Books that capture the feeling of paranoia?

>Denpa games are a subgenre of horror visual novels. The typical model is a horror story where the catalyst for the events that occur are based on familiar people acting in unfamiliar, yet seemingly orchestrated ways. Stories where the world seems to have gone mad; and the protagonist is not necessarily an exception.

Are there any Denpa books that could be classified under the above definition? Essentially capturing the feeling of being a paranoid lunatic who can't trust the world around him. I've only ever seen this done well in visual novels, especially in pic related's case. I was hoping there is some literature that could satisfy my thirst for more stories like this.

inb4 Notes From Underground. While a good read it didn't quite capture the denpa feeling. Which is gradual paranoia/insanity that builds up over the course of the story.

Attached: Sayonara wo Oshiete.jpg (651x383, 156K)

Phil K. Dick is great for that. Try The Stigmatas of Palmer Eldritch or Ubik.

Oh look a game I want to read that will never be translated haha

absolutely no good denpa games but subarashiki hibi and saya no uta are translated

Yep to PKD, but I haven't read those, so I can only recommend A Scanner Darkly. A book has never made me feel that paranoid.

Totono is getting released soon supposedly

kafka

Philip K. Dick. (A Scanner Darkly, Ubik , Time Out of Joint. The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch)
Pynchon - The Crying of Lot 49
Auster - The New York Trilogy

*has never made me feel SO paranoid

What he said was correct.

>when you try to correct someone's grammar without understanding grammar

John Fowler’ The Magus evokes paranoia well, but it’s not familiar people acting weird, it’s people the narrator encounters.

Bump for interest

Strindberg's diary and, by extension, most of his novels are centrally paranoiac.

Pa--ra--nooooiiiia, Pa-ra-noia!
Ain't it grand ta see, that good-time face, again!
Pa-ra-noi-ya, boy oh boy, yer
Just a bit of you-know-what
From way back when!
Even Goya, couldn't draw ya,
Not the way you looked, just kicking' in that door--
Call a lawyer, Paranoia,
Lemme will my ass to you, for-ever-more!

Attached: 484.jpg (935x1201, 97K)

Henry Rollins is OCCASIONALLY alright. Parts of Eye Scream are pretty spooky.

moogy and kastel fucking stop posting on this board you fucking retards

Higurashi is good stuff too

Do people still even know or care about Moogy at this point?

That was my post. Just trying to clarify -- didn't want to sound like I was saying "a book has never made me feel very paranoid," which the "that" could be interpreted as saying.

Fuck you for reminding me that VN will never get translated

There was once a paranoiac who said Stendhal was the best simulator of the condition. You know who you are. You know who I am. Don't you?

just use vncore and start reading you fags

The translator said they might come back and do it eventually, but not anytime soon. So yeah it will probably never be translated. Also bump.

The unpublished short stories only me, my therapist and my dearest of friens know about desu.

BUMP

Final bump