Attached: i-111.jpg (835x1200, 576K)

Attached: i-112.jpg (835x1200, 764K)

Attached: i-113.jpg (835x1200, 350K)

Attached: i-114.jpg (835x1200, 376K)

Attached: i-115.jpg (835x1200, 691K)

Attached: i-116.jpg (835x1200, 381K)

Attached: i-117.jpg (835x1200, 743K)

Attached: i-118.jpg (835x1200, 391K)

Attached: i-119_120.jpg (1645x1200, 1.36M)

End chapter.

Attached: i-121.jpg (835x1200, 618K)

These, because I fucked up and didn't start the thread with them.

Attached: i-100.jpg (835x1200, 284K)

Yup we have the proper amount of attention this arc deserves.

Attached: i-101.jpg (835x1200, 422K)

Isn't the height requirement for sumo 173cm?

And us.

Attached: zcredits.jpg (2000x1000, 96K)

Itagaki sez:

>Press corps asking questions at cars speeding away, knowing full-well they can't hear them. It bothers me no matter how many times I've seen it.

End transmission.

Attached: i-421.jpg (835x1200, 1.06M)

So like will we get this with every Sumo?

I feel bad for you guys.
This arc or at least this part of it has just drained any interest in Doughy yet you still keep going

Attached: mission status.png (500x500, 115K)

Shit taste

It's do or die, to me. I just like Baki too much to see it go ignored.

Do you know if the comixology new grappler baki volumes are worth it? I was consider buying them to get an actual reading of that part since the ones we have are so bad

I think it says a lot about the state of this series when, in a manga where people fight a thawed out caveman, this current arc is quite possibly the dumbest yet.
As a fan of sumo it hurts me to say that, but this arc is just the most retarded thing. Itagaki needs to retire or at least go away for a couple months. His brain clearly doesn't funtion properly anymore and he can't write something that isn't completely inane.

Is that a copy pasta?
I could swear I already read the same text word for word.

I don't know about the later-released volumes, and I think I never found a successful way to steal any of them. The early Comixology volumes, at least, seemed pretty terrible. The translator was noticeably unfamiliar with Baki as a franchise, made weird or outright wrong localization choices, I assume from pic related they had no one proofreading the text, et cetera. If you want to help affirm or disprove my claims, you can always pick up a single one of the later volumes and see if what I've said remains to ring true - my baseline stance is to just tell people not to buy them.

I believe that, when they started last year, I made a tentative promise to put out their release when they were done but, like I said, I haven't found a means of stealing their stuff, so it would cost me several hundred dollars and require an extreme amount of manual labor to strip identifying information off the pages before I could upload anything. So, I don't think that those volumes are going to get a free public release - at least, not from me - any time soon.

Attached: uh.png (568x933, 519K)

I must not be familiar with Baki, what's wrong with that pic?

How lazy and terrible it is for a professional release for which you have to pay.
There are other, more obvious weird things, like this.

Attached: fantastic.jpg (1202x405, 403K)

Oh, this was one that pissed me off. Whoever did this one didn't even try.

Attached: sikorsky.jpg (1179x583, 491K)

Are there any prospects of you guys redoing the series and SoO like you guys are doing with the original series?

low test detected

Unfortunately for me, yes. That was and is the blueprint plan.

I have a fractured, foggy memory of once discussing this in 2015 with Spiny: we were gonna do Dou and Grappler at the same time, then, once Grappler was done, we'd start redoing the second series alongside progressing with Dou, then the third series alongside Dou.

Funny how plans change. Hah. I'm going to kill myself ;_;

Attached: file118.jpg (908x1400, 1009K)

I'm guessing we'll probably get a fight with the main charcters by around thanksgiving. really exited to see katsumi fight

I totally forgot about this one. I know it'll piss any of you off.

Attached: Sea King.png (416x152, 93K)

>sumo wrestlers got their asses kicked before in the series
>suddenly they are now fucking gods of the ring
where is the fucking consistency

Is this from Baki?

yeah this is the current baki manga

He is a big guy.

Can Shirahoshi control him?

Attached: shirahoshi-power.jpg (1456x1101, 513K)

I call this the Muhammed Ali Jr. Syndrome; wanting to kill someone without putting your life in the line.
But the unitiated can't compete with the true Rikishi.
Also amazing work as always, user.

Attached: 1560826369928.png (611x960, 524K)

Isn't this kinda dumb?
If he's that small, that whole making my opponents feel I'm big is fantasywank
the only thing that makes sense is that at least they're both the same weight

Are you aware of what series you're reading?

bruh this is baki its about not making sense.

