Jowl

>jowl
>offal
>tongue
>loin
I went and tried some of thing because I saw it in Yuru Camp.
I was literally fucking gagging on this offal and shit. Do people in Japan really normally eat all the intestines of animals like this? I almost threw up after the offal and couldn't even try the tongue.

Attached: Yuru Camp - 06 (BD 1080p) [AA94AA9E].mkv_snapshot_13.04_[2019.03.19_14.23.50].jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/df3KEMx0
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/offal
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion
exhentai.org/g/1380013/f36df7314e/
youtube.com/watch?v=8eskh9wQyQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wait till you go to mongolia

I am curious now. Do tell!

The technique used to prepare offal is very important to it's flavor. Braised cow tongue is bitchin' if you know how to make it properly.

Tongue is great user. Offals, that depends on serving method and cooking skills honestly.

???

It's not just Japan. Pretty much every country on earth has some way to make use of most parts of the animal, though there's some regional variation in what parts they don't eat. You eat that stuff too, it's just been processed to hell and back before you even see it. Or do you think they make the sausages out of sirloin and prime ribs?

Attached: i will now proceed to pleasure myself with this fish.png (864x720, 533K)

raw guts aren't off the menu

Well fried liver is mouth watering

if all comes down to prep

How does one cook it?

While I've never eaten sausages or hot dogs because I know what they're made of. It's still pretty different than just throwing some cow's large intestine on a grill then taking a bite.

cook?

raw.

the sausage skin is usually intestine tho

That in no way contradicts what I said.

What sauce do you dip it in?

The blood of your enemies? The tears of their women?

Wait seriously.

My whole life was a lie.

can't really remember, just remember that I watched a food show where they had the guy eat pieces of sheep liver, heart, stomach and other innards just straight raw out of a huge bowl. think he had some rice and milk.

You should see some South American food. I ate cow heart recently from a peruvian place, shit was so good.

ITT: sheltered Americans discover food that doesn't come from a cardboard box or the drive-in at McDonalds.

Attached: 78466745843.png (838x720, 387K)

>thinking this is a japanese thing
Have you never accidentally gotten an all-meat burrito from a taco truck?

You're missing out.

T. Sichuan Chink

Eat some tacos lengua, that might be closer to the americlap pallate.

Jowl is cheek and that's some of the best stuff too. Offal requires a bit of prep that varies from every country and some people like it that sort of gamey flavor. Closest americlap thing is chicken livers.

Pretty standard for steppe herder culture.
Existence there is/was brutal.

Hilariously, Japan is one of the most offal averse countries in the world and Americlaps still manage to outdo them.

Bitch, please. My diet is probably a thousand times more healthy than yours.

This is what I eat every day.
pastebin.com/raw/df3KEMx0
And I eat that in a 1 hour window, then fast for 23 hours.

yeah, not bashing it at all. Just telling OP he would never be able to eat those kinda foods if he can't do the ones he listed.

>an all-meat burrito
That honestly sounds disgusting as fuck.
And no, I refuse to eat truck food.

>No activated almonds

Pipe down, fatty.

Attached: 1430470514619.png (861x720, 350K)

>being Australian
>being a fate stay/shit fag

Wtf we /ck/ now bros.
i just finished this show recently and holy fuck it was a good time, I don't watch muh SoL but would this be considered generic shit?

Attached: 2019-03-17 13.28.40.jpg (1210x1432, 589K)

>Do people in Japan really normally eat all the intestines of animals like this?
It's more well-known in other countries if anything, including the one you live in probably.

Taco trucks are basically the same as any hole in the wall Mexican place if you're in the right neighborhood
But yeah carne instead of carne asada turned out to include tripe, tongue, and a handful of other stringy surprises layered about halfway through

It's on the high end.

YC is probably one of the most acclaimed SoL series since NNB, so not really

Has anyone tried making Rin's pasta here, as narrated in the episode? Is it good?

Attached: rin pasta.png (727x672, 519K)

Have you guys ever tried buchada or haggis?

I'm saving this for when I am out of debt I am going turbo on losing weight.
Thank you for this

Do americans really eat this?

A few on /ck/ have. It's pretty good apparently

Doing the one meal a day type of fasting is actually pretty cheap on the wallet.

I spend maybe 20 USD on food per 1.5 week(s). If you want to lower it further, you can cut out the water cress and spinach and just eat more kale. Because you can get like, a Peat Moss bag size worth of kale for like 2 USD. Kale is actually more healthy all around, but I like the taste of the other two.
And obviously, you could just drop the salmon and eat more turkey or chicken, as long as it's lean. I have the salmon high intensity work out days when my body will need to burn more fat. Because without enough fat your body will burn muscle instead.

