Is there genuinely a worse genre of anime/manga than Shoujo??? I really don't believe there is

Is there genuinely a worse genre of anime/manga than Shoujo??? I really don't believe there is.

Attached: shoujo.jpg (660x371, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

formatterfree.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

have you heard of isekai?

The only thing worse than Shoujo is Shoujo Ai.

Shoujo is a demographic, not a genre, you dumbass.
But a lot of shoujo shit is actually great. I'd rather see some cheesy love story than some generic battle shounen shit.

Attached: 1559631046032.jpg (480x550, 32K)

Shoujo isn't a genre, it's a demographic.
There are some shoujo manga/anime that I hate but about half of my favorites are shoujo. Once you've read enough of this stuff you can filter the bad ones from a single episode/chapter/synopsis/image/etc.

>Shoujo
>Genre
Kindly get the fuck out back to facebook, new-niggerfaggot.

Shojo isn't a genre you fucking retard.

I came here to post this.

Also pic related is shoujo too, because the manga was published on a shoujo magazine.
Or do you associate shoujo with 'romance' and 'SoL' only?

Attached: Darker than black wallpaper by jimmyga.jpg (1600x900, 163K)

Still miss amber.

Only one of its spinoffs was in a shoujo magazine (and it wasn't Jet-Black Flower).

It's the first example that came into my mind, point still stands.

Shoe nen

Ignoring that it’s not a genre, you are WRONG
>Isekai
>Harem
>Reverse harem
>Horror
>Sports
>Yaoi
>Yuri
>Romance

>Is there genuinely a worse genre of anime/manga than Shoujo
>Isekai
>Battle shounen
>harem
Yes

>Is there genuinely a worse genre of anime/manga than Shoujo???

Shoujo is either absolutely god awful or apex tier amazing, with most of it being the former.

The target demographic of an anime original isn't changed by the existence of a later manga adaption. Sometimes anime -> manga and manga -> anime adaptions can target a different audience.

>apex tier amazing
Any examples? I've never seen an "amazing" shoujo anime or manga.

Shoujo is bad, but josei is pretty based

>all shoujo are bad and all josei are good
What does it feel like being so simple-minded?

I strongly disagree

Attached: neck.webm (852x480, 2.73M)

I haven't read that in 5 years, is it still good?

Some other times it just depends on which company accepts or reject your manga first; you can try to send it to different magazines with various target demographics and the first one that is sold on the work serializes it, which makes your story aimed at that certain audience. Demographic is only indicative at first, but it means literal nothing in terms of popularity.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about popularity. You can definitely pitch an idea to different magazines but the decision does influence the contents of your manga. If a manga is published in a shoujo mangazine and you don't want to write something that appeals to little girls, either you suck it up and make the changes your editor tells you to, you get it transferred to a different magazine, or you get axed.

There are good shoujo and bad ones like the pic related you posted. No one should ever attempt to make shitty Niconico series into actual shows.

Begone, m*le

>Horror
>Bad
Wrong.

Attached: x1(3).jpg (844x1200, 366K)

What is the difference exactly between shoujo and josei?
Where is the cut off point between the two?

There are a lot manga that I thought was shoujo but was actually josei. Still mad about Honey and Clover

Same as seinen and shonen. Seinen is targeted towards older audiences while shonen is targeted towards younger audiences.

Bet you're a goddamn shounenfag

Fuckin 7th grade edgelords ruining this board

Attached: burn_it_all1.png (293x293, 262K)

Not him but I'd say Cardcaptor Sakura anime and Rose of Versailles manga were both pretty great.

12-sai was kino

Cardcaptor was good, as are a lot of other shoujo anime and manga. I just haven't found anything that gets everything right and reaches the threshold of "amazing".
>Rose of Versailles manga
I thought the manga was decent. I haven't seen the anime but I've heard it's better because of the director.

Does 'kino' have any meaning other than making you look like a drooling retard?

Shut your whore mouth

formatterfree.com

Attached: formatterfree_logo.png (1464x778, 94K)

There's no need for such vitriol, friend. Not towards one who understands the beauty and excellence of the 12-Sai manga.

>Shoujo
>Genre

>the 12-Sai manga.
There's probably a hundred different "12-sai" manga.

OP is shounenshitter faggot, of course

>>Harem
>>Reverse harem
>>Yaoi
>>Yuri
>>Sports
The rest is wrong though modern isekai is shit

>Pretentiously calls someone a drooling retard
>Proceeds to expose their own drooling retardation

Attached: Age_12_cover[1].jpg (250x389, 52K)

There's some good harem series out there. Criminale is one of the first to come to mind

Attached: 1.png (920x1300, 393K)

Why did he bite her neck?

Cause it's hot.

for fuck sake isekai isn't a genre, it's just a setting

It's not a setting, it's just a plot device

Isekai has evolved into a specific terms to indicate a story with recurring elements though.

Seinen>Josei>Shounen>>>>>>>>>>>Shoujo
are we in agreement fellas?????

It has a "not for (you)" deal with it

just the rule 63 of harem and romcoms

I think he's just talking about horror anime

I personally think that harem is ok as long as the author actually goes harem route instead of blue balling the readers till near the end of the series and then making the MC pick up only one girl, that generally is the most boring one is almost all cases.

I don't know what's worse

shoujo or shounen

one doesn't do anything good while the other does everything bad

shounen

>shoujo
>shounen
>isekai
>”genre”
retards

Iyashikei is the worst genre of anime

>muh comfy

The worst part was that the videos were largely drama free, and the worst that could happen was a broken heart. The light novels ruined everything with the love triangle, idol, and mommy issue drama

mushishi is good though

>isekai
>not a genre
die

and it's not iyashikei

it definitely is lol