All memes aside, what went so horribly wrong?

All memes aside, what went so horribly wrong?

Attached: 761b796ac157a56b441e09af7f2d61d1.jpg (890x1255, 327K)

I kept going after Aizen.

But if you want a serious answer, strict deadlines and a shitty work schedule put a lot of strain on mangakas to deliver something, often leading to mediocrity or outright shit

>bumping a dead thread

>consider this
Nothing went wrong. Being the enigma he is, Kubo decided to focus on side characters more than the MC in a WSJ final arc, something not many people liked. Ichigo is fundamentally different than other WSJ mcs, in that he lacks ambition and drive. His fights and morals are entirely adaptive and changing, it's why he can fall into despair and actually think "Yeah I can't beat this guy, it's over.". The kanji for his name itself means to "protect/guard". Therefore the story of Bleach was driven by its side characters and villains. Hell he literally spoon-feeds us this idea by keeping ichigo a "substitute reaper". Ichigo is an extension of the circumstances, and the thousand blood war arc finally made the circumstances an extension of Ichigo's own decisions making the arc feel out of loop.

Attached: 11469b082c6d257fe335363ef464f51fcaba0881562b5e3d244065cb7e575b10.jpg (710x461, 42K)

Your pic related

>what went so horribly wrong
They left the real world and changed the genre. It took too long and there was nowhere to go from there. Wasn't this the better part of a decade ago by now? How are people still confused about it?

The audience was largely comprised of shonenbabies who could not understand, let alone appreciate, a masterpiece such as Bleach.

>ghostbustersfags
Let me guess, you also waifu Tatsuki?

Litteraly nothing, i loved it for what i thought it was a shonen battle manga.

everything was going pretty alright, until they introduced the fullbringers, and worse, the quincies after that.

Fullbringers were stupid because having hollow powers was a topic already covered by the Visored. Fullbringers just over complicated the matter. Their mini arc was overly cluttered and added nothing to the plot since, if I remember correctly, nothing they do affects the story moving forward.

The quincy story was good in theory, Quincies coming back to take revenge on the Shinigami. But they were way overpowered and Yhawhchwach was easily the worst villain in all of fictional history.

You could tell the fullbringer "arc" was just there to buy time for Kubo to try to plot out the details of the "quincy revenge" concept but he cracked under pressure and just started writing fan fiction level stuff at that point.

tl;dr I think Kubo wanted to stop, which is why he finished off Aizen, but he was forced to continue and thus rushed out stuff that flopped amazingly and pretty much nuked what little potential the series had to be memorable.

>if I remember correctly
You don't

What went wrong? It wasn't axed after 300 chapters.

>Stooping the middle of a fucking lasaga
Wew

Kubo was never built do deal with the stress of a weekly serialization in WSJ, his editor was busy bashing him instead of helping, there was some shit at the editorial dept. calling to axe bleach because kubo didn't like public evens, signing, and generally promoting the product using his face in public.
Yeah, we joke about him a lot, kubotrolling, THE HEART etc, but in reality the poor dude was put under tons of pressure and collapsed.

Bleach probably would've been better as a monthly manga, he could also plan the ending sequence properly instead of rushing it this way.

basically anything past Arrancars which was still alright as an arc was rushed or unnecessary.

Yhwach's fight didn't even make sense. Could've had more exploration on the soul king and more keikakus from aizen in a chair leading to then sending off Yhwach properly.

Attached: makes you think.jpg (555x783, 185K)

Do we need to have this same thread every fucking day?

>first half
good
>second half
absolute trash

Trashy final cocky villain with dragged out fights all around and badly written asspulls

>buzzwords the post

No rape dungeon doujins.

Shitposters can go a day without shuitting on a series they didnt read

Yes xd

they really don't do much. They're just an asspull for Ichigo to get his powers back to justify the quincy arc which was utter trash. In terms of the overall plot they really don't actually matter.

Bleach actually could have been really great because the stage was set for a lot of adventures exploring the Soul Society, Heuco Mundo, the living world, and the various things that tie them together. If it had just taken it's time it could have been really great, but things just got rushed too much, it's a damn shame.

