Why can't the Japs into irony and sarcasm?

Next to dark humor, it's the best form of comedy.

Attached: 1519909193022.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vsmysFoMbzw
youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M
youtube.com/watch?v=UyZzXbc0eSk&t=0m37s
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1UdYOrR3E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sarcasm_is_really_helpful
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: sarcasm.webm (640x480, 2.92M)

Because anime is a medium for brainlets and ins't good for much except for cute girls.

Attached: GuP_Erika_consider_the_following.jpg (1200x406, 74K)

only jews and women like sarcasm

passive aggressive cunts

Because you're a faggot.

Next to dark humor, it's the best form of comedy.

Attached: 120987654.png (398x531, 207K)

>any of that shit
>funnier than Nichijou

I'm sure that they can't, you just won't see it on anime because its aimed at braindead retards

If they're so great then why aren't they still airing? checkmate atheists.

The greatest comedy shows of all time, Seinfeld and Always Sunny are iconic and sarcastic faggot

seinfield is satire

See

Only English speakers get sarcasm. Since this board is filled to the brim with ESL's from South America and South East Asia there is always a push back.

I know a lot of very sarcastic Chinese people. First-gen/fobs too, not talking Americanized.

Sarcasm is the abscence of humour

I'm OP and I'm from SEA you faggot
The english speaking one

Attached: images (12).jpg (738x415, 38K)

Is Sunny sarcastic? I always thought it was just an SoL comedy about dysfunctional fuckwits. Basically Milky Holmes.

The damedame of the west.

because the last they did it SZS sold like shit

The Japanese are good at passive-aggression. That should be good enough.

Yes it is.
And very ironic.
The fucking intro is irony.

I thought the manga was popular?

Sarcasm isn't funny.

Yes it is.
Just like your shit taste

both are jewish and feminine as fuck

what's sarcasm and irony supposed to be anyway? it just sound like bullshit to shit on comedy and sound intellectual.dd

>he hasn't watched Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Attached: 1407904263857.jpg (375x525, 25K)

Sarcasm is acting like a condescending prick while hiding behind plausible deniability. It's usually only funny when the person being sarcastic gets it thrown back in their face later. Irony is when it gets thrown back in their face later. Japanese comedy still incorporates a lot of irony, but sarcasm is rare. Probably because it's generally rude. I've still seen it before, so the people who act like Japan has no concept of sarcasm are full of shit.

jesus

I don't know how people can enjoy sarcasm. To me it comes off as frustrated someone who is afraid of being confrontational and wants to feel smarter than the one they are criticizing.

Just be honest and say what you think for real. And then people complain that the Japanese are not confrontational, when in the west we are obsessed with quips and sarcasm everywhere, because we are afraid of both being serious and not getting along.

>irony and sarcasm
That shit can fuck off. That's partially why the West sucks so much right now. Everything is under 50+ layers of fucking cynicism and irony. Shows have no fucking charm anymore because they aren't genuine. Everyone is a fucking sarcastic, ironic asshole or smartass. A great thing about most anime is that no matter how good, bad, smart, or dumb things are, it's GENUINE. Fuck trying to validate the "intellect" of women and fedora-tippers.
Mr. Trips is spot on. Absolutely Checkpilled.

>Sarcasm
>Funny
Sarcasm is mostly an euphemism for being rude without trying to be too straightforward with the rudeness. It's the go to figure of speech for negative people who are afraid to be too assertive.
Cultures that prone assertivity or discourage agressivity, passive or not, simply don't like promoting it.

What a wapanese thing to say. Sasuga Yea Forums

what layer is this?

lol we joke about it but notice how many times we come across the word "unironically" each day. And even then, they're still being ironic. It's that fucking bad.

sarcasm? is that a new dark magician?

what does ironic even mean nowadays?

>why do different cultures have different concepts of humor

Attached: 1524606258492.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

sarcasm is traditionally seen as something stupid people can't understand and gooks strictly pander to the lowest common denominator in their media because of the collectivist nature of their society
for example i am willing to chop off my dick if any of these 'sarcasm is bad' posters took an IQ test and got over 90, hold me to it

Give me a test link

sarcasm literally doesn't exist in japan

Attached: 1509940692733.jpg (250x195, 6K)

Sarcasm and irony themselves aren't funny
You need also a good joke

Ironically it means unironic

hahahahahahahaha

everyone on this side of the world fell for the sarcasm and irony = high iq meme

>Only English speakers get sarcasm
Couln't be more right user, smart as always.

I think a cute girl laughing at chinchin over and over is actually really fucking cute and funny.

Attached: 1525302550523.webm (1554x874, 2.91M)

They actually can but it's a bit of a different sense of sarcasm and doesn't translate properly. You see some obvious cases like people being addressed far more formally than the situation calls for as a sarcastic form of disrespect or as a joke but it's actually fairly common in comedy shows and just gets ignored in translation.

