Infinite Stratos

I am very late with this, but what am I in for?

Attached: is.jpg (429x550, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jCt31W7yUUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A second season that killed the entire franchise.

Just watch or read hxh, it's similar to this show but the MC isn't a pussy.

Disappointment, no matter what you get to like about the show.

Get a bottle of bottom shelf vodka and watch it with the dub. Take a swig every time you laugh at the accents.

Strong season 1. Disappointing season 2.

I watched the first season and thought this was some pretty generic haremshit. Did Houki win? She had to have won.

Houki such an underrated waifu tsundere hated by a bunch of miserable, resentful Char-fags
Laura A FUCKING SHIT

She was appointed to win. And that killed the franchise. I also liked Houki but the author tried to put her at the front in the worst way possible.

This.

It was so forced you couldn't enjoy it you enjoy the usual harem show antics.

Which is a real pity since the girls themselves are the sole saving grace of the show. Lord knows we didn't watch it for the setting, main character, or totally non-existant plot.

>what am I in for?
One of the most dense MC's you'll ever see and the author shoving Houki as much as possible since he was pissed that a lot of people didn't like her, better follow this user's advice and just watch or read HxH since it's the better version of IS with a better MC and better girls too.

A show that could've been good

Does HxH have the sweet BattleTech memes that made this show tolerable?

Attached: IS FedCom.jpg (6070x9075, 3.87M)

I'm sad because the premise at least seemed interesting and world building was steady early on but it died out quickly in later arcs.

>but what am I in for?
why are you even asking, I've never seen this shit but just looking at the picture can tell you what's it's about

You're in for realizing what a lovely country France is.

That explains the pure boiling hate for her. I always thought she was fine and thought it was weird how much everyone hated her.

Doubtful.
But which girl is ComStar?

How bad it was? I know about the author crashing the franchise after he whined about his editors not letting the tsundere win, but overall, while Houki did hog a lot of the attention, it was no worse than the shit other people do, like Chitoge or Louise. How worse did it get after S2?

I don't think anyone gave enough of a shit to read more of the LNs after season 2.

Entry level harem but S2 is pretty boring. If you're new to harems then IS S1 is a good starter before you watch others.

One of the first battle harems.

Shortly after the end of the anime, differences between the author and Media Factory, the publisher of the novels did lead to a break-up and move to a new publisher, Overlap, with a new illustrator, since the old one was bound to MF (pic related, the new Houki). Media Factory was shortly after purchased by Kadokawa.

It was an interesting episode of struggle between authors and publishers (Was he too lazy? Was MF going under?) some 8 years ago.

Fuck.

Attached: 1465219417.jpg (1079x1478, 123K)

typical battle harem cliches

how?

not much to set it apart from other series in it's genre in premise, concept, and execution

Remember how it's supposed to be a world where essentially the matriarchy is in charge and men can randomly be ordered to do minor chores?

'cause that went out the window fast.

Like Shield hero a lot of incels started shit with it because only women were able to be pilots (except the Gary Stu MC of course). Wished it actually confirmed their fears and been a feminazi setting then it would've at least had some uniqueness compared to the other isekai mob otome anime when?

Did they really give them accents in the dub? How do the Japanese speak in it?

By herself, Houki's just another attractive and well-meaning bipolar tsundere (ie she's either physically abusing the MC for his own stupidity or is giddy with joy at the thought of spending time alone with him).

By itself, thats nothing that hasn't been seen before. Maybe slightly annoying, but still okay.

The problem was that the author didn't provide an initial story arc for her. She's formally introduced in a lunch break on the first day of class. Right after they get back to the classroom after the break though, the story moves immediately to the second female protagonist's arc.

After that? Three new girls are introduced in quick succession (some with better personalities), one of which replaces Houki as the MC's roommate and gets along with him way better. They're on very friendly terms, they share a secret, have a non-sexual intimate moment or two, and their teamwork is excellent teamwork (to the point of being emphasized by the school staff).

Houki doesn't get any character development until the third volume, which consists of her being given the latest model of mecha that was designed to be super compatible with the MC's. It was less "these two get along pretty well, they should be a couple" and more "you two are destined to be/work together because plot."

Could this have been fixed? Maybe flesh out the characters and make them close to each other through interactions and teamwork? Sure. Was it?

Nope. Here are two *newer* female characters. (And one of them is an aggressive sempai! Who is hot! And takes over as the new roommate! And teases the MC with abandon!). Plus, here's the plot out of nowhere, which won't continue for awhile. Also, here's more reasons why Houki should be lead girl. Despite her not doing much personally to "deserve" it.

The setting and characters had a lot of potential, but the whole thing was bungled up by poor execution by the author. The tragedy is that girls had to suffer for it, so to speak.

How dare you to compare Houki and Chitoge with that fucking shit of louise

Can anyone tell at which points in the volumes does the author start to do character assassinations? I kinda want to see how they started making the other girls worse to make Houki look better.

