Are we finally approaching the dark age of anime?

Are we finally approaching the dark age of anime?

Attached: One-Punch Man Season 2 PV 2 [720p].webm (1280x720, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRFb4LmJAgI
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp4KP-HsV8o
youtube.com/watch?v=6mbD6rjdqUM
youtube.com/watch?v=tond2gGin40
charapedia.jp/research/0206/
youtu.be/vy-sOxOR_5A
twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1103656984904032256
youtube.com/watch?v=L6QakfpPOgE
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7zQbMxm28
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nigga look around you, we have been in the ditch since 2000

>People actually waited years for this
Top kek

Maybe or maybe we just rembember only the good ones from other decades

True, but we’ve hit a new low with OPM S2

>approaching
lmao

I'm happy.
Following the trainwreck is gonna be more entertaining than if it was well animated.

Attached: CnrZ6t3VYAExkTB.jpg (1136x640, 94K)

dumb frogposter

This is what happens when you watch/buy BDs of anime of any other studio, but KyoANi

You are to blame. You enabled this.

>triggered

>new low
Nah, it's just on everyone else's level now.

>there are STILL people that think that TV series only started looking like shit recently

Too bad Kyoanus waste their talents on shitty sources

Kyoani premises are usually very boring I've only enjoyed Nichijou and Kobayashi san

>>*****4040
Not even worth a (You)

The trick is to watch good one, Mob Psycho 100.

Approaching?
I feel like I can count the number of genuinely good anime I've seen released in the last five years with my fingers.
Everything is bait for fucking normalfags or otaku, nobody even tries to make good anime any more.

This probably won't do anything but get a bunch of normalfags who's only experience with anime was OPM to swear off anime

You overestimate their tolerance for consuming garbage.

Or underestimate rather.

>literal flash animation

Is this real? Holy shit.

>waiting for filler: the anime
Top kek

How can anime enter a dark age when KyoAni exists?

Attached: tybka.jpg (900x600, 169K)

nigga it's like you forgot early 2000s

We've been there for a while but it's only getting worse. These bastards have been relying on 3dcg shit too much and have become inept.

Attached: 38247745355.png (2560x720, 2.45M)

Kill yourself KHK.

Stop replying to obvious fucking bait Jesus.

Oh for fuck sake, stop posting this. I love Kyoani and they're amazing but they're just one fucking studio. One good studio doesn't prevent the rest of the industry from being garbage. We are in the dark ages and modern anime, especially in the few years has been exceedingly shit. There are exceptions, like Mob and Dororo this season but the overall quality across the board has declined.

>mediocre series 5 years past its hype gets no budget for its sequel
>"anime is doomed guys"
Literally nothing changed in the industry for the past 10 years.

Attached: 1429995232563.jpg (981x580, 140K)

Stop replying to obvious trolling you fucking idiot. Jesus fucking Christ, how do people as fucking stupid as you function day to day? One would think someone with mental abilites like yours would have died long ago while trying to figure out how to use a fucking spoon or some shit. It baffles me how something like you can even exist. 200 years ago nature would have run its course on abnormalities like you and yet here you are making it all the way to adulthood. What a brave new world we live in.

>Are we finally approaching the dark age of anime?
We are approaching the early 2000s?

>finally
>dark age
Anime was always shit.
A barren wasteland but it had a few gems.

Attached: 1529120960154.jpg (580x777, 115K)

>approaching
It's past the point of no return.

The 90s had a ton of scenes where characters barely moved too. Shit anime will always exist.

>Stop replying to obvious trolling you fucking idiot.
yea right, I bet that was your post. dumb false flagger

Christ you're fucking stupid. Please tell me, are you a professional moron or just naturally gifted?

How come the hype remained for OPM's second season but kind of died off for SNK's? The gap between seasons was about the same and SNK was arguably a bit more popular in it's prime.

