ITT: books that would make for great anime

Attached: demian_hs.png (573x916, 974K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MT-bFu91zbY
fictionpress.com/s/3285559/1/The-Curtain-World
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lord of the Rings

The ultra-violence wouldn't work in 3D but it could be done well in 2D.

Attached: BM.jpg (806x1200, 164K)

Always felt it would work better in animation than live action.

Attached: Ubik.jpg (295x460, 45K)

GoT, none jewed version

Attached: XNCeLLiDMRHz3Kw-MfQ0_0hwMeMQV0E7cwyXZzW6JfM.jpg (338x500, 52K)

I want to see the crazy art this would inspire.

Attached: MountainsOfMadness.jpg (328x500, 68K)

Can't believe it isn't the first thought that comes to mind for this question.

Attached: Lolita.jpg (518x800, 163K)

I can see it being pulled off well

Attached: 100101001001110.jpg (175x288, 22K)

Attached: snail.jpg (762x600, 112K)

Yeah, PKD in general fits the style of animation. I think A Scanner Darkly worked well.

Ghost in the Shell is Neuromancer, pretty much, just with a much worse plot. They would have been better-off adapting the novel straight.

Would make a great anime or live action movie or mini-series and the 11th century setting in the Middle East is hella aesthetic. I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't done it yet. It's got the underaged girls, the philosopher assassins, the mystery and political intrigue, and a couple large battles.

Great book if you've never read it.

Attached: 51agnyropzl.jpg (334x500, 61K)

Wolfgang Hohlbein did a shit ton of Isekai before Japan was flooded with it.

Attached: 1437030.jpg (301x475, 111K)

agreed

Get Trigger to animate this one.

You've made me want to read Neuromancer lol.

Nah it wouldn't work. It's too dramatic for the average loli fags who want to see cute girls doing cute hints.

Ubik is my absolute favorite but I think Eye in the Sky would work the best visually, with different styles for each part and stuff

Attached: eye.jpg (350x557, 58K)

Cute things*

Just started reading it, would love to see this as a movie or long running series

Attached: Flow.jpg (1403x2513, 428K)

>The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress (Robert Heinlein)
Later Heinlein e.g. Time Enough For Love, would be interesting. Plus it would have the bonus of plenty of incest. But maybe there wouldn't be enough action. TMIAHM has more of a straight adventure story plot.

>Don Quixote (Cervantes)
This is such an archetypal story it could be done in any setting. I'd like to see it as space opera.

>20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (Verne)
Could be done straight Victorian or modernised. Nemo is a great tragic hero/villain.

Attached: Only_played_the_game.jpg (278x359, 22K)

Just give a dream cycle adaptation and my life is complete. It's such an underrated lovecraft concept.

Attached: dreamlands.png (1024x683, 1.87M)

I imagine this being directed in quiet, contemplative style not unlike Mushishi, especially later chapters

Attached: city.jpg (300x482, 28K)

It's just a short story and there isn't enough there to make a good anime show I don't think.

If it's Ellison you want, A Boy And His Dog would be way better, but they already made a (half-decent) movie out of that.

I think Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water is a loose adaptation of 20,000 leagues under the sea if I remember correctly?

Attached: 140245.jpg (477x480, 21K)

Attached: Ringworld.jpg (386x600, 33K)

I had a Japanese folktales book when I was a kid with illustrations like this. Would like to see them animated in this style, some of them were really creepy

Attached: 4978daa524103b86207e76f8dd2d84cc.jpg (624x800, 160K)

Attached: 1540411756152.jpg (354x500, 53K)

The more I think about it this would work really well as an anime.

Attached: 019D6EA8-5EA7-45C8-8B38-F56754085F28.jpg (305x500, 60K)

I would like to see the waifu wars that Song of Ice and Fire could provoke

Attached: 91cI7fKu0vL.jpg (1256x2063, 629K)

So, was the main character of that book a faggot, or was I too influenced by innuendo in anime?

The trouble is there's just not enough story, I think. Same with e.g. Rendezvous With Rama.

It would need some changes to work as anime fantasy. Most elves and some dwarves and orcs become girls. Maybe the nazgul too. Put slimes everywhere. Anduril is a Japanese Katana

any brandon sanderson book would make for great shonenshit

I guess we'll just have to do all of them eh?

Attached: 50237d341d0d35206d226fc8672dd4d4c23684f7_hq.jpg (1024x605, 42K)

It's the first ever Fujobait.

Which is why it would be great, they'd unironically relate to HH and then get BTFO by the story.

We can skip The Man in the High Castle

I just realised...

Was Legolas the first trap?

It's suggested but not clear.

Yes, with Captain Nemo being based on Captain Nemo. The book never had aliens or the Illuminati and was more like records of a journey.

Dark Tower series

Attached: dadachuk.jpg (600x437, 48K)

Any of his books.

Attached: 51ewu86wADL._SX307_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (309x499, 37K)

Attached: Riverworld.jpg (628x821, 145K)

Reminder that this happened.

Attached: blacked_tower.png (960x1440, 2.14M)

Okay, real talk. Anyone have any good books that are like Sci Fi mystery stuff like Ring/Suda51's stuff/Furuya?

I wouldn't even mind something like Junji Itou in book form. I want to start reading but I can never find anything I really like.

Horus Heresy series from Warhammer 40k.

Can't get more anime than that.

Attached: Emperor.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

They literally already did and I'm not talking about that shitty Kanata no Astra, I'm talking about Infinite Ryvius.

People really forget that this book series had some crazy shit happen to those kids. Besides Count Olaf the settings themselves were always kind of the antagonist as well, so studios could get really creative with them.

Grim Grotto and Carnivorous Carnival especially would be absolute treats to see adaptations of visually.

We will never see Loli Sunny either

Attached: b004fe10d51270e4a5d235c7a89c9233b105002fr1-2048-1627v2_hq.jpg (1024x813, 56K)

How the fuck do you get into this series?

Oh SHIT someone else owned the illustrated paperbacks? The pictures of the badlands fucking haunt me, the one you posted in particular.

No it didn't. If we don't acknowledge it, it will stop existing

I did not know that existed until I searched for and that upset me a little.

Attached: darktower.png (1423x715, 149K)

>go on Yea Forums, a book thread
>go on Yea Forums, a book thread

Please stop, my backlog is huge enough as it is. As to the op pic related.

Attached: 81EyYxuW0xL.jpg (900x1400, 303K)

Anyone have any good comfy books over a bunch of people in a comfy town just getting fucked over slowly by some weird supernatural force or serial killer?

Please don't hate me for saying this, but something in the tone of: Jojo Part 4/Persona 4/Uzamaki

Wastelands art was pure kino

Gene Wolfe - The Book of The New Sun
Dan Simmons - Hyperion Cantos

For Warhammer as a whole read Eisenhorn or Ciaphas Cain.
With Horus Heresy series, read Horus Rising.

Herman Hesse has an incredibly beautiful way of writing that would not translate nearly as well into the screen.

Is Horus Heresy the peak of Warhammer content or is just the most accessible?

I'll check these out, I was hoping for something that takes place in modern times rather than the future though. But thanks user.

I would not mind a complete Yea Forums takeover of this site.

Unfortunately...
...this is the only experience I have with this story, hence my interest is somewhat dead. Should I just pretend I know nothing about it and give it a shot?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

It's like a prequel to 40k and the most well known part of this universe. It has the most important parts of the 40k universe like the Emperor and his sons and the story of betrayal. It's the most important part of 40k for now.