This. S1 was alright, maybe even fun. But it was really nothing more than an introductory chapter that sadly never got expanded upon before S2 hit. Which would've been fine if S2 properly continued the story from S1, but the author chose to jump ship and abandon any developments from S1.

And we'll never have any more IS doujins because of it.

Attached: fml.gif (500x358, 539K)

>the latest model of mecha that was designed to be super compatible with the MC's
What, you mean the MC mech that has no long range capabilities, no special defensive or maneuverability systems, and no sidearms? The one whose only weapon is a beam sword that's tied into the power core so it can't even be used without draining its own batteries dry?

How exactly do you make something that's "compatible" with that? They straight up tell him his only option is to Leeroy Jenkins his enemies.

Haven't actually watched/read after hearing about the snafu, but...

Perhaps a shield or overwatch? He's the simplest pilot to support: he needs to get in range and shank a bitch. Anything you can do to move blue dot on radar closer to red dot intact.

what happened to the series actually
the last thing I remember from people talking about the LN was LoliChifuyu trying to kill MaleChifuyu

nobody knows because it turned to shit

I'd actually say its the one that popularized the genre at first too.

IS was certainly not the first, but it did draw people into the sub genre.

If IS provided the same feeling it did on it's cold open and the writer didn't go insane from getting metacucked, we'd be on season 5 now.

Fanservice. Harem antics and fanservice.
If you know what you're in for, you'll have a good time. Don't expect much in terms of the plot making sense or the MC not being stupid; you're here for the girls. And Houki is the best girl.

Stupid fun show that completely ruins itself later due to retarded author.

Shame we will probably never get the spin-off animated.

Attached: 1513785799365.png (457x640, 511K)

It's not just that, he also started shitting on everyone else turning them into annoying retarded sluts so Houki looks better.

This was the real death knell.

Houki was OK; but instead of working to make Houki better (impossible from the writer's perspective), he started trying to sabotage the girls...

You know, the fucking appeal.

Seriously why did the author even like Houki? I can’t remember a single good thing about her

Attached: char.jpg (640x360, 156K)

Because he was a yamato nadeshiko autist and got annoyed when gaijin sluts completely stole the spotlight.

>B-but muh GRORIOUSU NIHON
nips btfo once again

Attached: 1436749397185.jpg (400x459, 42K)

Like normal Japanese actors.

>gaijins are miles better than yamato nadeshiko
>why the fuck does no one like her
this is like Shomin Sample all over again, author favourite doesn't win, so he crashes everything

Girl on top left (Cecilia) being the best girl despite being a bitch.

Anyone?

Attached: 1444253675653.jpg (374x347, 39K)

She overflows with the Japanese martial spirit while remaining a delicate maiden!
Also the flower thing the other user said

Her mech had the special ability to refill MC's mech batteries

Based author. Ichika and Houki are going to save the Japanese birthrate without relying on immigration.

not if no one wants to read his books anymore

Oh, so he can continue to bumrush everyone like a jackass?

Here's an idea, how about instead of trying to find ways to work around his low combat capabilities, they just stop forcing him to pilot a failed prototype unit?

>I kinda want to see how they started making the other girls worse to make Houki look better.
simple

Attached: 1501286765873.png (561x525, 29K)

Shit edit; that only applies to Sawashiro.

Attached: 1551470349463.png (365x473, 187K)

I meant at what point in the novels did the other girls start to get character assassinated.

>One of the most dense MC's

That, kind sir, is an understatement.
The guy is either an asexual, gay, or mentally ill.
If there is anyone even remotely close to his level, I'm yet to encounter such an abomination.

Listen to the wisdom of legendary swordmaster Miyamoto Musashi, and you will understand why Ichika follows the path of devoting all of his energy to a single blade.
>Warriors, both commanders and troopers, carry two swords at their belt. In olden times
these were called the long sword and the sword; nowadays they are known as the sword
and the companion sword. Let it suffice to say that in our land, whatever the reason, a
warrior carries two swords at his belt. It is the Way of the warrior.
>Students of the Ichi school Way of strategy should train from the start with the
sword and long sword in either hand. This is the truth: when you sacrifice your life, you
must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon
yet undrawn.
Oops

The dude from Gal Gohan is fairly dense but he has an excuse because his density results from his desire to act like a responsible adult and not think with his dick when it could get him into hot water

Attached: 5q03lzkbbyc01.png (1382x1382, 936K)

>I can’t remember a single good thing about her
Retarded Fag, Houki had her best and cute moments

>hagfags don't even have enough dedication to make their own chart
How sad.

it's a harem series just make it a harem, why the fuck was this so difficult to do
also why did he write in a bunch of gaijins lusting after nip dick if he had issues with it

/m/fag here. Is IS worth watching for the exosuits?

Royal jelly, followed by disappointment.

The worst heroine in the last 10 years.

>the author shoving Houki as much as possible since he was pissed that a lot of people didn't like her
Wasn't this also what happened with Shomin Sample, with the author deciding to make the least-popular heroine after his waifu the winner?