>SNK was arguably a bit more popular in it's prime
True but it's fanbase was even more spastic trendfollowing fuckboys so they moved on and are probably talking shitting up Hero Academy threads or whatever the flavor of the month trash is as we speak.

You're retarded if you think anime hasn't changed for the worst in the past 2 years.

>in the past 2 years
Elaborate.

Attached: hot opinions esl kun.jpg (272x185, 11K)

Watch more anime and you'll jump to the same conclusion, retard-kun.

Only in the west. Snk is twice as popular as OPM in Japan.

I guess this proves
Capeshit>Zombieshit

We got the undisputed AOTD in the last two years. I genuinely don't follow.

Attached: 1527953778238.png (1026x982, 1.06M)

not even worth a (you)

Wrong image

Attached: 003_size6.jpg (720x405, 87K)

Capitalists going for the easy cash grab with minimum expenses.

Whoops messed up twice I'm so clumsy.

Attached: iya na kao.png (631x590, 448K)

Pfff hahahahaha

Hi OP. Go watch Berserk 2016.

CLANG

SNK drastically changed from its original premise while OPM stayed mostly the same.

SNK was never good

Pssh come talk to me when they film people's lips and add that in as an away to avoid even animating mouths.

Attached: GlisteningSmugAuklet-size_restricted.gif (402x251, 2.41M)

>it's bad because it's popular!
classic pleb mindset

I now really want to watch an anime with every character's mouth being filmed like that. Even animals and shit with human mouths.

No, we're fine, as long as we still have studios like madhouse/bones and such,but JC Staff needs to be excecuted asap

Attached: 1551207366805.jpg (660x680, 55K)

>NHK
>popular

Attached: 1551758896995.jpg (631x658, 39K)

He didn't say that, retard. Learn to read.

Jesus Christ

Attached: TwkD81I.jpg (750x489, 43K)

>NHK
what?

You don't user
youtube.com/watch?v=SRFb4LmJAgI

You really don't wanna view a world so bad you get excited about 8 frames of a cow eating because that is the most animated thing there.

By the way Sonic's lips are moving in the PV, they might have to do that

>Soul vs. Soulless

Manga chads win again

Attached: 1501014374209973393.gif (636x715, 3.28M)

Is this a case of someone comparing a posing moment on the left and a frame in the middle of a speedy attack on right like they did for SS3 Goku after Battle Of The Gods?

Manga is shit too.

>but we’ve hit a new low with OPM S2
You niggas should be grateful, berserk was the lowest low

The manga is filler shit, they massively padded out the Garou arc with crap

Because OPM is actually good and entertaining with likable characters

she's gorgeous in the manga, she looks like shit in the anime why would you post that

It's like you've never seen 80-90s anime with the reused scenes and sliding action shots.

No snk it was good at first and then it completely shat the bed

Kek'd. Good joke, user.

NO. It's actually as bad as it looks. This is what happens when you become too reliant on 3dcg. The fuckers simply don't have the talent to pull off what season 1 did. Because 3dcg shit is available as a cheaper alternative now these bastards have stopped training traditional animators. Hand drawn mechanical animation is only life support. These bastards don't care about making anime, just maximising their own profits.

>madhouse
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Have you seen the latest pv of their latest anime?

Just like OPM really.

MURATAAAAAAAAAA

They need money.

This

Don't talk about it. It was heresy.

Nah

a shit.

No way bro, all the anime youtubers are saying it's gonna be hype as fuck bro!

this
compared to OPM2, berserk was a nighmare

Yeah.

cherrypicking THIS hard when the anime is actually good, why?

I'm just glad that we still have the manga

Attached: -1646385050.jpg (860x1236, 207K)

Berserk adaptation covered good source material though.

This is actually terrifying.

