You're Reading in the Wrong Direction!!

Whoops! Guess what? You're starting at the wrong end of the comic!
...It's true! In keeping with the original Japanese format, Yea Forums is meant to be read from right to left, starting in the upper-right corner.
Unlike English, which is read from left to right, Japanese is read from right to left, meaning that action, sound effects and word-balloon order are completely reversed... something which can make readers unfamiliar with Japanese feel pretty backwards themselves. For this reason, manga or Japanese comics published in U.S. in English have sometimes been "flopped" - that is, printed in exact reverse order, as though seen from the other side of a mirror.
By flopping pages, U.S. publishers can avoid confusing readers, but the compromise is not without its downside. For one thing, a character in a flopped manga series who once wore in the original Japanese version a T-shirt emblazoned with "M A Y" (as in "the merry month of") now wears one which reads "Y A M"! Additionally, many manga creators in Japan are themselves unhappy with the process, as some feel the mirror-imaging of their art skews their original intentions.
We are proud to bring you Christopher Poole's Yea Forums in the original unflopped format. For now though, turn to the other side of the book and let the adventure begin...!

-Editor

Attached: Wrong Direction.png (439x566, 198K)

Attached: 1559813709486.jpg (1528x1200, 741K)

Underrated thread

!desaB

underrated bump

いいね
さすがOPさん!

VERY good thread

Attached: I came here to laugh with.jpg (565x407, 119K)

I always remember that May/Yam analogy when I'm explaining it to myself because nobody has ever asked me about manga localisations.

nice thread

I really wanted the nip cashier at my local Borders, too. It was a whole experience going and buying the next few Kenshin volumes and keeping my voice from quavering while checking out.

I don't understand

This nigga unironically has never read a non-pirated manga in his entire poorfag life.

No way fag.

Attached: 1567543132425.png (420x282, 111K)

You've never gone to the local library and read some comics?
tfw some of my best memories are when my parents dropped me off at the library for hours as a kid with enough change get myself a meat pie and a drink for lunch
In hindsight they just wanted to be rid of me for a day but better than just sitting me in front of a tv or giving me a mobile phone to play with like I imagine happens these days.

>I'm forced to stay home everyday to take care of my mother, who has been sick for over 15 years.

Zoomers

Did she like manga?

I think so, she usually smiled at me when ringing me out. Maybe customer service though, or perhaps she really just wanted that chubby nervous 15yo dick.

you know i'd wear this as a shirt

>Japanese is read from right to left
Shut the fuck up. Am I reading a God Damn Quran?
As long as I see English, I will read it what our forefathers taught us for it is the American Way.

Whish i had something like this when i read my first manga,had to read that shit 3 times until i got it right

I went to Yea Forums once but for some reason their comics don't follow the majority reading standard so nothing made sense.

A pure time before I knew how terrible VIZ was

>Read a fuck ton of manga
>Go pick up a western book
>End up bringing the back of the book to my face

Attached: 1495148029452.png (680x535, 372K)

First manga thread?
for me it was love hina

Not him but my local publisher mirror imaged Pokémon Adventures for the first 40 volumes or so, making it read left to right.

Attached: 1567592082908.jpg (729x633, 110K)

zatch bell. i still have the first 5 volumes on my shelf with yellow pages.

Attached: gashu.jpg (329x499, 44K)

So I thought what I'd do is just cut up the panels and rearrange them instead. What could possibly go wrong?

Attached: 0100._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x360, 36K)

That's pretty bad, but not as bad as me trying to color in all of the pages.
With highlighters and sharpies.

Attached: 51EVXXXRQZL.jpg (336x500, 40K)

In my country they used the Live/Evil analogy

I think you may be confused. Dark Horse did that for their localized releases.

>OLEV
What did she mean by this /ɐ/?

>Bookswap in 4th grade
>I got a copy of .hack//Legend of the Twilight Vol.1, my first exposure to manga
>Quickly find out that there was a 2 page spread of a bunch of girls in a hot spring in it.
>Show it off to a few people at recess.
>Lots of people keep bothering me to see it, getting on my nerves
>Teacher catches wind of what whats going on
>Teacher tells me to give the book to her
>Like a dumbass, I thought she would just hold on to it and give it back to me at the end of the day.
>Ask her for it back later
>Sends me to back to the bookswap instead, end up having to get a book I already had because all the good books were already gone.
I will never not be mad about this

Attached: KC Angerey.gif (392x410, 332K)

The Zelda manga honestly

I don't understand the purpose of this thread, but I have read some flipped manga in my first days, but thats about it

I can't remember mine