/trek/

Year of Hell Edition
Previous:

Attached: 4x08_Year_of_Hell_title_card.png (877x667, 477.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archived.moe/tv/thread/143018046/#143027542
trekcentral.net/is-a-new-enterprise-on-the-horizon/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attention /trek/ posters!

PRIME DIRECTIVE: /trek/ is the Star Trek GENERAL thread on Yea Forums - Television & Film. You may post about ANY official Star Trek content that is Yea Forums related (i.e., live-action content). Conversations pertaining to set and prop design, visual effects, and sound are welcome as long as they remain on-topic in relation to their respective shows or movies (more on that in GENERAL ORDER THREE).

GENERAL ORDER TWO: If you wish to discuss animated content (e.g., The Animated Series, Lower Decks, Prodigy) proceed to Yea Forums - Comics & Cartoons and make a thread for the show you wish to discuss, or participate in a pre-existing one. From now on, failure to adhere to this rule will be met with extreme prejudice due to previous abuse. Reporting off-topic content is encouraged.

GENERAL ORDER THREE: Other Star Trek content, relating to Yea Forums - Video Games (e.g., Star Trek Online) or /tg/ - Traditional Games (e.g., Star Trek Adventures) should be discussed on their respective boards.

GENERAL ORDER FOUR: The television programs known as "Enterprise," "Discovery," "Picard," and "Strange New Worlds" can be discussed in /trek/, but they are not part of the main line Star Trek continuity.

GENERAL ORDER FIVE: While the use of a username and a tripcode is not strictly forbidden, you should refrain from using them in /trek/ if you wish to avoid targeted harassment. Anonymity is an integral aspect of Yea Forums's unique culture, and attempts to create a persona are generally frowned upon. Furthermore, the use of avatars--images that become a user's signature--is against the board rules, and should be reported as such.

GENRAL ORDER SIX: Respect board rules; they are here for a reason. Contrary to popular belief, Yea Forums is not lawless, and users are still expected to follow a certain set of guidelines. Reporting content that violates the rules is your absolute obligation as a /trek/ poster, as it ensures the continuing quality and integrity of Star Trek discussion on Yea Forums.

Attached: attention trek posters.jpg (236x245, 8.18K)

I demand updates from the Star Trek kit user.

I know this is a parody, but this is still spam.

Attached: private.jpg (656x526, 192.91K)

How much is gold-pressed Latinum worth?

Attached: based quark.jpg (1200x675, 95.19K)

per litre?

Unbelievably based. Thank you for your service, Gul.

Per strip, per bar. Whatever.

Attached: AnchoredSingleAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif (400x250, 1022.01K)

Year of hell always makes me laugh. The whole ordeal was because one guy was rude to Janeway. He said this was their territory and to stay out. She said fuck you and went in anyways.
After the reset, he politely advised her to avoid the space and she plots a course around it. What a bitch

Per glass.

Attached: Morn.png (500x666, 523.69K)

The pleasure is all mine. Together we can fix /trek/.

Attached: 2397887345234.png (1232x400, 54.23K)

Rules Gul > RulesTranny

I think there's too many tripfags now.

Come cheer up my lads
'tis to white people planet we steer

Attached: 1559833058558.png (600x452, 380.53K)

Attached: blinds pu.jpg (551x680, 32.45K)

What happened to /trek/.

Attached: 1574110160531.png (500x302, 46.39K)

theme yo shit

there's a badge you fucking idiot look harder

I don't think Rules Gul is a typical tripfag.
I'm pretty sure this CGI Pu is playing Dixon Hill on the Holodeck.

soulless garbage

Attached: 1618228537242.png (500x375, 220.15K)

I respect the effort.

someone licked a frog

Attached: Frog.licking.jpg (1920x800, 81.21K)

She shouldn't do that.

I think the problem is it has too much soul for you to handle

Too late now

Attached: jurati.jpg (1026x791, 33.86K)

3Dpu user, you're the George Lucas of Trekpus. Make of that whatever you will.

Attached: trekpu happy.jpg (754x1158, 79.35K)

A frienly reminder this Thursday is a another all new episode of the hit series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds on Paramount+:

> SNW S01E02 "Children of the Comet" - While on a survey mission, the U.S.S. Enterprise discovers a comet is going to strike an inhabited planet. They try to re-route the comet, only to find that an ancient alien relic buried on the comet’s icy surface is somehow stopping them. As the away team try to unlock the relic’s secrets, Pike and Number One deal with a group of zealots who want to prevent the U.S.S. Enterprise from interfering.