I think the issue here is that Genos' arms are clearly animated in standard animation on the left and are CG on the right. Since both are action scenes, it's a clear downgrade

It was like this when it first aired, but the anime wasn't perfect either as people say, lots of characters didn't get the suitable treatment like boros and his armor and his minion (the 5 heads guy).
And let's not forget the deep sea king arc and how they butcher it

Everytime I ask someone to expplain why it shat the bed, I get no response.

That's would explain why this was delayed 3 times,
>oh my cg centipede

Unlike OPM S2 of course.

Tbqfh they need a movie-tier budget to animate EC.

It's funny because even IGN called them out for it and reached for comment from J.C. Staff.

Stop replying to yourself mate kino will never be recognized as anything but kino

I'll be mad if this shot was in cgi.
It could be a fucking still and it would be acceptable. JUST PLEASE NOT CGI

Attached: image.jpg (1456x1047, 514K)

It's that except the left is during a speedy motion while the right is a poorly animated punch-like motion. Not to mention that said latter motion is slower than it should be also because it's so poorly animated so it's even less speedy and every single frame of that animation looks dumb.

True, Berserk is kino.

Can't believe I'll say this but, based

>it's a still AND CGI

Didn't Murata himself admit how tedious it was drawing that cunt? You can bet your ass it will be CGI.

He said he slept like 3 hours when drawing the meteor arc, nothing compared to Elder.

Yeah, murata took 3 hours to draw this pic

He was drawing a lot of gifs at that time

if you are looking for something to watch after you drop OPM S2 there's always the Bocchi anime
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp4KP-HsV8o
youtube.com/watch?v=6mbD6rjdqUM
youtube.com/watch?v=tond2gGin40

What?

It betrayed its original concept. It turned from a desperate struggle for survival against an unfathomable enemy to another WW2 Nazi Germany rant, as if those weren't abundant enough. You just stop giving a shit when you know it's another humans vs humans conflict, filled with the usual politics bullshit and all the tension goes down the drain.
Compare it to Muv Luv Alternative, whose premise it's shamelessly aping. BETA remained a huge mysterious threat and the big revelations only served to hammer in how fucked mankind was. The whole Marley/Eldia shit radically lowered the stakes. They kinda expect us to feel bad for the child soldiers and shit but it fails badly at doing so. Plus Isayama wants to pull off the same shit again. With the brat that murdered Sasha no less.
If you add the fact that the manga pretty much gave up on making the characters appealling, you're left with fucking nothing. AoT had tons of problems before the timeskip but the whole Marley shit was the equivalent of El Hermano to SnK. Only kids and edgelords could like that development.

Nah fag bocchi sucks and so do you lol

yeah she sucks her juice box to keep hydrated when crying

Attached: 1553131977675.png (250x303, 25K)

Gifs user.
Murata Drew like 6 of these during the meteor arc

Like this

Attached: метеорит-динозавр-гифки-flipbook-2995560.gif (399x287, 712K)

ITT: Newfags and slavs.

Don't know what you really want to tell, user.
The user i replied to said that Murata worked hard on Elder Centipede, and while that is true, I pointed out that, during the meteor arc, he worked more.

Ya not denying that, just saying he worked more because of the 7 gifs he made, and he even colored 3 of these gifs handedly

This is what happens when you only watch a series for the flashy fights & animations. Dumbasses.

I'm glad you got fucked.

CLANG

You're comparing an entire season that is overall extremely high quality with a faw bad spots to a PV. An advertisement which consists of the best scenes they have cherrypicked into a short segment. It's a false equivalency.

Really no one expected S2 to match s1 especially with JC announced. We didn't expect it to be this bad at best presentable. Not focusing on flashy fights all the time is fine since S1 was a mix of sakuga and normal animation but its hard to pay attention when everything looks like shit.

Me too user, me too.

>this is what happens when you watch a visual medium for the visuals
?

But before the timeskip, the manga was just about the sheer endless battle between mankind and titans, without much character develoment and subpar world exploration. So how has it gotten any worse than that?

