.

Revchi and Gueldre aren't evil for evil's sake. They just want to become rich and make their own fortune by doing scumy deeds and backstabbing the people around them.

Cause it shot itself in the foot recently.

AM v. AfO was built up just the same if not more than Oro v. 3rd.

see you weird autist. Now fuck off.

Attached: pizza2.jpg (1200x515, 169K)

see

Not even close, and the aftermath was nowhere near as heavy.

So OP is unhealthy fucking trash while BC and MHA are decent cheats to enjoy every now and again?

see

It's a miracle that for the 5th BC thread these past 2/3 days there's only been minimal shitposting. Max comfy.

also we get early spoilers and chapters again next week since another holiday falls on monday

see

Dude, characters in shounen don't need to be deep like the ocean. However they still need to have semblance of credibility as characters.
Comparing Asta to Tanjirou shows pretty easily the difference: Asta is always energetic and loud, in and out of battle. Tanjirou instead follows the tone of the moment, giving the climactic parts more energy. During recovery arcs he's calm and has fun with the other characters. Once a fight breaks out he switches to his determined and sometimes crazy self.

I'm sorry? AFO only got introduced(fully, not as some voice) in 2x21, appeared in 3x09. 13 episodes of """build up"""

leave JJK to pierrot

>food analogy

To be fair, mha threads biggest problem are the shippers. There's a direct correlation between a series amount of shipping and the quality of its fan base.

Helps that we got a fun tsun chapter this week and most of the BC posters are chill.

leave Samurai 8 to Pierrot

>being loud means you're worse
While I agree that Tanjirou is more "humane" as a character, this isn't exactly true. There's loud people irl and they're real.

S8 is mediocre so far. The concept is fine, the execution is really lacking.

Pierrot at this point should give up on adapting animate and just stick around to be sometimes hired for openings and rare fight scenes.
Naruto still has some of the best fights in anime industry

>Baiting retard whos never been in a Black clover or Yaiba ( manga only for this one ) thread.
Yeah the fact that you have to seperate anime thread from manga thread proves his point.

>comfiest on the board and filled with enthusiasm for the series akin to the original big 3.
Comfy is just another way of saying nobody gives a shit about either to post hence why BC have to make up their own boogeyman also this proves that you weren't here back then since Big 3 threads were shit filled with wikispam, gorespam and people spouting memes.

tournament arc will fix series

Thanks for the laugh

>make up their own boogeyman
Literally doxxed him and revealed all his accounts in real time last year, but keep coping.

>Muh boogeyman

>that you weren't here back then since Big 3 threads were shit filled with wikispam, gorespam and people spouting memes.
And you're a newfag who never knew that shonenshit was trolled and deleted off this board until 2013. Sit down kid.

>Big 3 threads were shit filled with wikispam, gorespam and people spouting memes.
Ah, good times...

The BC posters turned into madlads that day. Remembering that thread always got a laugh out of me.

>hence why BC have to make up their own boogeyman
Sad nobody replied to your fresh bait in the BC thread, Jimbo?

The concept is not even fine really
Is overcomplicated, he is human but now he become some sort of robot who can split his head open and took out the sword, then the dog who meow like a cat is his armor but there is also a princess

No, loudmouths are a staple kind of characters in manga. The problem.with Asta is that he's always loud. During fights hes determined and driven, ok. During downtime hes played as the loud character as a recurring gag.
The closest comparison in KnY would be Inosuke who is almost always making noise. The difference is the use of the characters: Asta is the MC, he's almost always the center of attention. Inosuke is a side character and is always used in tandem with other characters because he has to be toned down.

>idiots still believe they got the right guy
God BC fans are dumb

Now we cooperate to shit on MHA and BC. Truly amazing

>doxxed
>hey this guy has close to the same account name as this guy so they must be the same person.

This fanbase is too stupid for words

Nah.

Prove we didnt

Pfft.