Attached: snw-102-preview-04a.jpg (1280x853, 473.81K)

I'll take it with a pinch of McClunkey and thank you

Attached: Beyond.png (474x266, 162.74K)

>a group of zealots
oh no

Attached: 1631813530276.png (152x423, 108.73K)

I'll be sure to tune in!
And by that I mean torrent it, skip through and post screenshots

We are not pleased

Attached: 1652284164442.png (892x568, 38.87K)

Just wait until the Netflix pu is out

this had better be a warp capable planet they are protecting

What's the point in doing this ritual if nobody listens.

Attached: 1645214019684.jpg (945x1048, 132.58K)

Attached: 1652280681058.jpg (493x402, 22.48K)

neonoir trek kino
>I think the problem is it has too much soul for you to handle
kino answer

What are you on about? He's getting (You)s a plenty.

Things just got out of hand.

Attached: SirPatrickStewart_as_Jean-LucPicard_TNG_Timescape-1280x640-1.png (640x640, 215.97K)

McClunky

Attached: pu.jpg (722x898, 41.71K)

The Discovery writers have had to learn some hard lessons about star trek but season four is a gamechanger
and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

But the rules...

This.
Going forward, Star Trek Discovery is exploring a side of the Federation and the Star Trek universe
that was left largely untouched by earlier iterations. How they face the crisis of the burn
and how they deal with a new order of power in the quadrant is a really exciting premise.

They destroyed...kawaii-John. I cry.poor Booker T .

Attached: cry.jpg (657x527, 35.87K)

Year of Hell should have been a season.

Star Trek: Discovery has a great premise that season one established
and season two expanded on in a meaningful and exciting way. Now that the show has earned its trek-chops,
season five is looking to be even more ambitious and defined in its own right.

>but season four is a gamechanger
Why? How?

Star Trek Discovery is about people. In the end, it's the timeless story of overcoming challenges together.
That's what all of Star trek is about.

Just when I thought he couldn't be more based.

It would be amazing if the entire series got a Season 5 renewal. The Star Trek prequel series doesn’t have
as rich a universe as Star Trek Discovery, so they could always revisit some of the side characters
from the prequel and continue the story.

As long as there is a Season 2 renewal, I’m not going to get worked up over which episode is
going to be cancelled. There are always going to be at least a few episodes that are
cancelled or axed. If an episode is going to be axed, at least it’s going to be a good
episode.

And if you think about it, it's kind of like how there are many movies that get
cancelled after they are already in production, only a TV series can continue filming while
another is already being produced.

A groundbreaking show, Star Trek Discovery takes the franchise in a whole new direction that had some fans worried but
now that we have grown to know and love the characters, the statement the show makes is becoming more and more profound.

>yfw you need more fibre in your diet

Who's put a bee in /trek/'s shuttlecraft today?

Attached: 1631840773957.jpg (976x720, 48.91K)

Discovery challenges bigotry and sexism in a smart and positive way.

Are you me?

Yes, but, how can they still be the same characters if they are different in such a way? And then there is also the issue that,
as with previous
Now, after a year and four series worth of development, the
show has finished filming and will be premiering later this year. The show is called Star Trek Discovery. This is one of many
changes in the Star Trek universe that has gone down with much confusion, but I will attempt to provide you with the best
information and explanations that I can so that you can make your own decisions. In this article I will cover what
we know about Star Trek Discovery, the changes it will make to the continuity of the Star Trek universe and its significance,
what will the show be about and its characters.

T'was me. I am the author of all of /trek/'s misery. I am...

Attached: 84d3571ee3fc631b-600x338.jpg (600x338, 30.25K)

The dumbest part about VOY is that the showrunners felt they had to set it in a new quadrant, as though the Alpha Quadrant's been spent and there's nothing more to see there. In reality, One quadrant alone would contain far more worlds and species than one single show could ever hope to portray.

Has there ever been a decent Star Trek game? Name fucking one

archived.moe/tv/thread/143018046/#143027542

I was going to list several of them, but the number is actually quite high. As far as the quality of a given game, there are few out there that even come close to the quality of TNG. Star Trek: Elite Force was not too far off, but it was certainly not an entirely accurate portrayal of the show, and certainly no where near as good as TNG.

That brings us to the question. If there has never been a truly excellent Star Trek game, does it follow that it has never been attempted? Or can a game be successful even if it is not great? We can, of course, play games that are fun and enjoyable. But some games are so fun and enjoyable that we want to experience more of the game. In other words, some games are worth doing over and over, while others are not.

In Trek news, say it loud:

trekcentral.net/is-a-new-enterprise-on-the-horizon/

Attached: PIC S03 Enterprise-F.jpg (1280x606, 448.79K)

Bridge Commander

I'm so tired and worn out by these futile, destructive wars! Both sides are entrenched in an endless grinding fight to be the supreme faction in /trek/ and nobody's willing to concede even a little bit, to find any sort of middle ground. If we can't find a way out of this deadlock, the entire general, the most well
established general on all of Yea Forums might be lost forever.

>general on all of Yea Forums might be lost forever.
how can we get faster into this