>only watch a series for the flashy fights & animations. Dumbasses.
Anime-only and fags did this, we the core fans didn't and that's why we weren't surprised because we still think that even S 1 was trash.
To adapt the manga perfectly you need a redline-tier effort

charapedia.jp/research/0206/

Redline is trash with a shitty plot and poorly written characters though.

S1 wasn't trash though. Far from it really.

I'm not the first user, and I agree with you, just saying S1 is better (obviously) but not perfect as some say

Actual fans knew this season will be total shit regardless of a studio.

This, but he was talking about the animation. It was perfect.

Not that user but I blame serum bawl

Ya I exaggerated a bit

Nah, Redline was great. Keep suffering from your eternal butthurt because of Madhouse though.

What does being perferct have to do with it? OPM was one of the best looking television anime in years and had a great premise and characters to go with it. It was a great anime that is way above average and S2 is shaping up to be pure trash.
Yeah but you can't carry a movie off conventionally pretty visuals alone, especially when there is no lack of gorgeous anime movies around that actually have something interesting to tell.

Chapter comes out tomorrow right?

>Ya
Are you a monster user? Only monsters start a sentence with ya.

Attached: f13e8be619ef7e3105f3dfb9e65b2480.png (438x451, 251K)

That wasn't my point but you're wrong

Is it even possible to fit the entire Garou arc in S2? Seems really long, or atleast the manga sure makes it feel like that.

N-no user berserk 2016 doesnt count!

>Only monsters start a sentence with ya
I guess Germans are monsters now, ya?

Well I'm worried not only trying to fit Garou but also the Monster association intro as well. Not to mention Orochi which I hope they don't screw (they will somehow)

Nah go watch superior UFOtable making Kimetsu no Yaiba

I think Marley was equal parts good to bad. I think it's a good concept to have a species of people who at any time could potentially titanize into weapons against you - however you're also aware that these same people are your own war potential. That coupled with sprinkles of racism and the drift of power to newer technology. Idk it's a pretty cool idea and I like that it's all coming to a head with different ideologies of what the people of Ymir should do. Zeke wants everyone to die off by being unable to have children. The majority of people seem to want the rumbling to occur to scare everyone from murdering them. And who the fuck knows what Eren wants to do.
Point is that there's no clear answer for their situation. And to me that's the sign of good goddamn writing. I'm not just sitting here going "WHY DONT THEY DO X? ARE THEY STUPID?"

I will agree the children plot seems thin still and the worst part

Everyone knows that, user.

Murata is in south Africa
I really wanted to see amai rape do-s

>ITT shounenfags
We're reaching the epitome of CGDCT in this generation.

Attached: SUGOI.webm (640x456, 407K)

Because manga is slow and boring, user.

Hmm these Germans you speak of, l will look more into then and see if they are. If they are anything like that Zombieman fellow we make take immediate action and deploy the s class.

Attached: 1551813583563.jpg (800x1150, 589K)

>Shitrochi
Yeah, I hope they'll cut him out.

>Murata is in south Africa
I know but he said weeks ago next chapter is on the 22nd. So he might have finished it earlier, or worked while down there.

He raped her alright along with the mercenaries. Not even 10 seconds.

Attached: 9.jpg (1518x1080, 513K)

>opm
>shonen
sasuga, uncultured moefag

He doesn't appear much anyway. I like him but I can see him making problem to how Garou needs to be uber escalated to be boros level when he got raped by Orochi who was holding back.

ya

Fuck he's ruthless, he ripped the right tiddy of that short blonde hair girl

>Kimishit shitter
Kek

>Not even 10 seconds
Kek, premature ejaculator.

Attached: 49456903.png (400x398, 125K)

Completely disagree. Bones has been doing amazing work these last few seasons. And so have other studios like WIT.