>this is so dumb
>in a world where they revived musashi, has a caveman that ate a giant crocodile and converted into christianity and some fat fuck able to create buff fishes with his earth stomps

Baki-shills, pls.

>W-W-Why won't you agree with my stupid opinions? Y-You shill/dickrider!
Every time

Wait pickle is a christian now?

I hope we get info on the next season soon. They announced it officially right?

>97 kilos
>size of a girl
Hmm.

I'm pretty sure he meant height

That's about his height. Honoo is 5'4.

As I recall, the JSA may let in rikishi who don't meet the height requirement if they can pass a certain physical test and already have someone in the organization who is willing to vouch for their ability. That's how Enhou got in, I think. Either he or Ura.

I think he's making crude reference to Pickle's act of prayer.

Oddly, they announced it again, without a date of release, on the first page of this chapter. I don't know if it's meant as a reminder or if they mean to indicate the distributor (Netflix) or what. Regardless, to me it implies that production will not be finished any time soon.

I want to see Yuujiro get rekt, like with Musashi.
He’s getting old and sloppy.
Also has been confirmed Yuichiro died?

>Guy is being punished for forsaking glorious Japanese Karate
lmao

>He’s getting sloppy
what

He's getting sloppy from Hinary

thanks translator-kun and stew

Always welcome.

looks like it.

Thanks.
I don't mind this arc but a single chapter to have some dudes job it up to every new sumo guy is going to get tiring. Especially when by any stretch of the imagination these guys will have to job to the Baki crew, at least initially.

>I know it'll piss any of you off.
Wrong, I am piss off about that all the time. Your post changes nothing.

Dude a sumo wrestler managed to defeat Izou "The god of war" Motobe in the original baki manga

i think the camerawork of boxing scenes were pretty well done

I didn't say that anything in particular wasn't *good*; the story just seemed so meandering that my mind started to wander to physical details, like what was on a particular table or Nicky Colasanto's uncharacteristic glasses. If my mind is wandering while I'm watching a movie, it can't be a very interesting movie.

I think I quite liked the boxing scenes, with the exception of that strange, jarring framing of the camera in the last moments of the final Sugar Ray fight. I don't know what that was.

motobe was a meme until the musashi arc.

Baki was always japan centric, but it wasn't always full on nationalistic.
Nowadays you know that if somebody doesn't follow some old japanese tradition they'll just be fodder, while in the past even though he still exhalted japanese martial arts there were others who could also shine

wasn't that the point of katsumi vs retsu in the max tournament? kat was the future of karate and full of it then got stomped by ancient chinese kung fu.

So this match is/was a way of saying "Fuck anyone that dislikes Karate", and "Fuck anyone that makes fun of Sumo".
This arc is probably gonna drag on for a while.

>First MMA fighter is arrogant, twirls in the air to do a spinning backfist like an idiot and does literally 0 damage
>Second MMA fighter is a fat fuck, disrespects muh japanese martial arts because he's a brute, stands like an idiot and pisses his pants the second the fight starts
What the fuck is Itagaki's problem? Is he just mad that his precious traditional ching chong martial arts and sumo aren't actually useful in a real fight so he's taking it out on these jobbers?

It's probably more Sumo than traditional martial arts because Sumo has a generally abysmal record in MMA, probably down there with Aikido which a lot of people calls a fake martial arts.

Yea, notice how the two randos to job so far were both MMA guys. It certainly feels like theres a bit of an agenda here.

>Got cut by Musashi

i was wondering when will people point this out again.
seriously, feels like every thread now has to point out how sumo and aikido sucks at MMA.

Just counter by saying "if they were fighting in MMA matches then they weren't sumo anymore so it doesn't count", should rile them up good.

no, i mean what does realism have to do with baki? we've seen the characters do tons of shit so powered up sumos shouldn't even be worth nitpicking about.

The thing about sumo is it has no weight classes, so wrestlers are incentivized to get as fuckhuge as they can get. if they enter MMA, they would have to fight in the super heavyweight division against literal monsters due to their huge size. if you pit the average sumo wrestler against the average MMA fighter without regard to the weight class, the sumo wrestler would stand a decent chance purely because he’d weigh much, much more and have much more muscle than fighters who have to limit their weight to stay in certain divisions. If you look purely at technique, then sure, of course sumo technique is mostly useless in a real fight, but the fighters themselves have a physical advantage

The problem is these are supposed to be 'Normal' Sumos.
Like the Mayweathers, the Brian Shaws, the Michale Phelps.
Very strong in their respective fields, but the moment you put them out of their comfort zone and into MMA they'd get destroyed because dudes in MMA can kick you with the force of a fucking car crash. AND THAT'S FODDER TIER TO BAKIVERSE. Remember, Baki was introduced to the Underground arena by a guy who won Gold Medals in like 25 different sports. And yet he got destroyed in one round.
And don't even get me started on how these dudes shouldn't even be able to kill a Bear, let alone the Yasha ape which even fodder tier Katsumi beat.
It's retarded.