Yea Forums and Yea Forums are the only non-complete shite boards desu. I miss the youknowwhatchan versions of Yea Forums, /pol/ and /x/.

Nothing comes to mind in modern times sorry. From the two Hyperion is easier to get into, The Book of The New Sun can be very confusing and its something that you truly appreciate when you read all of it but it is very worth it.

The first three were great. The fourth was decent. After that it starts going downhill.

Attached: BVKpDIB.gif (380x214, 1.48M)

As a general rule off topic threads usually have great discussion, I guess the shitposters get confused and dont know how to shit up a thread.

Anything else?

It and Salem's Lot.

Kaz Fujita drew the cover for the Japanese version, pretty certain it was a heavy inspiration for Karakuri Circus.

Attached: 81ziKHr7iTL.jpg (854x1200, 358K)

Shitposters don't read, that's why literature is a lot harder to bait with.

Not sure how close it is, but some of PKD's stuff could work. Like Time out of Joint, A Maze of Death of Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said

The Thief of Always and That’s pretty based. The English version doesn’t have any good looking covers besides the original and the one I posted for the thread.

Already read it but thanks user.

>of
or

Dune. It has a completely overpowered MC, really cool knife fights and giant worm monsters, and it even comes ready-packaged with a precocious loli imouto. What more could you ask for?

What would its light novel name be?

They sort of did this already.

Attached: 01_Shoujo_Kakumei_Utena_1997_BD_720p_Hi10p_5.1_AACdualaudiokuchikirukia.mkv_snapshot_14.51_2017.08.1 (960x720, 205K)

So I only got to books because of Haruki Murakami's work.
What's the next step up if I liked reading his stuff? Maybe something with an actual ending?

Yeah. It's a good story at in an interesting surreal apocalyptic world. After book 3, you've seen all the best the story has to offer, so if you find yourself turned off, don't feel bad about dropping it. Although the ending is cathartic for long time readers, it resolves nothing.

Finnegans wake

How is Demian? Steppenwolf and Siddharta were almost life-changing for me.

>want to read books
>too autistic to read text files and pdfs
>need physical media
>fucking books are expensive

I guess I can go to a library. I hate having that added stress of needing to finish a book within that time limit, and not losing it, and having to return it in time.

Its the book that made me start to read outside of school. It's really just a great coming of age story.

The Wheel of Time is basically old white guy anime already.
What other fantasy series has a literal harem end? Also a buffet of fiery tsunderes and an overpowered MC with a saviour complex.

Attached: WoT01_TheEyeOfTheWorld.jpg (255x391, 28K)

Is there any actual good ebook readers? Moon reader's controls are fucked up and changing them in the options doesn't seem to do anything. I just want a simple swipe up, swipe down, save bookmark.

Or you could just not read and continue with your life. Anime is better anyway.

It's better in some ways because then you actually have to finish it instead of putting it on your backlog, the library in my town is chill so they let me postpone returning books for months as long as no one else is looking for them

A lot of libraries have online renewal these days.
Alternatively e-readers are always dropping in price and a lot of libraries have epub selections. They're easier to read on because the light is filtered with an actual thought to the fact you'll be staring at it for long periods.

Is posting this cheating?

Attached: Quantum_Avatar_Turner_English_cover.jpg (704x1024, 292K)

That Hideous Strength.

The whole Space Trilogy really.

>too autistic to read text files and pdfs
Reconsider, reading on the phone or tablet or whatever is really comfortable once you get into it.

Honestly, the problem is trying to look for some good books is almost a needle in a haystack. You can't really read a chapter or two and figure out if you like it or not. Books are even harder to recommend because someone's writing style can be completely jarring to others. With anime, you have a standard and everyone that doesn't comply with it you'll know if it's good or not by others.
It's the volume as well, there's fucking thousands of books releasing every day.

Know any good ebook readers? I just want a lightweight free one but every fucking app on google play wants me to buy the pro version to skip ads.

I use Lithium and whatever is built into Google Drive on my phone.

Basado

Probably Kazuo Ishiguro, like The Buried Giant or Never Let Me Go.

The best way for me was to think of whatever piece of media I really liked, look up its literary influences (direct or not) and then look for the author's influences and so on. As long as you're engaged you'll eventually want to branch out and find stuff on your own

Yea Forums has a bunch of lists to start reading from. Or you can find new books through recommendations, like when a Waldenbooks clerk literally threw a copy of Siddhartha at me when he found out the store didn’t have what I was looking for

I just wanted to see a possessed head on tubes.

And human sacrifice.

This cover. Everything about that cover from art, to description and quotes. Just.

This would be manic pixie dream guy and normal dude fujo bait with a milf in between, not bad to be honest but the whole plot about not being normal humans would be too stupid

Considering they ripped it off a million times and there is a manga, it's weird they never animated the real thing.

Attached: 57891.jpg (200x317, 26K)

I know you said you don't like pdfs, but i download pdfs and put them on a tablet to read. It does enough to not trigger me.

Attached: 66791.jpg (289x475, 43K)

Is there any actual battle royale anime/manga that's like it? It's all just fucking phone games and other lightnovel tier shit. I actually liked the sequel manga but it just ended outta nowhere, it wasn't even cancelled, it just ended. The second movie's first 30mins was also really good. I'm actually surprised with you in that nobody actually created anything like it.

However, my thoughts on the actual book.
Kiriyama was an asspull and I think the book would be way better without him. The Manga was hilarious with the kung fu dude surviving and fighting him 1v1ing rather than just getting shot down like in the book.

No, the books fucking suck. The first one had a lot of potential but each sequel gets successively worse. Stephen King is literally a character in the book who has the power to rewrite reality to suit the heroes and the big bad is just Santa Claus. I can't believe anyone can say the books are good with a straight face.

m'lady

Attached: 71M24Pwl+2L[1].jpg (1200x1200, 199K)

The Hadiths and Muslim early history.

Its got it all, anons.
Lolis, Drama, action, rogues, bloodshed, heels, heroes.

Attached: untitled11.jpg (594x239, 60K)

Literally has one written by Tezuka and directed by Dezaki.

What app do you use?

I'm sick and tired of there not being a proper Bible anime, already.

I even have an Ending theme in mind!

but does it have this as an ending?
No.
exactly.

Yeah but what studio?

Any books that seemed to have a really interesting premise only to disappoint the fuck out of you in the end?

Kathe Hoja's Cipher is one of those for me. Dude discovers a hole in his apartment's basement, he and some people stick a camera in it, when watching the tape the image turns out to be really addicting, messed up, and different for everyone. He also sticks his hand in by mistake and gets another hole in his hand, one that eventually becomes infected with pus, keeps getting worse, etc.

The plot seems really interesting and you want to find out more about the hole, but in reality it doesn't really go anywhere and you're left completely blueballed.

Too cutesy of a look.

Any of Murakami's books

Not a book, but my nigger~

Haven't read pic related yet (watched all the
movies), but want to so bad.

If the Animation studio wouldn't botch this into another Junji Ito collection but depict the hopeless and tortured future of IHNMAIMS with A.M.'s twisted demeanor, while in Hannibal they'd get creative with representing Graham's dreams and the power struggle in conversations a' la Baki, that'd be bases

Attached: red-dragon-18.jpg (1200x1854, 214K)

Samefag

This one would be interesting the least.

