ITT: Asspulls

O MY PUNCH OF FRIENDSHIP

Attached: images.jpg (279x180, 9K)

Attached: ShingekiNoAsspul.jpg (764x808, 411K)

What is bottom left?

Still better than whatever the hell that manga ending was.

>Asspulls
The entire point of the villain was that he was powered by fear. That's why courage punch beat him. It wasn't satisfying, it wasn't creative, but it wasn't an asspull.

not even updated version

Attached: shingeki no asspulls.jpg (1811x808, 305K)

It was a nice ending.
The Kishin represent a force that cannot be annihilated but only contained.
He was the literal embodiment of human madness.

Based.

>o my x-ray world
>o my breathing technique
>o my imperialist earrings
>o my dancing flashback
>o my family bonds

Attached: 1543310182339.jpg (640x360, 63K)

O MY MOTHER'S LAPTOP

Attached: Imagine_if_she_did_a_typo.png (626x234, 92K)

O MY MASS RESURRECTION

Attached: forgiveness.jpg (774x577, 39K)

Attached: Natsu-VS-Zeref.png (1813x1300, 775K)

O my Hiro Mashima.

Still better than O MY ADOLLA LINK

So is the Kishin madness or fear?

>Nothing resolves
>More characters die
>MOON BOOB

>stone neck

Attached: Stone Asspull.png (1228x865, 323K)

This entire manga is filled of them.

Attached: wew.jpg (869x1248, 198K)

>Nothing resolves
Noah's Group and Arachnophobia dead, Medusa gone, Asura sealed up unless Okubo makes some dumbass sequel, Clowns finished. Characters also go through own their development, realize their flaws, and move on to have better lives in the end (like Maka, Black Star, Stein). Never saw Maka's mom though, that was weird.
>More characters die
And? Sucks that they died but that's how it is.
>MOON BOOB
People still get triggered by this and it cracks me up. It's a both a legitimate development based on Crona's yearning for maternal love and a gag, both of which SE does in spades.

There are things the anime does better than the manga and vice versa, but both endings have their charms and their flaws; neither's worse than the other.

im fucking disappointed because i had a theory that titans where an experiment back in the past in a modern era and given to elite soldiers. now this is just becoming some spiritual mumbo jumbo

>That's why courage punch beat him. It wasn't satisfying, it wasn't creative, but it wasn't an asspull.
Yes it was.
Kishin got punched several time throughout the show but suddenly that one was different.

This.

Actually is a condition that activate in very specific situations. And never out of nowhere.

You're disappointed because you were proved wrong over 2 years ago? Grow up, man, Titans were always going to have a magical explanation.

"Madness" in a wide spectrum.
You can consider basically negative emotions in general that goes out of control.

O MY MOBIUS STRIP

Attached: 1564923075383.png (780x1200, 1.87M)

O MY PROJECTION MAGECRAFT

Attached: rUdRP37.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Sure and so is reaching lightspeed. Totally not an asspull.

most of that stuff got foreshadowed, the couple last chapters just confirmed long time theories

Not an asspull, you should have gone with her using stone free as a printer by making binary with her string

Asura represented the fear that drives people to insanity as he was afraid of everything and everybody. But his presence only caused general madness and hallucinations in people.

Isayama did admit he changed a lot. Even the original ending that he planned.

Attached: 1567726767020.jpg (1300x878, 625K)

Exactly the same kind of power up of the opponent under the effect of adora burst, under the same conditions.
Now we can discuss how much is a stretch to link time bending skills to heat and fire. But actually it was an interesting mental masturbation.

SEVEN FUCKING QUIRKS

Attached: 1505150765873.jpg (640x480, 37K)

O my quincy heritage

I haven't read the manga, is the 7 quirks thing gonna be in season 4?

no. middle of season 5

how many quirks has he unlocked now?

>it's just another shounenshitter in the end

>muh theories vs contradicting facts

>muh leg kick

7 but Deku will have 10 quirks. Calling it now.

Attached: 1566089054260.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Asspull used to actually kind of mean something and now it's just "plot development I don't like"

Don't get me wrong, the thing in OP's post is an actual terrible asspull that everybody hates but I'm talking about in general.

Rubber Nen and 7 Quirks completely fucked up this board

it's primarily o my rubber nen.
ironically enough, the one in OPs post is not an asspull. boring, yes. uncreative, yes. asspull, no. funny comment you have there.

