How the fuck does Guts swing this thing like it's a fucking broomstick?

How the fuck does Guts swing this thing like it's a fucking broomstick?

Attached: big iron.jpg (498x375, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKUYgDiEN0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anime logic

That’s the point nigger, no human could do that, but Guts trained a lot on top of having a hard life. That’s why everyone think “nani the fuck how is that a fucking sword” everytime they met guys

Heroic Strength, my dude.

he and it are is cursed/blessed/marked.

/thread

He swings swords too big for him since he was literally a kid so he grew accustomed to it, the natural progression once he reaches adulthood is a giant fucking sword since he himself is already huge (~2m) and strong as fuck. Besides people in the manga always ask how the fuck can he swing that slab but if you want a over simplified explanation: anime logic

what's the actual weight of the dragonslayer?

Attached: 1537957374810.jpg (326x296, 27K)

Squats and oats, plus a hefty helping of rage

I recall someone claiming it being around 2 tons or whatever.

Some nerds tried to gauge the dimensions and therefore weight in raw iron and figured it would be about ~100kg give or take.

I do not think you comprehend just how swole Guts is.

Attached: 1567806183551.jpg (680x989, 95K)

He stronk

Guts is beyond what is expected, beyond causality,fate,destiny...etc.

He stronk

is it big enough to kill griffith tho?

Some one call me out if I'm reading too much into it but.... the whole point of the sword is that no human could wield it but guts can, implying he has given up his humanity to pursue vengeance..... or maybe he just really strong.

I expect something stupid to pop up later like "those with the mark are given unprecedented powers" or something of the sort.

It's about as heavy as my dick. So about a ton.

Looks like you made a slip

Let me see it

Because it's a manga. Nobody could practically use a sword that weighs 100lbs or so in real life. Not even those 7' tall guys that win the world's strongest man contests.

I always got the feeling the he could not swing it however he wanted it. More that he can do wide swings, and then the brute force of the "swing" is good enough to cleave through armor/apostles/humans/weapons.
His old sword was big, but not inhumanely big, so he could still use it like a sword in duels and so on, but chasing an apostle he just needs to cleave it.

Im still going with the theory Guts isn't fully human and never was to begin with.

He has an affinity for big long things even when he's a child.

Manga physics. That shit looks like it weighs the same as or heavier than a naked gym bar.

I bet the numenoreans could, they were like 240cm tall or some shit.

Guts muscles should probably have been crippled way before he even got the Dragon Slayer

Because he has literally always been using giant swords.

>what? It's obvious, he was the only child soldier in the history to use a normal sized sword, that's why he can swing 100kg like it's nothing

Attached: 1567950791089.jpg (708x800, 79K)

He has at least 32 points of Strength

99 str 1 luck

pure rage

he exists at the interstice between the astral and real world. also he trained a lot beforehand

he uses judo throws on the sword to launch it into his opponents

Go ask /fit/

The Dragon slayer is made to slay the supernatural. Guts can use it cause he is a slayer of the supernatural. Is basically the proof that Guts have the minimum requirement to fight against a god: being able to swing a sword that can kill it.
If you can't even do that, better stay home and fuck off.

>no human could do that, but Guts trained a lot on top of having a hard life.
Please, read that sentence out loud and you realise how stupid that sounds.

The real question is, how doesn't it break? Goblin slayer taught me that a sword is only good for 5 kills.

Because Donovan gave Guts a portion of his almighty power that night. Had he not done so, Guts wouldn't be nearly as powerful.

It was the smith's best work.
Also that's for normal swords, the Dragonslayer is just a slab of metal on a stick, meaning that it doesn't need to be sharp and just crushed most of it foes with the weight. Considering that you only need a small wedge for it to dig into flesh and things.

A sword. Not a dragon slayer.
>"It was too thicc to be called sword... too big, too heavy... a giant slab of metal"

based, but cringe wojak poster

Because it is fantasy.
Physics barely matter in Berserk.

He goes to the gym.

Because as soon as Guts was marked he stopped being a pure physical being and started existing in the interstice, which supposedly made him able to accomplish inhuman feats like wielding dragon slayer and healing mortal wounds impossibly fast on pure will.

Couldn't take this shite seriously after seeing this desu. It was already dumb with the succubus fucking thing then it became even dumber. "Greatest manga ever" my ass.

Even swinging a bar like sword is already inhuman feat. Historically heaviest swords have been only around 10 lbs and still they were mostly ceremonial.

Better question is how doesn't that toothpick of a handle break on the first swing? Hell, the wind-up to the first swing?

Bout 200lbs or 100kg

>youtube.com/watch?v=vKUYgDiEN0U
54 lbs

He can't.

If he tried his wrists would snap, his muscles would tear, and he would be permanently disabled and unable to fight again for the rest of his life.