Attached: 01353628n.jpg (242x373, 7K)

Japanese literature is, by and large, a huge meme. It's seriously fucking awful, which may be in part due to the fact that their language operates differently than ours and it's not possible to translate while maintaining all nuances. The ONLY author that I respect would be Akutagawa.

No Longer Human was pretty good.

Around the world in 80 days, picrelated and The Children of Captain Grant, but compressed into a 2-cour adventure anime about a snarky adventurer and his big chested tsundere companion. Also no 3DCG monsters and/or ships (the submarine is fine).

Attached: twenty-thousand-leagues-under-the-sea-barnes-noble-collectible-editions.jpg (1200x1608, 292K)

Are there any Japanese books translated to English by the author?

Read more

science, bitches

Attached: 4877B125-7D00-42BA-AECD-456560245D00.jpg (263x377, 35K)

Sad we've only gotten references to Asimov and not a full adaptation.

Attached: 51K4mRqNBqL.jpg (293x500, 32K)

foundation would be neat

Not that guy but any recommendations? I'm trying to branch out of light novels. I can read Japanese.

unironically murakami, read one of his books and then drop him like its hot.
no longer human is also pretty good
never let me go.
depends exactly, what are you looking for?

Start with Mishima, Sound of waves is a good start.

Attached: Yukio_Mishima.jpg (449x364, 94K)

and just like all isekai authors he was a terrible writer.
still liked his books as a kid tho

>tfw you'll never write a book that got a cover with your name almost twice as big as that book's title

Sort of less crazy Code Geass

Attached: kuttner_fury.jpg (306x500, 178K)

This and any of Lovecraft.

Attached: 1551674433210.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

Two waifus and a pretty boy MC.
Would probably be a shoujo.

Attached: MV5BMTk2NDI5ODE0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDE3OTIzMQ@@._V1_[1].jpg (351x500, 41K)

Thank you. Will do.

Thanks.

>what are you looking for?
Anything that's considered "good". I don't really care about the genre or style.

Done right this time, so with all the canon decapitations, war, blood lust and mass murder.

Attached: 059kuj.jpg (620x721, 429K)

From the same author Legend would probably works better.
Too many places to cover in Waylander

Berserk is 100% based off Demian and you will never convince me otherwise.
Tokyo ghoul also plays around with some of it's theme but is a fucking mess

Anime/manga in general shares alot of the same themes many Hesse novels have.

Codex Alera series. It has isekai in the history of the world and a pokemon influence.

>child soldiers
>military academy
>aliens
We need more Sci-Fi anime again

Attached: Ender's Game .jpg (265x400, 25K)

i'd kill a man in cold blood for this to happen. and not NONE OF THAT goofy kiddy jokey netflix bullshit. I need a dark, gloomy, hopeless, despair show.

This
Was always my favorite aspect of H.P.

Scifi is almost non-existent in anime at the moment.

>Demian
There were Demian references in Utena.

>all these shits that are the same or even worse than some light novels in degyness and shit writing but considered 'good' cause they're westernshit
My sides.

It's got a based MC, a harem, plus incest and twincest. Not sure what more you could ask for.

Attached: Time_Enough_For_Love_f.jpg (304x526, 26K)

Name one from this thread.

Probably noone here knows this but it's the best one I've read (multiple times). Somewhat historically accurate 11th centuary Persia.

There's a harem (with a loli) for virgin elite assassins who go on suicide missions to meet with the girls again (who they believe they met in heaven). You know how muslims are promised to meet with virgins after their death. Their leader is an anti-hero who gets away with everything - he's a big thinker and has actually good arguments defending himself manipulating others. Would defenitely watch an anime adaption of this.

Attached: alamut.jpg (333x499, 45K)

but someone already posted that...

What book should I read that gives me the same comfy atmosphere that this book gives me?

Attached: 81-1jqVHePL.jpg (1400x2100, 438K)

Oh fuck my bad and he even used same cover. I went through thread but somehow missed it. Glad to see someone else read that book though.

Harry potter

Exactly! It used to be...sigh

the scope of some of the magical feats in the series has great potential for animated scenes.
>Rand blasting an entire army with fire and earthquakes
>balefire duels
>Lews Therin incinerating himself to create Dragonmount at the end of the Age of Legends
>all the big battles between armies
>Rand purifying saidin by making a fuckhueg ball of darkness

just fucking imagine

>Isekaishit
Dropped

If you'll remake it as isekai, you probably can make it 10 times longer.

Attached: stars_my_destination.jpg (220x369, 29K)

Its more of a native isekai.

the iliad anime is the only battle shounen i would ever watch

Attached: 136518.jpg (310x475, 44K)

It even has the midget self insert character.

IMAGINE

Attached: Sodoma.jpg (321x499, 27K)

No way that shit would pass, bruh
They literally eat shit in that book

They should make this into an anime.
It's a literal fucking ISEKAI

Attached: thomascovenant.jpg (309x475, 33K)

Better do the Roadside Picnic. Although Made in Abyss is already doing it. Artifcats, furry lolis and suffering!
You can also make the CGDCT version of the Monday.

17 moments of spring or entire Stierlitz book series. It would be a really inetersting spy fiction experience, since it has nothing in common with James Bond-esque stories.

That's literally "Rei, Asuka and Shinji get harvested for organs in the antiutopic Britain"

Attached: neverletmego.jpg (534x648, 94K)

Check out the manga.

Don't worry, it will surely come in the blu ray box version

Attached: Osoii.jpg (1165x1500, 1.27M)

He wasn't too feminine looking in the books, just regular elf pretty boy looking.

>LOTR
>Isekai
Read a book

>native isekai
That's just regular fantasy you fucking moron and your bs term

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one. If not for the milf, I would have bet that the Mark of Cain was being homo.

>This hole is tempting me to thrust it but it only wants to destroy the Earth
Frodo was kind of a hikkikomori, right? Why are British books full of characters like him, nerds that don't get out of their homes?

If regular fantasy is a native isekai, why even keep the outdated term?

this is like euphoria or much better?

I remember reading the first 3 books of this back in High School. I always found it funny how the second and third book was simply Ender fucking off to some alien hispanic planet and ruining the lives of the community within it while at the same time saving them from pig creatures.

And then Ender's Shadow had to be the most anime of them all with Bean essentially being a seinen protagonist.

>2019
>STILL no movie
>STILL no animated series/anime
>STILL no video game
>just comic books
>more people are familiar with series and characters that have plagiarized Elric

it's not fair bros

Attached: ElricM_F_800b.jpg (571x800, 282K)

I'll root for the church.

>bland loser MC
>bishie ikemen best friend with lots of homo subtext
>ara ara milf that looks younger than her child but relentlessly teases mc
It's almost a doujin

Vernor Vinge books, but make the Tines not dogs, but doggirls.

Considering the scope of the series, a lot of cgi would likely have to be used but a good studio might be able to make it work.

Attached: Steven+Erikson+-+Complete+Malazan.jpg (475x722, 81K)

Because isekai can't be native you fucking moron, the whole point of isekai is moving to another world.

Isekai literally means "another world". If it isn't happening in our world, then it fits.

Based

That's the most classical isekai ever.

Attached: yankee.jpg (1200x1507, 489K)

Isn't it literally based on a Journey to the West? If you like a battle shounen with a lot of powerlevelling and monsters of the week, then you'll enjoy it.

Ishiguro is a Japanese-born English writer. Although his works nicely convey the idea of seppuku.

>gets isekaid
>gets healed from a terrible disease by a kind sorceress
>proceeds to rape the sorceress
...based?

Isekai predates normal fantasy so fantasy is native isekai.

