Asuka had a hard life

Asuka had a hard life.

Attached: 3d3aab16ee8b39a7b1ef6a6355b2448e.png (1100x885, 962K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZHRtZpAyCg
strawpoll.me/18631330
youtu.be/f8UQm3aKgBg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1_NgsC_qY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah yeah
It's a hard life
To be true lovers together
To love and live forever in each others hearts
It's a long hard fight
To learn to care for each other
To trust in one another right from the start
When you're in love

>white women
>hard life

>white
Really nigga

Rei had a far harder life and still can smile wholeheartedly.

Attached: reismile2.jpg (720x480, 47K)

>Rei

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Punished Asuka
A tsundere denied her baka

She's 75% white dumb bitch

>german
>white

Attached: OoA9PUj89uE7Oa5H5w6P0A1tfS_ZKgGEmlWkNgixfcA.jpg (967x544, 62K)

Both her mom and Shinji didn't want her

Attached: 1566375105508.png (1008x567, 251K)

id love to see her reaction if that actually happened

I want Asuka to rape Kaworu in front of Shinji!

Attached: 53863285_p3.jpg (460x570, 142K)

Kaworu is a literal god. He'll squish Asuka and go back to holding Shinji's hand.

Attached: 1561903065932.jpg (480x480, 50K)

Kaworu's entire character in the show was about loving humanity as a whole. He would love Asuka as much as anyone else.

Attached: 53863285_p52.jpg (400x500, 131K)

>loving humanity
Literally says he was born to meet Shinji

Attached: 1519027957351.jpg (1437x1079, 238K)

Because he sees Shinji as an avatar for humanity.

Attached: ED8dJP_U4AIcKqW.jpg (1536x2048, 523K)

So wait, Asuka isn't meant to have aged because of the Evangelion curse or whatever, but if that's the case then why does she look older? Her hair is less lustrous, her eyes are more wrinkled etc/

She's just ugly and near second impact destroyed the makeup industry

>Germans aren't white

Why does everyone gloss over the fact that Kaworu killed billions

Attached: 1563923314134.jpg (400x300, 92K)

Because he's cute

Attached: 235266.jpg (500x600, 60K)

Art direction changed for this movie and she's talking to a gaki. Shinji didn't have a body for all that time and he also comes back with the different shaped face and lines under his eyes when he's screaming about something.

Attached: 1559857569852.jpg (1920x816, 193K)

>no SoL with Kaworu cutely trying to do normal Lilim things
What's even the point anymore?

Attached: 407ae7af794dc6dea7288588d56717a9.jpg (640x778, 121K)

they're not. Neither are Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, or Russians.

Nigga I know I'm white, fuck off.

> She's 14. She barely had a life.

bump, it aint gonna reach 500+ posts by itself

Reminder that Asuka is a cuckquean

Attached: 1541495041947.webm (1440x1080, 873K)

Desperate

Why cant modern tsunderes be as interesting as her?

Shinji and Asuka went through more traumas in 14 years than most people go through over the course of their entire lives.

Proof that Asuka threads can only survive by the same 5 fags bumping it over and over, otherwise they quickly die.

What does that say about Rei threads, that don't survive at all?

What scene is this from. I have only watched the tv series and EoE and I dont remember this

Reifags don't need to spam threads every day because they aren't insecure about their choice in waifu, unlike you losers.

How dare you. She doesnt need to share

Attached: 1559966435511.gif (500x211, 550K)

Boooo

Attached: D2ITuwYz6n6fRIV3ZuW5pu4SzkOQgZqJCGByMX6_HPo.jpg (2468x4138, 900K)

IIRC it's one of the Director's Cut episodes. Which you should have watched, as they take canon precedence over the normal episodes

Attached: 1544356318529.webm (1440x1080, 1.51M)

So that's what you tell yourself at night to justify nobody caring about her.

Their only trauma are a dead mom and a dad that din't love them enough.

All of Japan isn't nobody.

Attached: Rei wins.jpg (1280x905, 217K)

But that's exactly what happens in each thread. Shame, I like Rei too

Attached: 1567748363778.jpg (640x690, 94K)

>gif
Have a webbum

Attached: 1541611172246.webm (960x540, 2.3M)

Woah, thanks. That was quick

Attached: hIE1353394397.jpg (768x1200, 132K)

Was Rei really that popular?

The older designs for Asuka and Rei are way better.

Attached: Souryuu.Asuka.Langley.full.2054.jpg (576x756, 59K)

Reifags only live in the past, I see.

Is that the shit on netflix or do I need to go poke around some random site to find them

She was willing to share Kaji

Attached: well shit.jpg (1280x800, 215K)

>random site
Nyaa should suffice. I don't know what's on Netflix

Attached: 1533608124235.gif (540x367, 2.8M)

>streaming

Attached: 1551498718153.webm (1440x1080, 2.38M)

Kaji looks like a cardboard cutout.

I don't know how to fit in here, but I'll admit I'm a fucking half black gaijin. I actually came to the board looking for discussion about kakegurui but seeing eva I had to stop in. I'll check Nyaa, at least I'm aware of it already even if I haven't used it yet.

She's #1 in the present, too.

Attached: a_2015.jpg (651x530, 81K)

>Present

Yes, 2015 is the present.

When was she? Or is this just bait?

Damn, never noticed Shinji was looking at Asuka. Wonder if he wanted to make her jealous

Attached: 1568163523000.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

Nips have the superior taste. Westerfags shouldn't have freedom of speech.

Stay mad dollfag

Attached: 1487114230694.webm (1360x768, 2.03M)

She kept pursuing Kaji even after knowing he slept with Misato

Yeah, but so did everybody. It's not really an excuse for being such a cunt.

Being toilett is hard.
Nevertheless, the retard doesn't know what a smile is, he was just imitating Shinji. Her emotional development is lesser than that of a fucking dog.

I don't like the art of 3. It really sucks. And that was the best thing from the first 2 movies.

>Asuka had a hard life.
Only because she's a crazy bitch and chose to have a hard life.

Could just say fuck it and not pilot, she'd be fine.

Oh, yeah, her mother confused her with a doll and then killed herself. She'd be totally fine, what an easy life it is when that happens to you as a kid.
Fucking retard.

People across the world are fine with tougher shit than this they get over stuff.

She needed a chill pill and to stop trying to prove something to the dead people, that's just unproductive.

Based
Cringe

Attached: 863-8633411_neon-genesis-evangelion-evangelion-nge-rei-ayanami-neon.png (460x740, 455K)

That's not the same thing at all

Attached: 1567773988193.png (324x356, 152K)

Cope.

Fuck... I bought the wrong set

Well it does not help she never got to discuss with other people as a child and closed herself off.

did... gendo spoil rei

Asuka is for denying her love and affection!

Attached: 1568238899758.jpg (440x481, 69K)

>Asuka still wants Shinji to man up and be hers after everything that happened in the past few episodes.

Tbh it's pretty surprising that even this far into the show Asuka still wanted that Ikari dick

based speedwatcher

Somehow the freckles make her cuter.

Freckles are always cute.

Ayanami is far superior!

Attached: AD005.png (640x480, 292K)

This is when I realized she is the worst written character in the show

Rei is worst girl

Attached: tenor.gif (220x213, 195K)

Watch the very next scene. She is just taunting him there, she no longer wants him.

