Why didn't Haruhi stay in the public consciousness the way other popular shows from the same time like Death Note or...

Why didn't Haruhi stay in the public consciousness the way other popular shows from the same time like Death Note or Gurren Lagann did?

Attached: screenshot-296.png (1108x737, 630K)

Normalfags have shit taste.

Attached: GuP_Andou_consider_the_following.jpg (1920x1080, 820K)

based

Haruhi was shit

death note is plenty famous still

It was 3 years between seasons 1 and 2, and season 2 was a disaster.

Because it's a high-school show and it's pretty hip to hate or immediately disregard those now

This. TTGL wasn’t even good.

because her voice actor is a whore that fucked a entire band at once and then bragged about it while forgetting her roots of who made her popular in the first place so she said weebs were disgusting.

>so she said weebs were disgusting.
She might be a whore but she's not wrong about that.

Probably because it really wasn't that good. I can appreciate it, but I think it's one of those shows that you had to watch at the time it was running to really like it.

Cause the shows airing was fucking mess.
There are literally six different "orders" to watch the show and every single nigger will give you there preferred order and tell yoy how you HAVE TO WATCH IT THIS WAY BRO. Plus endless eight is understandibly tedious for normalfags.
Also TTGL and Death Note are easier to get into. Literally ANYONE can watch these shows with no prior animu experience.
Haruhi is ultimately a good show with an undeservedly large shadow.

Attached: 1481519366733.jpg (922x940, 110K)

This, Haruhi TV is kind of unorthodox for mainstream anime, not only the broadcast order and Endless Eight but also the narrative style at the time.

>the way other popular shows from the same time
Most of them are more forgotten than Haruhi, though? Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, D Gray Man, Reborn, Ouran, etc. might as well not have existed for all they're talked about right now.

Except the bassist.

Did we ever find out why the bassist was excluded? Was he married or just ugly?

he went out to get the pizza and came back only to find out he missed the pie

(you)

Fatigue, and the fact that it didn't really have closure, but at the same time had great closure in the crescendo that was the movie. People felt like it was "done with", but didn't have a super impactful ending like DN or GL had to make it really settle with audiences.

I'm still waiting for the last book to come out.

worst girl from shit show

It wasn't that good.

>There are literally six different "orders" to watch the show
the real correct method is to watch every posible order of the original 14 episodes in the least amount of episodes

Those shows were popular but this is HARUHI we're talking about, it was a fucking phenomenon at the time. Remember Hare Hare Yukai spreading across the internet like a wildfire?

You just named two series that are completed and compared it to something whose ending remains up in the air. Low IQ even if haruhi IS shit.

The ultra-casual audience has always been more interested in shounen than anything else. I always think people forget how much more popular and especially more widely popular Death Note was even back then

>The ultra-casual audience has always been more interested in shounen than anything else.
I wouldn't really consider Death Note shounen at all. Maybe it did show up in SJ, but really it's far more of a psychological story than the typical action/adventure comedy that you typically see described as shounens.

1. The original episode order confused people
2. The DVD cronological order annoyed other people
3. The 2nd season was aired without notice in the middle of a reairing of the 1st season
4. The new episodes only confused more people with new orders
5. Endless Eight. It was fun when they got the audience by repeating the same episode once or twice, but 8 times made people mad and bored.
6. The main character VA who appeared to be very humble on earlier interviews became a notable whore in Japanese news.
7. That Yuki Nagato-chan literal fanfic spin-off had nothing that made the fans like the main series in the first place.

That's some I can think of. Tough I still hold dear toughts to the series, it was very creative to it's time.

you just made a Haruhi thread, disproving your theory

Attached: 68df3677dd88307cf630a1fc7c0eb3be.jpg (2114x3047, 798K)

we call those pleb filters

Attached: 0676b3e66a7c56eb448d054b4dec554f.jpg (2114x3047, 721K)

He apparently did have a chance to fuck her, he just didn't want to.

>spoiler
I understood that reference

Because it wasn't as much of a normalfag show.

I'm not into pregnancy art, but something about this one...

Because it just wasn't that good. Cool concepts, a couple of really likeable characters but a deadass boring MC and most of the episodes were terrible and forgettable. The movie was awful too unless you like watching 2/3rds of a story then jumping to the end without knowing how anything got resolved.