>Japan Defense Force itt
Sasuga

This. It's all about shock value and cheap thrills. Name one manga or anime that has real literary value.

Omg user! you're so right!

Sarcasm is rude, and the Japanese are always polite.

Attached: shiba.jpg (525x525, 41K)

i would but i can't find any

But OP, Johnny is best JoJo precisely because he's a sarcastic asshole

This.
It's also why Hinamatsuri is the AOTY last year

But satire is great.

Only retards think nips don't have sarcasm and irony based comedy.

true, the first time I caught myself typing "this but unironically" ironically I just stopped and stared at my screen for like 5 minutes

We have developed ways to deploy the concept of sincerity, ironically.

They can do it but it's definitely not widespread.
That's a strong contrast with western humor which uses sarcasm as one of its main pillars.

West humor >> East humor

That's also why it wasn't very popular in Japan for some reason. In my opinion it was comedy gold, but apparently Japan didn't think so

Season 2 never.

Is Grand Blue popular in Japan?

My IQ is in the 140s and I don't find sarcasm funny at all.

Literally the only forms of comedy Japs seem to know are exaggeration and slapstick.

>DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO THE LITTLE ANIME GIRL SHRIEKED AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAH WHAT HIGH CLASS HUMOUR, THE WEST DOESN'T KNOW WHAT ITS MISSING

comedy is the subversion of expectation
all sarcasm is innately comedic
if you don't find sarcasm funny then you don't find comedy funny
you are autistic

I bet you don't get Gintama.

Fuck off, Sheldon.

Animated is also arguably the best medium for those two forms of comedy.

I hate Kevin Hart humor too.

I do. I never said it wasn't funny.
The west is still better.

>it's the best form of comedy

oi it's 3 o' bong

>AHAHAHAHA THE TALL SILLY GOYIM KRAMER SHRIEKED AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS AHAHAHAHAHA WHAT HIGH CLASS HUMOR, THE EAST DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IT'S MISSING

is that her face when the test is positive?

I have turned myself into a pickle i'm pickle fujiwara-sana

Japs can't into sarcasm. Or irony.
They can't even make fun of the emperor and its illegal do satire there for fucks sakes.

They can't even make jokes about drug use. I remember in Asobi they put in a druggie joke and the japs didn't like it

Attached: 1550454764533.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Sarcasm is mean spirited and unChristian.

Yea Forumsnon, are you being sarcastic?

He's right, regardless of sincerity. Look at Rick and Morty.

very gaijin post

They can't make jokes about minors drinking either, also Asobi.

>the dialogue from the 4kids version is surely the original!
Imagine being this retarded.

Can't into sarcasm?
How cute.

Also by the way. How big is Chika?

>Why can't the Japs into〜〜〜

everytime
why are gaijins so fucking stupid?

the Japanese language doesnt lend itself well to sarcasm and irony. it's pretty retarded

>saying things you don't mean in a condescending tone is considered peak western humor
Cool.

I actually appreciate that they aren't into it. Some sarcasm and irony is fine but western humor is SO dependant on it, that it gets old.

Extra x-tra large!

Attached: ThirstyMajorInsect-small.gif (600x600, 766K)

>having the quirky character do something out of the norm while the straight man explains the joke out loud is considered peak japanese humor
Cool.

Nips hate sarcasm, I've heard it's super rude or something due to you obfuscating insults or critisicsm without being clear. Which is ironic considering how vague their language is at times.

Yeah, it's peak Bong humor too. Except their version is drier.

>The "straight man" is a fucking idiot too and it's super serious about it
>The joke is that everyone is stupid and it's a show for the audience
I actually love this

the only example I've watched contradicting this is Saiki K., legit made me laugh out loud

also, gintama is unfunny and overrated

Attached: 324860c8de09a30636bd40dfdb71fe3c303d0de6.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

>all sarcasm is innately comedic
Never said the contrary.
> if you don't find sarcasm funny then you don't find comedy funny
Sarcasm is comedy but not all comedy is sarcasm.
>you are autistic
My supposed autism doesn't change the fact that you were willing to chop your dick off on the retarded assumption that disliking sarcasm equals having an IQ less or equal than 90.

Serious answer: I've read that their language doesn't lend well to sarcasm.

This guy gets it, sarcasm is being used by pussies nowadays to say fuck you, effeminate and insecure men really love to latch onto it. These days no one manages to pull off genuine sarcasm as genuine sarcasm isn't supposed to be noticed on the surface, people are too pre-occupied to make sure their point or dumb quip got across.

They can point out stupid shit but they can't really make a snide remark about it.

How could a language possibly no lend itself to saying things you don't mean?

Tatemae is the basis of japanese society, and sarcasm comes across as just another form of tatemae, and therefor generally isn't considered funny. It just comes across as some cunt putting up a mask.

>he's never watched gintama

Attached: 1548780131128.jpg (720x338, 77K)

Bongs will defend this

Attached: unnamed.png (1024x1169, 127K)

Forms of comedy make you think about CP huh

nice to brag about how their police force doesn't investigate rape allegations lmao

Do men get raped by women in Japan? Sounds impossible.