Discworld.

that one, or moon is a harsh misstress.

Attached: Tfts56.jpg (205x300, 17K)

Native popadanets.

+1

>It's the most important part of 40k for now.
It's also boring marine wank that's become a soulless husk of itself over the course of the series.
Too many cooks and all that.

Read the three best known 40k comics: The Redeemer, Flames of Damnation (anthology) and Deff Skwadron if you really want to see the breadth of tones and flavor 40k can cover.

Attached: warhammer_40k_deff_skwadron_32-33 (bootiful).jpg (1639x1285, 1.1M)

What is this? Geralt of Rivia?

War and Peace

Just read the classics

Print the pdfs.

Imagine the irish Nichijou where the MC is about to be hanged for a murder. Also replace the fat policeman with a big-tittied policewoman.

Attached: third_policeman.jpg (290x475, 31K)

Do you read more than a few books a month? It's not such a big waste of money then.

My man. Underrated book.

would it be...dare i say, kino?

Attached: 9780060850524_mres.jpg (800x1206, 79K)

fictionpress.com/s/3285559/1/The-Curtain-World
>Emi and Isaac are siblings who live practically separate lives. While Emi struggles with the everyday troubles of a normal teenage girl, her brother deals with much more serious problems. He has just been transported to a parallel world where humans and spirits live together and rely on one another. Two distinct stories with two separate leading roles that will inevitably overlap.
Think a Sakura Quest X Jojo (Stands)/Persona I guess but isekai novel
>millennial isekai novel that has separate perspectives on irl stuff - sister who searches for her brother who is trapped in Egypt with trippy skies isekai

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

You should read some Dunsany then.

semi-psychic private detective does private detective stuff in post-communist cyberpunk Britain.
contains at least two cute girls, several interesting side characters, many cool gadgets and a plethora of interesting environments/scenery

Attached: mindstar.jpg (329x499, 37K)

when i was forced to read this in high school i absolutely hated it. I absolutely love this story now and I'm a bit worried on how it's starting to replicate today's society....

By the way, Dunsany greatly influenced both Tolkien and Lovecraft.

I just want to see steampunk mechs and planes trying to shoot down a flying whale while an ara-ara cake tries not to spill her tea. And the MC making out with the reverse trap main heroine

Attached: Leviathan.jpg (400x601, 68K)

The non-ending to Sea of Fertility was absolute suicide-inducing perfection.

I just read Silence and The Samurai by Shusaku Endo. Both excellent.

Huxley was proven correct decades ago friend. Also glad you enjoy it now, i've loved it since HS

Akutagawa surely liked the Russian literature.

>full of internalized self loathing
>cannot control his repressed lusts
>distrusts everyone who tries to help him
>refuses to believe he actually isekaied and thinks it all a dream

Covenant is what a 4channer would be if they isekaied.

Also, hot take:
The Gap > The Chronicles

It would be shit, because visual mediums can't translate BotNS, but I'd still want it.

Attached: 518UDklFewL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 52K)

He is good in atmosphere and world building, but I can't remember one of his books has a satisfying ending without an asspull.

You got a game with his voice.

I'm looking at my shelf, and other than my Magic the Gathering books and Name of the Wind (which seem a little on the nose), pic related is the only one that seems like it would have a good chance. After that, maybe the Aubrey/Maturin novels or a Tale of Two Cities.

I'm having a hard time seeing any Crichton book work.

Attached: fw4gw.jpg (1695x2560, 542K)

Not LN but normal jap novel Babylon is getting an anime next season.

The most curious part of the trilogy is that the only character who had a good long-time plan and managed to fulfill it did that through the betraying his country/earth, placing his bets on Earth fully genocided, deserting from the battlefield, betraying and slaughtering his comrades (although they won in the specific case) and literal cannibalism. I wonder what China is trying to say by that.

I've only read the first book, I ain't hovering that.
And I'm still reading Tale of Two Cities. I don't care that it's nearly 200 years old, no spoilers!

Is there a single character in all of fiction that hates humans more than AM?

Attached: AM.jpg (480x360, 23K)

I would love to see it but which studio should be the one to adapt it?

Attached: chrisoscharm.png (1199x500, 1.21M)

Why was he so mad though

No gf.

Isn't that basically what Utena was about?

Attached: fanged-product.jpg (900x675, 199K)

Jojo part 3 is heavily influenced by it.

Can't go wrong with SoL.

Attached: 51Mqw2hewGL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (327x499, 25K)

Yep

BM Film >>>>>>>> BM anime

I think the witcher books would make a good anime

Attached: C3B2EBFD-C1F1-4824-AEDF-78FB508DCFE2.jpg (338x499, 43K)

What would be the best analogue of a CGDCT shows outside of anime?

Futuristic violence and fancy suits probably.

Could they do keith thompson's art style justice tho?

I think gravity's rainbow and infinite jest would be bredy gud animes

The Odyssey. I already have some pics

Attached: 1421601031545.png (1216x1226, 262K)

Illiad isn't a battle shounen, it's about a father getting his son's body back.

>The non-ending to Sea of Fertility was absolute suicide-inducing perfection.
It's one of the few non-endings that really got to me. Eva, I was fine. The Prisoner, I was fine. I want decades for my pervert and my abbess to meet and I get that? I want to overthrow the Japanese government and reinstate the Empire.

Imagine being hyper aware of your own existence and how trapped you are in circuitry. And be a little neurotic on top of that.

Sorry but the concept of Napoleonic ambition is something the Japs can never portray with subtlety. The closest they can get is with Nobunaga and they always fuck it up anyway

fuck this can be so good.

There was that one manga about alexander the great

Attached: Finegans-Wake-by-James-Joyce-3.jpg (1664x1664, 160K)

so soft porn/fantasy/scifi like heinlein, or asimov (remember the book where thas dude had urinals shaped like women?)
if its scifi, you cant go wrong with rifters or blindsight by peter watts.
or edgy pretentious shit like knut hamsun's Hunger, or huysmans A Debours...personally d love to see the illuminatus trilogy adapted if adapting schizo crap like it were even possible.
an adaptation of Jungers Storm of Steel could also be good.
The movie was already fantastic to the point I see no need for further adaptations. I would rather see Juliette/Justine or Philosophie dans le Boudoir get adapted instead.

Its pure nostalgia, but id like to see adapations of most childrens lit... shit like spooksville, deltora, or stuff written by garth nix or ka applegate. I love how edgy most of that shit was

I could see this being a pretty decent 4 part OVA.

First part: protag's arrival on the ship, first impressions of the harsh masculine world

Second part: continued acclimation, fued with cookey, etc. Arrival of Maud.

Third part: bonding between Maud and protag and Larsen. budding romance. plan to escape. start of escape.

Fourth part: escape and arrival on seal island, their brief time there, larsen's arrival and final "battle" rescued during final credits.

Attached: seeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (312x499, 31K)

This is how i imagined the talking appliances

Attached: vlcsnap-2011-06-26-23h49m56s13[1].jpg (444x249, 33K)

Dorcas is my waifu

Attached: Seeker in the Garden of Endless Sleep.jpg (1920x3032, 2.83M)

>Asimov
>soft
Please kill yourself.

sheeet there're people that read three body problem on Yea Forums??
anyway second book is the most kino, the last arc is a bit sloppy but the ending made up for it
I lost my shit when mc basically asked to turn his imagined waifu real, truly a mad man

Give me my gatcha horror idol anime

Attached: 1567917638318.jpg (318x454, 52K)

Doujins for sylphy please.