O MY SHOTA COCK

Attached: MB_0001.jpg (1280x1818, 271K)

It's related to the one right above it, look closer. Random hardening unlocking potion.

O

kek

It's the cheapest and biggest one i've ever seen.
This makes Hunterfags, whimpers, scream and cry in confusion.

Attached: latest[1].png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

Attached: CUCK.jpg (1920x2422, 601K)

You've been smoking bad shit.

You're doing it wrong.
It's not a plothole if it was introduced from the very beginning, expanded heavily upon and a central part of the plot.

Yeah he goes from "i can build lantern and solidify a wooden stick" to "i can make a sword strong enough to OS the strongest hero who ever lived".
Without much explanation or development.

The bottom right one is what's been happening throughout the series faggot, it's to show us what's been happening behind the scenes not just how Zeke survived. The only stuff I'd complain about is the convenient hardening potion, Reiner's spinal fluid bullshit, and Historia's yass queen moment when she alone somehow sliced the right chunk of Rod Reiss nape. The memory manipulation thing was bullshit too, but for some reason I've come to accept it. Now we have time spanning memory manipulation but there's probably more to it, I'm reserving my judgment on that until we get more chapters.

Attached: ECvhfV6WkAAFPkP.jpg (901x1200, 306K)

O MY ROTOSCOPED FATHER

That one was kind of heavily foreshadowed from the beginning. If you didn't expect that by the end of Soul Eater, you've got the awarness of a mentally retarded goldfish.

>Yeah he goes from "i can build lantern and solidify a wooden stick" to "i can make a sword strong enough to OS the strongest hero who ever lived".
Because his father told him to stop doing the thing he's good at on purpose out of fear he'll become Mage Killer 2.0
>"i can make a sword strong enough to OS the strongest hero who ever lived".
More like you can get a sneak attack in on the strongest hero who ever lived by specifically countering his strengths and not giving him an opportunity to counter-attack.
Stop arguing with people about this, you lose every fucking time.
>Without much explanation or development.
Jesus fucking christ is your brain ever smooth.

Excuse and excuse.
Seriously he never even trained at making pop excalibur out of his mind, and then bam he can do it because Archer said so.

Look at it from an unbiased perspectife for fuck sake his power is literally to create "weapons that can beat your opponents", Rin come from a great lineage of powerful magus, trained her whole life and yet she have no power half as broken.
Talks about smoothbrain, yet you have no critical mind.

>Seriously he never even trained at making pop excalibur out of his mind, and then bam he can do it because Archer said so.
Oh, you're talking about the DEEN/Stay Night adaptation. No wonder you think it's retarded. They left out pretty much all the explanation on that.
>, Rin come from a great lineage of powerful magus, trained her whole life and yet she have no power half as broken.
Yeah that's because his projection magic comes from his "reality marble". Regular "gradation air" magic makes an object appear for a few minutes at best, is very degraded, and disappears quickly as the world is constantly "correcting inconsistencies" like projected items.
Reality Marbles are different. Shirou isn't doing regular projection, he's literally pulling weapons out of his mindscape.
>yet you have no critical mind.
Excuse me. You're the one making judgements based on very little information like you know what you're talking about.
Maybe you should do some more critical thinking and actually watch the UBW anime or read the visual novel.

Attached: Addressing projection.png (804x2227, 1.79M)

Alright, i thought we were on the same page my bad.

I've only watched Zero and the 2006 adaptation of the Fate route, from the latter perspective it is a total asspull.
I'll have to check the rest, hope they are better tho.

>and the 2006 adaptation of the Fate route,
DEEN absolutely ruined the Fate route and made a butchered movie out of the UBW adaptation.
Ufotable's UBW anime is significantly better.
The VN will fill in any questions you may have. It goes very in depth on how magic works in the nasuverse.

Attached: magic circuits.png (804x1205, 1.15M)

Neither are asspulls. Both are imaginative uses of a cool stand.

This is what happened with me and a lot of Type-Moon works. I thought a ton of shit was ridiculous until I actually went in and read stuff. Rarely, if ever, is there any actual asspulls in Fate because they tend to go out of their way to explain and foreshadow shit before it comes up way better than most series to the point I genuinely don't get how people who have read the source scream 'P-plot armor' and 'H-hack!' constantly.

So Isayama is just making shit up now. Based on how bad the current arc is, he should've kept his original plan.

That's not an asspull retard.

Attached: 1547242911045.png (404x318, 80K)

Please be joking.
The writing is shit at best.