Anyways point is that JC Staff has consistently shat out complete dogshit time after time. I can't think of a series that they've worked on where I've been impressed. Most of their series is subpar because they know that brandname recognition sells. See:
Danmachi
Sword Oratoria
Index
Railgun

And I still remember them fucking over multiple manga adaptations like Shokugeki, Dream Eater Merry, and Prison School.

Point is despite people apparently coming out of the woodworks trying to defend JC Staff claiming that it might not be okay because of budget or deadlines. JC Staff has always produced shit. They give no fucks because they know it sells. It's the equivalent of defending Toei for what they shit out week to week. And honestly Sword Oratoria had me fucking ROLLING laughing because of how shit the animation was. Prepare for people floaty combat.

Attached: 1328503082325.gif (250x242, 12K)

She at least has 70% of her body the other girl got cleaved in half plus a brutalized tit. It still surprises the fuck out of me that one and Murata went that far to show amai's brutality.

Some storyboards and key frames from s1 and the name of the directors that did them. Which one did the best job?
youtu.be/vy-sOxOR_5A

No matter which manga, no matter how good or faithful of an adaptation it gets, there'll always be someone who read the thing before it got an anime and will complain about the most dumb shit. It's the rule of Yea Forums.

>demographic: seinen
>imprint: WSJ
honestly it treads the line and I'm not even pulling the retarded HxH meme here.

the whole point of the character is that he is a monster who thinks he is human

golden age of anime started with Haruhi and ended with Attack on Titans

Probably is a mysterious being especially in the one chapter.

>It still surprises the fuck out of me that one and Murata went that far to show amai's brutality.
I honestly want more brutal shit in the manga, per say blacksperm fucking atomic

this annoyed me so bad when I saw it. Why didn't they just trace the manga?

>WSJ
Weekly shonen jump?
IIrc it's on young jump and not wsj

>kimishit
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1551835593754.png (358x358, 174K)

I'm more on waiting for tats to get fucked. People have been waiting for her brutal beat down. Though Atomic may get fucked a lot though not too much.

Attached: 1551962898682.png (257x411, 45K)

They won't. The anime will probably end with all the S-Rank heroes preparing to infiltrate the enemy base. The content from end of S1 to that point is about the same - and it's a good place to pause for another season.
Also
>JC Staff
>s3
Prepare to wait 5 fucking years losers.

That could work out nicely, especially if we get a different studio to handle S3.

The entire appeal of Garou is watching him get stronger. He's practically the MC since most of the arc is from his perspective.

maybe if shonenshit plebs actually bought BDs, their budget wouldnt be so low

The director of season 1 himself explicitly stated that it was made with average budget.

>Prepare to wait 5 fucking years losers.
I'm prepared to wait for 10, but I just want a decent animation

>BDs
Nobody cares about these anymore

Just buy them anyway to support the franchise. How else will they make any money

Oh no. A whole THREE hours? Say it isn't so.
That's fucking nothing, user.

yeah it shows in later iterations of the series

hurr NOT MY PROBLEM
I demand top notch movie tier quality animation while paying for absolutely NOTHING

3 hours seems pretty long for 1 page

Attached: 1552913701360.jpg (800x1150, 486K)

Just saying that there's surly a different way to support it (not that OPM needs any extra support since it's popular).
Look at the most obvious anime that got shit BD sales but still got more seasons, snk S2 etc, and bnh S2 etc and mob

retard he was talking about visuals

if anything we are getting better animated anime on the regular, just pick up any early 2000 series and sans some exceptions you will barely find any "sakuga"

Animating that with all those details is out of the question. Even if this season 1 it would be out of the question. If this was the Violet Evergarden movie then maybe but it's not.

Also
>implying a still is bad.
Anime has always heavily incorporated detailed stills into it's style of storytelling for a reason and it's good. Yes a still is always better cgshit and it's typically better than inconsistent and simplistic animation too.

Attached: 3274987349547478344.png (1113x1080, 1.05M)

sadly there isn't really. I dont trust crunchyroll to give the studios their fair share of profits, so buying BD's/merch is really the only way.