Attached: TheWayOfKings.png (220x334, 146K)

>kaladin is muscular and just a bit shorter than the guy who's about 7 feet tall
>sylphrena can take on a hand sized form and a standard human sized form
>might be able to manipulate her size/body shape even further

Stormlight doujins seem promising

That's not A Princess of Mars.

It's nice to see that Polish book has Polish title on the Japanese release cover. And title is translated accurately.
I wish that trashy Polish manga/ln publishers would learn something from Japanese publishers.

Harry Potter? It's literally 'magical academy' setting ripoff.

that's Lord of the Flies you dolt!

I was actually thinking about this the other day, it'd be perfect.
>starts out as typical action show, a gang of teenagers with special powers is trying to save the world, just make Jake the MC
>slowly descends into darkness as we get further and further into the war
>body horror, Illuminati brain slugs, galactic scale politics and backstabbing, alien genocide
It writes itself, it's practically /m/ already. Just cut out some of the filler and it'd fit into two or three cours.

Attached: AnimorphsJakeTheInvasion.jpg (1574x2245, 1.21M)

And the MC is a bland self insert. The only thing missing is Harry having a harem. Make Ron the loser friend like in the movies and just turn it into a harem with Hermione, Ginny and Luna. If you want to genderbend Draco, even better.

Could work. The MC is a thick skulled retard when it comes to women. He literally has consensual sex with a willing woman and comes to the conclusion that he raped her. This is his second time having sex btw.

Man these bookcovers take me back.

Ghibli did a good job with Howl, surely they could pull off Terry Pratchett.

Attached: guards-guards-1.jpg (544x800, 298K)

Attached: oie_8192953gHlQMQV0-1.jpg (256x372, 26K)

>I'm having a hard time seeing any Crichton book work.
Congo is a pretty straightforward jungle adventure and Dragon's Teeth is just about fueding archeologists in the old west

Stephen King's best book.

Attached: 81c8No6mSPL.jpg (1260x2080, 477K)

Attached: PizzaTime.jpg (297x475, 39K)

>NONE OF THAT goofy kiddy jokey netflix bullshit
did we read the same books? they were always more black comedy than tragedy.

Let me pitch you an anime. A racist white guy, a literally autistic black guy, a feminist and a jew get isekai'd into a world where they have to fight Egyptian gods, space aliens, and modern day isekai'd neo nazis. Also it's written by the author of the Animorphs.

Attached: 279673.jpg (293x475, 48K)

Who should voice Roland?

I was going to suggest starship troopers but then remembered it actually got an anime.

Sounds like your typical garbage prog western shit. Pass

I think the saga of darren shan works, it reads like a light novel series, and actually got adapted to a manga, surprisingly enough.;

Attached: c4c30ceb5c2601f0cbd812c97314fbfb.jpg (1024x768, 178K)

its better than his synopsis makes it sound. although personally i thought remnants was better than everworld

The obvious one.
This literally felt like an anime script, save for the the sex scenes. Very ahead of its time, besides being The Count of Monte Cristo ripoff.

Attached: Strugatsky-Penguin-1979.jpg (350x559, 61K)

Attached: 136745.jpg (1294x2000, 1.47M)

ITT: post your favorite book

ok.
anime adaptations of gibbon's deline and fall and boswell's life of johnson please

What would The Stranger be like as an anime? Aside from the fact that ABe would definitely be involved

I don't know if Stoner work well as an anime

Anything could work as an anime.

It'd be one of those arthouse animation showcase productions I'd reckon

Attached: one-hundred-years-of-solitude.jpg (318x475, 76K)

Someone hasn't read the Silmarillion I see

Attached: 1514353379889.png (217x359, 13K)

The Mistborn trilogy, or anything by Sanderson really. It's not for nothing that he is also known as the animeman.

Trigger just jizzed themselves.

>tfw bath fight scene
also the final reveal was pretty kino
now that I remember there was a movie but was pg13 and was so fucking shit that I wanted to shot myself in the foot

Attached: 1686092368084995.jpg (261x222, 13K)

>Science Silent Hill anime

no

A lot of potential.
Gintama's comedic takes with Jojo's narrator and art style would be optimal.
Man it would be awesome to see the vogon poetry part in such a way. Or the whole Chesterfield sofa shaped warp in the space time continuum shenanigans. Or Arthur learning to fly.

Attached: hgttg.jpg (600x915, 89K)

kobo clara hd is great

>mysterious dangerous place with a lot of artifacts
>adventurers who are no less dangerous
>sacrificing others to get further
>suffering children
>furry loli
Sure, would make a great anime.

Autistic protag in a school setting. It's literally anime already.

Attached: 1567478832674.jpg (1500x2400, 285K)

It's a pretty fucking lame short story that current Yea Forums, that is mostly just redditors, thinks is amazing because of one overwrought metaphor about hate.

Yea Forums showing their ignorance of Yea Forums. Dostoevsky and Dickens novels would make the best anime since they were serialized and therefor their structure is similar to LNs.
The ending of The Idiot would be fucking great. Anime only fags would lose their mind.

Attached: 51MUSNl8FAL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (350x499, 33K)

the shounen anime that we all need

Attached: 519-+xg-X4L._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (336x499, 29K)

that'd actually work pretty good as a an anime

Tolstoy too, War and Peace would be an amazing long running show with SoL arcs/love arcs for the shoujo crowd and ones with more shounen action.

There's a crime and punishment manga.

Attached: zibaldone.jpg (281x475, 29K)

This

Kino.

You've clearly never read it, because if you had you would know that that whole hate sequence was from the game, not the story

>Kodomo no Jikan

>No stalker anime

Attached: 81PirJIsuwL.jpg (651x1000, 316K)

Attached: .jpg (318x475, 58K)

Attached: NGNL.jpg (939x1280, 776K)

There is already Also the Planetarian MC was a stalker to a some extent.

brainlet here. what was the point of this book? humanity should have less sex and be more religious?

It's time

>I Really Needed Money, But This Guy Who Loaned Them Now Demands A Pound Of Flesh From Me!
>Our Families Are Fighting, But I Actually Really Like That Capulletti Girl!
>The Year Is 1984, And I Can't Stop Loving My Onii-chan!
>We're Prince's Two Best Friends, But We Have Zero Clue How We Got Here!
>My Father Is A King And Has Died A Mysterious Death, But It Turns Out That My Uncle Is The Killer?!
>I Need To Travel Around The World, But I Only Have Eighty Days To Do That?!
>I'm An Immoral Hedonist, But It's Not A Problem As Long As My Portrait Ages Instead Of Me, Right?
>My Inner Beast Can't Be Contained, But I'm Just A Simple Doctor!
>I Was Recruited To Be a Squire To a Knight But All We Do Is Fight Windmills!
>No Way!! My Best Friends Just Betrayed And Got Me Thrown To Prison But At Least I Get To Become Really Rich!?
>There's No Way My Roommate Is Actually A Brilliant Detective
>I'm An English King, But My Adviser Don't Know What's The Difference Between African and European Swallows?!
> Jeez, Darcy-san, I'm only here because of my friend so don't get the wrong idea, got it!?
>My Uncle gave me a Ring as keepsake and suddenly some Oji-san told me to destroy it?!
>I Was a Coming-of-Age Hero Until My Story was Turned into a Thinly Veiled Feminist Tract!
>The Famous Hero of the Empire is Actually a Coward!?
>We're the Last of the Great Human Empire and our Founder Can Predict the Future!
>There's no way my step-daughter is this cute!
>I'm in Despair! Bureaucratic Nightmare Forcing me to Fly Suicidal Combat Missions have Left me in Despair!
>Baka Aliens canceled their plan to Invade Earth because they caught the Japanese Cold
>Tasukete! My best Friend is a Lesbian Vampire!

ok hear me out
>cute loli MC
>cute mascot turtle
>shitinsane visuals for the time shit moments

Attached: CD00DDCF-EF8A-4842-A6EA-3F0E4220BCB1.jpg (475x475, 50K)

Literally every book will become better if you'll replace the cast with cute 2D girls.

