Do you prefer reading e-books or Physical copies? why?

Attached: DzUBPDkX0AAgPl7.png (539x612, 254K)

Reading physical books is unparalleled, it's like a different experience altogether when compared to reading on a screen. Too bad it's also relatively expensive.

Physical copies. I want to read Sex and Character very badly, but don't want to read it online. So, I'll have to wait till the physical copy arrives.

E-books because I'm a poorfag. If I could have a huge personal library, I would.

The feeling of making your way through the pages and reaching the end of a book is much better than e-reading, but much more expensive. I usually read physical only if it’s a story I have particular interest in.

If im sitting, other things will distract me from reading. I listen to audio while walking it the only way i can focus on a book without distractions

>reading
>e-books
e-books aren’t reading

fuck off faggot yes they are

Attached: 875415641546.jpg (704x396, 53K)

Elaborate on that you fucking tard

Physical, almost purely because I like small paperback copies that I can carry around in my cargo pockets. Also I appreciate typesetting which I don’t get with an e-book.

I prefer reading a physical book because I stare at a screen all day, so the last thing I want to do is stare at a screen to read for leisure. Also I like the process of turning the physical page with my hand, as opposed to scrolling.

this is a plainly retarded comment, good job

Libraries are free.

>I usually read physical only if it’s a story I have particular interest in.
Why read a book if you don't have a particular interest in it?

work? school? research?

To see if it surprises me

I like physical books because they will still be with me in the event of societal collapse, and that is when I would want them the most.

Also they feel nicer.

I forgot about those...

Attached: image.jpg (400x387, 52K)

What are some books that surprised you?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (though I felt the ending left a bit to be desired, it was still s good read)
American Psycho
The Things They Carried
On The Shortness of Life was an especially nice surprise. Sold me on stoicism after being somewhat underwhelmed by Meditations.

I’m admittedly still only getting back into reading after spending years indulging in hedonism, so I’ve got lots more to read. Also, I always buy physical if I can find them at the local bookstore since I can buy used paperbacks for around 50 cents.

>I’m admittedly still only getting back into reading after spending years indulging in hedonism
What woke you up?

Ebooks because I can control+f.

Alpha: Mainly uses ereader to pirate books, then purchases ornate editions of the best ones to display for the aesthetic, but mainly owns fine art books and encylcopaedias
Beta: Has a library card, owns matching sets of canonical authors and useful textbooks from chosen field
Gamma: owns big box store special edition classics, inherited books from parents and bestsellers from airport shops
Delta: buys and displays books bought at second hand stores covered with god only knows and by strangers, posts proudly in "post your stack" threads

Physical books > epub > pdf

I also like listening to audiobooks from time to time.

what the fuck is gamma and delta?

Gammas are either eccentric geniuses that dgaf or people socially inept but still want recognition so they enter niche "culture"
Deltas are the lazy but satisfied or failures that completely lack self awareness

Physical because I can read on the subway without getting robbed.

Dissatisfaction with my life that I attributed to a general sense of depression rather than the direct result of my behaviors
Knew for a while what needed to be done but lacked the will to do it. Maybe I still do, but I’m making the attempt

I bet you retard plebeians think watching Netflix is the same as watching a play too

Attached: 5A5C655E-6D83-4F92-A6B6-2A638F8C7012.jpg (556x527, 32K)

I own several e-readers for novels and regular books, and physical editions of reference books

i have an ereader laying around but still I get the 45min bus ride downtown to borrow books from the library. fuck screens

I also got back into books recently after years of hedonism but desu it only started because prison was pretty boring and I had nothing but time to read

Explain to me how reading a book on screen is fundamentally different from reading on paper.
This is a retarded comparison when seeing a play has you in the physical space of the acting, while tv is done through camera angles and retakes.

Also e-ink screens are comfy af

I'm pretty sure user didn't realized we aren't talking about audiobooks.

physical copies are easier for my ADHD brain

Physical copy because I underline the books with a pencil (read political theory books).

I pirate to get an idea of the book. If I get into it, I buy and keep reading physical.

I read ebooks and physical books. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. The aesthetic experience of reading a physical book is nice. I like the ability to easily look up definitions and save quotes in ebooks though. It's enjoyable to scroll through saved clippings on the Kindle to see what I've saved over the years.

No I’m talking e-books
Audiobooks are also not reading but I know the difference

Physical books, I like getting away from any sort of electronic device and just focus on a book, it allows for less distractions, Also, there’s something special about flicking actual pages and getting to the end of a real book. Inb4 pseud

>still refuses to explain the distinction
Sure thing buddy

Why is it delta to display secondhand books? They're cheaper and usually easier to read, logistically. Aesthetic is subjective, so having posh hardcover new editions lining your bookshelf may look good to you bit doesn't necessarily mean shit to someone else.

I enjoy a bookshelf of used secondhand books because what's important is not the cover it's the words no matter where they're printed. To me it also promotes spreading the words of an author you truly enjoy because when you don't spend much on a copy of a work, it's easy to give it to someone you think might enjoy it without worrying over its value.

E-books are the shit, cheaper, comfier and i can read in the dark with no problems.