I honestly don't know how anime as an industry manages to stay afloat.

>implying a still is bad.
It's bad because at that point you might as well just read the manga. The point of anime is to be animated. If your anime is little more than a collection of stills in between awkwardly animated scenes for transitions there's no point in it existing. Stills are fine sometimes but lots of anime abuse them because of lack of budget or talent.

>I honestly don't know how anime as an industry manages to stay afloat
Maybe because it's cheap to produce? All I'm hearing is that animators don't get paid that much

is it possible to crowdfund an actual season 2 because this is just not it?

That's a pipe dream, user. All you can do is accept this season for what it is and hope that season 3, if it even gets made, is handed to a studio more suited for OPM, like Bones.

You misspelled Trigger.

>wanting the number 2 studio instead of Kyoani
kek

OPM isn't KyoAni's style. I'd rather have the studio that made the excellent Mob adaptation to have a go at ONE's other work.

You're right letting a single season of it get an anime was low, doing a second season is truly as low as we can get

So I know Murata's in Africa now, but what did this tweet from 7th March mean then:
twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1103656984904032256
Did he mean in 22 days, as in the 29th of March, or on the 22nd. I guess the first?

But Kyoani can handle any style and give the show better production values than Bones. I like Mob a lot but S2 has been pretty shitty at times. Kyoani are already known for being the best studio in the industry yet they're taking 2 years out to train their staff to be even better. They're doing more movies to actually teach their staff to draw freely without restraints of TV series budgets/schedule even though their tv productions are pretty much at that level anyway.

Attached: 372487842354.png (1252x1080, 1.03M)

Name the times it was shitty.
I thought the internal uprising bit in the baddies org was weak but otherwise its all solid

Based and mobpilled

Attached: d07bfc386f8259fa56394a81be68986b.jpg (1000x1424, 256K)

Can someone remind me which great things will actually happen in S2?
The only shit i remember after years of filler is centipede and the tournament.

I just want to see the fucking Garou vs Saitama fight in Muratas artstyle already.

Mostly because anime secondaries are so toxic and usually more often than not ruin the franchise by association. Just look at the western Jojo anime youtube xforts fanbse. I can't think of anything more cancer. I just try to keep my affiliation with the series hidden now. Sometimes elitism is warranted. Especially seeing how unusable the rest of Yea Forums has become.

Saitama vs Fubuki, Metal Bat vs Garou, Metal Bat vs Elder, Suiryu vs Saitama, Bone vs Hundred Eyes Octopus, Genos vs Face Ripper, Sonic vs Genos.

>It's bad because at that point you might as well just read the manga.
Manga as a style doesn't have colour. Manga also can't do stuff like this;
youtube.com/watch?v=L6QakfpPOgE
Watch at timestamp 12:10 to 12:52.

Stills with well timed sound effects make for great entertainment and aren't something you can get from reading manga. The panning and sliding looks good too.

>The point of anime is to be animated.
No. It's not. Animated sequences only make up a small part of it.

>If your anime is little more than a collection of stills in between awkwardly animated scenes for transitions there's no point in it existing.
So berserk 97 doesn't deserve to exist? It's orders of magnitude better the 24fps animation filled abortion that is 2016.

>Stills are fine sometimes but lots of anime abuse them because of lack of budget or talent.
Sure but some of the best anime do it as stylistic choice.
See here in the Code Geass opening at timestamp 0:21 - 0:23.
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7zQbMxm28

>Metal Bat vs Garou
I swear if they fuck this shit up

Anime was never good.

you were never good

they are the light in the darkness

The animated background sequences in the recent episode were very crude even for the style. Also lacking in detail, looked rushed or like they were trying to animate above their means. Bones don't have the infrastructure or scheduling Kyoani do. Bones productions just don't stack up.

Did Queen Bee make this?