Bleach babies don't care about anime and manga so they cling to their dusted garbage.

>They're just an asspull
We already stablished you dont know what you are talking about. No need to dig your grave deeper

They didn’t give Kubo the time off he wanted.

t. OP

It lost it's theme of overcoming grief and turned into a plot-twist fest. Also, making Inoue the main love interest was a mistake. I sometimes think Bleach openings tell a better story than Bleach itself...

Attached: 38493939.gif (500x379, 1.04M)

>It lost it's theme of overcoming grief and turned into a plot-twist fest.
Wrong
>Also, making Inoue the main love interest was a mistake.
Keep seething

I'd seeth if the story was good. But because it's such a trainwreck there's nothing to seeth about. IchiHime is just another of Kubo's bad decisions

Cope more

Kubo almost never solved things in a satisfying way for the readers. Seriously it all comes down to him writing whatever he found personally cool but didn't stop to think
>It I was a random reader, would this be fun or would I want it to end already?

So enemies are cool but just unbeatable, characters you like that are supposedly strong merely get squatted like bugs (the captains...) OR they fodderize their enemies, and the most balanced fights are usually against random guys you don't care about.
As a writer Kubo should have asked himself
>Do I want this random Quincy to be invencible and trash captains for 20 chapters, or do I make him kinda beatable and take some hits struggling to win?
>Actually most of the bad guys I have planned will be killed by Yhawch himself since I planned on making them too op. Maybe I should have them lose in a good fight to the captains.

And then there's the fact that he focuses on characters you don't want to see. There's Kenpachi, Byakuya, Ichigo, Yamamoto, Aizen, Mayuri... And he focuses on the group of quincy girls, renji or some other random while doing shit like forgetting about Grimmjow.

In summary, he badly needed an editor to tell him all of these things.

did any scans or pictures of that artbook from December ever surface

>Actually most of the bad guys I have planned will be killed by Yhawch
Except you are wrong

Again, no need to. I'm actually glad Ikiruki wasn't a part of this mess.

It was just for the sake of simplicity. Yeah it wasn't most of them, but they were so OP Kubo ran out of asspulls (or motivation) and got rid of them himself while they were about to wipe out the SS.

Even Mexico bored me. Kubo was still great at making hype moments, so it had some fantastic spikes, but on the whole it felt aimless (but lol that's intended!) and like an off brand attempt at the SS arc.

And Aizen wore on me really fast. Again, great hype moments, but constant psychic keikakus and just being fucking broken ends up being really shallow. Getting outright immune to everything until the MC gets the right transformation that doesn't even give him anything new beyond maintaining relevancy is cheap too.

The characters and the themes were at least great while it was in monster of the week and SS mode. But he starts to lose his touch with that, only momentarily getting it back in fullbring, and threw worldbuilding off a cliff. The editor influence is definitely there and was the real killing blow, but some of this is just Kubo.

For a series that goes from fight to fight to fight endlessly, with little substantial character motivation besides maintaining the status quo because it's the status quo, Bleach had a really half assed and disjointed power system. That's not a problem in a series that does more with the actual story and purpose, or is more character driven, but Bleach comes up short on all of those.

Attached: PoorRukia.jpg (772x641, 169K)

>Bleach had a really half assed and disjointed power system
How so?

The Quincy's powers got extremely confusing and copied the power-ups of the espada.

It's just powerlevels multiplied by asspulls.

>The Quincy's powers got extremely confusing
Only if you are a brainlet
>and copied the power-ups of the espada.
But it didn't

>multiplied by asspulls
See

There's nothing to see. You didn't even answer me.

The answer is that you are a retard

Every ranking Quincy got forms. How many used bows? How many used any ability that was told to us by Ishida? Just got made up as it went along and Kubo just needed new Espada to finish that terrible arc.

Yes, but it's my line.

>How many used bows?
All but like 5

I need to read it again then because I really can't think of a single one that used a bow. Maybe the sniper black guy but still gun.