>And you're a newfag who never knew that shonenshit was trolled and deleted off this board until 2013
Look at this retard.

Attached: ss+(2016-07-27+at+08.33.22).png (1130x504, 46K)

that's how MHA does progression now
>tests
>intern
>Tests
>intern

>being this retarded
wew lad
Keep believing what you want

>r-retard
Keep coping faggot

Attached: 0.jpg (900x506, 179K)

>was trolled
>image shows shitting on Bleach
Look at this retard.

Right now, it's the only the Big 2.
One Piece
Intern Academia

>Seething

Attached: 1565426701411.png (777x860, 1.21M)

>forgetting fujo volley and I DONT WANNA KILL THE DEMONS

Isn't doxxing bannable?

>The problem.with Asta is that he's always loud.
So were Luffy, Naruto, etc.
And don't you dare say there aren't times Asta quiets down like the other two.
Being loud is not a problem. Saying this, I doubt you've even touched BC.

>deleted off the board until 2013
>image is from 2009
Look at this retard

BCfags don;t know what doxxing is user

How did they “find” him anyway?

He revealed himself in Twitter after the announcement that the BC anime was getting extended for more 51 episodes.

Put his old user name into a search and found an account with a similar one.

saw a guy post the same image so it must be the same guy, even though anyone can save an image off Yea Forums

also no way more than one person dislikes BC

asta is essentially a disabled person who is told he is useless because he lacks something so basic and essential to their society
thats why he screams against a wall of people who tell him to be a depressed blob and accept his uselessness
and that almost happened in the first chapter when reality hits him in the face
after he can proof his determination with actions he stops being loud in normal situations (in the manga obv)

Yikes

>didn't read the word trolled
I can do this all day, retard

ITT: zoomers with nostalgia for naruto/bleach/OP

Attached: 1568029993622.png (951x942, 180K)

so do you guys think Asta and Deku canonically have tiny useless dicks? They're kind of born as genetic dead ends. Deku in particular is a born cuck.

>2009

Me too retard

>same image
He used the same multiple images, all with the same iphone filenames, with the same exact arguments and text attached on both sides then deleted all the posts and changed his profile picture and banner once this was pointed out. Also removed his reddit and deviantart accounts from his bio.

>Triggered Clovercucks so hard to go doxx anyone criticising BC
Top kek

It was never on his bio you liar.

How's that damage control going Jimbo? Maybe post one of your BC collage pics to take the heat off of you?

>can only focus on the year
>ignores the word trolled
You're a retard

Not realky, i'm up to date with BC. It seems to me you never touched Naruto, though. Naruto as a loudmouth was the facade he created to try and garner attention as a kid. Once he gets accustomed with his team he turns out to be less obnoxious.
Puffy on the other hand is always energetic but isn't always loud. Being loud isn't his gag trait, being stupid and stubborn is his comedic side. Lucy's character traits are his drive and friendliness. Basically he's friendly and easy going with everybody, that's why he's loud.
Asta is always high tension even on his own.

Actually, the only one to canonically have a tiny dick is Naruto.
I can't believe this series had a character that spent half of his introduction arc commenting on how small MC's dick is.

>2009
Okay retard

Maybe he should post that Melliodas/Asta Demon Forms comparison in Twitter again now that the anime is extended again. Even Yonkou was confused about this faggot.

>Yonkou
Who?

>Puffy Lucy
I'm a filthy phoneposter, im sorry.

Some nigger

remember when he got so angry he posted pictures of his filthy toilet? Kek

>Naruto as a loudmouth was the facade he created to try and garner attention as a kid.
See It's funny how you think I've never touched Naruto but you say you're up to date with BC but never knew why Asta was loud.

Twitter nigger that gets shit wrong, ignore it

Deku 100% has a clinical micropenis
Asta is kind of a Chad despite lack of magic so he probably has a big dick

Holy shit this user was spot on, their only proof is his posted the same images

No worries, hes friends with Choji, he probably was taught the partial gigantification jutsu.