She's extremely well written. Just because she has an emotional crush for a boy she spent months of time with doesn't make it any less well written

Because he tried using her. She still wants him but not like that

>she still wants him
Nah. She says she'd rather die than be with him.

She moved to Tokyo in late September, she'd only known him for 2 months. It's not well written at all because we're given no reason for why she would like him. It comes off really forced and shits on her entire character because she doesn't have much else outside of that. Unlike Rei and Misato.

The entire point was she rejected him because he came at her hoping to get something out of her and as payback for his own 'rejection' from earlier.
She admits she wants all of him but he has to be genuine and reciprocate affection which he fails to do, and thus payback.

You have a very weird surface level approach to this scene.

Out of anger of course. She tells him she wants all of him in this scene

>Asuka wants Shinji to not be Shinji
and people say she loves him?

Asukashippers don't seem to understand that if you spend all your time trying to force someone to be something they're not, then you don't love them at all.

Doesn't she literally say that in Shinji's mental hell where every person he knows is rejecting him and berating him? If it is then it's literally irrelevant since it's a manifestation of Shinji's deepest fears in his own head.

She says she wants nothing from him at all.
It'd be impossible for her to want all of him when she doesn't even like who he is as a person.

Most people say they were attracted to each other, not loved each other. Thinking two 14 year Olds can actually 'love' each other is retarded. The other side that thinks they operate on pure hate for each other are equally stupid

Happy birthday Kaworu, I love you

Attached: file.png (500x358, 318K)

That's not what she says. She says she wants all of him or nothing at all. You dont get her at all desu

>'I want all of you or I don't want any of you at all'
>she says she wants nothing from him at all

Why are you ignoring canon for delusional interpretations? Are you that tumblr retard from earlier threads?

It is you who have an extremely surface level understanding of Asuka.
Even if Shinji's plea in the kitchen was 100% genuine she wouldn't accept. Since she was sick of him at that point.

>replying to obvious bait

Well, at least this thread will last a bit longer

Re-Take and fanfics have poisoned their brains. They just can't accept that Asuka is a broken person who is dependent on others because of being neglected. Asuka is not the perfect girl or someone who will melt in your arms just because you gave her a hug.

kek, Asukafags can't keep their own threads alive and need to rely on Reifags to bring in discussion. No wonder your /c/ threads are ded. Sad!

I haven't read a single fanfic and that's bullshit. You just need to watch the show

Attached: xcjU6x6.jpg (1645x2287, 591K)

All of their threads are shipping discussions, how pathetic.

They never cared about character development or realism. That's why they want Asuka and Shinji to make out in the final Rebuild movie despite having no developed relationship whatsoever.

So you are a reifag? That explains why you dont understand anything

This samefagging is ridiculous, the time between posts are within 5 seconds of each other and you talk exactly the same way in every post.

If you're going to bait at least do it properly.

Reifags in a nutshell, my friend. Happens everywhere. They are the cancer of the fandom.

>Even if Shinji's plea in the kitchen was 100% genuine she wouldn't accept.
Yes because he would have been using her an a crutch and denying any chance of reciprocation which she wanted. The point was never to 'plea' but to show actual care for one another, which both of them are really incapable of doing before EoE ends because of their own insecurities.

They both care for each other but can't act on it and show each other that they are there for them because of how deeply fucked up and insecure they are. I'm guessing you are the same person who thinks that Asuka was 'completely happy and blissful, she realized she didn't need anybody else' when she was alone in the kitchen, right?

The fanbase acts exactly like their waifu.

Attached: NPC.jpg (1080x4000, 636K)

Asuka is DEPENDENT, just like Shinji and Misato. Anno literally spoon feeds it to you.

Attached: mpv-shot0007.jpg (1440x1080, 141K)

I mean you basically have to be crazy to prefer a character with ten seconds of screentime, three lines of dialogue, and one expression to the best girl in all of anime.
It's almost like they only care about Rei because she sits around silently being moe. Which is why she's always been popular in Japan all along and why almost every Reifag only seems to care about Rei II, literally the worst one.

Attached: Asuka smug 2.png (1064x983, 1.55M)

>I'm guessing you are the same person who thinks that Asuka was 'completely happy and blissful, she realized she didn't need anybody else' when she was alone in the kitchen, right?
I am not, she looks miserable at the table, but she also obviously hated Shinji in this moment. All you have to do is listen to her voice.

Stop fighting on Kaworu's birthday
youtube.com/watch?v=TZHRtZpAyCg

Attached: Happy Birthday Kaworu.jpg (600x800, 50K)

>prefer a character with ten seconds of screentime, three lines of dialogue, and one expression
>Reifag only seems to care about Rei II, literally the worst one.
How do you reconcile these statements when Rei I and III have far less screentime, lines and expressions than Rei II?

Nobody in this thread has ever denied this

>He still perpetuates a discussion about which fictional 14yo girl in a 90's chinese cartoon would serve better as a girlfriend.

Attached: AauNxrf.jpg (700x483, 28K)

I can agree here. In this moment she was full of anger and rage at him and let him have it. Shinji made it even worse when he breaks down and tries to use her an emotional tampon instead of actually trying to be a person she can trust and confide in.

I'm positive that Yea Forums will die the moment when this discussion ends.

>people discussing whether they love or hate each other
It's stupid and useless. The entire point of their relationship EoE was they wanted each other throughout the show but their own coping methods, insecurities and selfishness never allowed them to actually reach out and do something for the sake of another or to earn the other's affection. EoE and their scenes in 3I are all about examining that problem between them as the situation comes to a head and pops and they let it all out between each other with all of the normal human barriers down between them. Shinji starts to realize what he has been doing wrong towards the end and the duality of the beach scene shows that there is hope for the two of them to be happy now that they have the capacity to accept themselves, and so (especially in Asuka's case) they may be able to truly accept one another instead of skirting around insecurities and projecting self-hatred.

Who they are post-EoE are completely different than pre-EoE, and their back and forth during the movie is them venting all of their frustrations and anger with impunity.

>I’m not white
Based, I can complain about racism everyday on twitter even so I have a good life

this is the only romance i support

Attached: Gender_cannot_stand_in_the_way_of_love_Shinji_7044 (1).png (365x225, 88K)

strawpoll.me/18631330

Cool story, bro. You want the Sephirotic subs.

Why do you repeat the same thing over and over again like a NPC

>strawpoll
>no Rei I
Absolutely pointless.

>multiple Reis
Faggot Asucuck, there's just one Rei and she's immortal.

Forgot you lolifags had a right to exist, sorry.

All the separate Reis are different characters.

Tell me how they are different, they all act the same

Rei II likes Gendo until her death, Rei III hates Gendo.
First rebuild Rei catch Asuka's slap, while Rei II took it.
Rei Q acts nothing like the other Rei's.

>Rei 2 keeps Gendo's glasses like a treasured possession
>Rei 3/EoE snaps them in half when she realizes what a piece of shit he is

>Rebuild Rei feels all poka poka about Shinji
>Rei Q is merely curious about him

Evathreads and Asukathreads especially are the worst thing on this board. It's the same people discussing the same things over and over again with the exactly same words and pics.

Attached: da1.jpg (400x533, 178K)

Did Rei III hate Gendo because she remember everything about being Rei II and realize he was using her?

