Why is this anime so well regarded even though it is full of plot conveniences...

Why is this anime so well regarded even though it is full of plot conveniences? Most of them are justified because Drosselmeyer is a bad writer and he keeps throwing in conveniences so the plot clumsy goes forward (the plot inside the plot) but Fakir being Drosselmeyer’s son was genuinely an asspull.

Attached: 17CDA718-E19E-46CB-B842-566039F6E778.png (960x720, 831K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-p2lzNx5aD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>clumsy
clumsily*

>keeps throwing in conveniences
Sounds like almost all anime that are considered well written by anime fans.

>Most of them are justified because Drosselmeyer is a bad writer
Why is he a bad writer? Conveniences are right at home in classic fairy tales.

He’s proto-Urobutcher

Isn’t anyone going to refute this? I thought you guys LOVED this anime

I watched this and until the last episode I honestly believed that the dueling guitar ninjas would appear any second now

Attached: 1565956853263.jpg (435x920, 155K)

It's the esforce gang who really adores it

Bump

Only thing I didn't like about the plot was how Rue was retconned into being Mythos childhood friend, that shit felt so jarring and unnecessary

>full of plot conveniences.
1. It heavily homages fairytales.
2. The antagonist is a dead reality warping storyteller. So it's all very meta and derivative. But neither of which detracts from its quality.

So, what I said isn’t an asspull because it’s heavily inspired on fairy tales and this is a common thing in fairy tales?

youtube.com/watch?v=-p2lzNx5aD4

You are fucking retarded!

Attached: 1568066053157.jpg (700x538, 59K)

Sorry kid but vomiting out a term and pretending it it has a significant impact on a story and how that story is told isn't enough, you actually have to articulate an actual argument around it.

Did you always smirk and laugh or point out the narrative inconsistencies like an autist when your parents told you tall tales or read you fiction? A story just has to suspend the reader's belief enough to make it convincing, and if that was what made you roll your eyes that's more on you taking a fairy tale completely seriously like a retard.

This show doesn't deserve this kind of shitposting

I don't care your opinion.

You are a literal retard. Reminder that Drosselmeyer is in control of everything. Even in control of the individuals that would take the role.
Mytho was chosen automatically because he was the Prince
Rue was chosen because her parents abandoned her (and that way the Raven could trick her into believing she actually was her daughter).
And Fakir was chosen and forced by Drosselmeyer to meet Mytho because he has the same powers he has, and therefore, since in the story he was supposed to die; no one can fight him and defeat him. But since Edel betrayed him by saving Fakir, his plan didn’t work and decided to let the characters choose their own fate since then. But Ahiru was punished by him and taken out of the story because he wasn’t just giving her character more dimensionality, but breaking the story. While he was dealing with Tutu, Fakir wrote a story and took her back to inside the story. The fact that you can’t comprehend a story that whose target demographic was kids... says a lot about you. Plot-fags are really stupid.

Attached: C4BC79EC-5663-466B-A618-130A4C1E0AC3.jpg (688x1000, 506K)

Nutcracker, nigga

>Fakir being Drosselmeyer’s son
Fakir is Drosselmeyer's direct decedent not son. Pay attention.

>Fakir being Drosselmeyer’s son was genuinely an asspull
But that's wrong you retard. At least find a plothole you didn't pull out of your ass.

This. But faggots have to shit on even one of the greatest anime ever made

Attached: 92CB3D0D-C983-4EB4-BC5D-C8F3372ACE93.jpg (847x640, 75K)

Ahiru turned me into a waifufag

Attached: large.jpg (500x708, 60K)

Fakir and Ahiru are AT LEAST top 20 best anime characters and the best anime couple. They are perfect.

Drosselmeyer has like a hundred of sons and daughters.
Ahiru is mine.

In my heart they are the number 2

Tutu is a fine show but I don't get why people love it that much, half of it is like standard monster of the week

Number 1 in my kokoro

Its unique as hell and I also like how its genuinely endearing despite its sinister plot-elements, its genuinely light-hearted and fun and doesn't just build up a cynical facade just so it can take a sledgehammer to it like certain other shows, not that I didn't enjoy them but still

Because when it's not monster of the week its the best shit ever, and even when it is monster of the week, it's still pretty good.
Your question is better suited towards Sailor Moon

>genuinely endearing despite its sinister plot-elements
Those are my favorite kind of stories.

Still the second best mahou shoujo ever made after CCS.

Attached: weg tutu.jpg (1008x403, 139K)

Tutu dancing the pas de deux by herself is the greatest scene in anything and you can't change my mind.

Attached: 1462693938820.png (512x384, 232K)

Because the anime is intelligent and uses this structure to slowly lead you somewhere, building up the cast, foreshadowing, moral debates and so on until they get you to various ‘checkpoints’ where the anime shifts gears (episode 7, episode 13, episode 22; for example) without leaving anything unexplained.

I haven't watched this in a long time. Still as good as I remember.

Attached: 1511645011151.jpg (467x413, 26K)

Why is this fanbase so intertwined with AMVs?

Because 90% of the people that watched it, were convinced with this AMV

I honestly can't think of anything that actually resembles Tutu aside from some baseline elements, even Utena is pretty different in tone.
I honestly think it's one of the most unique things I've ever watched execution wise. Also Fakir best tsundere

didn't expect people to still enjoy AMV unironically

>enjoying things ironically

maybe in structure but if that's all you got out of it than you have no kokoro

how... old.

Its an anime for all ages. A good story, as put by CS Lewis.

Perfection.

Because when SM is not being motw it's one of the best in the genre.

What exactly do you want us to argue about for an anime that's like 17 years old.

Hell yeah nigga

Can you think of any anime that's really exactly the same concept as Tutu? There's very very few actual fairy tale concept anime these days, even less with a ballet motif. It's quite unique in it's execution

Go back to Youtube and make another 5-hour-video on how you hate The Last Jedi because it's full of "plotholes", retard.
No one buys your shitty bait in here. Well, unless you really think you know anything about writing, in which case your pathetic attempt at criticism is just that: Pathetic.