Yeah, TWICE. I don't exactly remember why he posted it the 2nd time though.

YonkouProductions

Naruto also kinda grew out of it. It's kinda astonishing how calm and confident he was by the end of the series. Especially when it came to Sasuke and dealing with him.
I think Asta will probably undergo the same type of development

I used to read this manga then just forgot about it. It just didn't get popular enough my friend.

Attached: annoyed pepe.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>literally exact same arguments down to the text
>literally exact same filenames attached
>deleted his shit on Twitter when he was called out
>ignoring everything I said
Nice IQ

>Choji
how did someone this badass only have one plot relevant fight? He was strong as fuck even in OG Naruto.

SEETHING

Don’t quit your day job user

Cope, faggot

He also has Shino
Though not sure how then having big dick is going to help Naruto's situation. It's not like he's fucking them, only Sasuke(on whose dick we don't have canon information, if we count out spin off that it tells that's its huge)

>Even Yonkou was confused about this faggot.
Wasn't that because he sucked up to Yonkou all the time, but when Yonkou said he liked BC, he shittalked all of a sudden?

>cloverkids think they’re detective Conan
Hahahahaha

>no argument
>again

Attached: 36.png (392x595, 266K)

Nah, it's just unworthy of the praise it constantly gets.

>Cope
Oh the irony

Asta is still always on his highest gear. His exaggerated reactions are part of his character. Yuno is the same, he's always cool and level headed. Yami is always laidback, even during battles he never gets worked up. Magna is asta n2, always screaming. Luck is always too direct. Noelle is a tsundere. Charm is always easy going.
BC as characters rarely step outside their main persona.

To be fair once the most broken technique were added he became quickly underpowered.

Cause his name wasn't Naruto, Sasuke, kakashi or shikamaru and his wasn't a antagonist in Shippuden.

oddly enough Noelle is the only one I find interesting because she's a tsundere but she's also a hardworking gentle failure like Hinata. good combination of traits.

>Bragging about reading garbage

Yuno is special type of horrible.
I am not sure who has more character: him or anyone from TPN(which is the lowest bar already)

Tsundere per se are two opposing types merged together, but yeah, she's one of the best characters.

>BC as characters rarely step outside their main persona.
Because Tabata is a shit writer and is still looking for character arcs to copy

>he is now posting his comparison images in the BC thread
Seething hard.

Literally the same for mha
Shounens are pretty much a safespace now

at least he got a plot relevant fight
Shino despite being one of the coolest designs and having neat powers and a good fighting style has zero. He fucks up like two guys in a tournament arc.

>Literally the same for mha
Nope.

>having a meltdown
Every time

Attached: 03.png (475x554, 238K)

>Goku is still always on his highest gear. His exaggerated reactions are part of his character. Sasuke is the same, he's always cool and level headed. Urahara is always laidback, even during battles he never gets worked up. Zenitsu is Naruto n2, always screaming. Mineta is always too direct. Chitoge is a tsundere. Mukuro is always easy going.
>Shounen characters rarely step outside their main persona.
Step your hating game up.

>3rd year of anime
>manga in top 5 of wsj
>sales still slowly going up
>boruto director crying he isn't get paid as much as bc director
>boruto staff all leave and go to bc
>no sakuga from boruto in months
>mobage doing well and even crashing from all the traffic
>out performing earlier airing series on toonami

Attached: (B)BChad.jpg (544x778, 161K)

Amazing arguments, truly debunked what I said, mha characters are indeed complex and step out of their few traits all the time, thank you

Based Langris bro.

Attached: images (17).jpg (234x215, 8K)

Glad you agree

>Sasuke is the same, he's always cool and level headed.
user what

Calm down clovercuck, your series is still irrelevant

I just got a flashback to Sasuke's psycho laugh.

Retard

Exactly. Generalizations don't apply to BC characters anymore, so I named characters who were generalized that way at first.