Absolutely nothing, it was pure kino

Powers are literally anything and you get stuff from "my weapon has a new shape, maybe an energy blast" to "I only have to show you my shikai once to permanently control all of your senses perfectly for the rest of time and can control countless people at once regardless of your power level and also even Kisuke and Mayuri can't use their science bullshit to undo it." I don't mind an open ended power system, but that's just not consistent. Aizen's falsified zanpakuto actually sounded a lot better. And that's just Zanpakuto (which also didn't uniformly do shikai into bankai well). "SCIENCE" might as well be it's own power system here, on top of Orihime just warping reality. And then god damn Gremmy. I can accept Quincy powers being weirder as what amounts to a gift from a demi god, but Gremmy was just outlandish.

But this typically doesn't matter anyway with the transform to a higher power level gimping that gets used anyway. One of my favorite fights visually was Yuroichi vs. Soifon, because Kubo actually makes hand to hand look really interesting, but even if he had done more stuff like that he just no sells most of his attacks with power level difference. He could have made it a lot more dynamic with characters being able to vary the amount of spiritual pressure they extend to a single point, or done more to keep people as threats in general, but he never strikes a balance with any of this. So whether it's a physical fight or using effects, as a whole Bleach just ends up pulling new things out to trump the old, without really making the execution matter.

Should have added, "Kisuke and Mayuri can't do anything to undo it with copious prep time." That was just short of a sin with how Kubo treats their tech.

>characters being able to vary the amount of spiritual pressure they extend to a single point
And what would this amount to? Ok so they focus their power into something, what does that do?

Offset power differences with skill. You put more power into a smaller area to increase the risk, but overcome a stronger overall power level. HxH, OP, and a few others have done it. It's good, and would have done Bleach a ton of good had Kubo cared for more dynamic fights.

>HxH
stopped reading
>OP
stopped reading a second time

That's okay, I could tell by your first comment that your head was up your own ass

Attached: 1547854114472.png (659x553, 520K)

>Used a bow:
A - Yhwach (he has a Schrift, so I'll count him as a Stern Ritter)
A - Uryu
C - Pernida
D - Askin
G - Liltotto
H - Bazz-B (crossbow, close enough)
L - Pepe
M - Gerard
P - Meninas
T - Candice
Z - Giselle

>Didn't use a bow:
B - Haschwalth (sword and shield)
E - Bambietta (sword, free projectiles)
F - As Nodt (floating spikes)
I - Cang Du (claws?)
J - Quilge (rapier)
K - BG9 (minigun)
N - Robert (pistol)
O - Driscoll (giant spear)
Q - Berenice (unknown)
R - Jerome (unknown)
S - Mask/James (can't recall)
U - Nanana (none)
V - Gremmy (none)
W - Nianzol (none)
X - Lille (sniper rifle)
Y - Lloyd (unknown)
Y - Rroyd (unknown)

Out of 28 Stern Ritters, 11 used a bow, and the remaining 17 used other weapons (if any).

>characters have unique abilities
Yes they do. Those abilities are meant to represent their personalities/hearts, a barbarian like Kenpachi gets a bigger sword, a conniving manipulator like Aizen get illusions
>Orihime
She is a fullbringer, warping reality is kinda their thing
>Gremmy
He didnt get powers from a demi god. Gremmy is a demi god himself

>what went so horribly wrong
It didn't end after Aizen. Now, that wouldn't be so bad if the TYBW arc didn't look exactly like pic rel. There were a few good moments but the whole thing was a trainwreck. And don't even get me started that fucking ending.

Attached: bleach.png (300x2338, 258K)

The weekly chapters were so horribly paced that it really dragged down the series but it's surprisingly good if you read it in one go. Other than that the ending could've used at least 10-15 more chapters but since it got axed it couldn't have been done I guess.

tl;dr: Wasted potential - the manga

>if the TYBW arc didn't look exactly like pic rel
It didnt

There's having unique abilities, and then there's having no coherence in the scope of your powers. Bleach hit the latter hard. Just being okay with anything thrown your way doesn't really excuse it

every single fight with the quincies was this back and forth bullshit

Ichigo has no character at all. He's a reactionary character b/c he doesn't have any goals that push him forwards to something. Every arc can be summed up as "protect muh friends/family from the new big bad." Looking at the other big 3 at the time: Naruto wanted to be ninja president and Luffy wants to obtain One Piece. Hell even Goku has the aspiration of wanting to fight stronger people. All Ichigo wants to do is to live a normal life, but he doesn't have the charisma of Yoshikage Kira in order to be interesting.