A sitcom laugh track feels more like a gentle suggestion when compared with the way in which the Japanese usually handle their 'comedy' in a lot of their media:

>suddently super deformed characters
>simple background, usually a 'quirky' wallpaper pattern like strawberries or some shit
>loud, obnoxious cartoon sound effects
>obnoxious goofy/'comical'-sounding music
>characters gurn, squeal and overreact in a manner that no one though to be humanly possible until now
>the actual 'joke' being the overreaction itself, the sheer fact that the scene is presented in such a goofy and over-the-top manner (BRIGHT COLOURS LOUD NOISES GOOFY WACKY WAFFLE JINGLE KEYS LAUGH LIKE THE PAVLOVIAN BABY THAT YOU ARE), or simply pointing out a faux pas/malaproprism/incongruity for the purposes of social correction, because even the simplest joke or goof should never be left to be judged on its own merits.

And it's presented and told in the exact same way, every single goddamned time.

It's like how an android would tell a joke. Since they are only capable of understanding the concept of humor on such a surface, intellectual level, they instead try to overcompensate for their lack of skill and experience by simply employing as many of the superficial 'trappings' of comedy as they can in order to increase their chances of generating a single laugh.

"Funny noises? Check. Funny faces? Check. Funny sounds? Check. Exaggeration? Check. Explaining the joke? Check. By my calculations, you should be rolling around on the floor by now."

It's so insultingly contrived and artificial. You may as well simply pause the entire work, look directly at the audience and say "Here is joke. Now is the designated time in which you are permitted to laugh. Please do so in an orderly and appropriate manner. After the allotted time has ceased, you may quietly return to your previous state of unamusement. Thank you."

>TL;DR Japanese can't into comedy

Attached: haha_so_funny.png (597x401, 430K)

>Americans think being sarcastic is some high brow humor only they're intelligent enough to understand

That's also how actual live action Japanese sitcoms work, minus the chibi.

most "irony" and "sarcasm" are successful because it's cheap comedy aimed at the masses, intended to make the audience feel smart by ridiculing someone dumber than themselves and being "witty" while at it. most successful american comedy is like that nowadays

mad?

I wish there was irony and sarcasm in black and weed comedies. There are none in those.

Because irony and sarcasm is low level humor for brainlets who are mentally stuck in their middleschool years. The west is oversaturated with that garbage and it lowers the value of everything it touches

There is no "western" humour, just comparing british to american should show you the obvious differences.

Based and ironypilled.

This but unironically, I loved the screeching in Asobi Asobase.

this but unironically

>anime is genuine
you almost got me, user

Attached: 640.png (391x391, 188K)

I always find people making fun of the boke/tsukkomi routine weird. Is it really not used in America? Because, while not 100% the same as the Japanese one, that form of comedy exists in the west.

The nips are the best at absurdist humor even though that niche can inherently be hit and miss
The manzai stuff sucks

>Can't write comedy?
>No problem just have the other character take on a sarcastic tone like some kind of effeminate catty faggot.

I prefer japanese humor to the shit we get in western vidya and novels

Better than burgers who similarly can't into irony and sarcasm but still make hamfisted attempts at it.

Are you for real? a laugh track is literally an indicator that what you just saw was funny. Remove it and tell me if you would laugh at the same scene youtube.com/watch?v=vsmysFoMbzw

The manga of the very same reaction image you posted has sarcasm in it
You retarded animefag

Attached: y16.png (841x1200, 249K)

high IQ?

Attached: IQ.png (1317x1652, 425K)

>I prefer japanese humor to the shit we get in western vidya and novels
American """culture""" is not the whole west.

Sacracsm sucks. OP is a _-_

That’s not sarcasm

It's the cornerstone of the modern American sitcom. Sort of normal main character is surrounded by weirdo friends and has to deal with them.

Then where are the people complaining about it from, spics?

Think of it like this.
If boke/tsukkomi was a strictly Japanese thing, why do almost all screencaps include responses?

Because responses are the laughing track of the chan, letting people know that it's socially acceptable to make fun of that guy.

They're literal autists who can only generalize things in retarded ways. Like the same type of retard who thinks JRPG means turn based combat or the native isekai retard

But the tsukkomi usually points out the obvious in an overreacting manner. Most replies here are playing along or laughing reaction images.

The dumbasses who complain about don't realize their idiotic sarcasm is the same thing only more childish
>>having the quirky character do something out of the norm while the straight man agrees sarcastically is considered peak western humor

That's irony, not sarcasm

define literary value, every time that meme is brought up, meming user points out all of it and then goes "but that doesnt count, show me the thing, why aren't showing me the thing"
Anyway most animu works are highly derivative and lack any ingenuity and capture us morons with early hook of japs fuckery being basically fantasy for us. And im still looking for improvements on old premises.

