This is regarded as a masterpiece, right?

This is regarded as a masterpiece, right?

It handles the themes of identity just as well if not better than Eva and the themes of isolation on the same level as NHK. It's one of the most gorgeous looking shows I've ever seen and Akashi is a top tier waifu.

Attached: 1376742_Latvian_ShowMasterKeyArt_06e5ab58-be78-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg (3000x1688, 744K)

meh

The only thing you got right was the last part.

I don't understand how someone could come away from watching this and just feel meh about it. Care to explain?

If you ignore the comparisons to other anime would you agree?

It didn't click with me. I liked ping pong better.

Fair enough. Ping Pong was also great.

No, nobody considers this a masterpiece

Why not? What is Yuasa's masterpiece then?

I've seen so much praise for this it's insane. I gave it a go but it just didn't click with me. Something about the general character design, the main character himself and even the way the story was told to me was just a huge turnoff.
It's weird because I loved the shit out of Devilman Crybaby and it was by the same director apparently. But I can't get past that artstyle and the other stuff that I mentioned.

Ping Pong or Mind game easy

Yes, but it doesn't get talked about that much because it has multiple pleb filters.

I also loved this series OP. I still feel like Ping Pong is Yuasa's masterpiece, but Tatami Galaxy isn't far behind. I feel like you have to be a certain type of person to like it though.

I've never seen somebody compare TTG to NHK. That's interesting but a bit misguided I think. If I remember correctly TTG ultimately goes pretty broad with its themes, but NHK is deliberately for a specific subset of people.

I consider it a masterpiece.

>It handles the themes of identity ... well
Literally laughed out loud

Attached: 1550733425558.jpg (464x464, 156K)

>how someone could come away from watching this and just feel meh about it
They aren't 18-23 year old college students/virgins who self-insert really hard. That's essentially what this show is. Groundhog day done bad. It primarly resonates with individuals who consider their situation to be similar to Watashi's. Mind Game handles the overlapping themes a million times better as well.

I think it drags a little in the middle, but that's important in order for you to get the huge payoff at the end.

Based, the only good Yuasa.

The thing is the episodes in the middle are more important as a general idea than as individual episodes, could work the same with fewer episodes.

There's a difference between self inserting and being invested in a character.

It has a character struggling to fit himself into multiple school clubs, scenarios, and relationships only to accept himself, his friends and the life he's been dealt for what it is.
I bet you prefer super deep epic 20 minute internal dialogue from eva, right?

The comparison mostly comes from the last two episodes where he's trapped/isolated. Overall the shows are very different, but TTG nails some of what NHK goes for in those two episodes.

The animation grows on you after a while, I don't understand how someone couldn't enjoy all the lavish use of colors and the unique found footage stuff.

Ping Pong was amazing, but just a bit to straight forward compared to TTG. I think the simplicity of Ping Pong is one of it's strengths, but there's something special about the payoff of TTG

>and being invested in a character
Given how shallow Watashi is as a character, and how his troubles and circumstances are by no means of such nature that they require emotional investment to comprehend or empathize with, I have a hard time believing that you are invested because of how the character was constructed. The show simply is too long for what it's doing unless the audience sees itself in the character. Only then can you get any enjoyment out of, what essentially are, like 40% filler episodes. The contrast between individual episodes is too narrow, not to say borderline non-existent, to justify their existence.

>The show simply is too long for what it's
This, Colorful did the allegory better and more gradually despite being shorter.

fuck yeah colorful was good

Kemonozume desu

maybe if it was 4 episodes long

Some of my all time least favorite series composition.
There's a line where repetition for thematic emphasis instead becomes prolixity and Tatami Galaxy crosses that line, takes a big diarrhea shit on it, and then keeps walking for two days straight away from it before then dying of dehydration.

It's good, yes. I will give you that much but I wouldn't even say is Tomihiko's master piece.

Eva is over rated imo, don't think it does a good job doing anything when it's too busy pandering to japanese otakus while Anno very hypocritical is doing his best to sell to them while also talking shit about them.

My only complain about NHK would be that is too long, so I guess Tatami has that going, shorter more compressed story telling that doesn't deviate from the story it's trying to tell.

Tatami is very nice to look at, if you want another show with stylish animation and character design with a short but well thought out and well told story I would recommend Ping Poing The Animation.

>
>It didn't click with me. I liked ping pong better.
Tatami Galaxy is much better than Ping pong, fag

I do not self insert or relate to Watashi in anyway, but I find the situations he’s in captivating and entertaining enough to care. His plight of trying to fit in is simple and makes him easy to root for. That’s what I love about Yuasa’s anime is how poignant they are without being pretentious or convoluted. TTG is straight to the point until the last two episodes which have a great payoff.