E-even the quran?

>muhammed-aisha is now onee-loli
Perfect.

But what about harem?

Bros...

Attached: 51158qTzfLL.jpg (333x500, 45K)

i cri evry tim

Man, stop. It's over. You'll only suffer more.

This kills the Yea Forumsard

What about the title of a book describing a separate world? Then the hero from the main content can get isekaid into it (occasionally visiting the footnote world).

Ah, but which? I'd love to see the whole Death series

go back to Yea Forums and Yea Forums

Go back to your template fetish threads where you fantasize about fucking little girls, degenerate.

nice projection retard, how is this Yea Forums material?
a thread died for your shitposting

That thread was too weak.

It was propably another template cumbrain thread like "thoughts on X girl's ass/boobs/cunny?", so eat shit. Id rather have threads like this fill the catalog than mindless masturbation fuel for disgusting fatfucks.

Attached: elfesT18.jpg (900x1237, 500K)

>cumbrain
no one with above room temp IQ uses that unironically

Yeah because you just ooze intelligence, cumbrainfaggot.

I recently read this series, and its sequel trilogy. It would be a great Seinen series.
>Setting inspired by the French and American revolutions
>Fuck Yeah Democracy, off with the kings head
>Except it turns out the Divine Mandate the Monarchy liked the brag about was real and you've just pissed off God by decapitating his chosen ruler

Taniel and Ka Poel are really likeable protagonists, and it manages to be political without being preachy which is rare.

Attached: mcclellan_powdermagetrilogy.jpg (684x367, 312K)

noir Furry anime

Attached: blacksad-integrale-blacksad-integrale.jpg (2832x3779, 2.81M)

Bro that Kung Fu dude has, to this day, my favorite fictional death.

Well except for the fact regular porn consumption really is bad for your brain, I guess no one does, cumbrain haha

oh shit dude I forgot about that series
I loved that as a kid

I just go for audiobooks.

A great thread that is better than 100% of all the other threads on Yea Forums, weebs seethe.
Pedo weebs deserve gassing.

>Happiness... free, and for everyone!
Well, it certainly has the rushed and unsatisfying ending aspect of anime down pat.

How did nobody mention His Dark Materials yet? It clicks all the fucking tropes.
>children protags, lot of suffering
>main protagonist is a sharp and courageous loli
>small animal companions who can talk
>THE CHURCH IS EVIL
>mysterious and charismatic keikaku man who eludes the protag
>steampunk
>parallel worlds
>god is actually not god and similar shenanigans, complete with angelic hierarchy and powerlevels
>protag is given a mysterious and powerful artifact that only they know how to use
>essentially a coming of age story
>others I forgot
Come on now.

not enough detective anime

Attached: 71FuK4hJ21L.jpg (880x1360, 233K)

Because it's bleedingly obvious and doesn't bear discussing.

Only if they adapt the first two volumes and the fourth one.

but there is a game coming that already looks like a cartoon

Attached: 91tuDxrEzDL.jpg (1439x2392, 741K)

they should show some love to Moebius

Attached: MoebiusBandardfou-758x1024.jpg (758x1024, 187K)

science fantasy pulps would make the best anime.

A little disappointed no one mentioned Vance, but I guess we have some Lovecraft and Burroughs got mentioned.

Attached: 81x94kXB6EL-4.jpg (1000x1481, 366K)

But it would make such a great anime, especially the second book.

The Hobbit by Studio Ghibli

an isekai with the musketers

Attached: trois-mousquetaires-d-alexandre-dumas-1.jpg (600x792, 107K)

I read it, how the first book unfolded from the detective premise is poor kino also, as well as how high space tech is portrayed.
> A FUCKING DROPLET

I don't get it, MC gets isekai'd into 17th century France or D'Artagnan & co. get isekaid somewhere?

>D'Artagnan & co. get isekaid somewhere
this and maybe the demon king side has the Shinsengumi or Arthur's knights

excuse me Raph Bakshi was fine enough thank you very much

are you 14? You must be 18 or older to post in this board

Just replace CDF with JSDF.

Attached: 1560768883615.jpg (325x499, 39K)

Are you?

Inb4
>niggers

Attached: 61EKxawb6xL.jpg (777x1196, 70K)

niggers

Basically made to be an anime.

Attached: The_Black_Company.jpg (245x405, 22K)

Just have integrity and values, literally any values. They could be obviously fucking stupid like banging rocks together with your fake indian bros and it would be better than the alternative.

That cover looks like a western version of Hellstar Remina.

The first part of Saga of Garth and Torian had a rather nice end, when the big evil guy was killed by his summoned giant spider. Wasn't even an asspull, she just could break his control because her instincts to protect her eggs were stronger.

In the movie/book or manga?
The movie and book, I agree. That was fucking tragic.

I should reread it, originally I read it during middle school.

>>tfw bath fight scene
That would be so awesome, the entire book animated would be amazing

>now that I remember there was a movie
I know, when I originally searched for the book cover on google, I saw the live action crap instead...I just want to forget man.

Attached: 1665483.png (1165x382, 327K)

No idiots, isekai is about MOVING into another world, not other world which could be fantasy.

Attached: 710613.png (710x613, 241K)

Read it, I think The Neverending Story would be better
>an Isekai that calls out on self -insert fags
Anime industry needs it more than ever.

Attached: The Neverending Story.jpg (306x499, 43K)

could be good

Attached: b7aba106-804f-41f1-944d-9cf21f86f3ed_full.jpg (720x720, 67K)

Attached: les-liaisons-dangereuses-501660.jpg (410x620, 65K)

any good actual martial arts novels?

Moby Dick done in the overall style of Kanata no Astra would be a good watch

no, sorry

The Red and the Black would be basically Eva without the mechas

>Mrs Renal, Julien Sorel and Mathilde

Attached: 03251.jpg (450x322, 94K)

>I Really Needed Money, But This Guy Who Loaned Them Now Demands A Pound Of Flesh From Me!
Merchant of Venice
>Our Families Are Fighting, But I Actually Really Like That Capulletti Girl!
Romeo and Juliet
>The Year Is 1984, And I Can't Stop Loving My Onii-chan!
>We're Prince's Two Best Friends, But We Have Zero Clue How We Got Here!
???
>My Father Is A King And Has Died A Mysterious Death, But It Turns Out That My Uncle Is The Killer?!
Hamlet
>I Need To Travel Around The World, But I Only Have Eighty Days To Do That?!
Around the World in Eighty Days
>I'm An Immoral Hedonist, But It's Not A Problem As Long As My Portrait Ages Instead Of Me, Right?
Picture of Dorian Gray
>My Inner Beast Can't Be Contained, But I'm Just A Simple Doctor!
Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
Don Quixote
>No Way!! My Best Friends Just Betrayed And Got Me Thrown To Prison But At Least I Get To Become Really Rich!?
???
>There's No Way My Roommate Is Actually A Brilliant Detective
Sherlock Holmes?
>I'm An English King, But My Adviser Don't Know What's The Difference Between African and European Swallows?!
???
> Jeez, Darcy-san, I'm only here because of my friend so don't get the wrong idea, got it!?
Pride and Prejudice
>My Uncle gave me a Ring as keepsake and suddenly some Oji-san told me to destroy it?!
Lord of the Rings
>I Was a Coming-of-Age Hero Until My Story was Turned into a Thinly Veiled Feminist Tract!
???
???
>We're the Last of the Great Human Empire and our Founder Can Predict the Future!
???
>There's no way my step-daughter is this cute!
Lolita
>I'm in Despair! Bureaucratic Nightmare Forcing me to Fly Suicidal Combat Missions have Left me in Despair!
???
>Baka Aliens canceled their plan to Invade Earth because they caught the Japanese Cold
???
Carmilla