>The writing is shit at best.
And at worst?

>kishin madness of fear.
>the shinigami was madness of order.
>eibon madness of knowledge.
>excalibur madness of rage.
>the blob madness of power.

Elaborate. Just saying something is shit isn't an argument.

lmao

It's actually great.
For example in the Fate route, when training, Shirou has three teachers; Saber, Rin, and Archer.
Saber trains his body.
Rin trains his mind.
Archer trains his soul.

Calling Archer's talks "training" may be generous but he really boosts Shirou's development by telling him the exact thing he needs to hear. He gives him the only advice that's actually useful in the long run, meanwhile Saber and Rin's training just make him taste defeat and failure repeatedly.

Attached: differing person 2.png (803x601, 408K)

Snk should have ended at the basement

O MY KAREN!
O MY KAREN!
OOOOOO MY COMPUTER WIFE KAREN!

Attached: 9328B893-7267-439F-A5E6-8CED0DCE0556.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

>literally pulls his brain into his ass

>O MY
How did we mock stuff before O MY became the norm? I honestly can't remember.

>strongest hero who ever lived
Gilgamesh doesn't even come up in top 5 in the nasuverse

>deus ex machina
>asspull
>plothole

Why can't the japs go one fucking series without ripping off star wars

Attached: 1543005666389.png (676x472, 90K)

Mobius heart was fucking awesome dude fuck are you on about

> O MY BROTHER NOTICE ME

Attached: images (5).jpg (496x619, 80K)

Never watched it, what's so special about the punch?
Why did he bother making the situations so impossible to get out of, if he was just going to make his characters pull out asspulls all the time.
But her brother noticed her like 20 chapters before that. Also that wasn't the point of that.

kek based

Cool scene but indeed, asspull

Still better than MHA.

> to retarded to understand BC
Top Kek.

O MY INVINCIBLE YUI-SAMA

Attached: YSuHwxM.png (1920x2712, 3.78M)

O my everything

Attached: Merlin_face_anime.png (600x600, 420K)

O MY AEGIS CORE

AYYY CROMARTIE HIGH

Attached: oh my.jpg (500x590, 125K)

O MY what the fuck even happened to this manga

Attached: f5bea1607734f26a164c9e008cdf9dbf.jpg (1674x1200, 613K)

O MY MOVING CITY was worse
They need to redo this show

But she's meant to be superior to the angels. She's both as strong and infinitely more intelligent, also must be very fucking angry.

Imagine a bear fighting another sapient bear that knows MMA and has an imagination.

Ofcourse the kung fu bear is going to whoop any other bears ass.

>MHA is my standard

>asspull
>there's background for EVERYTHING displayed
>didn't even accomplish anything, just delayed the inevitable

cope

rent free, nigger

None. Stop being a retard

I thought the anime ending was a piece of shit, but cutting the loses short and the sountrack truly elevated the series afterall. I read about 100 manga chapters after finishing the anime and everything went downhill after the timeskip

>didn't even accomplish anything
It saved his life from those wires he himself said he couldn't cut.

>"N-no consequence!" spouts the retarded virgin attempting to discredit hunterxhunter
>yet for every second that passes the virgin's argument grows weaker as Gon has ever since his recovery been absent from the main character role of the manga, thus showing that his actions did indeed carry a serious result and wasn't simply undone by his healing as the shitposter attempts to prove

> "H-he isn't a main character anymore!" spouts the retarded hxhfag
>yet the reason said character became a hunter was find his dad and he accomplished that as soon as he recovered thus doesn't need to continue on the path if he doesn't want to. He can also relearn nen if he wants to.
This is the very height of no consequence. It also allowed him to accomplish his main fucking goal. Never post online again.

Gon is gonna come back, dont tell anyone.

Still a better ending than the manga. Fight me.

Jojo doesn't count because its gimmick is retarded bullshit to make memes out of.

It's thematic. Maka decided he couldn't hurt her or do anything about it, so he couldn't since he's madness. Instead of being rational and cold, she embraced a childish notion and used that to defeat him. It's also about not being such a fucking stick in the mud and getting weighed down by bad shit.

It's middling, but it's a lot better than taking the abstract threat entirely literally and wasting three entire fucking years on a drawn out fight.

Don't bother with shonentards too dense to understand the coming of age story that is Soul Eater.