Irony is just for people who want to express their emotions but are ashamed of it so they have to do it backwards. Sarcasm actively shames the concepts of both emotion and expression as a form of catharsis. Both of them make a mockery of human relationships and coexistence in general.

They're not "humor" they're autistic cries for someone to sanction your suicidal malaise.

kill all yanks

America IS the west
Eurocucks desperately guzzle our entertainment and popular culture like a man dying of thirst.

Don't know how widespread in asia it is, but I know that Vietnam has almost no sense of sarcasm in daily conversation/banter. People take everything very literally.

The lowest common denominator does. Sometimes.

The western version of it doesn't usually have the tsukkomi explaining the joke as a punchline.

There's a show called last man standing that almost exclusively uses nonstop sarcasm and irony as a source of humor. It's actually disturbing how vicious and hateful everyone is.

The tsukkomi doesn't explain the joke, he IS the joke.

Yes, but it's also worst type of comedy in anime. And that's because anime is shit as medium for manga. You put that small humouristic side panel as full screen fewe min exposition of obnoxious sound effects and annoyance and it ruins not only joke but the whole scene if not episode. Things like rosario vampire and one piece are big victims that come to mind.
I think it's also why people loved konosuba's "gag" with kazuma answering every time someone called his name even tho it wasn't funny in any way, because it was subtle and in tone of the show. Something you won't get from nips or muricans comedy.

I thought it was the other way around with Holmes & Watson.

The spiccest comedy to ever exist (El Chavo) is just a big boke-tsukkomi show

japs unironically think that puns are the peak of humor

/thread

Attached: meirl3.jpg (579x960, 87K)

I think the issue comes from people with egos who can't take any form of criticism. If you try using reason, they get increasingly agitated throughout. It's better to make a sarcastic remark and then leave them to their own devices. Human relationships may suffer, but it's the peak form of coexistence.

>autists dislike sarcasm because they can't tell when someone is using it
What a surprise.

humour? Saw any hollywood movie in alst decade? Any of their characters? Maybe alita lately? Being a rude retard is literally peak characterisation on that forsaken coast and everythign that comes from there suffers due to it.
I'd rather have 10 000 more quirky guy and passive guy playing off eachother in straightman routine.

I disagree. He is the punchline, and a punchline alone isn't a joke.

It is pretty good word play though

Yeah bro why can't these dumb ass japs make awesome ironic shows like big bang theory??
Lmao Sheldon is my favorite xDDD
BAZINGA XDDDD

youtube.com/watch?v=sShMA85pv8M

Observe and learn

>If you try using reason, they get increasingly agitated throughout. It's better to make a sarcastic remark and then leave them to their own devices.
why spread the hate around like that? why do you need to say anything to them when you know they won't listen? you just add more frustration and inspire other acts of maliciousness while you turn your back and wait to get stabbed.

the best jokes are the ones where nobody gets hurt.

>the best jokes are the ones where nobody gets hurt.

Tell me one joke where no one gets hurt, is made light of or has no mean spirit at all.

That's irony you idiot. Hayasaka is pretty sarcastic though.

Attached: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai_ Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol.8 Ch.71 - Kaguya Wants to Produce - (875x1250, 228K)

Did you guys forget about Poptepic? That show was ironic and guess what? It was unfunny shit. Ironic humor is for teens and people with low iq.

Pop Team Ebin, Lucky Star, Gintama, Keroro Gunsou, etc, is exactly the same kind of epic referential humour as TBBT and weebs eat that shit up.

Isn't sarcasm just "pretending to be retarded" level of humor?
>I want to call you stupid, but I'll say you're smart instead.

What is the difference between a duck?

Do you realize you just used sarcasm?

>Shitting on Keroro

Attached: 1384651556354.png (300x309, 19K)

A duck and what? That's not even a sentence.

that one abbot and costello bit is pretty good

Is the joke in that page that she is a moe, grade schooler lookalike with big boobs and big eyes? Is she questioning her own existence?

If you're talking about Who's on first a lot of the joke does rely on the increasing exasperation of Costello.

Man can you imagine what kind of person doesn't laugh at Nichijou at all. Like what would that person be like.

Bazinga

>they acknowledged this thing I know! xD
It's just that with a mecha flavor.

Dude sarcasm and irony are part of the game of human relationships. You can use irony with friends just fine and not be a cunt for it. It all depends on how high your ironic powerlevel is.
Of course low powerlevel players people will only use it to hurt people and express their aggressivity but I think it's wrong to judge irony as a whole on this particular use.
Pic related, good user of irony. Only use it to express his opinion in a way that does not to hurt his friend, who's kind of an idiot and doesn't notice.

Attached: well written character writing.jpg (223x189, 17K)

A healthy, well-adjusted person

What a dreadful existence

The best sarcasm is truthful sarcasm.