Great times
Still sad he didn't manage to kill Sakura, was rooting for him there

>he finally caved in and started shitposting the BC thread

Attached: Dxsea4CXcAAmwWS.jpg (540x594, 60K)

>seething

>IP hasn't moved
Yeah even doxxing won't fix autism.
Mangahelpers help him because they all hate bc for some reason.

he returned to mangahelpers recently

>Yeah even doxxing won't fix autism.
Maybe because you got the wrong guy?

>because they all hate bc for some reason
It’s shit?

>i-its not me, I swear

Attached: 09.jpg (163x308, 43K)

No skin off my nose, keep thinking you got him.

Maybe because banning and doxxing won't do shit from letting people post on Yea Forums.

he doesn't get banned. Instead, you get banned for calling him by his real name (which is why we made nicknames like Jimbo and Jericho for him) while when he does shit like post pictures of his toilet all he gets is a deleted post.

> they arent as good as the previous gen
No shit user, the quality is dropping each generation.

They want something to replace the big 3 for them even though these series can't.

Now if i were to start and count all the things that happened in BC i would read the character-limit 5 times over. Thats nhow much plot is put into BC.

Goku is the literal exemplification of a stationary character. He never changes, he only gets stronger as the story progresses. But even him jokes and is kind of submissive at times (especially against Chichi), only to get switch gears during fights. Sure, he lacks the grit of other characters during fights but that's because he enjoys fighting.
Sasuke is an emotional wreck, he's acts cool during his introduction but soon is shown that he's a person too during the Zabuza arc. Urahara always laidback nature is clearly a facade for his more calculator nature. Zenitsu plays the straight man for Tanjirou and Inosuke but is also often the butt of the joke when he acts whiny, only to become totally different during fights. Mineta is a shit character. Chitoge is a tsundere, tsunderes I still find endearing, also it's a romcom. Mukuro wasn't really easy going, he was a wildcard type of character.

Better than 99.999999999999999% of other shounen.

>We
Don't include me in your shit.

Than you must be loving BC to no end.

This board stinks

Attached: 1566343680935.png (491x585, 56K)

Nothing, that series is shit. Also there is a plot hole where Asta is able to travel through space time magic portals with his sword that’s meant to negate magic. Any time someone with mana touches it they get drained immediately.

Big 3? Great 2 is more corre correctly.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 169K)

That's not a plot hole.
The portal edges are the magic.
The inside is not

nice mental gymnastics

Attached: O MY WISHING POWER.jpg (648x1213, 412K)

Snk is neat. HxH is great but always on hiatus.

>dogshit
>good
thanks for the laugh

Wasent that whole bottom text confirmed garbage translation?

This shit is like gnashbell?
Sign me up!

I remember threads like this would die before 50 posts?
I hate what toc threads have done to this board

Are you fucking dumb? The bottom panel is from MHA

>Any time someone with mana touches it they get drained immediately
Only his second sword does that.

>gets a evil demon power up and doesn't lose control to it
Well it's a start

>The bottom panel is from MHA
Retard

I haven't heard anyone call them that, but it makes some sense. After One Piss ends it will be up to these three to carry the torch at WSJ.

He's not that strong since he needs support in basically every battle to do something

KnY will be over by that point

MHA is ending before ch 400, the author already has trouble making up storylines.

KnY has just a few battles like that, but even than only a few of them actually really have teamwork, the others have several fighters just attacking the enemy instead of actually working in a team.
BC however has a lot of battles with actual teamwork where the powers arent just thrown at the enemy but are used together to get a even bigger effect out of them.

WT is on a whole different level than basically any shounen out there, maybe HxH comes close but not even that is as methodical as WT since its powers are a lot more unpredictable, so it gets its fights mostly with one vs ones, meanwhile WT only goes with planning in one vs ones and strategic moves in teamfights.

>Asta is always energetic and loud, in and out of battle.
And there is a very understandable reason for that, read the series to find out.