Becoming a Germanfag

Things like turning Charlotte into a delusional stalker or Rin just not appearing.

But wasn't the swordgirl in Shomin Sample the most popular?

>After that? Three new girls are introduced in quick succession (some with better personalities), one of which replaces Houki as the MC's roommate and gets along with him way better. They're on very friendly terms, they share a secret, have a non-sexual intimate moment or two, and their teamwork is excellent teamwork (to the point of being emphasized by the school staff).
>Houki doesn't get any character development until the third volume, which consists of her being given the latest model of mecha that was designed to be super compatible with the MC's. It was less "these two get along pretty well, they should be a couple" and more "you two are destined to be/work together because plot."
Kind of. I admit it, for the time the battle scenes do look crisp. As for the mecha designs, the Okiura/anime models are just fine, but the CHOCO redesigns are not for everyone.

>Rin just not appearing
Poor Rinfags

If you are looking for a mecha harem in the same style, better go for Bahamut.
Everything is better, and the novel's translation has fully caught up with the ending coming soon.
Harem ending almost confirmed too

Attached: undefeated-bahamut-chronicles.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

Lisha worth more than a harem full of sluts and an autistic cow

This: And its particularly cheap because the person responsible for all of this crazy mech technology to begin with is... Houki's batshit crazy, mad scientist accountable to no one older sister.

Who only cares about three people: Houki, MC, and MC's (way more badass and attractive) older sister.

>Krulcifer and Celestia
>sluts

Sir, are your perhaps looking to start a fight?

Krul is a fucking skinny slut and celeshitia such an irrelevant blonde to the story

Should have more focused on mecha. Their attempt to create serious conspiracy story was beyond pathetic.

I enjoyed the show but it would be 10 times better if the main character was less of a dense loser and more like somebody like pic related. a decent harem protagonist

Attached: chad.jpg (225x350, 25K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1537442768118.jpg (520x520, 57K)

>there will never be a lady v butlers season 2

life is cruel

Absolutely nothing of value.

charls is best girl no debate

It feels like they tried different stuff to see what would stick at times- mech, harem, Phantom Task conspiracy stuff, backstory on the girls, then season 2 just went away from everything completely. PT was like Team Rocket by the end of it.

Based. Charlotte was always best girl. This was only solidified during that fantasy episode where they had to steal Ichikas crown. Char was the only one to defend him and ask him nicely for the crown.
Laura a close second.

Fuck you with that waifu-bait of Charlotte and that cunt of laura

Laura+Char will always be the patrician's choice
DEFEND EVROPA

>rinfugees

Is there more battle harem that does not suck? I really liked DAL's first season, found IS mediocre but watchable, I wanted to try more of the genre but they seem very generic and boring (tried World Breaker too and got bored).

Is this at least watchable? I might try it if it's not too over the top.

Rokujouma

It looks comfy, I'll give it a try.

She beats MC's cick

It is, all the girls are great and the MC is good, try to read the LN too, the anime didn't cover that much.

*cock

Houki is the best girl?

One of the worst anime of all time and possibly its even worse sequel.

Stay mad houkifag.
Char is best girl(male)

LAURA BEST GIRL

Shut up homo

Houki!

TARGET VERIFIED
COMMENCING HOSTILITIES
youtube.com/watch?v=jCt31W7yUUk

this

S1 gud
S2 bad

So which volumes did these start?

Attached: [GanbaRaw] Seitokai Yakuindomo 2 - 18 (OVA 5) [DVD 360p].mkv_snapshot_03.31_[2016.04.17_21.15.44].jp (640x360, 32K)

Why was season 2 bad?

Tatenashi > Houki > Rin > Kanzashi > Maya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charlotte > Cecilia > shitfuyu > laura

I liked the light nipple service in this show

Not best girl but she is best waifu Tatenashi is our best girl
Stay mad Char-fag, Houki won and Tatenashi is best girl

Just watch Masou Gakuen HxH as plenty already told you.

Laura an overrated shit

Attached: 1432148996841.png (1108x1000, 1.86M)

When is the last volume coming out again?

Skipped a bunch of novel content so they could introduce Senpai character’s little sister as another harem member, plus they changed up some details in the final fight so everyone minus Ichika and Houki jobs horribly despite the novels actually giving some focus to characters like Cecelia who trains herself to beam bend a la Jesus Yamato and yeah she’s one of the first to job hard in the anime.

>Everyone is a Houki copy when Kanzaki came out long before her

what

Sad but true.

There's a reason the MC is called "Neutron Star" Ichika

Cute lolis

Attached: Houki chart.jpg (5000x8640, 3.42M)

Too many of these make no sense whatsoever like Popura. This is trying too hard.

The show that killed the haremshit and battle school genres in one go.

>Bahamut
>not Hundred

You are getting to a series where his sister is the best girl, and his little sister is fucking hot. She is basically the big sister, but with smaller boobs.

Attached: 1526571688971.jpg (5000x5000, 2.88M)

Do these girls have similar personality too or is it just because of same hairstyle?