>Gendo is Anno's self-insert.
Looking at this pic make it even more obvious.

True.

Attached: Annodab.jpg (375x362, 22K)

>All the separate Reis are different characters.

All the Reis are a progression of one character.
Orcourse an Asukafag wouldn't know what character growth is.

Rei 3 snapped the glasses because she can't remember why does she care about them. It's a memento of a lost memory, they make her cry and she has no idea why, that's why she's frustrated to have lost something important.

Rebuild Rei can go fuck herself
Q isn't even Rei but a retarded Doppelganger.

Attached: 1563625623902.jpg (1078x1080, 128K)

We don't fully know. It is possible that Rei III was able to view Rei II's memories with some emotional detachment and be able to realise Gendo's motive.

All the separate Reis are separate characters retard. How the fuck does Rei I progress into the doll that is Rei II?

>Did Rei III hate Gendo because she remember everything about being Rei II and realize he was using her?

How?
Gendo never wronged Rei 2, in fact he gave her orders to retreat and she chose to blow up for Shinji's sake. Why would she flip so suddenly?

Rei 3 broke the glasses because it was a bitter reminder about lost memory and feelings. She could feel they were important but didn' know why. So she chose to get rid of them.

She seems to cares about Shinji, and also Kaworu, using her power to reach terminal dogma and watch.

Rei II isn't a doll.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 22' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][82842B04].mkv_snapshot_11.43.562. (1440x1080, 198K)

By being murdered and growing up fuckface, how else?

Alt Rei from episode 26 is what Rei would naturally be without all this grimdark shit around her.
But considering her circumstances she became this grim brooding loner girl.

>Gendo never wronged Rei 2, in fact he gave her orders to retreat and she chose to blow up for Shinji's sake. Why would she flip so suddenly?
>
>Rei 3 broke the glasses because it was a bitter reminder about lost memory and feelings. She could feel they were important but didn' know why. So she chose to get rid of them.
If that was true she wouldn't have betrayed Gendo in EoE.

>By being murdered and growing up fuckface, how else?

How exactly does one grow up after being murdered, fuckwit?

By that point she remembers that she's Lilith and Kaworu is Adam, so they're technically siblings

Attached: Lilith and Adam.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

By having hundreds of bodies that ones soul can get transferred into.
Did you even watch the show?

By being a homunculus animated with an immortal soul of Lilith.

Rei is literally an artificial Jesus in NGE.
She's the god in human body.

Attached: 69777348_124626035535682_1448842884211384837_n.jpg (552x516, 59K)

>Asukafags don't understand basic plot points and basic character development
Shocking.

No, moron. Growing up implies a continuity of memory. I doubt Gendo would allow the memory of Rei being murdered to remain in the mind of a new clone. That would almost certainly cause some severe psychological trauma.

>That would almost certainly cause some severe psychological trauma
Yeah, Rei II really showcases peak mental health.

Except that she's not forced to cares about Kaworu, it's like he pretty much helped her to reveal her power and understand everything about what is happening.

Gendo doesn't want her so fucked up she can't perform, though.

Or Kaworu is just a nice guy that is easy to like.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - 24' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][25378AB4].mkv_snapshot_20.45.217. (1440x1080, 173K)

>If that was true she wouldn't have betrayed Gendo in EoE.

Rei has nothing against Gendo at that point.
But when shit hit the fan she chose to help Shinji rather than Gendo.

Maybe she didn't like his intentions, maybe she just cared about Shinji more but Rei 3 has no obvious reason to suddenly hate Gendo. Maybe she forgot how she loved him, that's unclear.

Attached: 05-TheySmile.jpg (864x486, 56K)

Rei already sees herself as entirely replaceable, she is borderline suicidal at times. I think she could still preform with the memory of being strangled.

But maybe Gendo is not aware at all that her memories remains because Rei simply never tell him about that?

Just because she's a broken person doesn't mean their relationship couldn't work out

She has also no reasons at all to like Shinji and she chosed him over Gendo, feeling concerned by him, it's fucking obvious that she has something against Gendo.

Gendo didn't actively mistreat Rei. But she was just a pawn to him that he used. Perhaps this is what she realised.
Or she realised what an awful upbringing he had given her.
>But when shit hit the fan she chose to help Shinji rather than Gendo.
She also decapitates his arm. And stand and watch as he gets eaten by Unit-01.

Then don't click on them

For all we know Rei 2 knew she was Rei 2, because Rei 3 figured she was the third.

And Rei also waited to die because Gendo told her that she is Lilith and this existence is fake and temporary.
That's why she chose to be a sad loner. She chose not to get attached to this fake life.

Gendo wasn't a great parent, but he didn't have any ill intentions. He was just a big Shinji.

Attached: Hm33W0VNZYM.png (700x900, 1.14M)

>Gendo told her that she is Lilith
No evidences about that, it's more like Rei is discovering her true nature and Kaworu was basically the final redpill.

>She has also no reasons at all to like Shinji and she chosed him over Gendo, feeling concerned by him, it's fucking obvious that she has something against Gendo.

Shinji came to the hospital and demonstrated that he cared about her. Maybe Gendo didn't.
We don't know the exact point of her memory backup.

He loved her as a Daughter he's just a terrible father.
He did open the can for her, was taking her to dinners and spent the time he could with her.

He probably would spend time with Shinji too but he felt too guilty to show his face to him.

Gendo wasn't a super villain, he was just a big sad Shinji who was afraid of his own son.

>No evidences about that, it's more like Rei is discovering her true nature and Kaworu was basically the final redpill.

Her monologue in episode 25.
Rei knew she was a vessel for Lilith all along so she literally said she was just waiting her life out rather than getting attached to it.

>was taking her to dinners and spent the time he could with her
That was the rebuilds were he was even more manipulative. And was actively trying to get Rei and Shinji together so Shinji would trigger 3rd impact.

All you have to do is just watch her living arrangement and her own self-worth to see she had a shitty childhood.

>She also decapitates his arm

She was meant to do that. That's why he put his hand in there, that's how she combined with Adam that was in his hand.

>And stand and watch as he gets eaten by Unit-01.
That was between him and Yui, he finally got to meet her again, just what he wanteed.

He chose that because he was guilty and deserved that,

>That was the rebuilds

No i'm only talking NGE.

This picture is Gendo inviting Rei to go eat together.
Rei also was in the flying helicopter thing when Gendo met Shinji at the Yui's grave.

All that happened in the original NGE.

She realizes she's Lilith and recognizes Kaworu is Adam (technically her brother) which is why she goes to see him and looks sad as he turns up to smile at her before he dies. They were never enemies, it was the evil workings of SEELE and Gendo that forced their children to fight each other.

Attached: Danbo59784.jpg (800x515, 302K)

In the grand scheme of things Adam and Lilith are mortal enemies, only one can have the planet.

It's kinda hilarious how unaware was Asuka about others having a hard life though. Remember the infamous magma episode? It started with Asuka buying a swimsuit with Kaji and then she asked him if he had school trips too but Kaji replied that he didn't. When Asuka asked why, Kaji said for a little thing called the Second Impact. I guess her suffering made her extremely narcissistic and self-centered while Shinji is constantly worried of hurting other people's feelings.

Attached: Asuka_honest.gif (250x350, 31K)

Not true, seeds of life were never designed to exist on the same planet. If two of them did like on Earth, then the lance of longinus would make one of them unconscious.
So they were never designed to fight each other, it is not in their nature to see each other as enemies which is why Kaworu and Rei seem to be on good terms.