>the best jokes are the ones where nobody gets hurt
All joke are about putting down someone or something in some way, shape, or form.
When nobody gets hurt it's either because the object of the mockery is not part of the audience or because you haven't realized the joke was talking about you.

Attached: look at this faggot holy shit.jpg (190x207, 19K)

Relationships are not a game user. They are your only salvation in an ocean of chaos. I would never game anyone I cared about and would avoid it with others just on principle to avoid accidents.

Someone's hankering for a slapping

Attached: listenhereyou.jpg (468x540, 20K)

What did Mel Brooks say? Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall down a sewer and die.

It hurts me physically in my chest to witness someone else suffering.

fitter, happier, more productive

Hyper-empathy.

The chicken crossed the road joke sounds harmless.

the wacky thing happen and then funny scream

Only brainlets can't make a joke without it being laughing at someone. You don't need to be a dick to be funny.

Attached: thumb-350-816341.png (350x219, 20K)

No, that's making fun of the listeners expectations by delivering a mundane answer that you insinuate he was too stupid to find out.

Then you end up being the nice guy who no one feels strongly about.

I just don't want anyone to get hurt anymore. It's worse than my own actual body being injured.

OH NO NO NO

HAHAHAHAHA

Maybe this place isn't for you.

so…
west good
japan bad

holy shit

>sarcasm is traditionally seen as something stupid people can't understand(...)
Let me finish that one for you: "by passive brainlets lacking confidence, latching to idea of inteligence due to their lack of talents or virtues"
Sarcasm is traditionally seen as something that one rude moron who can't get a haircut right do. Probably a fatty who's prime target for bullying.
Actually inelligent person is never sarcastic because actually intelligent person is not a moron, knows how to behave according to situation, and don't need to pretend in front of himself.
Sorry mr so sarcastic nobody get's you otaku nerd who's into comics. Not exercising or cleanign your clothes didn't make you smart. That one guy you hated in school for being charismatic and likeable also beats you there.

Because it is. It's charming, hilarious and relatable.

this
whites are stupid

Then I feel that we're at an impasse. The answer might be that you've become too cynical for humor, but because you still experience schadenfreude so you think that you still have a sense of humor. I don't classify that as humor. Humor is based on subverting expectations, cynical people lose their sense of humor because the subversion of expectations becomes normal and expected. It's not a surprise anymore that when I start reading a sentence and expect a joke in the end I don't even get a sentence let alone a joke. But they can still laugh at someone stubbing their toe.

I hope this doesn't come off as condescending.

Do you find it risible...

Attached: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.12_[2019.02.23_17.38.53].jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Hence the "hyper" part, since it's like an overdose of empathy.

Is that true or are you actually the one just insulating yourself from any emotion that would exceed a threshold of comfort? Gaming people lets you rationalize interactions and dissociate from the direct connection and confrontation by playing a shell game. But people don't need that kind of mystery and deception and detective work to become interested or feel affection towards someone. I can't lie to someone I like, it's like hurting myself intentionally.

benis

Not that user but I feel like there's a lot of projecting in here. You don't sound like that charismatic person in school, rather the type of beta that you're talking about who now thinks that he "learns the lesson" and tries to convince himself of that by convincing other people of it. You also sound like the type of asshole you're talking about, and incredibly passive-aggressive.

youtube.com/watch?v=UyZzXbc0eSk&t=0m37s

because they are polite and smart

>Humor is based on subverting expectations
There's a lot more to humor than just catching people off guard. There's timing, tone, context, word choice and countless other variables. Two people can tell the exact same joke but one will be funny and the other will be Carlos Mencia.

>They are your only salvation in an ocean of chaos
True, but why does that mean they're not games? Relationships are fun, have rules, pitfalls, unexpected obstacles, involve strategy, hard work, objectives, purpose, dedication, endgames, trichery, rewards.
Who are you to say that I don't take relationships seriously just because I see them like a game? That doesn't mean I play the people I care about.
In my job currently I have objectives in my relationship with the people I interact with. Getting a contract, reassuring the guy about the product, be someone they want to work with. It's emotional labor and whether you want it or not it's only natural techniques and skills will be developped, as if it were a game instead of something natural.

And then there are people who find people yelling all the time to be humor.

and only retards like yourself would find that humorous

My house at Thanksgiving was hysterical

Okay, give me an example.

holy shit

bongs(europeans) are white nigger now?

I don't believe that, at some point I realized that I needed all my senses to keep from opening new wounds, and I have to open myself to the full perception of my sensations in order to do everything possible to prevent tragedy. Because I can't stop feeling love, and the memories of my mistakes are relatively permanent in the way they cause me pain. Lying to myself won't make the pain stop. It just keeps piling it up until there's nothing of myself left because everything has gone numb.

I can't become a monster again

I meant everyone subconsciously plays games each other, for better or worse. People just play it differently. In fact, the only way I can think of to stop the game is 'insulating yourself from any emotion that would exceed a threshold of comfort'.