Attached: 20181215_fish_release_the_spyce.png (1280x720, 575K)

You are just repeating they are incoherent without more arguments

They werent

This. Also let's not forget how fucking BORING his powers are. Besides one spell that is Getsuga Tenshou all he does is get fast/stronger. That's it. Kubo can change his design with every power-up but he is still just so uninteresting.

ok faggot

Alright nigger

>Didn't address anything about Aizen's zanpakuto being able to permanently affect multitudes of people without upkeep and seemed to have proved entirely irremovable by Kisuke with 100 years to devote to it, and every kido, Zanpakuto, and random magic treasure at the Gotei's disposal
>"He's just strong lmao"
>"Why not reality warping, it was explicitly made out to be bizarre all of two of fullbringers use it that way, so it's cool"
Nah, pretty sure I'm not on the backfoot here.

>still no argument
>gets half the things wrong
Just because you just dont like them it doesnt mean its badly written

Yeah, showing pretty well that you can't defend it

Showing pretty well you think your opinions hols any weight

>Aizen's shikai is an opinion

>HxH
OH
MY
RUBBER NEN

>OP
OH
MY
HAKI

>I dont like his shikai
>its bad

>this post
OH
MY
FORCED MEME

>I still can't defend it

Kubo repeated the same basic story tropes across Bleach’s different arcs. And every time he seemed to get writer’s block he dealt with it by creating a new character or a new bullshit bankai/resurrecion/vollstandig - which eventually ended up leading to another writer’s block.

>I still present my opinions as facts

>Jojo nigger
I was with you until that point.

God, imagine if people did this with ever asspull in bleach

>repeated the same basic story tropes across Bleach’s different arcs
What tropes were repeated in the fullbring arc and quincy arc?

Cope, OPcuck.

Attached: 507.jpg (480x531, 31K)

ITT: One bleachfag defends bleach because he's so pathetic he has stake his personal worth and self-esteem on it

Your generation is pathetic

t.lvl 1 speed reader

>REEEEEEEEEEEE PEOPLE DONT BLINDLY AGREE WITH MY OPINION
Cope

>Bleach isn't made of asspulls

Attached: Luffy_Laugh.jpg (350x263, 17K)

>THE
>THOU-
>SAND-
>BLEYEARACH
>BLOOD
>WAR
>the bleyearach are a new class of yet unrevealed villain
KUBOOOOOOOO

Attached: kubo1.gif (528x304, 1.92M)

>he says as he posts OP

>OPtard laughing about asspulls
LOL

Bleach living rent free inside your head, sweety?

Attached: 57d.png (1018x790, 220K)

Is Bleach the "Boku no Hero Academia" of its time?

That was Naruto

It wouldn't fit in 4channel, user

Rushed, nothing particularly interesting or good after Unohana vs Kenpachi fight. The 0 Squad were complete useless jobbers.

Shitposters already do that with non asspulls

It was going pretty well for post-SS arc Bleach standards until Kubo rushed the ending. Was better than the Arrancar arc until then actually

the art was top notch and the story good until Aizen was defeated. all downhill after that

>all downhill after that
Nah

Not enough Nell.

Pff, Naruto and one piece did just fine.

Kubo is just an incompetent and terrible writer.

>Naruto
>did just fine
Nice reddit spacing

One Piece might do fine but Naruto did not. It went to shit too, just never got as bad as Bleach.

naruto > wan piss =D

>>>reddit

It wasn’t good to begin with

Both were disastrous towards the end, but Naruto is on a whole other level. Kishi just threw every logic he set to his world, and adding "no jutsu" to every possible bullshit you could think of became legit. I won't even start on the whole 6 paths of bullshit, and an ethereal character giving them plothax powers on the spot. Even togashi's asspulls are somewhat more acceptable

>what went so horribly wrong?
Aside from Kubo's shoulder, nothing.

One of the best manga ever created.

Attached: 1456436502278.jpg (1000x700, 318K)