Attached: blip.png (500x399, 17K)

Based.

Attached: CYH2RiYWwAAEfJ7.png (1200x672, 854K)

>She was meant to do that. That's why he put his hand in there
She definitely wasn't. All you have to do is look at Gendo's surprised face. He ask her why when she takes his arm. Whatever Gendo was planning, losing his arm was not part of the plan.
>That was between him and Yui, he finally got to meet her again
He even says
>so this is my punishment
He isn't going to instrumentality. That is why we see his solid legs instead of the orange liquid like for everyone else. It is also why we never see him during instrumentality.

Attached: [Sephirotic] Evangelion - The End of Evangelion - 26' [MULTI][BD 1080p 8bits 5.1 AAC][84BEB803] (1920x1080, 329K)

>This picture is Gendo inviting Rei to go eat together.
How do you know that? We don't hear their dialogue.
>Rei also was in the flying helicopter thing when Gendo met Shinji at the Yui's grave.
And what is that supposed to show according to you?

>How do you know that? We don't hear their dialogue.
I'm pretty sure we do
>And what is that supposed to show according to you?
That he spends free time with her.

>Whatever Gendo was planning, losing his arm was not part of the plan.

He had Adam in his hand and put it in her, that's weird shit, i have no idea how was that supposed to work maybe he expected to merge with her entirely.

>I'm pretty sure we do
We don't, just rewatch the scene. The only dialogue is some technobabble from speakers.
>That he spends free time with her.
I never really seen Gendo as a guy with free time. I have always just seen it as he is keeping her around because she reminds him of Yui.

Remind me the episode and approximate time.

Episode 5 about 10 minutes in.

Weird.
Maybe it was in the BD release, or in rebuild, or manga.

I'm sure It's been somewhere.

Post fanfics?

About what?

Good Asuka/Shinji ones.

Assuming you read Re-Take?

Yeah.

There are no good fanfics.
That is why they are fanfics and not original works.

>decapitates his arm

Attached: 1566696747596.jpg (518x421, 30K)

>Asuka/Shinji
>good
A paradox.

Attached: ship.jpg (1072x1481, 191K)

Attached: well_cultured.jpg (680x383, 29K)

>SK fans

Faggots.

Attached: cromartie-high-school-hayashida-kamiyama_zps925ec30d-rs.jpg (92x100, 6K)

>SK
It's called Kawoshin you zoomer

Attached: EDvqqMqUYAApj6C.jpg (776x334, 54K)

Still doesn't negate the faggotry.

Kaworu/Shinji is the best because you have the choice of portraying them as friends, brothers, the same person, or lovers and they're all technically correct to the canon. But you can't with the other ships because Shinji is always uncomfortable and awkward around them.

Yeah, she should have defenestrated him from a roof.

Slut

Yes

Attached: acyka.jpg (1000x1000, 131K)

Dont lie, you'd a kaworu

Attached: b1dd186e272dd9af15abfffaa4273ded.jpg (530x651, 170K)

Official male tier list:
Toji > Kaji > Shinji > Kensuke > Kaworu > Gendo > Fuyutski

Official female tier list:
Asuka >= Misato > Hikari > Rei > Ritsuko

Don't debate me because this is already established

Attached: 152874428333.jpg (1440x1080, 235K)

based

Attached: 1545503635206.jpg (393x408, 26K)

I don't even like Kaworu but he should be above Kensuke, that guy was a dick to toji and shinji after they got chosen as pilots

Because I'm right

No, you just start screeching like a baby whenever you're proven wrong

You have to be a delusional brainlet or shipperfag to think anything else so blow it out your ass retard

I think you're right :)

See what I mean? Baby goo ga.

Congratulations you have above room temperature IQ!

I know you're baiting or retarded but I'm genuinely curious as to what you disagree with in that summation now.

Attached: znYPGVB60_odHO2-Tls_t2p4qnonJqbbV3BkIBcLhvo.jpg (430x462, 21K)

People who have suffered don't necessarily become empathetic towards others. They'll often compare how hard the other has suffered compared to them. Kind of a disappointment really when i learned this.

Toji is like some sensitive chad. Too bad they did nothing with him afterwards. Yet they introduced some retarded bitch in the rebuild 1 or 2. What the fuck were they thinking.

Tits and glasses.
Also lesbianism.

Attached: dYXyuj6.jpg (500x731, 177K)

Producer mandate.

Mari was introduced in Rebuild 2. Though you can tell they already had some plans for her existing in Rebuild 1 since Sachiel was now the 4th angel instead of the 3rd.

>Asuka had a hard life.
I wanna give her my hard cock and then have Shinji clean her pussy juices off it for me.

That's why you are alone

You can read angel days. Asuka also wins there iirc

Have you read Genocide by Rommel?

Orchestrating the Silence is really good, actually takes into account their problems with themselves and frustrations over each other.

I'm divided between wanting her and Shinji to finally get over their problems with themselves and help each other grow vs me wanting to take her for myself and get her into lifting, muay thai and bjj so we can come home sweaty from the gym and have unprotected loving missionary sex

I love Rei
youtu.be/f8UQm3aKgBg

Attached: Rei_Ayanami.jpg (197x300, 30K)

I like both rei and asuka they are equally good

Daily reminder that asuka is a coal burner

Toji does look black enough

Attached: asuka fugs toji.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

More like rice burner
The two guys she wanted to fug were nips

Asianmasculinity cope

Kaji stated she had a bunch of boyfriends in Germany, she's just hopping on the cock carousel

No, he said he was sure she'd have many boyfriends in Japan while blowing her off

He literally said, "I'm sure you'll make many new boyfriends in Japan"
Which means she's been around in Germany.

He could have just assumed

>Mongrel
>having a hard life

Attached: Filthy Mongrel.png (834x818, 226K)

She didn't deny it. Cope more, your waifu a canon slut.

Attached: slut.gif (500x375, 1009K)

Nice quads, but I don't think she was thotting it up in Germany simply because she seems too inexperienced and autistic when it comes to relationships during her stay in Japan
Would someone who was riding the cock carousel really go through with a kiss as shitty as hers and Shinji's. The show also really makes a point to hammer how she's a kid despite trying to seem like she's not

It doesn't matter what you think, he confirmed it in that scene. She goes on a date with a dude she doesn't even know later on and doesn't make a fuss about it because she's done it a million times before. She wasn't even awkward or nervous when kissing Shinji, she knew exactly what to do which proves it wasn't her first time.

There's no way she ever got intimate with anybody with the way Shinji affects her and her general attitude towards relationships. I'm sure she had some dudes wanting her but they all ended up the same as the date she went on with Hikari's sisters friend.

>i-it's not true! i won't accept that she did anything with anyone other than my self-insert!
Listen retard. Kaji confirms himself she had other boyfriends in Germany. Stop denying the canon just because you personally don't like it.
She knew exactly what to do when kissing Shinji, she knew exactly what to do when getting ready for her date which clearly shows she had done those things before.And then she's going on a fuck spree with Toji in the movie.

Anything you say in response to this is just desperate cope and you know it. The canon Asuka is this kind of person and nothing you ever say will change that. Reply with whatever fanwank bullshit you want, you can't change the show and you won't get another reply unless you prove otherwise.