>where the powers arent just thrown at the enemy
Ha

> character staying in-character and acting like themselfes is a sign of bad writing
What shit are you smoking?

> never read BC
Dont worry user, you can always start.

Thats because they lack patience, you can tell they want to success as soon as possible by making a fast version of the previous ones. There is no building up
>here is your main girl
>here is your main trio
>here is your sasuke rival of the mc
Literally following a check list, once they succeed they relax way too soon

>I can't think of anything unique about him
Not a fucking dicksuckr for fights, would much rather talk things through than use fights,
is humble but can open his mouth if he sees something not to his liking,
actually is a cripple in his world and not just a unskilled but secretly superpotential having bastard,
actually is a sad piece of potatoes deep down and needs to yell otherwise he wouldnt be able to move at all against the people he is facing.

Pretty fucking awesome things desu.

>People are taking the piss but he's still generic as fuck. I can't think of anything unique about him
Ugly MC for a battle shonen?

>he doesn’t struggle and gets free power ups
Wow!

True, WT did it correctly, it build itself and the world up, had the powersystem gradually be explained, got the politics into the plot without making it boring.
If the author didnt have a problem the series would be at around 300 chapters with god knows how many awesome battles.
I still miss the weekly greatness of WT, the threads in other forums talking about strategic moves and trigger configurations was just plain awesome.

> i have never read the series
Weak bait.

Wt?

World Trigger

Anti magic sword in a magic setting, what did you expect?

>Wani goes JoJo
>Demons in WW2
>Fighting demons with guns
This is fucking brillant. Now I want to see the grandson of Tanjirou fighting demons (or the granddaughter)

I guess Toei killed it too

This gay big 3 shit should just die off already. Wish One Piece would hurry up and end so everyone would stop copying older manga and doing it 10x worse. Not saying there aren't good shounen. KnY, Haikyuu, and WT in Jump SQ are good. But one is a fucking sports manga and the others don't follow the same formula.

Toei killed Toriko too, Toriko was the closest to a classic but it needed more waifus and Komatsu not being ugly

>Not a fucking dicksuckr for fights, would much rather talk things through than use fights,
This would hold more water if A) Asta actually trained in diplomacy and B) doesn't immediately go for someone's head or strongarm them the moment the conversation goes in a way he doesn't like.
>is humble but can open his mouth if he sees something not to his liking,
That's most shonen protagonists. Their lacking upbringing gives them a pure-of-heart quality. Every time. It would be more unique if a shonen protag was more bitter and self-loathing at being poor and tried their best to never be in that situation again. Asta fucking loves his orphanage as much as being a Magic Knight.
>actually is a cripple in his world and not just a unskilled but secretly superpotential having bastard,
Let's...ignore the demon inside his one-of-a-kind, unique to him, cannot be copied spellbook. His disability would hold more weight if there were things he cannot do in this world of magic. Other than transportation, Asta never had a challenge brute force couldn't solve. Even when he was literally disabled, his thoughts on being useless to the team was quickly brushed aside. Not having magic is just his underdog status, its not something that is treated like the disability it is. It's just wasted potential.
>actually is a sad piece of potatoes deep down and needs to yell otherwise he wouldnt be able to move at all against the people he is facing.
Like the disability, could actually have potential if it was actually followed-through and not just brushed aside. It really only shows up when he can't fight or when Yuno outclassed him and its usually resolved as fast as its comes up. Plus that applies to nearly all of the Black Bulls, so its not special when he breaks down.

Asta is generic. He's not a compelling or unique protagonist. It's hard to root for his struggle when he just doesn't struggle or have any emotion other than AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

There is no big 3 and there never has been.
One Piece is the big 1 and eclipses every other manga in popularity that putting anything else on the same level downplays what a cultural icon One Piece is.