Guts is stupid. The power scaling is bullshit. It tries to be gritty but the anime logic immediately breaks immersion.

Berserk is trash.

something between 100kg and 300kg
they must have been retarded

magic. when schierke was teaching farnese magic she said in order to do magic you have to believe in it, thats why she told farnese to imagine fruits until she could see them. now, guts has been using swords bigger than him since he was a child, his first sword was a regular long sword when he was about 6 years old. from that point on, he kept using big ass swords because he felt comfortable with them, though obviously none of them are as ridiculously sized and heavy as the dragonslayer.

then guts got marked and because of that he no longer belongs to the physic realm but since he is still alive he resides between the physic and the magic realm, which allows him to use magic power even though he isn not trained to do so.

now, since he is capable of using magic and he is used to swing around oversized swords, he "believes" he is truly capable of using the dragonslayer and magic does the rest.

thats all

It's a fantasy manga and the protagonist has superhuman strength. End of story.

t. autist.

That's a bullshit explanation, but I'll choose to believe it. Not that I have a problem with Guts naturally swinging around the huge-ass sword.

Attached: Bullshit.jpg (570x558, 87K)

He is half elf

Attached: B3835A9A-E4B4-4BC6-8556-CFEB88EE9749.jpg (500x746, 103K)

The Beast of Darkness

Lots of grip strength.
He never had sex until he met Casca so years of masturbating gave him that much grip strength. When he tries to choke Casca is a reflex of him automatically gripping something (usually his penis) when he's aroused.

>he "believes" he is truly capable of using the dragonslayer and magic does the rest
DAS ROIGHT

Attached: 1DcsPqE.jpg (1250x1126, 479K)

Just accept this bottom panel as an explanation and don't think too hard about it

Attached: Berserk - c208 (v25) - p032 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (1809x2558, 2.6M)

apparently all that demon blood seeping into the sword made it all magical and shit

I would put him at 36~40 in 3.5
Wasn't it the other way around? The sword killed so many apostles so it got magic and supernatural

>No sex until Casca
But daddy Donovan made sweet tender love with him

>He never had sex until he met Casca

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (200x200, 23K)

Because he isn't some kind of gay ass twink mc.

The sword can also be viewed as a metaphor. Guts life has a lot of shit in it so much that hes the only person that can carry it. By clinging to his past traumas of rape and the eclipse he can use the rage from it as his weapon. People like casca could, metaphorically, never wield the dragonslayer bc they dont possess the same fortitude, casca got completely mind broken during the eclipse and even now cant handle the thought of it.

Guess none of you have ever read the Iliad or the Odyssey. The entire point of the Hero is that they are quasi-godlike figures.

Truly ork magic the strongest
guts is blessed by Gork

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: u7na5ori1gf01.jpg (3476x3476, 2.14M)

he didn't want to stay in the autism box

For all his proud and unbroken demeanor hes a fucking weakling. Hes a weakling and guts made him know it and thats why even when though he pretends like he doesnt care he hates guts.

>anime
It’s a manga

Not sure if this explains all the sexual tension though

Charles Atlas Trope, next.

You guys forget that the Golden Age blade was also a fucking sword unit by itself, so that "brand makes you stronger" argument is flawed

Guts is an apostle. He just forgot his ascension due to trauma.

Have you seen him? He's pretty strong.

it's a shounen manga, they tend to have dumb shit

>casca got completely mind broken during the eclipse and even now cant handle the thought of it
Well, to be fair, Guts didn't even get to see the whole Band getting massacrated and he didn't get raped by fucking demons too

More importantly: if he's so strong, why not just punch things or use a normal sword and hit a lot faster?

>use a normal sword and hit a lot faster
He does in the anime a few times

It is a fantasy manga
Godot said no man can wield it so it implies Guts is going past humanity to fight apostles he's a demon just like them

It’s just symbolism and fantasy

Epic xD

Guts is stronk

That existed when guts was his personal boipussy. When griffith tasted defeat and loneliness he immediately decided to throw it all away, the only real setback he ever had completely rekt him while guts grew out of being a retard and surpassed griffith and griffith despises him for it, thats why he raped casca in front of guts.

probably about 70kg tops, steel is lighter than iron so it wouldn't be too excessive.

is Griffith planning to sacrifice his whole empire once it's completely established?

He strong ya goof. Did you know from an ant's point of view you have god like physical strength?