We postin' music now?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1_NgsC_qY

Attached: 9f1.jpg (1738x2400, 728K)

Asukafags straight up denying canon scenes and quotes in the show because it doesn't align with their headcanon.

Attached: 2.png (480x272, 102K)

I never denied she had other boyfriends retard, next time read.

>pic
It's just like these "no way fag" memes, kek
The guy even looks like Leon

>Listen retard. Kaji confirms himself she had other boyfriends in Germany.
That's reaching. We're never shown anything, you're constructing a huge scenario we don't see and we're supposed to believe that in contrast to what we do see (i.e. that she is awkward when it comes to relationships)

She most definitely went on dates with other dudes but never got anywhere emotionally dependent or affectionate like she does with Shinji or Kaji imo. I don't think its crazy to assume somebody that uses others to boost her ego in an attempt to fill that void would go on dates with boys who found her cute.

The guy you are responding to seems to think that just because she had 'boyfriends' before means she already had make out sessions and rode cocks with those guys while the way she acts in intimate situations seems to show otherwise.

Oh you hard??

Duff duff duff duff duff

This is asuka and hikari after the fusion dance.

What's their power level?

At least she has the cutest and most canon relationship ever

Attached: 1556697471112.png (864x648, 789K)

Too bad there will never be an animated part showing what happens after EoE where they can actually be honest with their feelings and emotions instead of autistically hiding them behind a veil of insecurity

Please don't remind me

Life had a hard Asuka.

Because that isn't what would happen.

It's hard to say how they have grown after instrumentality. Asuka caressing Shini's face is an unusual gesture for her, so something has to have changed
At the very least how they feel for each other is no longer a secret, even if it's mostly lust

Attached: 1551548267749.jpg (211x173, 13K)

I don't think Shinji grew that much as a person, outside that he might no longer want everyone to die.

Literally no way to know for sure, although they showed signs of growth on the beach so it's likely that they will continue to grow and change for the better, especially since the entire ending message is naturally tied in with hope and a need for humans to try and connect despite how much it may hurt at times.

If Shinji did not change as a person then he would have never left Instrumentality.

Shinji rejecting Instrumentality, an easy out, and choosing to come back to reality is extreme growth as an individual. It's basically admitting to himself that he was in fact afraid of rejection and human ambiguity, and him specifically choosing to live with it.
Him reverting at the end just shows us that even though they now have the capability to grow as people, the path they take is still going to be full of pain and ambiguity, and they still may fall victim to their insecurities along the way. Instrumentality wasn't a straight fix, but it was more of the beginning of a new arc for their individual growth as characters.

Why wouldn't that happen? After instrumentality they both know everything about each other. Also they're the only two people there so they have to get along with each other

Or he was just running away again.

What is he running away from? If he wanted to run away he would have stayed in instrumentality?

>Abusive
Bully is the purest form of expressing love

Asuka is a lonely, emotionally-stunted, rage-a-holic with an inferiority complex.

As in running away from something he didn't like? What else was he supposed to do? He realized he made a huge fuckup and he wants to live in the real world with people he genuinely cares about, so he rejects Instrumentality and gives everybody an opportunity to return.

How could he 'reject' his mistake of choosing Instrumentality besides running away from it, so to speak?

>Why wouldn't that happen?
Because instrumentality didn't fix their underlining problem. At best it just made it apparent to them what it was, (if we go by the TV ending, but EoE might be different).
>After instrumentality they both know everything about each other
They knew everything the moment they left instrumentality, but humans constantly change so that won't last long.

From the scary experience that is the combined consciousness of humanity.

>Because instrumentality didn't fix their underlining problem. At best it just made it apparent to them what it was
We already see signs of change when Asuka caresses Shinji in acceptance instead of rejecting him with violence. Obviously it's not 100% canon that they will choose to pursue that growth and better themselves and form a long-lasting relationship, but since the ending has 'hope' and the importance of interpersonal relationships as big motiffs I'd be surprised if it ran any other way.

You guys, I really want to be raped by asuka...
Imagine her crawling on top of you in the middle of the night and putting a knife to your throat...
Imagine her groping you and pressing her knife against your throat when you try to resist...
Imagine her venting about how frustrating it is that you won't make the first move and how annoyed she is that she has to go this far...
Imagine her giving you an ultimatum where either you make love to her or you get your throat flayed open...

Ok Shinji

One thing that happened multiple times in the TV show, though, was that a character would get positive developement only to then revert back, sometimes ending up worse, to how they were before. So it is very possible this persists after EoE.

based

Attached: 1549757141308.gif (500x350, 1.3M)

I once had an idea for fic in which Asuka found Misato's gun and used it to dom Shinji and make him do things to her
If only I was a writefag

Wait are you implying that Mari is an Angel? Because everyone else keeps saying she's Shinji and Asuka's daughter.

Attached: 1568235248023.jpg (500x697, 160K)

No I am not, in Rebuild 2 she fights the new 3rd angel. So it is possible that her fight with the 3rd angel was planned around the time the first Rebuild movie happened. Since Sachiel was now the 4th angel.

That only ever happened because of the absolute bullshit circumstances they went through after around Episode 16 or so completely wrecking their relationships with the entire cast. Plus we never see anything as profound in TV as Asuka openly showing care or affection towards Shinji since it completely opposed her own insecurities and Shinji openly rejecting the easy out, which he was pining for the entire show.

If Shinji and Asuka can show such profound change during and after 3I as shown in EoE, especially with all the motiffs presented in it, I think the future is hopeful. I'm sure they will still get into bouts and arguments but their will to change and grow as people and friends, or something more, will outshine it after the dust settles.

>Latter half of the series when things start going to shit
>People start cutting ties or going crazy, leaving the two MC's feeling hopeless
>Even Pen Pen hauled some ass

Did he make it, bros?

Attached: Yup, NGE was a good show.jpg (500x707, 174K)

I could think of 100 characters with a harder life asucuck

>Plus we never see anything as profound in TV as Asuka openly showing care or affection towards Shinji
Except for the kiss.
>Shinji openly rejecting the easy out
Rejecting instrumentality is an easy way out from Shinji’s perspective. There was nothing there he liked so why wouldn’t he reject it.
And Shinji does reject the easy way out in the show twice when he is given the option to stop piloting the Eva and leave Tokyo-3 he chooses to stay both times.

3rd Angel has it's own stuff, too, that might only be in there to theorybait and won't get followed up. Kaji describes it as being recovered from permafrost before it woke up and experimentation to kill it that only reduced it to living bones, and Anno's notes on his concept cold call the thing stuck into the neck a proto entry plug. This could have started before 2nd Impact.

Attached: 1553017039649.jpg (690x600, 50K)

The kiss wasn't open at all. She was hiding behind a humongous layer of deniability and 'boredom' to hide her true intentions. Her caress was completely unambiguous and direct with no ulterior motive, one of the very first successful communications they had in the entire show.

>Rejecting instrumentality is an easy way out from Shinji’s perspective.
Sure, but he first had to come to the realization that he didn't want to run away from reality anymore and he wanted to make meaningful connections with his friends. He wanted to give life a try so that he could find hope and love. He was presented with a choice and he chose life and suffering instead of Thanatos or nothingness.
What else was he supposed to do after making this realization? Just accept the end of the world when he had the power to change it and choose life because it would be considered 'running away' again?