>You're seeing less lighthearted manga because Jump is intentionally trying to do a demographic shift toward the teen crowd.
And because they rejected fucking Shingeki no Kyojin

> lying
Wow, how low anons have fallen this days.

people only enjoy one piece now because they got sucked in over 15 years ago as a child

--->

this

KnY is not like BC or OP where if you lose, you just pass out and life goes on.

Black Clover is a shonen that knows its a shonen and doesn't try to pretend to be anything deeper like the others do.

>
>Black Clover is a shonen that knows its a shonen and doesn't try to pretend to be anything deeper like the others do.
this really is the main reason why i enjoy BC so much despite it being not special in the grand scheme, i'm getting exactly what i wanted, sure some people like something that trys to subvert expectations, but i just wanna enjoy a burger that wants to be a burger.

I have never once seen them referred to as the new big 3

As much as I don't like BC, I do have to give it at least that smidgen of respect towards it. It's not trying to be smarter than it ever could be, go off in entirely different directions no one asked for, or get high off its own hype. It is a very streamlined and purehearted shonen battle series. But it is so streamlined, it really makes me question if I am even a fan of this genre.

This. I enjoy BC because it's a fun shonen and nothing pretentious about. So what if it's generic? The story is good and the art is pleasing to the eyes. I can't ask for anything else right now. Also Noelle is best girl.

i do like nearly all the girls in someway, which is rare.

kimetsu it's pretty good

Naked apron cooking Senjougahara.
Holy shit I MUST to read that shit.

Attached: 1567967999560.png (750x801, 616K)

>all of them are shit, including naruto, but i read the entire mangas anyway
what a pretentious nigger

>he doesn't understand why asta had to narrow his body while he went through the portals

>His disability would hold more weight if there were things he cannot do in this world of magic. Other than transportation, Asta never had a challenge brute force couldn't solve
In a world where magic is used for every basic thing, it means he has to go the extra mile to get anything done. Any person could physically labor but magic is usable by even the lowest peasant. We don't get a volume of him laboring and training but it's not as if he was born a brick house. Adding onto that physical strength without his sword means zero, even low tier mages would be able to restrain him.

It's like someone with a missing limb who has adapted to daily life. Sure they can do most of things you can, but you don't think they're putting in significantly more effort to accomplish it?

The big three was a phenomenon specific to its time. There's no reason it'd continue to be a thing after those manga were no longer in Jump.

The point was that the three together eclipsed everything else Jump was publishing and were elemental to its sales at the time, regardless of each's relative popularity.

Meanwhile in UQ holder the pactios haven’t been used once.

Read the series slowly next time retard, asta fights does who don't want to listen or compromise, there are more devils and demons, he is bitter about not having magic and his anti magic would have been useless without support.

I sure hope you're not arguing that the populace means shit in BNHA.

>Asta fought Solid and Nebra because told Noelle to kill herself.
Bakugou actually told Deku to kill himself in the first chapter I think after burning his hero journal. Deku is just that pathetic.

Toei helped, but it never struck me as the kind of series that could make it big with the battle shonen crowd. It’s like a shonen that’s been sterilized to have none of the fan service, designs, characterization, or convenient wish fulfillment that people love so much.

>Naruto to MHA
Ok kid, let's fucking compare it, but we're going beyond the shallow fucking "WOW KAIJU" point.

>Love interests
You can literally count with ONE HAND how many times Hinata was relevant AND ever spoke to naruto. Love interest goes to MHA, the anime where Uraraka actually has some fucking chemistry and relevance to the plot.

>Rival
Sasuke didn't even look at Naruto until their fight on the hospital, then he gets pissed when Naruto catches up to his skill, so he decides to betraying everybody and leave forever to become irrelevant for eternity while Naruto autistically chases him for no clear reason.

Bacchan is better in every single way. He's skillful but arrogant, he actually develops as a character, he learns more about izuku and becomes more understanding and motivated to challenge his potential. He refused to abandon his tribe and he would rather take on the entire league of villains than to bow and serve them over some inferiority issues.