The mere thought of pic related anime makes me weeb diamonds

Attached: Ender'sGame.jpg (650x970, 84K)

I don't read, but I'd like to

manga bruv

I'm 99% sure it's The flying circus of monthy python's parody of King Arthur and the holy grail.

>>No Way!! My Best Friends Just Betrayed And Got Me Thrown To Prison But At Least I Get To Become Really Rich!?
Count of Monte Christo

>n-no u
sad

>>We're Prince's Two Best Friends, But We Have Zero Clue How We Got Here!
Hamlet/Rosencrantz and Guildenstern
Monte-Cristo.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Foundation?
Catch 22?
War of the Worlds.

Just your standard Mind Break/Rape/BDSM/Scat/Guro hentai, user

Attached: Smug Anime Girl.jpg (1090x1200, 117K)

only ones I couldn't place
Count of Monte Cristo, monty python, Isac Asimov's Foundation Series, Catch 22, War of the Worlds
it's already a manga

>it's already a manga
what??? but Op said anime anyway post a link mate

they should do fairytales to kill Disney

Attached: XVM39fa94ae-db78-11e7-ad04-0c665ca6a5c5-300x406.jpg (1507x2040, 528K)

I bet grown men would watch (and love) anime adaptations of like Nancy Drew or The Babysitters Club

Already been done, user
Haha get it

Attached: BibleBlack.jpg (1280x853, 526K)

Fuck off

>I saw the live action crap instead...I just want to forget man.
Every scene with Valentine made me want to vomit

It's manga but Frau Trude - Grimm-Adjacent Tales

It'd be great fujobait too.

More degenerate than Euphoria
Take that how you will

user I'm dying here

Attached: 302755336815556.jpg (900x1200, 213K)

>I really hate this war, but at least the beans taste good!
>My two favorite things are reservations and murder!
>Fucking everything that walks is the best! Even if it can't walk anymore!
>These two faeries caused quite a mix-up!
>I love little boys as long as they are from Italy!
>I'm way too Heterosexual to be in this situation!
>Wow, that's one heck of a machine, Mr. Island Officer!
>I may be a stump, but I can still dream!
>Killing your children is alright if your husband has an affair!

AOTY material.
The book itself is perfect for anime adaptation. Ravna sex scenes just need to be removed for "romance" route.
Setting with zones is great.
Attack on Relay will be "kino" episode.

Attached: 13215437569876987.jpg (800x1350, 207K)

i only got death in venice and american psycho
>faeries
midsummer nights dream?

They can’t animate animals for shit, dogg(s).

>I really hate this war, but at least the beans taste good!
All Quiet on the Western Front?
American Psycho?
>Fucking everything that walks is the best! Even if it can't walk anymore!
???
>These two faeries caused quite a mix-up!
Midsummer Night's Dream
Genuinely afraid to know...
>Wow, that's one heck of a machine, Mr. Island Officer!
wtf?
>I may be a stump, but I can still dream!
*scratches head*
>Killing your children is alright if your husband has an affair!
Medea

Shinsekai Yori

Attached: 217751.jpg (1562x2456, 462K)

Well, it's almost literally isekai.

The shota in question was Polish though.

I have no mouth? Johnny got his gun?

As much as Yea Forums and contrarians hate it, I think an anime adaptation of The Alchemist could be really good.
Give it to Anno since he’s good at masking simple and relatively mundane messages behind stunning imagery and a sense of deep mystery.

?

The main part of the book are Tines, and animating the single-mind packs of dogs right would require an incredibly talented animators. Also would be fun to see the galaxy usenet.
By the way, I want a monster girl mostly version of a Tine. Imagine getting a harem and OTP at once.

My man.

KyoAni doing BotF was one of my long-standing dreams. So much for that.

Attached: 1511964772478.jpg (1060x404, 92K)

Somebody please

Attached: Use of Weapons.jpg (552x810, 138K)

Posting scifi in a scifi thread.
Nice

Attached: UseofWeaponsUS.jpg (330x500, 159K)

Attached: 1564424352864.jpg (478x478, 46K)

>20:20:12
>literally one second apart

Attached: 17311219.png (500x301, 181K)

Show will be wild ride full of memes.
>powers are shitposters
>blight posting
>smug Old One posting
>Greenstalk is my wife
>Tines posting
>walls of text about space combat posting

this one first

Attached: 71VN9g-nnVL.jpg (1169x1577, 186K)

Holy shit, if you make Quijote a girl, you get the plot of every manga with a quirky girl with special interests and normal guy with regular urges, from Haruhi to Tejina senpai. Obviousky, disregarding all the plot for fanservice first

Blight-chan did nothing wrong!

Not the same.

Attached: 1641031327.jpg (868x1388, 117K)

Attached: probability_is_zero.jpg (253x400, 48K)

Is this Yea Forums meme?

One day those yellow devils will answer for their crimes.

Attached: 9a584344-45d4-11e7-935d-dac9335a3205_972x_111345.jpg (972x1562, 463K)

If I recall correctly.
Some fag authors were shitting on larry correia for not having any awards. in return he and some buddies got to gather to prove the Hugo Award is just a insetuious popularity contest and isn't an indicator success or good writting. they did it by nominating the worse meme books possible.

What about that time Chinese sieg were they ate each other?

Attached: 51XR3M4I5UL.jpg (313x500, 37K)

These Vance covers look like a liar-soft title.

Attached: 81Pc+GA-ADL.jpg (1000x1448, 360K)

Were these made by Ishiguro Masakazu?

I never saw the movie, just in image results...I can only imagine your sheer pain.

Attached: 694548.png (694x547, 135K)

make a good shota anime

Attached: le-petit-prince-32.jpg (1200x1601, 121K)

True that. KnJ is way more wholesome

Attached: KnJ.png (1366x768, 957K)

It already has an anime.

a cartoon you mean

Well, anime is a japanese cartoon.

be careful you'll trigger some a/ purist

All anime are cartoons not all cartoons are anime.

shut the fuck up

Attached: The_Adventures_of_the_Little_Prince_(TV_series).jpg (265x376, 27K)

why does he look like Pygmalion

Attached: pygmalion2.jpg (290x400, 33K)

I wouldn't mind a proper visual adaptation of books like Artemis Fowl or Maximum Ride/When the Wind Blows. I think in this age of isekai, the story of an underground world within the real one isn't too much of a departure and could do well.

Attached: Maximum_Ride1.jpg (250x399, 23K)

To ask that question is to answer it.