I mean the author himself was too stupid to understand his own book, hence wasting most of the interesting characters, pushing a ton of characters whose personalities were basically clones of existing characters, the pacing being all over the place, and BONES actually making a generally better second half despite having a terrible track record with original endings for adaptations.

The only thing the manga did better was having the Baba Yaga arc, and that's just because it's a fairly well executed stock shonen battle dungeon crawl arc.

As soon as we knew Teresa's head was used to make Clare who she was it was only a matter of time before Teresa would come back. IF you didnt see this coming youre retarded.

She literally resurrected herself from her own boob.

Attached: 0120-016.jpg (370x422, 51K)

>O MY LESBIAN GRAVITY DEFIANCE
what were they thinking?

Attached: 1475870389960.jpg (1486x2546, 301K)

O MY SUCCESSORS

Attached: Wammy's_House.jpg (640x360, 84K)

>It was a detriment in his match
>Cannot control it
>Foreshadowed since chapter 53
>Asspull

Attached: 1567370853246.jpg (167x261, 20K)

>"post asspulls"
>"here is an asspull"
>r-rent f-free...
what is wrong with you?

The asspull isn't the 7 quirk reveal itself, its that now the author has stockpiled 7 asspulls for whenever deku gets himself in trouble. Enjoy not having any tension whatsoever for the rest of the manga because whenever deku is in any danger of losing he will awaken a new quirk and save the day.

you can't kill the tension in your manga if there was no tension to begin with

if you're not counting grands which aren't regular servants then he is the strongest servant

come to think of it, hasn't SnK/AoT stolen a fuckton of plot points from claymore?

Fuck you

Attached: 1529871606629.jpg (409x270, 37K)

I'm still mad how they just ignored Tezca's almost death aside like that
>Some guy in charge of finding witches dies without doing much
>Boo-boo, never forget, boo-boo
>Death scythe finds his best friend is a traitor and wasn't even his friend and ends up in the mirror dimension
>Just brief the missions already

Worst character how did he think have her around was a good idea.

Just like JT? If one of those quirks appears in the middle of the battle it will fuck him over, every quirk is overcharged by OFA which means he won't be able to control it, it adds more tension

i really dont want to go all science, especially becasue im not really into the matter but if we talk about heat and fire isnt that all just an output for energy? so if they raise their energy which just is heat as output you could have a higher tolerance to the things that happen in the manga

Seething Jojotard.
You're no better than DBSpics.

You could say it's dumb, but it's not an asspull. The author intended for this to be the character's plan before he was put in peril, or perhaps before they introduced lionkiller althogether.

>tards
>spics
It's really true.
An eternal summer.

user, are you an actual brainlet? Do you not understand how this works geometrically?

Wait, wasn't this when he was trolling? Dd he get frustrated?

>contradicting facts
???

Wasted.

>oh my "I played in the forest so I can run a double marathon as a child while grown men keel over from exhaustion while I don't even break a sweat"
this was the biggest red pill that this little shit was going to be like every other asspull shonen MC born with special "potential"

Attached: 1557443150045.jpg (1146x642, 49K)

O MY COPY AND PASTED MEMORIES

Attached: elf9 blank smile.jpg (396x530, 59K)

>O MY GIANT ORANGE WATER SHURIKEN
>O MY CHARIZARD WHO CAN TANK LITERALLY EVERYTHING

Attached: aSH VS ALaN.gif (500x281, 3.16M)

Explained in episode fucking two that that's how ofa worked. People who didn't see it coming are dumb.

>O MY LEGENDARY TEAM

Attached: main-qimg-fc7de89ab14f611424def1efeda1c9d9.jpg (452x256, 40K)

>asspull thread
>2/3rds of the replies are "NO SHUT UP THAT'S NOT AN ASSPULL DELETE NOW"

>asspull thread
>no one actually brings any arguments for why they are asspulls
>surprised people are calling you retards.

Implying the m-muh 7 quirks didn't, deku faggot. Did the bullying give you brain damage?

Most kids are fitter than most cocky adults

O MY SERIES IS DESIGNED SO THAT ASSPULLS ARE PERFECTLY POSSIBLE AND MAKE SENSE

Attached: saitama.jpg (665x936, 97K)

O MY TRAIN FOR A FEW DAYS SO I CAN LIFT 5 TONS

O MY CAN SEE DEAD PEOPLE

Attached: 02-jintan.jpg (450x690, 75K)

>asspuls
>OPM
>ARE PERFECTLY POSSIBLE AND MAKE SENSE
there are no asspulls, and even if there were, that would make them not asspulls you retard.

kek I forgot about that

O MY 4 MONTH TRAINING MONTAGE

Attached: Frieza_1st_Form.png (900x1386, 646K)

> her volume flops
seething noellefag

imagine if the world learned they just needed to train with heavy things. Man, why has no one else thought of that?