Fuck you.

t. seething Yea Forumstard

nah Kyoani can't do action, they should just stick to SoL comedies and dramas.

Yes they can. They're the best studio for it.

Attached: 2934822574935.webm (720x404, 2.93M)

>he wants the best anime studio doing SoL comedies and dramas
>he DOESN'T want Kyoani putting their skills to action, mecha, sci-fi etc..

Attached: 03284723957434.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Based MobChad dabbing on OPMlosers.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-21-04h02m23s572.png (1280x720, 1002K)

Tatsumaki.

Attached: Mogudan Tatsumaki.jpg (709x1181, 107K)

>approaching

AAAA WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST WAIT UNTIL MOB WAS DONE AND THEN DO OPM SEASON 2 FUUUUUUUCK

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mob Psycho 100 S2 - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_11.31_[2019.03.20_16.51.29].jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

maybe, only because mob may never be topped

Attached: 1552350947845.jpg (2560x1440, 334K)

based retard

I wonder what it would be like if Mob and OPM S2 aired at the same time

>Redline is trash
Die you retarded anime hater.

>kemono friends but beautiful and hand drawn
nice saved

watch more anime. watch more movies. read more books.

Seen over 1K anime, read enough shitty books and watched enough movies. Please, please kill yourself.

No you haven't, no you haven't, and no you haven't. I won't. You're a faggot.

lmao fuck off

Attached: 2938284537.jpg (1920x1080, 656K)

Oh look it's that newfag meme with that anime that brought boatloads of newfags of here all of a sudden your posts make so much more sense.

>Are we finally approaching the dark age of anime?
We might be, numbers-wise. Next season there are only 30 shows, compared to 55 in Spring 2018 and 48 in Spring 2017. Either it's a retreat into the life support of hopefully profitable territory, or they've decided to refocus and create a smaller number of higher-quality shows.

>So berserk 97 doesn't deserve to exist? It's orders of magnitude better the 24fps animation filled abortion that is 2016.
It's just as bad as the 2016 version, just in a different way. At least in the animation department, abusing stills instead of abusing CGI. You're just more accepting of one or the other but they're both bad and don't take advantage of being a traditionally 2D animated medium. Like I said, stills are fine occasionally but there are a lot of anime that use them in place of animation for time or budget reasons, in which case they're no better than if they had animated that scene with CGI.

SeeTalk to the hand nigger.

I'd argue that stills are better than CGI because a still can look good even though it's cheap. Cheap CGI is usually garbage.

Stylised hand drawn stills are always better than disgusting ugly cgshit animation.

>You're just more accepting of one or the other but they're both bad
Nah 97 is decent, 2016/17 are pure fucking cancer. You clearly haven't watched it.

> Like I said, stills are fine occasionally but there are a lot of anime that use them in place of animation for time or budget reasons, in which case they're no better than if they had animated that scene with CGI.
Yea I acknowledged that in my post but they're definitely fucking better than 3dcg shit.

This.

Attached: 348927429547235.webm (960x540, 2.79M)

>but there are a lot of anime that use them in place of animation for time or budget reasons
As is 3DCG. But unlike 3DCG shit Anime has always incorporated stuff like limited animation and detailed still shots as part of it's style of visual storytelling. As user said, the best anime, like Code Geass, do it as a stylistic choice and it can look great. It's in the fucking OPs of some of the most well produced anime.

>in which case they're no better than if they had animated that scene with CGI.
Don't you dare put anime's style on the same level as fucking CGI shit.

>But unlike 3DCG shit Anime has always incorporated stuff like limited animation and detailed still shots as part of it's style of visual storytelling
CGI was used artistically in some 80s and 90s anime too. It wasn't used a lot because of how long ago that was but it was still there. I imagine it gave a sort of unnatural look to things. Examples off the top of my head are some shots of a space colony in Char's Counterattack or the castle in a wide shot from Utena. There's more that I can't remember.