The entire class if MHA actually develops and stays important to the series and never loses steam. Nobody can remember even a third of narutos classmates, they all became irrelevant by the Shippuden arc excluding Rock Lee.

>Mentor
Jiriya was unequivocally based and was the best character in Naruto, and he had so much more mileage than to be killed off by pain, but his death was handled really well. While he was alive he was great, no question. Kakashi is cool but he was never narutos true mentor, he was always Sasuke's one and only teacher.

without a shadow of a doubt All Might more depth and better chemistry with his students. He isn't characterized by a checklist of tropes, he changes and learns constantly and his close relationship with izuku has far more weight than kakashi ever had with Naruto. All might fills the teacher and father figure role and Naruto never gets a father figure.

Tl;dr MHA corrects all the misteps Naruto has done and shits all over the few golden moments it has.

>Ichigo's human friends are nearly written out and given no character development beyond jobbing right at the beginning of each new arc
>that is wrong
Bull-fucking-shit. Chad is a groundkissing jobber and you fucking know it. Uryu got some good moment but ultimately never won either. Orihime never developed either. She started faithful, ended faithful.

Naruto was shit after chuunin exams, theres no doubt about it
Bleach had art style and that was it

MHA is trash, boring MC and character development
BC is just a new kids naruto

Kimetsu no Yaiba is a bit different, it feels like another swordsman style manga that Jump had I cant remember the name of it though its maybe 6 years old now (young protagonists who had sword style techniques but made new ones throughout the series, all with different weapons I know its a generic trope)

main difference is that the demon hunter one has a better MC and the anime is very visually appealing thats it, theyre all the same fillers for their old counterparts

It just never reaches the same peak that the SS-arc did and has a lot of terrible shit mixed throughout on top of bad pacing. Then the final arc started out strong and turned to dogshit fairly quickly.

Attached: Color Spread 18.jpg (6440x4500, 3.74M)

Is this true? I liked BC for the few eps I watched the anime. Asta is based and all but he's kinda annoying too at the same time

Don't forget Yuuna. It sells like shit but they're just dragging it out until they get another ecchi series to take off. They've tied up pretty much all the plotlines so they could end it almost instantly.

I half expect Yuuna to end up outliving both TPN and KnY.

Attached: 220px-Yuuna_and_the_Haunted_Hot_Springs_volume_1_cover.jpg (220x348, 30K)

>doesn't immediately go for someone's head or strongarm them the moment the conversation goes in a way he doesn't like.
This pretty much never happens.

Pretty much always the villain's like "Are you kidding me? This naive little shit is trying to talk-no-jutsu me? die!" and then the fight goes on

Well they're going to have to replace KnY real soon, it's pretty clear that the story will end soon.

Dragonball, YuYu Hakusho, Slam Dunk

previous gen:

Hokuto no Ken, Jojo, Saint Seiya

Stop talking shit about black clover you clearly only watched the first episode

>butthurt Clovercuck uses that same tired “defence”

My Hero is at odds with its own world. The premise is it's a school and children are training to be super heroes. However this means that we need an elaborate sequence of asspulls every time a villain appears to justify the fact that the supposedly responsible big shot heroes who dominate society are allowing teenagers to endanger themselves. Naruto solves this problem by setting its plot in a war-torn world with limited resources and fighters, so it makes sense that child soldiers would be used.

My Hero overall lacks stakes. Either it's another boring tournament arc with no real sense of weight and consequence (compare any of the exams to the Chunin exam) or if there is a big bad scary moment it's a shoehorned asspull that we had to jump through hoops to get to.

I've read minimal amounts of Black Clover but from what I've seen it has a bit of a pacing issue, fights move too fast and there's also not much driving the plot besides direct combat. I could be wrong.

Ok retard

I think Hori already ruined his work from episode 1. We already know that deku becomes the number one hero at the end of his story, everything else is filler.
I have mo idea where the fuck BC or KnY is going and im just enjoying the ride with those two.

