Shin Sakura Taisen Anime Announced

twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1172390444283527170

Attached: EEUrr7BUwAAQu3C.jpg (740x1040, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MH6JCb4LaPI&feature=youtu.be
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7575
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7202
youtube.com/watch?v=7bSf5JTXzak
games.sega.com/sakurawars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=MH6JCb4LaPI&feature=youtu.be

Staff

Director: Manabu Ono

Series Composition: Manabu Ono, Tatsuhiko Urahata

Music: Kouhei Tanaka

Studio: Sanzigen (The people making Bang Dream S2 and S3)

>CG

>seeing delicious kubo girls animated once again
>it's cg
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well that was fast

CG is a bit worrying, but they've been doing a decent job with Bang Dream, so it will still be alright. Kubo deserved 2D animation though.

It was kind of expected that it would be 3DCG, Sanzigen is behind the anime scenes in the game, and almost all of the promotion art has been in 3D. It like SEGA is avoiding using 2D as much as possible.

So it's Bleach but CG.

Attached: 1456008517588.gif (192x224, 51K)

>new Sakura taisen anime
What is up with Sega?

Redemption arc.

Shining Force 4 soon.
Jet Set Radio 3 soon.
Virtua Fighter 6 soon.

>Redemption arc
People said that with Capcom I'm not falling for that shit again

I didn't know that, but it makes sense. They did all the MV for the Bang Dream games, and then were given the anime to animate, so it makes sense.

I really don't like CG mecha battles and especially CG idol performances, but I know Sega was never going to cough up the money to make both those things in 2D, so it's fine I guess.

Sh-shut up! I want to hope.
I just want Shining Force 4 mate. That's all I ask. That's the one series I'd like revived.

Capcom has redeemed itself though

The new RE game proves otherwise.

This is OG Sakura now

Attached: 1568254848765.jpg (640x360, 51K)

>Shining Force 4 soon.
>Jet Set Radio 3 soon.
>Virtua Fighter 6 soon.
prove it. Bait post until otherwise.

Those are just my hopes and dreams.

These are the main girls of New Sakura War

Attached: 1568354766083.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

>senbonzakura themed getsuga tenshous

Attached: 1272565925354.jpg (554x439, 106K)

>Sanzigen also handled the anime cut-ins for the game
I legit thought those were 2D animation.

>the stage performance part should have been the best-suited part for 3DCG but it looks the worst in the trailer
Wtf Sanzigen.

Oh god is this Nadesico all over again

Brown Matsumoto
Miko looks original
Middle girl has kinda Yuzu/Hinamori thing going on
Blond Orihime
Maid Rukia

SAKURA CORRUPTION AND MINDBREAK DOUJINS AT C98

>"at what point did you think you were watching sakura war?"
>aizen actually hijacked 1930s japan and is leading Tojo forces

>CG
kek

Attached: 20190913_161009.jpg (985x940, 302K)

HASHIRE

Is it really her? What happened? Can we dick her or we need to wait for old Ogami to show up?

Its not made by capcom they outsource it. But RE2 remake and DMCV was enough to keep my hope up

like father, like daughter

IT BURNS. WHY DOES IT LOOK SO BAD

Here's the director's track record:
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7575

Writer:
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7202

She's called Yasha and we don't know what happened yet. We find out in the game. Or the anime. Maybe both.

Kouhei Tanaka music is the best thing about this project. I have very little hope for anything else.

jesus sega is really going all in with this huh

The shorty looks gross with the yellow/ purple apron.

I wonder will the game end up sell a lot or flops, since they changed whole genre from SLG to ACT.

They raped Kubo's chara design

i doubt it'll do any worse than valkyria chronicles did

New game, new anime, new manga, new mecha models, and even some recent new stage appearances in costume (though with old cast, not the Shin ones).

How about you translate the fucking games, Sega?

They'll just do the Yakuza thing again

HOUSOKU NO

But first, it'll take them 6 more months just to translate this game.

Attached: prq.jpg (1512x1080, 592K)

Any chance for a PC release?