I want to marry Guts

Actual lore answer:
Yes, the guy has god-tier genetics, has been using progressively larger swords since childhood, and has a magical post-workout recovery supplement of fairy dust, but his strength is not purely mundane post-Eclipse.
His Golden Age swords were big, but well within the realm of human ability to swing. Dragonslayer has easily quadruple the mass of any of them due to its width and thickness.
During the Eclipse, Guts was marked with the Brand of Sacrifice. This moves him to existing on the Interstice, where both the spiritual and the physical can interact. This means he’s vulnerable to both humans and spirits now. It also means he can affect both.
Just as a Godhand has the ability to warp reality according to their wishes, Guts has very limited control over his own reality due to his incredible willpower.
To be blunt, he can swing the Dragonslayer because he wills it, and he exists in a state where that metaphysical desire has physical manifestation.
>The Dragon slayer is made to slay the supernatural.
No. Godot made it as a middle finger to the nobles. He didn't believe in the supernatural, nor was the supernatural any part of its creation.
>Wasn't it the other way around? The sword killed so many apostles so it got magic and supernatural
This. The Dragonslayer was a purely mundane sword that has slain enough supernatural creatures it gained supernatural qualities of its own.

Attached: guts and schierke.png (635x544, 284K)

am I the only one who thinks it makes absolutely no sense Guts having survived the eclipse? He clearly cleaved through a lot of enemies using a makeshift weapon

If there's a more hype panel in manga history, I have never seen it

Attached: 663636356236.jpg (1476x1100, 456K)

desu even his golden age sword is too inhumane for anyone to handle. Swinging it once would bring anyone out of balance, then you just stab them in the dick with a spear.

over 9000

It's good but I'm more of a fan of the reveal of it being swung. The fact that it's so long and STILL is back inside the house, and how he just blows through the wall to swing it is godly.
It's also the payoff for seeing Guts shocked at whatever he saw in the corner.

Attached: The DS' first kill.png (2048x1485, 1.39M)

getting raped doesn't mean you had sex

Actually its because of the mark he has.

He imagines it's a fucking broomstick, that's how.

because he is: Berserk™

Attached: EAgFCSwXUAMu2Y9.jpg (289x457, 53K)

Guts grin and the guts hanging from the sword is what makes it fucking gold to me

I find "Jesus Christ" to be a really weird choice of an expletive for a fantasy world in which Christianity has never existed.
Is there some alternate translation for this? Is he just saying something like "Oh my god"?

Absolute madman

Godot reaction is also on point

Attached: 1496536463362.png (524x767, 176K)

less than 1/4 of the thickness of the actual dragonslayer.

No.
That's the funny thing. The dragons slayer IS in fact made with the purpose of slaying dragons. No matter the blacksmith truly believed in their existance or not. But cause he considered dragons as beings that are outside of the reach of a human the resulting sword was something that a human was not supposed to be able to handle.
It was a kind of provocation but he seriously made the sword to be practical against the normally unkillable.
That's the reason Guts ended up using that sword, cause normal swords no matter the high quality, even being able to cut an anvil in half effortlessly, were made to kill humans. And so were doomed to fail when fighting apostles.
Basically the dragon slayer work (it was not infused with apostles juices from the beginning) cause it's the right tool for the job.

but he did say something about not wanting to give it to Guts because he might enemize dragons by killing their kin

Pound-for-pound that ant is 50 times stronger than you.

It doesn't matter at all
An apostle might be weak compared to other apostles and still be strong enough to fuck up any human
Relative strength is bullshit

The collective thoughts of humans shape the world as revealed by the Idea of Evil.

His reputation as the black swordsman has made him more than human and allows him to surpass human limits. He'll grow stronger as historic reputation grows more inhuman.

Attached: aw3aomehui121.jpg (825x886, 115K)

tree fiddy tons

by reading the fucking manga

I suspect this too. He has some weird ears.

He
Stronk

Bullshit. Berserk is unrealistic when it comes to power. Not that its something bad, but guts is a human that would never exist in real life.

Unironically this

so basically guts is actually an ork?
Based

no he's blessed by mork, you gotta fight with your head

did you guys ever notice how fucked Judeau's eyes are?

Attached: dial b for bruh.png (944x740, 703K)

another

Attached: dial b for bruh 2.png (328x698, 271K)

this one kinda subtle

Attached: dial b for bruh 3.png (1010x920, 936K)

I unironically thought Judeau was a girl when I first read Berserk at like 16.

>those hips

what did he mean by this?

>mfw i have to reread berserk again now
goddamnit guys

I have my Berserk reread at least once every year. Despite all the suffering and pain there is still a very comfy atmosphere, especially later on with the gang.

Attached: houseof_witch.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)

the same way cloud swings the buster sword.

favourite arc?

I love all the arcs tbqh, Sea-god too but Lost-children( does it count as arc or is just an extension of conviction?) is just some of the most depressing and unique storytelling I've seen in any media.

Attached: flaming.png (1188x1050, 1.25M)

he's strong and angry

It’s not shounen tho

Thank you for posting this ITT so I don't have to.
This really should be /thread, although I know it won't be

Why did you spoil one but not the other?
You don't need to spoil either, imo

>spoil
Meant spoiler tag

Is it actually raw Iron or steel?

Damn, this makes me want to reread berserk