Help

I just finished watching this shit for the first time and I'm completely lost. Can you guys give some guidance as to how I can make sense of all this? Maybe link me to some write ups or videos that give a provide good analysis and break down the philosophy. Also I need a happy show to follow this one up with, are there any slice of life animes centered around young adults or college students?

Attached: neg323534y74657.jpg (1200x800, 115K)

Tatami Galaxy

It has the same message as the end of the tv series but the message isn't shoved down your throat

>some write ups or videos that give a provide good analysis and break down the philosophy
Don't ever do it. Just take a shower or go for a wakl and figure it out yourself. If you can't then watch the movie again after a year or two

>I need a happy show to follow this one up with
But Evangelion is a happy show? At least, it ends on a happy, upbeat note.

just listen to what the characters say, especially in the last two episodes. it spells out all the major points, reading or watching some infographic or youtube 'essay' about the lore or whatever will just muddy the waters and make it harder for you to really digest it on your own.

Sorry, should have clarified that I watched the show for the first time. Have not watched the movie yet.

Attached: 1567962066543.jpg (5000x1429, 3.01M)

grand blue

you fell for the meme newfag

nothing to see here, just a great concept with a terrible execution and botched ending(s)

Attached: 250px-Shinji_Ikari_and_Asuka_Langley_Soryu.jpg (250x187, 17K)

Attached: FeW73.png (657x3213, 326K)

This. I understood eva perfectly fine when i was fourteen because i paid attention. Honestly I think pretty much anybody can understand it if they pay attention.

This. Also you're probably reading too much into this overrated shitfest, OP.

read this op it will clear things up but the last part is debatable.

Why do people act like this show is super complicated

the back ground story I guess.

because it has a bunch of convoluted plot elements tacked on and does a horrific job of explaining said elements to the audience.

at least the psychoanalysis and characterization is good

Attached: freud.jpg (1647x2240, 1.21M)

because they get caught up in deliberately vauge lore and don't pay attention to the more abstract parts

Steins' Gate is about 60% college pals dicking around in their clubhouse.

I think it's more challenging than the shit people on here watch. And most people are so focused on superficial plot elements that they can't focus on the actual ideas and themes of what they're watching, which leads to both confusion about the vagueness of the plot and the intricacies of the philosophical and psychological explorations of the show

>Everyone gets their own happy little world to live in
I have a problem with this, everyone turns into tang because their AT fields are torn down right? Doesn't that mean that they CAN'T be in their own illusory worlds?

The image you posted is from the movie, that's why everybody is confused. Get off of Yea Forums and watch the movie now. If you're still a confused idiot, then you can come back and ask questions.

yeah but that's never stopped people from regurgitating it

no one gets their own happy little world. They all are exposed to eachother. Their past is shown to everyone.

pretty much human souls become 1 soul. Rei acts as a control computer to shinji's whim while simultaneously turning into shinji's soul there is a split second when shinji dives into giant rei where there are tons of reis swimming around, they turn to look at shinji only to change into his head replacing rei's.