>TTG is straight to the point
Apart from the fact that is uses X episodes to visualize the same shallow topics over and over again. How could a show based on timeloops, a show that essentially runs circles around what it addresses, possibly be "straight to the point"? If it was, then it'd end two episodes in.

I liked it and thought the last episode tied up everything nicely but going through it was a slog at times especially if you caught on to the gimmick and foreshadowing early.

>It handles the themes of identity just as well if not better than Eva and the themes of isolation on the same level as NHK.
Delusional, and I don't even like NHK.

How is Tatami Galaxy compared to SZS?
SZS is my fav, but never got to watch tatami. I heard they are similar though.

Attached: A8803-3754879242.1521854796.jpg (650x951, 205K)

They're not similar at all.

It's a masterpiece sure, but definitely not for everyone. It either clicks with you or doesn't. Same with Night is Short, although that one's slightly more accessible (and not as good)

Completely different. Can't think of one thing they share.

I see, I guess I got something wrong.
I'll try it anyway.

Well to be fair I've seen some people make the comparison because the main character is overly analytical and kind of similar and because there is a fast pace. I personally don't really see it.

Daily Reminder to read the book.

Add they say, it is endless right done right

No thanks, Morimi is a hack

The time loop concept is what makes it so simple, every episode is the same formula over and over leading to the last two episode pay off. I don't see how it could be considered anything other than straightforward.

I just used the comparisons to drum up conversation, they're all great shows imo.

Night Is Short was wonderful, but its pretty shallow. It's still surprising to me that it uses some of the characters from TTG. I can't think of anywhere else that happens in anime.

Very shallow piece of shit for shallow individuals

Attached: 1552775326555.png (1280x1534, 273K)

What anime do you consider to not be shallow?

Yuasa is a hack

>makes consistently gorgeous and unique anime
>hack

I love it. It's in my top 3 anime for sure. Definitely a masterpiece.

Redpill me on NHK.

Am i missing something or it is just that pathetic?

Tatami Galaxy is my favorite of fiction. Anyone who hasn't read the book should, it's different from the anime and better (in my opinion), though the anime is also great. >It handles the themes of identity just as well if not better than Eva
Disagree.
>and the themes of isolation on the same level as NHK
Yes, but only the two last episodes.
>It's one of the most gorgeous looking shows I've ever seen and Akashi is a top tier waifu
Agreed.

I do.

This. The thing that stick with me about its themes is that time is never wasted, there's no perfect outcome, important decisions should not be postponed, opportunities should not be wasted. Basically, "stop worrying about futile shit, get your fat ass out of your chair and be grateful for what you're given".

Attached: 1553036590129.png (550x600, 331K)

It's overrated but alright. I find some of the episodes to be a waste of time and the animation is pretty bad. Other than that, great show.

They're somewhat similar in comedic style.

I don't get it at all. The characters are either assholes or completely uninteresting and they all have first world problems that get tackled in every second anime. I don't know how someone can find this repetitive and predictable bullshit a good experience. The visuals, while cool, can get very jarring combined with the talking speed at times too.

I regard it as a masterpiece but I also recognize that it's most definitely not for everyone.
It's probably the greatest payoff of an ending of all time but you need to be VERY patient to be rewarded. It's a 6-7/10 show that jumps to a 10/10 because of the last 2 episodes.

Just go to youtube and listen to the pururin song and you'll be all set.

Eva is not about identity. NHK is not about isolation.

lmao how is watching 10 episodes being very patient thats like 2.5 hours

>This is regarded as a masterpiece, right?
No.

>It's one of the most gorgeous looking shows I've ever seen
>it looks different so i'll pretend it's aesthetically appealing
It looks like fucking shit.

Or maybe it's just forgotten garbage circlejerked only by fedora wearing retards.

are you describing TTG or Texhnolyze? TTG has one of the worst flops of an ending I've ever seen.

Are you me user?

Dumb boy

It's trash. Stop shilling that ugly hipster shit.

Quit goofing around

I'm not. Fuck this ugly shit and all the retards that pretend it looks good just because it's different.

Yes

>posting this thread on Yea Forums
well there's your first mistake

I liked it

I agree

>time is never wasted, there's no perfect outcome, important decisions should not be postponed, opportunities should not be wasted.

well said

probably

I regret making threads on Yea Forums mostly every time but this one hasn't been so bad

Erased did it better, unironically.

It is a masterpiece yes but the average Yea Forums tard who's main source of entertainment is yuri anime won't be able to see it.
And then threads like these happen.

Attached: based and redpilled.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

Attached: 62626.png (500x522, 33K)

(You)

>ugly shit
>consistently gougers
don't make me laugh

>thinking unique automatically makes something good
Fuck off.

Carried by the god-tier ending. The middle parts were boring as fuck.