Okay but how do we know the eleven even report rape or child rape? It seems like the typically dishonorable stuff they'd try not to let anyone know about even if it happens.
Not trying to downplay the figures or anything I'm just genuinely wondering how truthful the shamefuru cliché is.

Attached: SHAMEFUR.jpg (259x390, 27K)

How do you know YOU didn't get reported for rape.

Because it's not a game if it isn't fair user. It's just a fight.

You need to watch more anime, once you're in the fight you already lost. You can only win by never ending up in a fight in the first place. You're in the place where you don't even realize the fight has become endless.

But the best episodes of Dragon Ball Z are the filler episodes where Goku is just hanging out at home or learning to drive or something.

The best part of life lies outside of all the fighting. Conquest is nothing. It is time in your life that you simply wasted.

>Only brainlets can't make a joke without it being laughing at someone.
>Only brainlets

Attached: mindrape and BRAINS.jpg (636x529, 36K)

I don't think there is more to humor that catching people off guard, there are just people who are harder to catch off gourd, so then those things come into play. Yet at the same time the will be someone laughing at a fart joke because it's inappropriate and therefore unexpected. There is depth to humor, yes, but it's still 'based on' the idea of surprising people.

There is something about sarcasm however that is not an element of humor but an additional element of companionship. You "get" the the coded message and agree with the person who thinks that this other person is an idiot or an asshole. They want to avoid confrontation and you can empathize with that, but it makes you feel that you are not alone in thinking that the motherfucker is fucking retarded. that is probably why the subject of sarcasm thinks that sarcasm is an elitist humor because he gets that it was a coded message, too; and there is an feeling of defeat in knowing that he indeed would not have handled genuine criticism well, that the message had to be coded. It's like you want people to be honest with you, but you also don't want to uphold your right to be an aggressive asshole to them if they are, and deep down you know that's an unfair request. You are creating your environment of liars around you, and you didn't want be reminded of that. So "fuck the sarcastic person, how dare he."

>I don't think there is more to humor that catching people off guard
Well you're wrong.

Come on user, don't bully him. At least let him try and prove his point.

Attached: nanamiraughter.jpg (196x196, 9K)

You didn't read past that sentence, did you?

american tier post

I did. Im just not gonna quote it all for the sake of space. If comedy is all about catching people off guard then what separates it from horror? It is not solely based on surprise.

Attached: Boo-Ghost-Gif.gif (500x500, 29K)

How are games fair? All players are not equal before a game, even if that game is the fairest in the world.

>american
I feel insulted.

Attached: french slowpoke.png (618x538, 164K)

>how are games fair, even if they're fair?

Is it sarcasm if she means everything she says?

A professional football player and a one legged man are not equal before a game of handegg.

yes

Wait. So someone can say one thing, but actually mean the complete opposite?

Wow OP. You're sooooo smart.

Attached: 1540500426040.png (650x750, 1.87M)

>unironically comparing real life with anime
this kind of idealism is too bright for me

Attached: 1548767431197.jpg (640x535, 36K)

I'm just trying to become happy at least once before I die.

>suddently super deformed characters
>simple background, usually a 'quirky' wallpaper pattern like strawberries or some shit
>loud, obnoxious cartoon sound effects
>obnoxious goofy/'comical'-sounding music
>characters gurn, squeal and overreact in a manner that no one though to be humanly possible until now
>the actual 'joke' being the overreaction itself, the sheer fact that the scene is presented in such a goofy and over-the-top manner (BRIGHT COLOURS LOUD NOISES GOOFY WACKY WAFFLE JINGLE KEYS LAUGH LIKE THE PAVLOVIAN BABY THAT YOU ARE), or simply pointing out a faux pas/malaproprism/incongruity for the purposes of social correction, because even the simplest joke or goof should never be left to be judged on its own merits.
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1UdYOrR3E

Found the mutt

I'd suggest drugs then

that doesn't work on me. the heart knows it's a lie.

sarcasm is comedy because sarcasm is mockery, people that don't like sarcasm are people that are offended by words
if you find sarcasm and those who use it offensive you are literally the most dangerous and primitive kind of human on earth, right now
i bet you anything congo niggers really dislike sarcasm

Doesn't count because Aka has consistently made references to western things

Attached: 1524266533190.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

In the Philippines it is very, very widespread.
People love banter here as well

A good show is one that uses all forms of humor from slapstick to puns to dark humor.

I don't think anyone actually likes sarcasm. Even when I was 14 and I used it I don't remember ever enjoying it, I think to even do so in the first place you have to feel like you're under threat or you've already been injured.

As expected from the most powerful race in the world

Would that be comparable? I mean one is a squash and stretch cartoon with comedy being the main focus, while the user before's image example was from an action/fantasy anime that's about drama more often than comedy.

>The greatest comedy shows of all time, Seinfeld and Always Sunny
Objectively true.

Jews and Women would like shit like 30 Rock or something. 30 Rock is the Gintama of the West.

Seinfeld is a jew.