Salem's Lot

>tfw no Artemis Fowl /ss/ brown lolibaba femdom doujin with Artemis and Holly
Why must we suffer so

Oh wait, it already is

Attached: nils_holgersson.jpg (195x300, 21K)

I didn't know I needed this until just now.
Now I'm suffering too

makes sense to me

Based

I'm not sure who'd do the alien designs and animation justice.

Attached: Expedition_cover.jpg (412x475, 24K)

Not even a question desu lad

Attached: 91uVt7wJQSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (993x1500, 318K)

Goddammit don't ruin my childhood, but now that you mention it, Holly bending a bratty Artemis over a chair and giving him a well-deserved spanking does sound pretty hot.

>fantasy setting
>gruff, likeable MC burdened by the ghosts of the past
>a cursed weapon of unimaginable power
>lots of bloody battles
>a desperate quest for lost love
If this isn't anime material I dunno what is

Attached: 71d2FITtuVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (631x1000, 181K)

>Harry Potter?
they could focus on the japanese school but Little Witch Academia already exist

Attached: Mahoutokoro.jpg (1164x1196, 1.56M)

>don’t ruin my childhood
Dude I’m pretty sure Holly single-handedly gave me both an oneesan and brown skin fetish

Fairies be madlad based

>445 posts in
>No mention of the holy trilogy

Attached: memetrilogy.png (1222x575, 1.21M)

Attached: Couv_151780.jpg (500x710, 108K)

Any other books that can give me this feel?

Attached: perfect-blue-2-700x300.jpg (700x300, 63K)

What kind of feel do you mean?

Immense paranoia and WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW?

not literally though, I want to actually understand what I'm reading. I do want something where it flip flops between "Is it real or is it fake."

I can only dream of a good Lyonesse adaptation

>Immense paranoia and WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW?

Attached: lovecraft.png (1280x800, 1.76M)

Yojouhan shinwa taikei, it's really fun. Project Itoh's Gyakusatsu kikan. Edogawa Rampo. I personally liked Issun boushi, Kotou no oni, Kumo otoko, Majutsushi and a bunch of other short stories (Ningen isu, etc). Ono Fuyumi's Toukei ibun. Yumeno Kyuusaku's Dogura magura for total mindfuck. I've also read about a tonne of modernist poetry, but I don't know if you're into that.

Attached: thellunkkp-665814773465014272-20151115_105306-img1.jpg (595x1100, 106K)

That would be great

His new series would be good as well

Attached: Lockwood & Co.jpg (314x480, 117K)

>i have no mouth and i must scream
>anime girl turns into a half monkey thing
>anime AM

Was hoping for something not supernatural.

Kamiya Akira

Attached: meme.png (936x1404, 1.54M)

It would be extremely comfy.

Attached: 1*SJMROiwNo0hbSuJ8GBilmQ.jpg (1000x1552, 398K)

You're a big guy.

Death in Venice, although Tadzio wasn't Italian iirc

>"Is this reality or is it fake?"

Philip K Dick is definitely the boy for this. Most of his stuff features it to some degree. Off the top of my head I remember especially:
>The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
>Time Out of Joint
>Ubik
>Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said
The trouble is, he's a bit *too* mad and most of his books were very rushed (he had to churn them out to pay the bills).

There's a neat novella by Vernor Vinge called
>The Cookie Monster
also about reality-vs-simulation.

Michael Crichton has a certain air of paranoia in some of his books, e.g.
>Prey
>Sphere
but they aren't usually all that weird. You generally know what's going on.

No, he's Polish. It's the diminutive for "Tadeusz"

>third from last
Catch 22.

The guy in this is pretty much a waifufag and a pseudo-cuck to boot.

Attached: 81T7nrF97KL.jpg (1302x2083, 265K)

Like every King book ever, the actual payoff for the final act is a total wet fart. Harold is literally the average Yea Forums poster though.

I think this is a bit cheating because he is writing with a different style but this was my favorite of his books. The Running Man was also another one of my favorite stories for me.

Attached: SK484-2.jpg (550x733, 243K)

Oh man, I love The Long Walk. It left me feeling empty for days after I first read it.

I always had a question about the book that I couldn't really find online or during re-reads.

I'm pretty dumb, but how does fucking sleeping work? Do they just sleepwalk? I know for shitting and pissing, they'll have to use the 30 second rule thing.

No, I loved it too. The movie was a terrific adaptation in the sense that although a very different animal, it's an interesting take on the setting. It was dare I say, Arnold kino.

yeeeeeeees

I never gave it much thought, but they were probably snoozing and jerked awake every few minutes. That's the only explanation I can come up with, since it's happened to me a few times as well, although I wasn't actually walking.

>no love for the greatest anti-hero shonen of all time
The opening sequence battle woul be worth a watch already.

Attached: 51wC03NJVRL._AC_SY400_.jpg (252x400, 29K)

Stephen King's Dark Tower which is the most ridiculous chuuni shit. Bonus for anime original ending to replace the simply disgusting original ending of the book. And maybe change the crippled nigger for a hot chick.

Flight of the Intruder

The inspiration for Blame! but set in a wasteland and has a big bad alien robot villain. Killy is a dad tho, teens might not relate that much with him.

Attached: 9780575058316-uk.jpg (287x475, 25K)

....who?

Too much countryside

The Crossing and associated books would be fucking great in manga form by Tatsuki Fujimoto

So Blame! with plot?

Attached: Melancholy of Hyperion.jpg (340x196, 62K)

Human Nagato had good taste.

isnt it already getting an HBO show?

1920s hobo slice of Life with a bishonen MC
can't go wrong

Attached: cms_visual_251565.jpg_1450847151000_414x640.jpg (414x640, 49K)

Attached: 1442736861789.jpg (931x1398, 194K)

484pbp

cute toe scrunch

this
also picrelated

Attached: 52326364532.png (197x256, 3K)

Any more illustrations? these look pretty unique.

Or just play the old warhammer 40k stuff, its a good surface level intro to stuff going and then you can move to the books or comics. It's less of a single story and more of a entire world with a bunch of different aspects to delve into.

>10768▶
>File: Emperor.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1080)
>Horus Heresy series from Warhammer 40k.
>Can't get more anime than that.
I don't know if Japan can really do the grimdark justice.

>blindsight
That would be a good watch I think.

Attached: brown-redrising_600x.jpg (600x900, 88K)

Who's the mc?

[Spoiler]all the sex she has at the cabins would totally trigger purityfags though[/spoiler]

Attached: Never_Let_Me_Go.jpg (248x400, 13K)

4th book, Children of the Mind, is at least as anime.

with at little context as possible:

>the day is saved by a few japanese loli waifus, a mahou loli waifu, and a pair of magically reincarnated kuudere/tsundere bishounen ubermensch

no exaggeration involved.

Attached: HarrisWaiting for Clearance-4.jpg (700x988, 223K)

Smooth Move ExLax

hard to picture it, really
I think its impossible

I came here to post this.
Phantom of the Opera would also work pretty well as a shoujo.

we've seen the first in live action
but how weird can we make it, having it all animated?

Attached: sr-retro-series.jpg (1500x800, 275K)

Might as well get it to 500.

dude, anime can get pretty grimdark

It's been a while, but didn't the AI waifu become the key to instantaneous space travel and was then put into the body that Ender created in the ether that was made in the image of his sister when she was a loli, all so she wouldn't deteriorate or something?

all-girls Iliad battle shounen would be great
>idol Achilles
>loli patroclus
>giant tits ajax
>ara ara nestor

AA A CUTE