Is he a silly madman or a genius? Both? Neither?

Is he a silly madman or a genius? Both? Neither?

Attached: download.jpg (198x254, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vw1Sv04YQS4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he's a wizard, Harry

He's a genius who goes overboard occasionally

Install gentoo

I like his take on magic . really hope he releases moon and the serpent bumper book of magic soon.

His handwriting is brainlet tier.

Attached: 18776416_1.jpg (771x1000, 180K)

>Brazil in favourite films
He's based

and not me

Alan is Ted Pilled

>Q: WE HEAR YOU’RE NOT THAT KEEN ON TECHNOLOGY...
>A: I don’t have an internet connection, or a mobile phone, or a TV signal. I can play [digital] music on the television, or on the computer I suppose, but I don’t. I am pretty much cut off from the 21st century. It’s like culturally I’m trying to establish a kind of sensory deprivation tank for myself, whereby I am receiving no modern signals whatsoever, because I’ve heard that after a while in a sensory deprivation tank you start to hallucinate and have all sorts of strange experiences, so I’m waiting for that to happen.

>Q: HOW DO YOU MANAGE WITHOUT THE INTERNET?
>A: It seems to work. I am pretty much cut off from the majority of the 21st century, but not much escapes me. You hear about everything, because you’re talking to people, you’re absorbing a lot of this information as if by osmosis, just through the pores of your skin. I have said that by embracing the internet in the way that it has done, which was kind of inevitable, society has embarked on a massive experiment without having any idea of the various ways in which those technologies will impact upon us socially, politically and psychologically. So I so think if there’s this huge experiment going on, it’s best that I remain outside the petri dish, as a kind of control, so that we’ll be able to see how badly the rest of you have mutated, by comparing you with me as a kind of baseline.
>>>interview with Alan Moore

Attached: 1566044076192.jpg (403x292, 14K)

I see him in Costa coffee all the time, not in M&S anymore though ;_;

imagine living in northampton lol peak for u

you ever say anything to the guy?

have you ever gone up to him and said "cometh the moment, cometh the mandrill"?

>I’ve heard that after a while in a sensory deprivation tank you start to hallucinate and have all sorts of strange experiences, so I’m waiting for that to happen.
Thats pretty based.

Is he actually good or just a meme? Outside of comics no one talks about him.

Yes. Night of the Hunter also.

From things mentioned itt and others I've heard of he seems based in a grumpy weirdo sort of way. Like a less unhinged Jodorowsky perhaps.

he's eccentric and quite good at crafting a story and characters, so his work is fairly interesting

Voice of the fire is good, it's a book

>moon and the serpent bumper book of magic

Is this STILL not released? Mother fucker

cant get past that first chapter

Based old wizard.

I read this yesterday before bed and felt inspired to ditch the internet, then I woke up and started shitposting again. How the fuck do I take the Moorepill bros?

Just go off grid

He wrote two good things in a medium formerly devoid of intellectual depth, substantial formal innovation, or self-awareness so I’d say he’s pretty subpar in the scope of Yea Forums.

Watchman and From Hell?

One of the greatest students of Pynchon.

Dis dah fucker what who worship Glycon?

Working as intended. It's still a great chapter though.

He's written a lot more than two good things.

Could you name his best works from your perspective? I’m looking to dip into Moore passed Watchmen and his cape stuff.

Sure. Killing Joke and Miracleman and such are fine, but I don't consider those especially great Moore. I'd ignore any of the stuff he did with image characters (WildC.A.T.S., Glory, Deathblow, Supreme), and early stuff like Futureshocks is optional. Here's my favourite ten (beyond Watchmen and Vendetta):
1. Promethea is where he goes headfirst into
Kabbalah, so if you like that, it's a wonderfully complex read.
2. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is his send-up of Edwardian boy's serials and Victorian SF, so that's entertaining. It's basically "Watchmen for the Victorian pulps." The later books and "Neo trilogy" are also great.
3. His Swamp Thing run gets better and better as it goes, and is useful to see him stretching his limbs a bit (like Miller's Daredevil run) before he loses patience with monthly stuff entirely. Vertigo basically came out of that run.
4. From Hell is a fabulously bleak and occult examination of Jack the Ripper, and how it sums up the city and age that hosted it. Always worth it.
5. We're essentially watching the prequel to V for Vendetta unfold in real-time on the news, so this is a good time to read that one, even though it's a fairly simple response to Thatcher's England.
6. Courtyard, Neonomicon, Providence. Oh my fucking God. It's Lovecraft, but in many ways better than the original. An underrated gem. Yuggoth Cultures and Other Growths is earlier uneven Lovecraftian shorts.
7. Lost Girls. Not entirely successful, but erotic and unusual. The sexy tales of Wendy Darling, Dorothy Gale, and Alice Liddell).
8. Tom Strong: Tom Swift/Flash Gordon/Doc Sampson send-up. Lots of fun, and a long-running series. Not essential, but good.
9. For early/short Moore, grab Brighter Than You Think, (a collection of ten Alan Moore comic stories with accompanying essays by Marc Sobel)
10. "Top 10": a hard-boiled police drama in a city of superbeings. Not profound, but funny and heartwarming at times.

Saved. Thanks for the /recs/ user!

>even though it's a fairly simple response to Thatcher's England
Has Moore commented that all of that "V for Vendetta" infrastructure is put in service of his ideals?

>Has Moore commented that all of that "V for Vendetta" infrastructure is put in service of his ideals?

What?

Very creative person, with a streak of sadism, mild superiority complex, and some problems keeping hold of the plot and finding a good stopping point.

youtu.be/vw1Sv04YQS4

He is wizard.

>neonomicon
That book was absolute shit and reads like it was written by an edgy High School Junior.
courtyard was okay though

Go to prison or to a schizo house.

Courtyard and Providence are definitely stronger, but the Innsmouth update works for me.

He knows things, that's for sure.

He commented, too many times to count, on how V itself it's a critique on anarchism, just the way Norsefire is a critique on fascism.
If you pay attention, V ideals only works through the realistic filters of secondary characters.
The romantic guerrilla man, it's just dubious and dangerous as the tyrant. As he literally says in the comic, two sides of the same coin, and who decides which side it will flip are the masses, and their interest in changing.

Alan Moore is a hack...Everyone these days know his comics are shit.

Attached: CD79B148-EF99-4174-8260-9629DBFDF51C.jpg (448x695, 73K)

did V come after reading pynchon V

It's possible. That area of the Midlands also ties in strongly with the Pine Conespiracy.

Right, right. Let's see you write a better Deep One wank scene, user.

He took literature to a pleb medium and succeeded, but when he tries his hand at actual literature it's painfully obvious he just copies his favourite authors.
Jerusalem is garbo

he killed Roman Polanski's wife for the crime of living in a house previously owned by a dude who refused him a record deal or something, that's pretty mad desu