I've read the first four volumes of this and I think it's pretty dope so far...

I've read the first four volumes of this and I think it's pretty dope so far. I've never seen it being discussed here though. What's Yea Forums's consensus?

Attached: 51yyTfgsFsL._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (342x499, 31K)

The story has some really, really bad problems.
Characters stay consistently great for the most part.

The story seems pretty sporadic as it is so far. Are there plot holes that turn up or something? And I'm glad to hear the characters stay strong at least, they're the best part so far.

>I've never seen it being discussed here though
Lurk for two years before posting.

Pretty good, introduces some generic elements in the last third.
No plot holes alright, there's one inconsequential one you probably won't even notice and the mystery is handled impressively well.

There was an anime announced a few months ago. Since then, nothing.

I think it's good but it was a mistake to keep going without Kaimen for so long.
What was the plot hole?

>I've never seen it being discussed here though.
It was discussed a lot when it was being published between the hiatuses. But the ending was lame.

I loved it but felt like it had lost momentum when it entered its final arc, I think it reached its climax much earlier. Still, the universe, characters, atmosphere and everything else surrounding it are amazing

Curse/Risu recognizes Ebisu in the first volume when Kaiman chomps on her and it's later revealed that this is because he saw her picture on a vial of her magic. Only, in the picture she's wearing her mask and when Curse sees her the mask is off so he shouldn't have been able to recognize her.

This desu. It lost a bit of steam during the last couple of volumes. It felt like it dragged on a bit. I'm also like 99% sure it was supposed to end at least a couple of volumes earlier than it did.

It's probably still the most enjoyable I've ever read though.

Art style is really neat except for the tumor-tits, humor and atmosphere is great, characters are a strong point, and there's no other manga that's quite like it. In some senses it feels very western. Overall, I'd consider it excellent if it didn't have one glaring major flaw; it's as slow as molasses, and the mangaka tried to keep up the suspense by constantly throwing tidbits and flashbacks at the reader which told them absolutely nothing of consequence and only really came together in the last two volumes or so. The entire thing could have been done in 10 volumes instead of 23, and it would have been better for it. I wouldn't even mind it if it were that long because it took more time for characterization or even if it had more SoL bits with Caiman and Nikaido or something like that, but it's mostly just long because the characters kept running around in circles without achieving anything until the mangaka finally decided it was time to let go.
Also, spoiler: some of the best characters are absent for long stretches of the manga.
Overall it's still worth a read now that it's all out and you don't have to wait for each new chapter, but somehow reading it quickly makes the pacing issues even more glaring.

I recently finished it and agree. During the last chapters (and now with Dai Dark) things got so comedic and heavy on narration/exposition that it felt like the main story was being made out of omake page material.

it's pretty long and twisting and apeshit, but the atmosphere is 10/10 throughout.

Attached: doro0126-001.jpg (1115x1600, 460K)

Attached: 1565712262137.png (400x521, 127K)

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Loved that manga. I should reread it.

I like the tits desu.

Waiting for the final vol to be published but it's a really good read.

Characters and world are top quality. Art is cool too.

One of my favorite 1st pages to any manga.

Attached: dorofront.jpg (675x1200, 289K)

>. I've never seen it being discussed here though.
Probably because it ended
>What's Yea Forums's consensus?
Generally it's considered pretty great. Slight worry about the future anime adaptation not doing the art justice

Tetsujo is cute

It's one of my favorite manga, even though the plot kind of disappeared near the end.

I read it all in one go and I didn't have any problems with the pacing until the last arc. I thought it kept up a good pace up to then. The "tidbits and flashbacks" served to slowly reveal the mystery bit by bit, so I never felt like I was cheated by a lack of revelation. It felt like a giant puzzle which was hugely satisfying to try and figure out.

Also, what's wrong with the tits?

I can't even think of something that is similar in terms of atmosphere and story.
And for some stupid reason some people say that Nihei's and Hayashida's works are alike. Maybe the somewhat scribbly artstyle, but they are very, very different when it comes to content.

We get that you're a newfag.