What do you think of edgy revenge fantasy series?

What do you think of edgy revenge fantasy series?

Attached: 1560279590316.jpg (862x1236, 276K)

Attached: 1558431981845.jpg (862x1236, 274K)

Attached: 1561145943300.jpg (862x1236, 212K)

I have no opinion.

based

They are great and there should be more

Rapeshit

>WE WUZ RAPERS AND SHEEEET

Hello, best manga ever made that even now that he's a shadow of his former self still shit on all the others titles reporting in.

Attached: berserk.jpg (620x678, 86K)

I find them entertaining, specially when they are over the top

There is something wrong with revenge plot?
Is quite entertaining following the MCs hunt for his prey. Surely way more interestingb than trying to become hokage or finding the one piss.
At least their obsession is justified.

Edge is a tricky thing. There aren't many who can use it well without turning it into disgusting exhibitions of exploitation. When it's done right, it really adds to the stories depth. When it isn't, it generates some of the most shallow, disgusting media to ever exist.

I've literally seen the same scene in another revenhe edge manga, but it was a generic black haired teen that was raping the princess in front of everybody

The one where the MC is named Raul?
She doesn't get raped desu

Grimdark =/= edgy
Learn the difference.

Grimdark IS edgy, user

It's garbage 99% of the time because the author usually self inserts into the main character and all we end up getting are petty characters that have no other redeeming qualities besides being in a really shitty situation.

Take Shield Hero for example, the manga becomes boring the second things get sorted out for him because there's nothing interesting about him as a character other than the revenge mcguffin. Now compare him or any other isekai self insert to characters like Guts or Thorfinn, the gap in quality is almost unreal.

So to answer the question: it's hard to pull it off but the results ate great when done right. Too bad I don't think Ill be seeing one of those anytime soon.

Cringe

No, is like a well timed and smart joke compared with a fart noise.

>grimdark
>well timed

I would pick revenge over "let's be friend even considering you did all the bad you could to me" anytime.
Is shit like Naruto forgiving Pain, and Orochimaru and Sasuke getting back to the village like nothing happened that trigger me. Not stuff like OP.
Edgy and revenge is way better than cuckoldry level of forgiveness.

Say what you want.
But edgy can be done right.
Forgiveness and power of friendshit are always shit, no exception existing. There is not a single instance that is not pure cringe.

Revenge plot is cool for the first time but it ages like milk

>Forgiveness and power of friendshit are always shit
Objectively wrong, friendship power is kino and you don't understand it because you don't have friends

Attached: 1567098222907.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

I like the one with the healer dude brainwashing the girls

Attached: 1556349480924.jpg (862x1236, 262K)

Actually is the opposite.
Is cause there is a couple of people i care in my existance that i know i could never get along with their enemies.
There is not greatest "fuck you, i don't give a shit" than protecting or trying to be buddy with someone who is tormenting an acquaintance of your.

>not making them be friends too

Attached: 1561498484774.jpg (515x533, 141K)

If you are talking about a situation in which friend A is being a dick to Friend B on purpose and Friend C just wants to be friends with them both so refuses to say anything to Friend A...thats just Friend C being selfish and trying to have his cake and eat it too.

What's the source?

Kingdoms of Ruin

always trash

Attached: garbage series.jpg (2308x1668, 1.44M)

revenge stories great especially if the MC really tortures their enemies before killing them
In Nidome no Yuusha the Rabbits revenge felt decent makes that bitch use her healing/resurrect skill for nothing

Source?

cringey

This look like a likeable character.
Remind me of "himekishi ga classmate".

Attached: 010.png (1564x1104, 575K)

Based pedro.

It reminds me of those lone angsty kids that run like Naruto during recess.