Jewish humor should die in garbage fire where they belong. Anime has international appeal whereas the only thing the rest of the world consumes is capeshit and disney cartoon movies. Nobody likes your entertainment anymore.

My life.
don't mind me being self-deprecating humor master race over here

What's the deal with this post and airline peanuts?

Attached: seinfeld.png (1356x748, 225K)

But in that example we're laughing at you. Are you retarded?

But the user said laughing at someone, that doesn't apply to me since I'm a nobody.

>sarcasm
You just prove the fags who say that anime comedy is for brainlets right you dingus

how do you retort to things such as "bazinga" or "i turned myself into a pickle rick"

By punching them in the face.

Play a laughtrack to them

Someone is mad that the 2000 year old man stole his girl as one of his wives.

Attached: 347289.jpg (318x223, 84K)

>kisama
Sounds pretty sarcastic to me

What did the lamp say to the lampshade!?
SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKING LAMPSHADE!!!

AHAHAAHAHAAHAH

>Why can't the Japs into irony and sarcasm?
They do it better than murricans 2bh.

Don't know what kind of drugs you take but when I take the right stuff and feel the sun on my skin I am always conviced I will never be happier.

Honestly, Asobi proved they do better than merishits in the sarcasmotron department.

Attached: lewd2.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Shut up weeb
your opinion is clouded by bias

>irony and sarcasm
They can but due to their culture(?) of expounding on anything it's not as apparent. A character can experience something ironic and they'll exclaim to themselves, "I got X when I wanted Y!" or something along the lines thus removing the subtlety. Watch more owarai.

That's not sarcasm

Do the Japanese ever do irony as like an aesthetic thing?

I wish more nips would just stick to dry humor like Uguisu Sachiko/Hiyodori Sachiko does with Shibito

Attached: H12.jpg (1125x1600, 839K)

But Jews don't like Seinfeld. And Always Sunny insults like everybody

Then we'd just be arguing in another thread about how "the Japanese have no humor"
Dry wit confuses and angers the American

Reported for antisemitism.

then why do you always cry

Americans aren't smart enough to understand humor.

Attached: heh.webm (1280x720, 1.39M)

The hell you talking about? I'm an American and I fucking love Shibito no Koe wo Kiku ga Yoi

Attached: h24.jpg (1125x1600, 706K)

Sarcasm/Irony > Dark Humor > Deadpan = Slapstick >>> Negro Humor

Not quite irony but it felt like Franken Fran parodied a lot of common tropes

Attached: 14.jpg (1000x1454, 420K)

Thats not curb

I think you mean Trailer Park Boys

>mfw this thread

Attached: manwithaturban.png (700x934, 960K)

Nichijoubros and asobi are the best anime comedy currently.

Someone sure hates The Fokn Bois for no reason than to be ironically racist.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Dry wit is the opposite of Japanese humor though

Are you trying to fool me again, donald?

>Laugh track
>Gentle suggestion
Holy fuck, choose one and never look back. Jesus fucking christ this is what westerners really think?
You are more than welcome to go back to plebbit, champ

This is irony.

it was cringe,silly and awkward
Kaguya is no longer an interesting and clever character
this anime is doomed

Emergence
Onani Master Kurosawa
Guren Lagan
Madoka Magica

>feels more like
that's what user said
dumbfuck moron piece of shit

This is neither sarcasm nor irony, it's satire.

>Seinfeld and Always Sunny
fuck off amerilard

sarcasm is bad comedy
satire is good comedy
japanese can't do either

Fuck you, Seinfeld is great.

It was great until real people started actually acting like that

But they can, it just doesn't come out in translations because most translators are shit. Also it's not as if the language used in anime is anything like the way actual Japanese talk.

honestly the way they talk is like reddit irl before reddit existed

What the fuck does that even mean?

>ironic shows like big bang theory
That show is ironic?

Japans real problem with comedy is that they cant stop themselves from over explaining their own jokes.

too jewish

>Negro Humor
I like some hood movies like Friday.

This is why Amerishits are shit at sarcasm. You don't get sarcasm when it truly happens.

Not really. If you want jewish comedy Curb is one but then again it does make fun of jewish culture a lot.

>acting like a condescending prick while hiding behind plausible deniability

Attached: th.jpg (474x753, 50K)

>Seinfeld
>bad
Fuck you. Always Sunny perfected Seinfeld's formula of comedy and SoL setting in Philadelphia.
It's like saying Grand Blue, Asobi and Nichijou are bad comedy anime.

>Irony is when it gets thrown back in their face later.
You don't get sarcasm or irony either, kys.

This is the absolute state of Yea Forums - flooded by ironic weebs

I accept your concession.

Attached: daifuku troll.jpg (278x275, 36K)

Anyone that dislikes sarcasm just has PTSD from when Chad used it on them, they didn't get, and had to have it explained to them while everyone laughed. Mast of them aren't even human.

