Pseud

>pseud
How do I pronounce this?

Attached: 1567491430799.jpg (960x960, 43K)

peetsoold

Silent P

Sued

Sood

The same way you would pronounce "Lewd", but with an 'S' instead of an 'L'.

Pood

O pronounce the p, so just as it is.

Do you think people in real life will understand what I'm getting at when I say
>he's such a sood (sewd/sued)
?

I pronounce it as psevd

Smart people will

P (plosive bilabial IPA symbol p)
S (fricative dental IPA symbol ð)
E (Vocal, Open-Mid, Central IPA symbol ə)
U ( Vocal, Closed, Back, IPA symbol u)
D ( Plosive Alveolar IPA symbol d)
Not hard at all. The only tricky one is the eth: put your tongue on the inner surface of your upper teeth, go down as You pronunce so that it ends a bit between your upper and lower teeth and basically pronunce the most hateful and disparaging "s" sound you can.
ə Is like e but meaner.

Pseud is just a shorthand from of pseudointellectual. Pseudo is the prefix for something that is false, as in a pseudonym is a false name people write as.
It's usually a prejorative term with the same sort of use as pretentious, but can have actual applications such as calling something pseudoscientific when it doesn't use proper methodology for experimentation, cannot be replicated or contradictory to natural laws etc.

You are clearly not in need of ever using the term.

pissood

p-shood

Now this is pseud

Because I got it wrong or Because I got it right?

Susudio.

s(you)d

Because you're overcomplicating things with technical terminology in a way that doesn't actually explain anything.
Right or wrong doesn't come into it. It's so out of place and specific that the only person who could make sense of it would not have an issue understanding how to pronounce something as simple as pseud.

because you have asperger's syndrome

Ah-ser-gers

Bullcrap IPA is a retard-easy instrument to describe how to pronunce something and solves 99% of the problems You may have when encountering a new word.
Never denied this, but irrelevant.

Are anglœs really incapable of pronouncing a(n initial) 'p' and 's' after each other?

Lol'd

>Bullcrap IPA is a retard-easy instrument...

See, there you have made an assumption about others working knowledge. And not only that but you have misunderstood my point. I am not making a judgement on any system, it is more that you are assuming familiarity with a system based on nothing.
You have not grasped the very simple point: is someone who cannot pronounce something as simplistic as pseud, and asks about it on an imageboard of all places, likely to be familiar with your system and specific terminology for linguistic pronounciation?

Seud

This might be right if it was pronounced exactly like it was spelled. The standard English pronunciation is more like "su:d", or a voiceless alveolar fricative followed by a long closed back rounded vowel followed by a voiced alveolar stop, if you prefer.

puh-swed

We make the first consonant silent in any problematic consonant combinations at the beginning of a words; e.g. gnome, knife, chthonic.

Psevdo

poop

Oh ok, but Why the P is unvoiced?
I dont know. I was asked How to pronunce it; I answered in the best way I could.
I dont presume anything about people's intelligence and knowledge since I'm not a telepath as you clearly are. If someone doesn't know IPA he can litteraly go on google images and search it and have an handy graph like pic related and BAM he knows IPA.
If I assumed anything is that since He's asked How to pronunce something he wants to know the clearest way to do so and that he might be interested in How to pronunce words in general. Well Sorry for my "presumption" then!
Define "problemátic" tho please, i have no problem pronuncing "ps"

Attached: IMG_1761.jpg (330x427, 38K)

cringe
based

Puh-zoo-ed

>mfw amerilards can't pronounce a combination of two consonants

It's not that the P is unvoiced, the P just isn't pronounced at all. Like in "psychology" or "pneumonia".

>Define "problemátic" tho please, i have no problem pronuncing "ps"
It just is. Ending combinations like "twelfth" and "fifth" are fine though.

Sneud's Feud & Seud

It’s very difficult to call something pseudointellectual in real life and not come off as an asshole. On here we’ve seen it enough that we are largely used to it, but for most it’s a less common insult

ShuGhazi

Linguistics students are the worst

ψευδής,learn greek

sood

pseh-uhd

it uses the german pronunciation, so think “freud”

ctrl-alt-T
sudo intellectual