You can buy olives and walnuts in bulk from warehouse stores and get them for cheap because they have a long shelf life.

I cooked it and it was so good unbelievably good comfortable food. No wonder why it’s campy food

I know what I'm making tomorrow night.

Attached: 1515161045299.jpg (1920x1080, 724K)

How does the cheese not spoil being kept out of the fridge?

Chicken hearts and livers are amazing, as is cow liver. Though very different

I like munching on cow balls. I like how they roll on my tongue.

The absolute fucking state of westerners. How can you gag at perfectly normal food?

I assume while they're still attached to the bull.
Obviously for the most fresh flavor.

>born and raised in texas
>grow up eating brisket, deep fried chicken gizzards, sausage, liver with onions, barbacoa, and mexican dishes like menudo and tongue tacos

maybe i'm the weird one

Attached: Terry Funk.jpg (225x350, 22K)

>People who don't know what they eat on a daily basis
Ever eaten sausage? What do you think they're wrapped in? It's intestine.

Spicaroonie

I'd probably swap out beacon for ham, and asparagus for broccoli just to make it healthier. And drop the mushrooms, because I dislike eating fungus.

Late on saying that. Read the thread.

>tongue
>offal
Those are the best parts. If these gross you out then never eat actual Chinese cuisine.
>pig blood cake
>cow stomach lining
>chicken testicles
And this stuff is tame compared to those weird North European stuff.

Haggis is the best Intestine dish.

Yuru Camp is a bad influence on people; it should be kinshi'd!

Attached: yurucamp.jpg (1295x744, 344K)

>maybe i'm the weird one
Do you know how to make a margarita?

no

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/offal
>Waste material.
>Decomposing animal flesh.

Used in a sentence.
>eating pieces of braised offal turned his stomach
Even Oxford thinks offal is gross.

That sounds offal

Attached: 1429485824006.jpg (350x350, 22K)

it depends. if you're eating processed factory made sausage, then it's probably made out of collagen or cow proteins. genuine handmade sausage is intestine.

yea there's only rats

anyone got the webm?

Attached: 1546233077180.jpg (720x720, 47K)

Swine is disgusting. Pork contribute more to climate change than cows.

Cheese doesn't need to be refrigerated as much as you think. Europeans leave it out on the counter with the eggs. The appliance industry warped american minds to think you will die if you eat something thats not refrigerated.

>climate change
>real

Sandpeople get out

>Japan
Mate, do you know any hunters/fishermen? We eat heinous shit
>TFW you ate deepfried perch ovaries while hanging out at fish cleaning huts working for Division of Wildlife.
Tastes just like popcorn shrimp

Pigs are fucking terrifying. They go feral in just one generation, warp ecosystems in a way that make beavers look like lazy retards and have no qualms about eating human flesh. The reason pork has the most parasites of any meat is they eat anything that falls into their pen. I watched the pigs on my granpas farm rip a puppy apart. Anytime someone says pigs are cute I want to slap them.

If you're from Texas, and you can't make a margarita, then you are definitely the weird one.
>tequila
>cointreau
>lime juice
>served on ice in a glass rimmed with salt

Where is the Vatican edit?

Cheese was literally invented as a way to preserve milk before refrigeration.

it's more like we pasteurize milk which might lower its shelf life outside of refrigeration. and milk just lasts longer in the fridge. leaving milk out is completely outside of the norm here

>offal
huh that sounds like scrapple, which is pretty good

Hormone yakiniku is very underrated outside of Japan.

There is plenty of offal for cheap yet nobody knows how to prepare it right and nobody wants to eat it.

I mean in winter camping, having milk and cheese outside isnt such a big deal considering its as cold/colder than inside of the fridge

I'm looking for the one with Naotan breaking it herself.

Fasting is terrible for weight loss. You should be eating every 3-4 hours or your metabolism slows down. By fasting, your body becomes reluctant to give up stored fat and will lay down more fat as soon as you stop fasting.

You sound like you have literally never seen how animals are processed. Not a single bit is wasted except for religious/cultural reasons. Intestines, tongues, testicles are all edible. But I also think you felt so bad because your stuff was not well made or you messed up the preparation.

sounds like you should just never stop fasting then

Hamburgers and steak are all you need.

No, that's not even close to how it works. By eating every 3-4 hours your body will literally never burn fat and enter ketosis. Because the hormone that burns fast is sensitive to insulin, and your insulin goes up after you eat.

Just watch this.
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

hamburgers, steak and skewers are all the girls had and it looked delicous

I want to make Nades gyoza hotpot

Attached: 1516993033734.jpg (1024x766, 168K)

For me, it's scrapple

Please never give dieting advice to anyone ever again.