THIS IS TURRIBLE

God, the PV is horrible. They did fine with Bang Dream but everyone looked too flat here.

I'd say it has a fair chance since VC also got a PC port.

Depends
Yakuza started getting them recently and VC4 was on release

Anytime soon, no. They've gone six months only talking about how it's coming to PS4 and the game is three months from release. If there were any other platforms planned, they'd probably have said something by now.

Later on, sure that's a possibility. It's even mildly possible that the reason the English version is coming out 3-6 months after the Japanese release is they're making a PC port for that while keeping PS4 exclusivity for the initial launch. Wouldn't hold my breath on that, though. Sega of America hasn't mentioned a thing about it since the "it's coming to the West in Spring 2020!" announcement back in March.

Capcom outsourced games have always been trash
They redeemed themselves by not outsourcing mainline titles anymore, RE2make, DMCV and MHW have all been great

DMCV sucked.

Sega's been porting stuff like crazy lately so I wouldn't be surprised if it got put on Steam next year, especially if it winds up flopping on PS4.

Attached: 1555721778699.jpg (720x720, 83K)

I find it funny SEGA said "SLG is outdated" but yet newest Fire Emblem sold really good.

So I guess after space fishing crashed and burned he went back to making this.

The thing with the Sakura Taisen games is that the mech combat has always been less than half of the overall game. This particular change doesn't affect the fundamental core quite as much as most people are fearing.

Is the old sakura taisen anime any good (the one that cuts out ogami)?

That's because it's fire emblem.

I forget. There are multiple old Sakura Taisen anime.

Not what I was expecting when I wished for Kubo to work on anime again but that's pretty cool. Is the game even out yet though?

Game releases in Japan on December 12th.

Maid SoiFon you mean

>Sanzigen
Are they also did Bubuki Buraki? i remember that show's mecha battle is pretty good, but the plot was not done very well(Reoko is hot though).

original is better
kubo is a hack

Rent free

She's not a maid, she's a ninja.

Attached: uniform_character04.png (405x728, 213K)

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

is sakura wars a continuous series or is each game standalone?

It's a continuous series, however New Sakura Wars is a next generation story and revival for a series which have not had a new main entry in 14 years.
New Sakura Wars is most likely made expecting newcomers to not know much about the old enteries.

You could probably start at 1, 3, or 5 and have little trouble figuring out what's what. 2 is doable but it does start off expecting you to be familiar with your teammates, and 4 is a shortened game whose value is almost entirely in you-already-know-these-characters.

The fifth game, the only one with an official English release thus far, is even more of a standalone as you start off as an entirely new protagonist separate (but related) to the one that was in 1-4 and there are only a couple of previous-game characters in brief cameos.

KUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats cool but how about a new nights game

youtube.com/watch?v=7bSf5JTXzak

She's in.

Attached: [-__-'] Sakura Taisen - Ouka Kenran 02 [BD 1080p x264 10-bit FLAC] [57AC6121].mkv_snapshot_15.1 (1384x1080, 535K)

Nintendo were literally about to discontinue FE until Awakening was a massive hit.

Who is the new Ichigo??

>Jet Set Radio 3 soon.
Don't do that

Don't give me hope

Also is this the time of company redemptions? Capcom made a big comeback and SNK is actually advertising their games (using other games but still)

Really not sure about that artstyle

Attached: Sakura.Taisen.full.414155.jpg (2593x1805, 2.39M)

>Studio: Sanzigen (The people making Bang Dream S2 and S3)
The first season of Bang Dream was very good, but the CG ruined S2, plus it had dumb episodes like that "Happy Fly Mode" suit, holy shit they jumped the shark hard on that one.

About time, he is the one to it up the ass.

Definitely this, but I'm willing to be surprised.

A Char?

I haven't seen BD, but I enjoyed Arpeggio and Bubuki, so I'll trust Sanzigen
Would've preferred 2D, but apparently Sega decided to have Sanzigen also handle game cutscenes, so at least it's consitent with the source

The yellow/purple combo is very well complemented, it could have been worse.