Yeah, we know sukune is a superhuman that can turn coal to diamonds with his grip but these sumo guys are just skilled sumo wrestlers, i don't know how they can fight against baki and the gang

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING
I can understand Sukune being top tier because he's supposed to be a super prodigy and Apex of the Apex, but these guys we're watching are supposed to be the Normies. That's what's upsetting me. Normal Sumos should never be what Baki is saying they are

Baki is saying nothing about normal sumos, they're stomping people who are even bigger fodder than they are. The reasonable progression is them getting stomped by Baki and friends in the first round. There are no elements so far that imply these guys would stand a chance.

you are correct. they used to be strict in the requirement, but Mainoumi Shuhei, the Enho of the 90s and even more popular in his time, cheated the restrictions by implanting a silicone bag in his head to artificially increase his height. his proving his worth on the dohyou, and generating massive revenue for the sumo association, are why we get these excellent small cute rikishi today.

Attached: sp-sumo101-a-20190522-870x653.jpg (870x653, 63K)

Retsu was consistently one of the best, too, and is the only bakibro to get at least one major fight every single arc since his introduction.

and we know that Itagaki cried for him.

>by implanting a silicone bag in his head to artificially increase his height
fucking what ? In his skull ?

In his scalp on top of his skull

Attached: mainoumi-shhei-39937126-2af0-4a6a-872e-6540be6a503-resize-750.jpg (400x295, 15K)

Does anyone know the name of the sumo wrestler who had enough silicone injected into his forehead to increase his height by 8 inches? that shit was fucking wack.

So why the god Sukune is so strong?
And why the uninitiated are so weak against the Grand Sumo?

Attached: 1561020514751.jpg (465x280, 56K)

Takeji Harada, who's implant is reported to be anywhere from 6 to 8 inches. man, how did he keep the suture clean with all that fucking grease?

yeesh

The point is that they'll job hard to the gang so that kinryuuzan can go forth with his sumo association renewal.

so is all of this going to eventually lead to a sukune/baki rematch?

But my problem is they should be jobbing to the MMA guys.
They just don't have the conditioning.
Also I just realized. Is this new MMA guy supposed to be that Chinese MMA guy going around beating up Fake Martial Artists? Or am I just going crazy with anger

Itagaki taking the time to show off each of these Rikishi instead of just letting them show off in the tournament makes me think it's even more likely than before that they're going to job

judging from these last two 'fights' that kyogei dude is gonna kill somebody

>So FANTASTIKKU... (said by an american)
>He doesn't disappoint
???

people actually read baki? why? the characters are all hideous and deformed, and the plot is irredeemably retarded.

nice try Hitler but we both know that he'd kill Musashi if he hit him with intent instead of slapping him

pleb filtered

*BONG*
STRAWBERYYYYY

Attached: STRAWBERRY.png (1214x729, 869K)

Last Final Match in Baki, that will end ths arc and the serie.

Attached: end.webm (288x360, 672K)

cringe

Attached: shotaking.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

is baki really going to fight one of these guys? he seems so far beyond their level.

Jesus what is that skinny kid made of? Is HE a Baki character?

the whole point of this setup is to show just how far above the standard sukune is, without having just chapter after chapter focusing on him directly.

all these sumo are going to be put in their place by the true bakibro tier fighters, or at least one of them will be defeated so handily that the others give up.

sukune is to those rikishi as baki is to mma fighters. baki and sukune are myth and legend, chaos, enho are just "real" guys.

makes sense. i'm guessing shibukawa will be the lone loser.

>Lost to Baki and made him imaginary miso

That boy wants to live.

why Baki doesn't shadow boxing against himself for infinite training?

Because the imaginary him would only be as strong as when he imagined it.

but he IS the strongest

But he's imagined up Yuujiro before. And giant insects.

I can't wait to see the main characters Dab on sumo. Although I'm kind of wondering how karate will do against sumo since karate doesn't really focus on grappling

The previous Dou established Baki keeps going after fighting his father is that he just has fun fighting and training, he doesn't care about becoming something, he just likes going on.

That's where Liquid Retsu 2000 years of chinese fighting sonic punches come in.
I can picture him hitting one of the sumo on the belly causing ripples all over the guy body.

Well, if he can imagine things stronger than himself, why not spend his time doing that for fun?

Because that's not what he likes doing for fun. That would be just tryharding to Baki, probably.

DOPPO BEST BAKI