Though I might also argue that not leaving Tokyo-3 was the easy way out for Shinji.

Just because you had a hard life doesn't give you an excuse to treat your co-worker like shit and act like a cunt.

>Kaji describes it as being recovered from permafrost before it woke up and experimentation to kill it that only reduced it to living bones
Oh, that's neat. I wonder what form it held before being reduced to a vertebrae.

Attached: 1567837501941.jpg (1518x2048, 259K)

I am curious how a angel got stuck in permafrost.

She had an extremely shit life and shes 14 I think she has that excuse plus she didn't even treat Shinji THAT badly

Wait is it really his birthday today? Fuck, it's my birthday today.

>The kiss wasn't open at all
I think Shinji is one of the few people in the world that would fail to realize the intentions behind that kiss.
>direct with no ulterior motive
Apart from the fact that Shinji was currently trying to kill her and that made him stop.
>What else was he supposed to do after making this realization?
My point is that framing Shinji rejecting instrumentality as a ultimate rejection of the running away mentality is disingenuous when instrumentality was never really framed as something Shinji wanted. Instrumentality or anything like it was never Shinji’s wish it was Gendo’s and SEELE’s wish. Even Shinji’s wish that Rei responded to when she started third impact was that he wished everyone just died.

She had 1 shitty event happen in her life, the rest of it seems to have been pretty great for her until shit started tumbling down in the show.

Boredom, until it decided to sleep in place, while the world around it changed.
At least that'd be my headcanon on it.

Attached: 1567730148623.jpg (1200x1062, 401K)

Well the one shitty thing in her life was pretty severe and would probably mess up anybody.

>She had an extremely shit life and shes 14 I think she has that excuse plus she didn't even treat Shinji THAT badly

Gee what part of her behavior has aged better? The female-on-male violence or the sexual harassment?

>I think Shinji is one of the few people in the world that would fail to realize the intentions behind that kiss.
Doubtful. They are 14. When a girl is constantly berating you and straight up tells you she is just doing it because she is 'bored' some may be inclined to believe it, especially if you already have bad insecurities and self-doubts.

>Apart from the fact that Shinji was currently trying to kill her and that made him stop.
I'm not saying part of it wasn't to make him stop and get a grip, but she could have chosen any other way to react. Whether it be violently or rash, pushing him off, anything to preserve her sense of pride and ego. Instead she chose acceptance. It was an apology, an extension of acceptance and a plea to stop all in one. On top of this her showing acceptance towards Shinji, who is a literal mirror into her actual person which she represses and hates, is indicative of the possibility of acceptance for herself.

>My point is that framing Shinji rejecting instrumentality as a ultimate rejection of the running away mentality is disingenuous when instrumentality was never really framed as something Shinji wanted.
As you said, his wish was a return to nothingness free of pain and suffering. In reality, he could temporarily escape from it by running away from the Eva or being avoidant, but he would still suffer as part of the human condition. In 3I, he will never have to suffer again and can experience the rest of his existence completely pain free. Instead he rejects the epitome of escapism to return the a life full of pain and suffering, but also on which could bring about genuine happiness and love.

>Apart from the fact that Shinji was currently trying to kill her and that made him stop.

Who the hell would caress the face of the person trying to kill her in an attempt at stopping them?

>his wish was a return to nothingness free of pain and suffering
At best his wish was to live in a world devoid of other humans, at worst he wanted to mass suicide alongside the rest of the world.
And I am not sure which part of Shinji’s character wished for a world free of pain and suffering.

someone making a disingenuous argument in an autistic eva thread

The realization that existence is pointless and all of the human race other than the two of them is dead

It worked, didn’t it.
They had both recently left instrumentality Asuka would know at that point what would make him the most likely to stop.

It is also possible that she simply accept her death in that moment I guess.

She would have stayed in instrumentality if she thought that way

By that logic Shinji wouldn't have choked her since he knew she would carress his face

His entire character is developed and revolves around not wanting to get hurt or rejected since the very start my man.

As I said above, it was an apology, plea to stop and legitimate sign of affection all wrapped up into a nice little package. She could have physically pushed him off or acted out to save her pride like she would have done pre-EoE, but she chose a different route after finally somewhat accepting herself and understanding Shinji and the pain they caused each other because of their own issues. It's a really telling and broadly meaning gesture.

She had to have the will to live in order to come back though. I dont see why it's so hard to accept Asuka is showing actual care for shinji here

If she accepted death then why caress his face why not just lie there and die?

Fuck off Mr tines

Attached: 9_months_of_pregnancy_sex.jpg (562x393, 69K)

>She would have stayed in instrumentality if she thought that way
She wouldn’t know that Earth would be such a wasteland.

>By that logic Shinji wouldn't have choked her since he knew she would carress his face
He isn’t psychic, just because Asuka understood the best way to make him stop doesn’t mean that is her natural reaction to getting chocked.
I also don’t think Shinj was thinking very logically when he decided to choke her.
It is entirely possible that he anticipated that she would do something to make him stop but he wanted to choke her anyway.

How would she know the Earth is a wasteland? Sure the sea is red and there is a giant Rei face in the ocean. But she just arrived and has not seen much of the world. Plus I doubt the state of the world would be enough for Asuka to lose her will to live so easily.

I still think the best interpretation as to why he choked her is that he wanted to ensure the existence of rejection and pain to ensure this was indeed reality. Also considering he was alone for seemingly a decent amount of time he could have been starting to go a bit crazy and started to doubt existence in general. Trying to look too far into it probably won't get us anywhere since we will never know for sure.

The most important thing in the end scene is the symbolism between the two showing the duality of rejection and acceptance, and the need for human connections.

>She had to have the will to live in order to come back though
As did Shinji yet look at how he acts in that scene.
>If she accepted death then why caress his face why not just lie there and die?
I don’t actually entirely think that is what she was doing, but it is possible that it was meant as an reassurment that he is doing the right thing, which would make her last world make sense. She is calling him disgusting because he didn’t have the balls to kill her.

My 14 year-old brain that I've just been adding layers onto ever since would be inclined to think it was a trick.

Attached: game.webm (1440x1080, 1.36M)

Did you watch the show? The whole point was that you can't understand other people and can be hurt by them. In instrumentality everyone could understand each other so there would be no pain

>evageeks retard that genuinely thinks Asuka wanted Shinji to kill her browses Yea Forums

Man I need to get off this board

>She wouldn’t know that Earth would be such a wasteland.
That's making too much of an assumption. She just found shinji too. Shouldn't that make her more obtimistic?

If Asuka somehow understood shinji enough to know exactly how to stop him I dont see why Shinji wouldn't understand Asuka in the same way.

That idea just doesnt make any real sense and sounds like denial desu

>But she just arrived and has not seen much of the world
It would at the very least look very dead from her perspective.
>enough for Asuka to lose her will to live so easily.
If I had to spend the rest of my life alone with the man that now tried to kill me twice in a desecrated post-apocalyptic world I might also question my will to live.

>And I am not sure which part of Shinji’s character wished for a world free of pain and suffering.
user that is literally Shinji's end goal from the start. His entire persona and coping method is based around reducing or straight up eliminating the possibility of pain and suffering that is gotten from interpersonal relationships.