I can't wait for newfags to accuse this series of being an Infinite Stratos ripoff. Also, Sumire remains the best girl despite having probably passed her expiration date.

>implying
You actually prevent the Pacific War from happening in Sakura Wars 2 by BTFOing the radical elements of the IJA before they can fuck shit up for everyone else.

No offense but Kubo's designs are all so fucking bland and uninspired. And that fucking Bleach face on every character makes me want to vomit.

but what about Nazi?

World War I doesn't happen in Sakura Wars because demons and other malevolent supernatural beings start appearing all around the world shortly after the start of the 20th century, and all of the major powers of the world are occupied keeping the threat under control.

right at

Oh boy, game is already facing a tough challenge with fans because of the change in gameplay, it will probably struggle here in the west, and Sega is even doubling down with an anime series? Either their internal feedback has been amazing and they are confident, or they just went crazy. This will be the revival or the death of the SW franchise

According to their report from letting a bunch of people play the current demo version a couple weeks ago, which has battle parts included, the fans gave it overwhelming approval. Either they're rusing us with these figures, or they have a solid basis on which to be confident.

Attached: internals.jpg (1904x1300, 807K)

Wait are you saying that Alsace-Lorraine is still in german hands ?

IS ripoff? How?. If they went with the generic LN power armors IS uses (the kind seen in stuff like Ubreakable Bahamut or Masou Gakuen), maybe
But the steampunk mecha here are actual mecha.
Like I don't see what part of this is similar to IS specifically

Just please bring the game to the west!

Attached: preorder.jpg (1272x718, 105K)

games.sega.com/sakurawars/

They already announced it'd get an EN release.
We're getting so much shit from Japan these days it's unreal. This would never have made it overseas ten years ago.

they used Kubo
that mean they already aim for the west

Ten years ago, nah. Nine years ago, sure.

Attached: P0.jpg (1280x1280, 490K)

why the fuck they make MC a whim?

Because he's the nephew of the previous protagonist.

Shame it's just an action game at this point and no longer strategy.

but previous game never require to think

>Redemption arc
But they killed Virtual-On, one of my favorite series.

The strategy was mostly in choosing when to use Protect and who to use it on, to no-sell particularly damaging boss supers.

That was barely strategy, I didn't even use protect for the entire first game because of how easy it was without it.

Potentially. Also, in Sakura War 5 we see that NYC is an underdeveloped shithole under invasion by demon Oda Nobunaga. Evidently the roaring 30s never came to New York because demons.

Attached: Sakura_Wars-_So_Long,_My_Love_-_Cover.jpg (256x327, 138K)

I like the Taisho aesthetic this new game is aiming for but this trailer looks kinda meh.

>Sakura the mc of Sakura Taisen is voiced by Sakura
I'll watch it but dont expect anything

But the character has Sakura as a given name while the seiyuu has Sakura as a family name. Totally different.

That’s because Fire Emblem learned from Sakura Taisen and made it a dating sim. The newest one is just a better written dating sim than before. It sure isn’t selling because of the strategic gameplay.

It's a videogame adaptation. Even if it was 2D, it wouldn't necessarily be good, or even look good. Let's not forget the QUALITYfest that was Persona 5 anime

Her parents should have named her 佐倉桜

Ugly.

Awfully generic. Stone the chara designer.

How can Kubo compete?

Attached: __shinguuji_sakura_sakura_taisen_drawn_by_fujishima_kousuke__4e3c04f69da7d6e801e41fdcdcf8401b.jpg (4173x3720, 1.02M)

Kubo + the guy at Sega who decided to go for a CG studio to do both the game's cutscenes as well as the adaptation

By being more famous. That's all.

Damn seeing her wearing heels in both ninja and fighting uniform outfits made me think she's really insecure about her height.

So you're a retard and your opinion is irrelevant

The handdrawn artwork made by Kubo is actually pretty good, but Sega managed to translate it 3d with a very generic, forgettable style.

Attached: sakutas.jpg (1334x959, 317K)