Attached: 9a52c0ed525e8e4aee8770fcf8ab3b29608fbf62_hq.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

you want to have babies with a girl who has superior genes

Attached: 1548910511136.jpg (1280x1810, 200K)

because season 2 burnt almost all of the good will and hype from season 1

Literally none of those points stopped Haruhi from being well discussed during the time. You're basically just airing your grievances at this point.

>she said weebs were disgusting
Otaku or weebs? Because I don't think japan would give a single shit if it was the latter

>because season 2 burnt almost all of the good will and hype from season 1
no it didn't. there was more hype for the movie than season 1

Attached: 1518611262838.jpg (500x500, 107K)

overshadowed by all the other kyoani stuff

it had to compete with Lucky Star
K-on
Tomoko Market
hibike euphonium
Nichijou
Maid Dragon
Violet Evergarden

in comparison all Madoka had to compete with is the monogatari series

During the original time it aired, no. But the controversial 2nd season and VA fiasco years later sure helped the series to be forgotten.

>1-man HIDF thinks the vast majority of anime fans getting a glut of new IPs every season weren't sickened by the sheer incompetence of re-airing an episode seven times and calling it new

Only fans of the series cared about disappearance, it certainly didn't have the same mainstream appeal as S1

Not really. Drama tends to keep things more in the public eye. Honestly, this is probably the best explanation I've seen in this thread:

All of those shit or mediocre compared to haruhi

yeah but they're new and new matters more than old for the overwhelming majority of people consuming anime

come on Yea Forumsnon Haruhi wasn't that good

But still good, the others aren't

we had constant disappearance threads for over a year

what the fuck makes you think Yea Forums is at all representative of the general anime-watching demographic? the public consciousness doesn't give a shit what a couple of million people on Yea Forums think of one show

Slice of life shows don't stay in the public consciousness for more than a few years unless they're K-On.

And S1for even more time, but even then we are talking about normalfag appeal

This, normalfags didn't actually watch Haruhi because it's not like Western TV, whereas the likes of DN and TTGL could easily be Western cartoons.

Because it looks like moeshit and I didn't know it had more to it until years later and even now I'm not watching it.

I don't go around talking to normalfags

do you?

Attached: [Lemon] The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan - 07 [720p] [5288AA53].mkv_snapshot_13.31_[2015.11.16_ (1280x720, 112K)

>that design

Attached: Little_Haruhi.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

no but it sure does explain why the show disappeared from the public consciousness like OP mentioned

Eh, people don't remember Clannad, Air, or Lucky Star that much either

I never heard of haruhi still I started browsing Yea Forums

so I can't say it was ever in public consciousnesses

i wasn't watching anime back when haruhi first aired but i sure as shit knew what it was thanks to the dance that everyone was losing their goddamn minds over

>people think anime maintaining popularity in the west means anything

Attached: NIKON-D810_TAMRON-SP-15-30mm-F2.8-Di-VC-USD-A012N_2682.jpg (2400x1602, 2.97M)

But you're talking about it right now instead of literally 100 other things from the same year.

Attached: 1317844116931.jpg (838x597, 36K)

Kyoani killed the franchise with endless eight.

Attached: weed haruhi45.png (326x493, 132K)

Idk. Air is almost completely forgotten. But Lucky Star still gets the odd mention and Clannad is still regularly talked about as one of the best emotional or romance series.

But it did
Why the fuck do you think it didn't??

Because true art is not immediately appreciated and understood until decades later

Too busy fucking band members

Based and selfcontrolpilled

In addition to everything said by anons, Haruhi is also a parody of anime and anime tropes, so normalfags are probably pissed at how it’s mocking their mainstream garbage.

He was married.

So many people did not get that, because it mocked the tropes before they were completely endemic.

It became enshrined as an example of what it was roasting.

Attached: FYnet.jpg (638x563, 58K)

>Haruhi is also a parody of anime and anime tropes
No it's not, sure it has some of that but that's not what the show is about.

Yeah, it's not like we've been waiting for over 10 years for a third season, right?

What? By that logic every anime ever had to compete with shows by the same studio that aired years later. How do you compete when you’re not even airing?

Haruhi had to compete with K-On in 2009, and that’s it. K-On, Lucky Star, Maid Dragon, etc. didn’t exist in 2006.

third season ain't coming
best we can all hope is complete reboot unless KyoAni crashes by 2026