Shinji has been alone a while and probably just wants to know she is real. I dont think he is suicidal. As far as we know Asuka was just brought back.

I definitely wouldn’t say that was the whole point of the show. The show makes multiple points.

I've always thought that Asuka was still suicidal when she came back from instrumentality, which is why she doesn't stop Shinji from choking her. It doesn't make sense though why she would come back to die. But it could just be as simple as that. She couldn't kill herself in instrumentality so she came back to life to end it for good.

>I don’t actually entirely think that is what she was doing

Well I guess you could say it is the main point.

I meant the point of instrumentality

>Shouldn't that make her more obtimistic?
Not when he then tries to kill her.
>I dont see why Shinji wouldn't understand Asuka in the same way.
As I said, I think Shinji would have strangled her regardless of Asuka’s reaction. So it doesn’t matter what he thought she might have done.

There are far better ways to determine whether or not someone is real than trying to kill them.

Maybe Asuka was cumming while Shinji choked her and caressed his face when she came. Isn't that also possible?

Attached: 1568406537739.jpg (1280x1796, 1.16M)

It was about establishing the existence of pain/rejection moreso than if the entity of 'asuka' was real, if that makes sense. Plus it is thematically and visually appalling so that may be a reason too

Absolutely. Instrumentality awakened her taste for ryona

Attached: 1488480272725.jpg (736x1128, 114K)

Sure, but at that point Shinji was sick of people in general and might not want to spend all of eternity stuck with them, and it is not like he had the best experience when he got into instrumentality, his first impression would be the voices of those he knew and liked saying how much they no longer want anything to do with him.

Well Asuka being into bdsm is not the strangest theory I have ever heard. This mean obviously the reason she caressed him is because they did come up with a safe word yet.

>It was about establishing the existence of pain/rejection
Then he could have just slapped her.

I think that Shinji choked her because he was afraid and a bit messed up in the head and seeing her brought him back to the last moment they saw each other, the fight they had in the kitchen.
So he just did the same thing he did then.

>Not when he then tries to kill her.
That's not the point. She knows someone is alive so why would the hope of finding others not be there?

>As I said, I think Shinji would have strangled her regardless of Asuka’s reaction. So it doesn’t matter what he thought she might have done.

Good point. Still, I think the idea Asuka understood caressing Shinji was the only reason to stop him is stupid. Hitting him might have worked to depending on the reason you believe Shinji was choking her

It seemed like at the end of the show he could be in his own little world in instrumentality, and with him taking to his mom at the end of EoE it seemed like instrumentality was a pretty nice place to stay

Where's Aoba, you fucking cunt?

Attached: download.jpg (257x196, 7K)

>with him taking to his mom at the end of EoE
That wasn’t instrumentality, he had already rejected it at that point.

I don't see that myself desu. Yes he was crazy and afraid at the time, but I don' see that making him autopilot back to the kitchen to continue where he left off. That just seems like quite a stretch to me.

Yeah he could have slapped her but it wouldn't be nearly as appalling visually nor would it have the same meaning without the callback to the kitchen scene. I think you have to interpret the last scene by assuming that it isn't supposed to be taken 100% literally and a lot of it is presented in a way to showcase themes and symbolism.

You could try it still. What's the worst that could happen?

I was there was more elaboration on what you could achieve with Instrumentality. Because it only felt like everyone would be tanged in the end anyway, despite Gendo or SEELE having all these wishy-washy plans to try and pull shady shit but it didn't seem to matter.

Attached: 519242.jpg (1078x1500, 394K)

I wouldn’t say it was auto pilot, more like seeing her makes him remember the rejection that made him want to end the world. And perhaps he is afraid of her rejecting him again so he chokes her.

Yeah, honestly, I just think Shinji was in shock at seeing another person after an undisclosed amount of time of being alone. He most likely would have stopped at any move that Asuka did. Interpreting the caress singularly as her getting him to stop is pretty nearsighted in my opinion, especially after the heated exchange and understandings they went through with each other in Instrumentality.

If she didn't genuinely show affection for Shinji with the caress that means she never even began to change as a character as she still hasn't obtained the capability for self-love and acceptance.

god no, the last thing something as striking and memorable as instrumentality needed was a bunch of technobabble lore

He gets smug Asukas posted at him.

Attached: 1442542967183.jpg (264x488, 77K)

Ghosts of Evangelion

"The 2nd Try" is a good one.

>Implying that's not what he already wanted

Attached: As01.gif (498x371, 977K)

Why can't we get a Shinji and Asuka happy romance show :(

That seems like more of a reason to post than not to

Attached: zs95tc8p9z631.jpg (320x320, 15K)

It's a possibility no doubt. I know the whole pain/rejection confirmation interpretation is based off of an official Gainax card game so I tend to favor that one over most, especially since to me it makes the most sense considering what Shinji just went through. If he just made the resolution to live life and connect with others, why try to actually kill the first person that comes back? Confirming this is indeed reality and not some trick makes more sense in the context of character motivations in my opinion.
Then again I don't know shit

No smug, fuck faggots

Attached: FAGGOT.png (1009x746, 1.17M)

German, Russians are white too cuz we are европеоиды. You are stupid nigger. Die!

Attached: 1568192527110.png (1000x500, 579K)

Because EoE needs to end ambiguously with a ray of hope instead of showing us them growing up and changing for the better. Considering Anno's motivation for Eva was encouraging faggots to leave the house and stop becoming obsessed with anime, it's kind of strange that he decided to end it with one of the most uninterpretable and ambiguous final half an hour of cinema I've seen. Now people are going to autistically discuss it for years and years. If he just made a little 2 minute epilogue of them moving on and growing, rebuilding as people come back possibly, people would have moved on by now

Yeah his plan really backfired. When I watched that when I was a kid I was more obsessed with it than any other anime, even now I'm still talking about it

>If he just made the resolution to live life and connect with others, why try to actually kill the first person that comes back?
To show that change isn’t that easy. That it is a lot easier to simply regress into ones old self when things gets tough. Shinji made the resolution to live while he was inside the sage space of instrumentality while having a pleasant chat with Rei, then he is once again faced with the reality of the world.
It is the same with Asuka in that scene why have it end with her saying how disgusting after she just showed one of the few moments of acceptance in the show.

A person who’s first reaction to seeing another living person, who was also their friend for months, in that situation is to strangle them is not what I would call a person who’s resolute to live and connect with other people.

Having it ambiguous makes it more likely people will actually discuss the meaning of the movie and maybe take it to heart. Had it just been a happily ever after people would just have moved on to the next thing.

I am pretty sure Anno desired for people to come to their own conclusions about the ending. Which is why he left the ending ambiguous.

Completely agreed with the first part but I don't think it goes against the rest of my view. The end purposefully shows the duality of nature with Shinji's rejection via choking to Asuka contrasted with Asuka's counterargument of acceptance. It shows us that although suffering exists the hope for love and happiness makes it worth it.

Considering how fucked up Shinji looked in his eyes during that whole scene I'm sure part of it was just completely illogical because of his mental state. The real reason he did it is probably some conglomerate of all of our own theories as opposed to any one desu.

>What is Angelic Days.

Did they even share a kiss in Angelic Days?

It's better if it's canon though

SIRP may be for you even though it's not specifically about Asuka and it has a inconclusive harem ending

Because as stuff like Ikari Shinji raising project and Angelic days shows, it would be boring, pointless and go against everything that made the show great.

