Is One Piece considered a good anime? I know there's like 1000 episodes, but that doesn't mean it's not shit

Is One Piece considered a good anime? I know there's like 1000 episodes, but that doesn't mean it's not shit.

is it worth checking out? I kind of find the art style interesting, it reminds me of a lot of some contemporary American cartoons.

Attached: bigmum.jpg (1332x850, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4CD5R7oX55I
youtu.be/WNu619Lphgc
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

It starts off pretty good goes downhill fast after the first 60 ish episodes and stays mediocre

read the manga

read the manga

>is one piece considered a good anime
no

Attached: 1521745696839.jpg (640x480, 64K)

read the manga or watch the anime until the time skip

>dude trust me it gets better after episode 986

Attached: 018.jpg (512x512, 26K)

lol

The first 300 episodes are pretty good, the anime starts to go downhill after that so I recommend reading the manga

Watch it on a website called “One Pace” (you’ll probably have to a wait a year or two for them to finish all the arcs) when they finish.

Anime is shit after the timeskip. Read the manga.

One Piece is a good anime series, and it has its moments don't get me wrong.

However, One Piece's anime is best consumed in a "Read the Manga first and then look up particular clips from the Anime on Youtube" kinda fashion imo

Shame that Toei will never give up the rights considering its their cash cow along with Dragon Ball, so that OP will get the anime it deserves.

Attached: flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 75K)

No

I'll put this in an objective way for you: the One Piece anime currently goes at a pace of less than one chapter per episode. That's not an exaggeration. If you know anything about pacing in other anime adaptations of manga, that should tell you the whole story.

It's Toei.

So no.
Read the manga.

This.
Read the manga. If you want to watch it animated watch the movies.

The quality slowly drops overtime. I would say EL or Triller Bark are the last arcs with decent animation.
Its still watchable until marineford
After that the production quality is so low its completely unwatchable.

Regardless, the anime is long and you might want to just read the manga.

Honestly? If you're interested in the story, just play One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. That basically pulls all the major plot points together, and as far as Dynasty Warrior games go, it's pretty fun.

The anime itself... it's shonen shit, so you have a billion rabid fanboys who will tell you it's the greatest because they'd eat anything up that colorful and moves a lot. In reality it's a never ending vehicle to sell DVD packs, that doesn't have an actual story, but rather smaller story arcs that introduce new characters all the time and then gets resolved. They pretend to move the plot forward by every now and then finding a new macguffin, but really it's meaningless because there's gonna be an endless amount of macguffins. The fucking manga runs since 97, and every few years at the end of an arc people will say "No because they just got the MacGuffin so they're almost done!" I mean, in 2010 there was a timeskip in the story, and I remember people then telling me "No really, this means there's a story, they're almost there"

If you however enjoy an action shonen with sometimes interesting superpowers and just want to watch it for the fights, comedy and titties, go right ahead. It has plenty of those.

The anime is shit. It used to be good
The manga is not.

Watch the anime up until it gets bad, then switch to manga

I plan do watch it once its done.
Are there any backups if the site gets nuked in the future?

>a good anime?
You should really read it. Nostalgia aside, the anime doesn't do it justice.

The current Wano Arc is a rare exception where the anime actually looks good.

youtu.be/4CD5R7oX55I

The anime at one point was a pretty good supplement for the manga but that was over a decade ago and the pacing has been fucked for a very long time now. Read the manga.

Read the colored manga, shit is really good

The anime is mostly a slideshow and has been so since the beginning. But I still like the first few arcs. Until the Alabasta arc it's definitely worth watching. And it's still alright till the Sabaody Archipelago arc.
Afterwards I don't know. I haven't really watched past ~400

Quality varies a fuckton depending on what point you're in. Also read the manga, don't watch the anime with its occasionally atrocious pacing.

Toei "quality" is definitely rampant, but the current arc actually has good animation.

youtu.be/WNu619Lphgc

It actually makes me angrier to know that it's not that they "can't" but that they "don't" when it comes to animation quality.

Attached: doffy fuji and law.png (500x280, 188K)

>It actually makes me angrier to know that it's not that they "can't" but that they "don't" when it comes to animation quality.
Budget needs to be stretched paper thin for long running shows like these.

the more they produce the more they sell. your argument doesn't make sense

Until the 2 year time skip it's watchable after that better to follow it with the Manga