So you said you like reading user? What’s your favorite book?

>so you said you like reading user? What’s your favorite book?
Is there a more plebeian, surface level question than “what is your favorite book?”
If you’re asking me that question, it says to me that you don’t really “get” literature.
Every book has different qualities, different styles, different strengths and weaknesses.
You’re asking me to choose between a set of things that have nothing in common with one another. It’s a completely inane question and I hope you won’t ask me such silly things again. Now, have you decided what you want for dinner?
How do YOU respond, Yea Forums?

Attached: 2C254944-9FCA-4701-933A-9C9327191219.jpg (371x467, 53K)

Who am I in the conversation again?

A guy holding a lit molotov cocktail

it's to gauge taste, you absolute retard

I throw the molotov cocktail away from any books. I am not a tyrannical monster.

Mine is Goodnight Moon. Honestly, followed closely by Oh, The Places You’ll Go!

My favorite book is the Kama Sutra hehe ;P

I prefer Fángzhōngshù

I usually respond with just a subjective favorite, or my favorite of whatever genre comes to mind first. It’s usually just small talk.

>Is there a more plebeian, surface level question than “what is your favorite book?”
It's really just codeword for "what book do you feel like talking about right now? I don't feel like setting the subject of the conversation." Only the truest of Chads recognize this, like me.

That’s interesting

>I dunno, I really like Beren and Lúthien, but I also love The Dead Zone. The Name of The Wind is incredible too... I could go on and on. And you, what's your favorite book?

Is that so hard?

i'd say "nigger of the narcissus" and then i'd tell her what she wants for dinner.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1080x1331, 109K)

based

The Holy Bible.

>What’s your favorite book?
Mein Kampfy Communist Manifesto by Albert Einstein, have you read it?

you shouldnt think about theoretical scenarios that much. given your attitude i highly doubt a woman will ever ask you any question, which she isnt paid to ask you

Enlightened by your own farts, you are

I'd say the Iliad for both fiction and non fiction

Have kids emcel
Utterly based

This. I have a few "favorites" that are just, well, my favorite. Those aren't necessarily what I see as the greatest books ever written, just the ones I enjoy reading the most.

I wouldn't know what my favourite book would be, But I guess i've Re-read Brothers Karamazoff, Aleph from Borgés and Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience from Blake the most times; so those would be my favourite books.

I like reading a bit of anything, from Baudelaire to Habermas, but what I really love is reading the melancholic mystery of your eyes...

>How do YOU respond, Yea Forums?
"Stop talking to me."

My go-to question is usually what you are currently reading.

i like it when mommy dommes talk down to me

Anyone else just completely retarded and immediately forget all the books they've ever read whenever someone asks something like this? Same thing happens whenever someone asks me who my favorite artist is or what my music favorites are.

My next one.

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

You are actually just autistic. You should have answers to things like this if you are a reader. If you are an avant teen like me you should probably default to something at least reasonably well known. For example, when someone asks me what my favorite book is, I say Molloy by Samuel Beckett, because although I don't have an absolute favorite it is one of my favorite and the type of person asking this has probably at least heard of the author. Also, you seem like a fucking pseud desu

This

>tfw so retarded I don't even know what my favorite color is