What are some good AxS fics that actually keep in mind the character's personality and inseucurities? I really like Orchestrating the Silence because it felt extremely believable and in character for almost all of the read. I heard 2nd try is good too.

I believe Genocide does a good job keeping them in character.

I don't care about what made the show great. I just want my fantasies watching that show when I was 14 to become canon

Fun thing are fun, user. You can enjoy a spinoff without expecting the quality of the main show

Attached: 1547550040770.webm (638x360, 1.3M)

I got a different story out of Shinji's eyes. He's just lying totally still and wide awake next to a wide awake Asuka, harrowed but briefly excited for a sound in the water, his face falls that little bit seeing it's Rei again, and he sits up to stare at that spot Rei disappeared for a second before he turns on Asuka. Like he's deciding there's not going to be anybody else and he should take care of Asuka before he does himself.

Attached: 1554859540278.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

When you have to change the setting and characters to make it happen what is the point?

You don't entirely change the characters. You change them a bit. Rei becomes an introverted yamato nadeshiko type, Asuka becomes a more generic, less mentally damaged tsundere, etc.

You're not gonna get the depth of the show but you can have fun with the archetypes

For the record, I do prefer when stuff is faithful to TV/EoE, and fanfiction in particular I find unreadable if the characters are even slightly OoC

Attached: 1535352794379.png (640x480, 182K)

Well you wouldn't necessarily have to change the characters. Maybe you could have some time travel or just some happy post EoE stuff

To me that just seems like it totally goes against the point of him leaving instrumentality in the first place

If that is what you want then there are dozens of shows and manga that does just that.
At that point all you are really asking for is one of those shows with an Eva coat of paint.

What is this? Looks fun.

Attached: 1567229270574.jpg (250x322, 48K)

Post-eoe shit isn't far fetched whatsoever and probably more likely to happen than not once the dust settles desu

I have no idea what EoE you watched were what comes after could lead to a happy romance.

Petit Eva. Fun can be had.

Attached: watch shogoki's horn.webm (844x476, 743K)

Too each his own

>Shinji gets his perverseness from his mom

Maybe not super happy, but you could still make a romance out of that

I've never read it personally but maybe Evangelion: R would be one to look into? It's one of those fanfics that has a lot of time and effort put into it, even having a fuckin' soundtrack made for it. Not sure how something like that gets put under the spotlight but goddamn the power of fandom.

I'm sure you've already read Re-Take.

Attached: 1424686738070.png (741x938, 636K)

there are a lot of really shitty fanfics that have a huge amount of effort put into them, even within eva

Suddenly I remember this has bugged me for a minute and I might never be reminded of Petit Eva again. It starts with a line of cute figurines of Eva characters doing cute things, then I think two 4-koma series promoting those toys and those weren't surrealist at all but for what they were originally based off of, then that show, and then an actual baby game for the DS that sold pretty okay because it was the first place Mari's name was revealed. What demographic is even the target?

Attached: 1554722133847.gif (183x173, 150K)

Anymore?

Attached: 1436327780388.jpg (849x361, 89K)

So how does everyone feel about 02 design in Rebuild? Must say I prefer the original but the design in 3.0 has really grown on me not counting the cat transformation

>says 'nigga'
>considers himself white

Did you have a stroke, user?

>Must say I prefer the original but the design in 3.0 has really grown on me not counting the cat transformation

I like how they gave it a quirk. If 01 can casually cause the apocalypse then 02 should be able to go beastmode. Plus everyones plugsuits now come with cat ears for some reason.

Attached: 1567737962826.jpg (615x923, 161K)

not as hard as my dick

the basic eva redesigns were pretty shit, just little tweaks for the sake of change. plus the move to stockier proportions lost the kinda odd emaciated contorted look that evas would often have, and that added an uncanny nature that's missing now. i wanna like the idea of an eva with ugly field repairs on it, but it's kinda cartoonish the way its done in 3. personally i'd like kinda a more stripped out racecar primer grey look, with panels of armor left off or mismatched and that kinda function over form looking thing, i think that would sell the aesthetic a lot more, the way the quick tire patch-looking repairs on her plugsuit do.

though i will say i thought mark 9's giant eye was based as fuck, easily my favorite rebuild design. the 2 tone worked better than solid base colors too imo

The symbolism in this moment is profound. Literally everyone has stabbed him in the heart and the back. Metaphorically and literally.

Ya I like beastmode though I think they went a little overboard with Eva 02 transforming into a cat.

Attached: 1568263752363.gif (500x282, 1M)

looks like shit, the lighting especially

I like the maw of gross needle teeth opening all the way to the neck. Like that was always there and they had limiters threaded through its muscles and bones to make it civilized. Wish it kept how 02's head used to slide apart to expose its natural eyes.

Attached: 1548868947756.jpg (2800x1700, 663K)

Lame as fuck, especially those sparse needle-like teeth.

>Must say I prefer the original but the design in 3.0 has really grown on me not counting the cat transformation

If only the movie itself wasn't trash

Does anyone here still have any real hopes for Rebuild 4?
They took 3 movies to come up with an incoherent, thematically stunted mess, I doubt another 2 hours of footage (and more Mari) can salvage the project. They will probably leave 99% of questions unanswered, no doubt trying to channel the mysterious, unexplained "ethos" of the original series but failing. Because this time around nobody cares about the minutia of the plot

Attached: 1484433214438.png (1000x950, 1.08M)

I hope Misato and asuka die for their frankly cruel treatment of shinji. Anything else can happen and I wouldn't care. But that is nonnegotiable

Was Rebuild 3.0 a mistake? Genuinely do you think they should have gone in a different direction? I for one wish the show wasn't just a metaphor for how otakus act.

>He says, while posting Misluto, Whore Queen of Electra Complexes.

>Misluto
>not Misathot

It'll probably end on a bad note. Mainly left ambiguous or a cliffhanger, leaving it open for another show to take the helm.

Attached: 1472470370547.jpg (1920x1080, 540K)

It was Game of thrones season 8 levels of mishandling/mangling of preestablished plot lines

>still can smile wholeheartedly.
Pretty sure she just smiled because Shinji told her too. Before that she didn't know what to do.

I imagined it was an attempt to break away from the narrative path the first two Rebuilds were going through; break them away from simply being streamlined remakes. How he ended up doing that was a little bad. For instance I wouldn't have minded staying in the Wunder longer than what we got, because pacing afterwards stopped to halt until him and Kaworu got in the Eva.

Anyone else get Blue Sub 6 vibes while they all chilled in the ship?

Attached: 1566707479978.png (967x544, 527K)

Keep calm and read Re-Take.

>Her hair is less lustrous, her eyes are more wrinkled etc/

She might not age, but a 14 year old constantly over stressed and over worked in a completely destroyed world surely takes a toll.

>cute and canon
Considering these threads are always about you guys asking for fanfics and doujins and complaining about how ambiguous the show was, I know even you don't believe that.

The rebuilds themselves are a mistake. 3.33 is the only one worth anything at all.

>asukafags crying for a Asuka/Shinji romance show
>kaworufags get canon romance on screen in the show and a full movie pandering to them
Feels good man.

Attached: Laughing Homos.jpg (670x510, 382K)

Attached: 1568264091209.png (1280x1120, 370K)