Korean blood sausage and pigs feet are pretty damn good. Wouldn't mind trying stuff like haggis or grilled hearts.

Attached: sundae.jpg (481x354, 45K)

Just close your eyes and chew it faggot

wew
imagine trying to cook a top tier ingredient and post on Yea Forums the same day

Attached: 1546572158750.png (1600x1600, 1.61M)

>NADE PUT ME DOWN
>haha, sorry Rin-chan but my sister said she would take me to an all you can eat buffet if I deliver you to her

A dumb crossboarder would concider it generic shit

It's only right that if an animal has to be killed for food you maximize the amount of food you get.

>While I've never eaten sausages

Attached: 1500730138590.png (529x720, 347K)

I thought it was because she will get ntr-ed

>be white boi
>gag on anything that's not water

Try Sisig from the Philippines. Don't eat them raw.

That just looks like alfredo with asperger, mushroom and bacon

theres also onion, garlic, pepper, parsley and bullion

>asperger

Attached: 1501421269828.png (824x720, 854K)

Weak gaijin

Throwing away valuable animal protein on this resource-limited planet.

I hope you eat your spunk when you jerk it

>be SEAmonkey
>can't go more than a day without trying to snack on the neighbor's dog

Attached: 1550252894732m.jpg (1024x674, 172K)

>Advocates cannibalism.
You do you.

its not cannibalism if its your own product

Where are you from?

I regularly eat the local variant of haggis. It may look like vomit but is delicious.
Black pudding is severely underrated. It used to be a staple when meat was expensive but I can picture posh faggots being put off by it being mostly blood.

I'm sorry my post made you gag
it wasn't my intent

Me too but I don't know what any of those ingredients are.

Those extra parts of the animals are saved for the subhuman races. The whites merely eat the best tastiest pieces and leave them the scraps.

japanese green onion is just leek afaik, those are shimeji mushrooms otherwise I think its just a standard spicy hotpot recipe with gyoza simmered in it

You're probably just bad at cooking it. Offal requires cooking skills and knowing your way around seasonings. You can't just throw it on a pan like a steak and flip it like the average white boy would. It's not gonna taste good.
Moreover your tongue probably isn't educated to the good shit. I grew up in a city of butchers so offal is not only easy to find but considered a delicacy, also my mom was the daughter of peasants.
Just look at this sexy baby.

Attached: SweetbreadsChufaCuminBroccoliCocoa_(8311452821).jpg (1200x800, 116K)

Unironically dog tastes good
cat tastes like shit tho

Attached: jenkemm.jpg (500x500, 37K)

Been in upstate New York my whole life.

I can imagine the consistency and texture just looking at it. Makes me want to vomit.

only part of an animal I wont eat is the brain because prions

That makes more for me, so honestly I can't find it in myself to mind your lack of education.

Attached: vol-vent-ris-agneau-gambas.jpg (1000x666, 213K)

brain is good as fuck but i dont blame you on the prion thing

who /bonemarrow/ here?

Attached: 001.jpg (985x846, 193K)

Not a fan of Pate?

Properly cooked organ meats are incredibly tender and flavorful. I'm willing to put money down that anyone who isn't hotdogs and hamburgers levels of picky would eat that and enjoy it if they weren't told what it was.

So you're some well off country bumpkin huh?

The only part of haggis that might be intestine is the casing that you don't even eat. The meat is all heart, lung and liver.

So you'll eat bone marrow?
I didn't eat brain in a long time but bone marrow is the shit. It's cheap too, thanks to chickens like yourself probably. Grilled it in the oven with pepper, salt, then I ate it with some bread. It's delicious. I burnt the skin of my mouth eating it though.

My nigga.
I don't think that's bonermarrow on that slice of bread though.

Well..

Attached: front_fr.3.full.jpg (1224x1632, 309K)

Sort-of-ish. My family house is on a mountain side and over looks the Hudson River. Very nice scenery. Wouldn't say we're "rich". Upper middle class at most.

I've just been lucky and had parents who are into health and fitness, so I've always avoided bad foods.

Overrated? Or underrated?
Its nice smelling fat that doesnt have any real taste

>aller chez picard
For what purpose
Just buy fresh ones you pansy.

Attached: oven's stamp of disaproval.jpg (330x273, 44K)

I've eaten goat's testicles, but i won't eat my own seed. That's disgusting.

>implying
It doesn't taste like anything actually. It's just salty.

>bonermarrow
I swear I didn't do it on purpose.

I love bone marrow, its not a texture thing
its just the risk of prions in brain that turn me off
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion

>I don't think that's bonermarrow on that slice of bread though.
its still edible though ;)
fat is flavor my dude

My bad, I thought there were prions in bone marrow too, that's why I brought it up. Turns out there isn't.

just brain/brainstem has prions, wouldn't eat human at all because of risk of prions (not because of the taboo)

*Best innard dish

Does bird have a dick?