Attached: 1548780361942.png (375x409, 124K)

Attached: IMG_0367.jpg (705x1134, 183K)

O MY ENTIRETY OF JOJO PART 2

They clearly don't have a high enough IQ to understand the concept of lifting heavy things

I thought it was dumb and almost dropped the show at this point but his early superpower bullshit is explained when the concept of Nen is introduced. He was using it in someway without even realizing it.

Attached: hxh 28.jpg (837x471, 27K)

It makes sense that he was enhanced but then again his two friends aren't an they also got stupidly strong

touche. Kilua has lore reasons but I'll agree that glasses was an asspull.

his Nen pores where closed, so no he didn't

I think it was just the generic "he was born strong and with quick reflexes" crap

what atrocious character design, they look anorexic yet somehow they are supposed to be stupidly strong

Why does Joseph and his asspulls always get a pass though?

Eldian ass

I mean, atleast it explained why he could move in stopped time to begin with.

Merry Sue getting saved.

Attached: asspull.png (1847x836, 1.3M)

>detriment

Still got a perfect victory

its just standard super strength/stamina shit that every shounen protagonist has.

This was cool and creative. Fuck you.

Have you seen how powerful the League of Villains has become?
He's going to need at least 7 quirks to stand a chance.

O MY POWER OF LOVE OR SOMETHING

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

How is this different than the 8 gates thing in Naruto?

Attached: 1557780221039.png (2000x2500, 2.25M)

The gates didn't do some arbitrary thing as plot demanded, each gate temporarily boosted your physical condition, and the eight gates moves were all variations on the same theme: two of the moves were moving fast enough to convert air friction into fire (morning, night), and the other two were moving fast enough to create air cannons (afternoon, evening).

other than the power of friendship, why did his what-ever-cells jump up and go down?

We already knew from the first chapter Deku would become the strongest. There was never tension.

It's not. It's the same thing as Kurama's tails, since it was established that naruto would gradually be able to harness the power of X amount of tails it just made sure that him getting an extra tail mode was a quick get away card for the author

I've yet to read this thread but I imagine most of these are either going to be not nearly that bad or just straight up not even an asspull.

>doesn't even scratch rui
cope

BASED

Maka has anti demon wave energy. She filled his head with poisonous energy. Its like if jojo punched dio with hamon charged punch

The great debate

Attached: O MY.png (877x844, 465K)

one is the bigger meme by virtue of happening first

He still jobbed though

>O MY CONTRADICTORY PHYSICS

Attached: Dewey was right.jpg (690x1050, 133K)

It was courage punch not friendship punch

O MY OOOOOOOOO HOHO HO

Attached: hethinksthejapaneselaughisbetter.jpg (700x540, 145K)

O MY 4CHANNEL

Attached: 1437278116710.jpg (839x1708, 161K)

Thankfully the Japanese kinda agree.
She is the only Sin who is not even in the top 10

Merlin isn't a character, she's a walking plot device

funny I literally watched this before and I still don't accept the reasoning even 2 years on

>Never watched it, what's so special about the punch?

Nothing really, Maka goes full Gaogaigar and beat the last boss.
Better than "muh friends"

Nah Tobias was based and was the only one capable of stopping Ash in that League. Also Ash was the only one to beat Darkrai and force Tobias to use Latios. And even then Pikachu tied with it. Tobias beat the final guy with just Darkrai.

Is there a point you're failing to make here? Because this nigger is absolutely an asspull.
>takes 3 mons but finally beats his Darkrai thats destroyed everyone else
>lol whatever here's another legendary that no one knew about

Fuck if both Merlin and Meliodas took things seriously none of anything would be happening, but I guess the curses on both Elizabeth and Meliodas would still be going.

There is no reason, this guy is able to burn space and time all of sudden but the guild they're fighting in wasn't destroyed.

At least Melodies character had more going on than "I am here to solve things"

I mean Tsukasa wanting to kill senku at all felt kinda dumb too.

I stop reading after they saved the little girl who could reverse time. But deku having more quirks isnt an ass pull just overpowered and boring.

Kilua and Pika were trained in combat and endurance from a young age. Leorio does make no sense what ever