>Don't you dare put anime's style on the same level as fucking CGI shit.
Still images are no more "anime's style" than CGI.

>CGI was used artistically in some 80s and 90s anime too.
Piss off.

>I imagine it gave a sort of unnatural look to things.
Oh you imagine do you shitposter?
>looking like ugly out of place shit is good

>Utena
>bringing up this cheap piece of fucking garbage
Yea jc staff were fucking up things back then too and they've gotten a lot worse.

>Still images are no more "anime's style" than CGI.
>pretends to be retarded
Fuck you. Anime have done this since Tezuka made the first Japanese tv animation series. And no cgshit is not anime. This style of visual storytelling has defined decades of anime and the entirety of the CEL era, you cant re write history.

>Still images are no more "anime's style" than CGI.
Hang yourself traitor.

I would imagine you'd be one of the people defending Utena. I'm sure it uses lots of stills on top of recycling animation. You seem angry that I pointed out that anime in the past used CGI for its aesthetic though since it topples your argument that "stills have always been used and so they're part of the medium and a good thing". Just to be clear I don't like CGI either and I'm not defending it, I'm just using it as a counter example of stills that serves the same purpose, both in the past when it was used for artistic purposes when it didn't need to be, and for nowadays when it's used so something doesn't have to actually be animated traditionally.

Oh well you better just kill yourself then kiddo.

All the things you complained about are exactly why you can tell it's a Muv-Luv clone.

>used CGI for its aesthetic though
No they didn't.

>Just to be clear I don't like CGI either and I'm not defending it
You literally are you piece of garbage.

>both in the past when it was used for artistic purposes
I bet you were laughing whilst typing this. Kill yourself.

You autistic traitor. Hand drawn stills don't clash with anime, cgshit does.

>hurr durr anime has always used stills
Well anime has also always used stiff ugly off model ultra low detail dogshit animation so I guess you can stop complaining about anything, because the only basis for quality is "does it look like something from when my mom dropped me on the head the first time"

>being so self unaware you call someone autistic
You really should just go stab yourself in the throat and escape your mortal bounds, it'll be great I swear.

>As user said
Worst attempt to pretend not to be samefagging award of 2019

get off this board joe

>No they didn't.
Then why did they? CCA came out in 1988 and was otherwise traditionally animated. There was no reason to use CGI except that they wanted to. In fact it was probably more difficult than hand animating it. Utena was 1997 so closer to when CGI started being overused but I can't imagine in 1997 it would have been cheaper to make that scene of the spinning castle in CGI rather than using a still or just animating it by hand. I just remembered another one, Golgo 13 in 1983, which had a CGI animated scene in it, I think of a helicopter attack or something. Again, fully 2D animated except for that scene and so old that using CGI probably offered no cost cutting and might have been more expensive than just animating it by hand.

>Hand drawn stills don't clash with anime
I disagree completely. At least depending on how they're used. Take Jojo for instance, where a lot of iconic scenes are done with stills being panned over, and they're usually heavily filtered as well. It's sometimes even hard to make out what's happening in the still because of the filter on top of not doing a good job of implying movement even compared to the manga panels it's trying to copy. Another example of something I watched recently that I felt this way about was Princess Tutu. For a series about ballet, having so many of the ballet sections be just sequences of stills rather than actual animated dancing is really a shame and it rubbed me the wrong way every time it happened.

Oh wow, a whole post of nothing.

Attached: 8294738927889273234.png (630x646, 553K)

>expecting jc staff to deliver

>I disagree completely.
This isn't even debatable you autist. See webm here

Oh wow, bumping with a whole post of nothing

Ironic.

>This isn't even debatable you autist
Yes it is but you seem like you're finished trying to prove your point. You're already so biased about CGI that you refuse to listen to anything I say.

Absolutely lynchian

Another retard filtered. As expected of the master.

Attached: the master.jpg (1028x1172, 384K)