I am decently sure heart, liver and probably also lung count as intestines in the classification of meats.
Or atleast they count as the translation of it in my language

How about Poie gras? Fattened Goose liver.

exhentai.org/g/1380013/f36df7314e/

I could have lived my whole life without seeing this and been just fine.

Pure edible fat doesnt really have any taste. Fats have aroma which is very nice.
Ofc bone marrow isnt pure strained fat, but it really isnt tasty on its own.

Attached: 1540324063494.jpg (346x500, 29K)

Liver is the only organ I will eat

>be white boi
>tries to rile up SEA by posting pic on China

I want to break her in half...

Attached: yurucamp soup pasta.webm (640x480, 1.71M)

Your gaijin stomach is too weak compared to the nips' ones that has been churned over 1000 times.

Still sounds pretty gross.

Even Americans eat bull nuts

Why doesn't she just use short pasta?

WOAH LADDY!!!!!

found the italian

Yes.
Also the whitish smooth pill-shaped things are chicken testicles. They're actually quite good in soup. I recommend trying it if you're not grossed out, and if you can find it.

Attached: cfa374d2d87b8d5ae28a45e673c0ec64.jpg (450x600, 65K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8eskh9wQyQs

sorry, im lazy

Attached: aldini.jpg (500x563, 183K)

Love pesto.

What a fag, I bet you don't have ever eaten brains, eyes, or tongue.

Eww

Tongue is easier than intestine and liver.

And it's not just Asian, Italian, Spanish, Scott eat offal all the time.

My brother, Once I tried this Mexican plate called "espinazo", Is like a spicy bone marrow soup with meat, good.

The shit you eat in a a city is probably loaded with enough chems to kill a elephant, stop being prissy

Upstate New York is not really close to the city. Also see

Has anyone actually gone camping since watching the show? I want to try but being american I'm afraid of being mugged at night and I don't have any friends that would want to camp.

Just bring a gun.

No, but I went to see Mt Fuji at Kawaguchiko and ate houtou. I'm not a huge fan of vegetables but houtou is pretty damn delicious, is very fulfilling and really warms your body. Truly a fitting meal for one of the colder prefectures in Japan.

Attached: 20190308_112619.jpg (4032x3024, 3.85M)

Did you know German eats EVERY PART of the pig?
That's right, your beloved Western country also eats shit as Asians do.

New York City is at the southern tip of the state where the Hudson river flows into the sea, so everything else is considered "upstate".
Upstate is mostly forests and farmland. It's home to several working-class cities that get really cold in the winter. Albany is trash.

>not a big fan of vegetables
what are you, 5 years old?

We're all little girls here, yes. Are you saying you're not?

die ESL monkey

There is a manga mainly revolves around cooking offal yakiniku.

Attached: 51PKHFUhOoL.jpg (375x500, 59K)

Hot

this show is making me considering buying a scooter

Attached: 2435.jpg (350x350, 20K)

>Do people in Japan really normally eat all the intestines of animals like this?
In the 1990's, Consumer Reports had an article which mentioned something about McDonald's usage of beef meat. All beef means cow lips, eyeballs, offal bits, and the meat around the anus of the cow.

>Offal
It depends on how it is prepared.

>Mechanically-separated meat
You've seen this on many "meat products" whether it is cold cuts, sausages, luncheon loafs, etc. It's basically a high-pressure water jet that blasts all the bits of meat and tendons off the bones. The bits of flotsam float down on the spray room floor and into the drain where they are recovered for use.

Attached: Texas meat factory drainpipe runoff.jpg (640x360, 93K)

>If these gross you out then never eat actual Chinese cuisine.

Attached: China_cat_meat_cage.jpg (780x520, 57K)

>tongue
Why would you eat a tongue willingly

cow tongue is one the most delicious pieces of land meat you can eat.

Don't be stupid.
Eat your borscht.

Attached: borscht.png (1152x1193, 1.22M)

Why would you eat cat meat? Supposedly it's shit.
Why would you farm cats? They're everywhere in residential areas.

What does borscht have to do with anything?

Imagine not enjoying liver spreads or blood sausage.
Must suck being a tasteless pleb.

Attached: deli-liverwurst-12-oz.jpg (600x600, 107K)

>liverwurst
I like this, but it's nothing like hardcore offal like tripe.

>this kills the co/ck/

Because it's fucking delicious.

Offal power tier list incoming

I'll eat any offal meat except tripe and brain. Tripe just feels like eating a piece of velcro to me.

Yes.
They dont follow Torah´s guidelines about "eat intestine is bad"

Jews can eat offal.