I wouldn't say the best of all time. They both are very cutting edge for the time they were aired on tv and will be remembered, but GOAT isn't accurate for these imo

>the ironycel self inserting as chad
JUST

no one can sincerely like anything, cuz that's so gay dude hahaha like the wall of deniability I'm putting up no one can shit on me now

It's all coming back, isn't it?

cope

Can Japs even be sarcastic?

Have you taken 1,000 dicks in your ass? The answer is obviously yes for the low IQ retards ITT

No, I was the guy in the back laughing at the irony of how your entire world view collapsed in a moment as you realized you were out witted by chad of all people.

this is so cringy dude lmao step back from your computer and look at what you're typing

>cringe
I rest my case.

the only legitimately funny thing to come out of Japan is the azumanga daioh manga (not show)
konosuba, k-on and yuru yuri are decent but will never come close to stuff like king of the hill or always sunny

Attached: D49971B8-C7E1-43BE-90F6-0997E889C487.jpg (640x632, 31K)

she never was

>cringy
boogie bomb and dab on them

>implying Gintama isn't the funniest anime in existence

>western humour is better than jap humour
>they haven't seen Gaki no Tsukai, or Matsumoto's documental

Seinfield is wierd as fuck if you aren't American and aren't famiiar with Jews

Japs unironically still think that puns are the epitome of comedy. They are centuries away from discovering sarcasm.

17 year old ironycel at best
yeah it was epic

Oh wow, this thread is still alive. I made it like 15 hours ago and people are still arguing about this. And I also cant believe you people think Seinfeld of Always Sunny is bad.
Anyways, I think Asobi and Grand Blue is irony and comedy in anime done right. Also, Cromartie.
Lucky Star is comedy in anime done wrong. I mean I liked it back then, but thinking about it, it aged very badly

the eternal tripfag with the eternal bad opinion

Comedies relying mostly on sarcasm don't exist. Neither Seinfield nor Sunny are sarcastic in nature, they have sarcastic punchlines, but they're few and far between.

>real literary value.
Define your shit variable. What constitutes literally value and what makes a literally peace "real"?

Regardless of your low IQ hatred for sarcasm, I think there is one thing we can all agree on. OP is a tremendous faggot.

This tends to be something meme'd about by English and philosophy majors and falls under two categories. First, did it advance or apply modern understanding of philosophy, and second, especially if it was a work of fiction, did it apply critical theory? Critical theory of course means "did it show leftist identity politics in a positive light"?

This. Identity politics is cancer unless it is pandering to my identity as a westerner.

You're a faggot and a nigger. That straight forward enough for you?

Sarcasm is pretty much the isekai of comedic devices; everybody does it because it doesn't take any skill or imagination, so most of it ends up being boring shit. In moonland you could say the lack of it has the same effect as censoring in porn since the lack of it pushes their creativity to make things more original.

Elevens don't do it in public since it's rude, but people close to each other do it in private. From what I've seen (hundreds of hours of 3DPD variety shows and seiyuu radio) they don't really separate sarcasm as its own thing, but group it under general "black joke" genre.
The biggest example of it IRL that I've seen was when Umehara Daigo asked what they could do on stream to decrease viewers and answered himself "Play SFV".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sarcasm_is_really_helpful

Not really. I am finnish and Seinfeld is one of my favorite TV shows.

maybe you have jewish ancestry

>not dfw
also checked

can you imagine anime where they try to act sarcastically funny like bongs?

Attached: 1451365123529.gif (256x190, 487K)

this is dumb i'm sorry but this is so dumb

>people are categorizing and being elitist about fucking jokes
its about delivery
its funny or its not. stop trying to have Yea Forums console wars over fucking comedy

Attached: 1550684596025.png (878x651, 552K)

Dark Humour is where it's at.

Attached: drunkenbakers2.jpg (1196x1600, 471K)

Japs almost never use sarcasm. It's not a part of their culture or humor. And to be fair, sarcasm isn't even funny so it's even better that they're not using it. Western comedy is mostly shit.

Fuck, I was actually thinking about it. I can't think of a single anime/manga that uses sarcasm or irony, in fact, I can't even think of a single skit that uses it in japanese media. Neither VN, anime nor manga. What the fuck?
It's always straight man.

In conclusion: Chika has big boobs.

How is that joke sarcasm?

Attached: ummmmelf.png (1458x858, 959K)

Source?

Sarcasm is a western thing.

But Yugioh 5ds was terrible. Even Kampfer was better than that garbage.

>implying the highest form of comedy isnt puns

>Comedies relying mostly on sarcasm don't exist
last man standing exists and it's awful

deep bro, just wait till you discover honne
also keep using japanese terms for words that have obvious english equivalents, it really makes you look like an expert

Chika a cute

Attached: 1550371587767.jpg (1440x810, 143K)

Faggot

How do the jokes differ from the ones from Nichijou or Asobase,for instance?
It's pretty much the same thing for me
School life comedy involving mostly female characters