Bleachtard.

I don't think the premise of My Hero was ever able to sustain being turned into a weekly shonen serial. Works as a nice one shot, maybe even a whole arc, but it's not nearly as adaptive to the shonen format as Naruto or One Piece.

I think they did the lore more efficiently
- the society that builds itself around superpowers
- the nine tails ( oFA) that needs to be passed to different hosts

I just think the characters suck and Deku's motivation is pretty bad

Yeah, biggest issue with MHA is that the tone is too cheerful. Everything is casual and happy go lucky wish fulfillment, thus there’s no real stakes or consequences to anything l

>uses the "term" jobber
Retard

Kubo's art takes a huge downturn mainly in Hueco Mundo (he gets better at drawing faces and expressions, but his action is a lot more muddled and less precise than SS)

Characters stop getting satisfying arcs and development and are often forgotten about entirely if they're weak.

Tension is all over the place, such that the Espadas feel vastly outnumbered in the war once the Vizards arrive, so to combat this Kubo just makes Aizen broken, which defeats the entire purpose of him building an Arrancar army to begin with. Why did we spend an entire arc building up the Hollow threat just for Aizen to 'shockingly' reveal he never needed them in the first place?

Speaking of the war it doesn't even feel like a proper battle, like Naruto or One Piece have done successfully. Instead of a full-fledged war it's just eighteen people having isolated battles.

Finally if there's anything inconvenient which might get in the way of Kubo's plot he just outright ignores it rather than addresses it. For example, Aizen would probably have been defeated had Ichigo's dad showed up when the captains were still alive, and why didn't any of the Vizards use their bankais if not against the Espada then against Aizen?

A bonus pet peeve is Arrancar society has so much thematic potential but is never probably explained. Does killing Arrancar purify them, or does it erase their existence? They seem to have regained their identities and humanity, and every time one dies it's made out to be a dramatic deal, yet we never explore whether it's morally right to kill them and purify them or to let them live this kind of new pseudo-second life. Should Nel be killed? Won't her soul never be purified if she remains as she is?

>Saint Seiya
While influential it wasn't a big seller compared to the other WSJ stuff at the time. If anything they had a big 4 during the 80's.

Hokuto No Ken, Jojo, Captain Tsubasa, Kinnikuman

They will find a way to keep it going they won't let such potential go to waste, Kibutsuji's kid or something will hold a grudge.

Lore of Naruto was bretty good imo.

There´s so much bullshit here I dont know where to start. I guess asking for examples of your 2 points is a good place to begin
>the Espadas feel vastly outnumbered in the war once the Vizards arrive
Yet Starrk was stomping 2 vizards captain and was taken out with a backstab. Barragan was unstapable and was taken out by his own powers, and Harribel was handeling 3 opponents
>Why did we spend an entire arc building up the Hollow threat just for Aizen to 'shockingly' reveal he never needed them in the first place?
What Aizen needed was Wonderweiss to neutralize Yama´s fire powers
>Aizen would probably have been defeated had Ichigo's dad showed up when the captains were still alive
Doubthful
>why didn't any of the Vizards use their bankais
We dont know about Love´s but Rose´s and Shinji´s are dangerous to use around their allies
>whether it's morally right to kill them and purify
The ones that were killed died in combat

But even then Naruto rejected the Sage saying Naruto was going to continue the cycle and he actually did end it
what an absolute lad

also, none of these ever reached the craze OP, Naruto or bleach had

>Claiming Chad's not an incompetent failure
I'm done with (You)

He may be but anyone that uses the term "jobber" is still a retard

It's nothing but forced marketing by WSJ. The "big 3" concept is dead. One Piece is massively outselling all these newcomers and will continue to do so till the end of time.

Neji was right the whole time.

>all the villains were right the whole time
fify

Last one

Huh. You're right.
But Neji wasn't a villain, so that means the other villains were the real heroes all along.