Boo hoo hoo I'm afraid of death and the void :^(

>boo hoo hoo I'm afraid of death and the void :^(

listen kid, I get that it may be impossible for you to conceptualize how sometime can lose their fear of death but we big-brained niggas who study esoterism, mysticism and eastern philosophy have long ago moved past that stage. I sometimes forget that there are even people who are still afraid of death, like hahah how is thanatophobia real nigga hahaha like get a grip nigga

Attached: 1538948152811.jpg (951x1200, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qbkgj5J91hE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Even if you are a secular atheist, Epicurus already btfo'd fear of death. The only people who should still be afraid of death are Christians/Muslims since they believe in the absolutely insane idea of eternal hellfire to which they potentially might go.

dishonesty won't do you any good :)

How can one fear death once they realize that your consciousness dies with you?

You don't know that, and there is evidence to the contrary

It's the only logical conclusion. Consider the braindead. They're "alive" but not conscience of the state they're in. That's why we call them vegetables.

NDE's say otherwise

NDEs are just hallucinations.

Clock is ticking, user. You know not when the master of the house will return.

Attached: 1562888415574.png (345x446, 192K)

How do you know they are "just hallucinations"? Why does that matter if they are hallucinations if those hallucinations are had apart from the body? And how do you have a hallucination when your brain doesn't work?
youtube.com/watch?v=qbkgj5J91hE

Fuck "the master of the house". I'm taking the house. It's mine now.

When you're near death your brain releases an outpouring of chemicals responsible for the hallucinations that comprise NDEs. I'm presuming we're talking about things like visions of the afterlife, the spirits of dead relatives, things like that?

Not all cases of NDE's are identical. There are many cases where the brain was verifiably not engaged in any activity that could produce hallucination, such as the case in the video I posted.

But if there is no afterlife, why must I be moral? I won't care when I'm dead, so why care now?

I should rather like to kill other people for sport if there were no afterlife, Natural Law, or divine Creator God. I would sow chaos to my delight were there no external intrinsic purpose.

But creation, emergence, abstraction, and virtue are all of the living God. Our existence screams at the eerie sensation of experiencing time. Behold, all creation reflects the glory of the Creator.

Now as we all wisely should, repent and believe in Christ.

It would be an impossible point to argue. Exsistential feelings can only come from within. No matter how many philosophers you may point to, it’s all feckless in the end.

If you kill people you'll be punished for it on Earth.

In the long run it doesn't matter because that's just temporary punishment and he will die eventually.

The fear of death just led me to the ultimate question of "what even is consciousness and what is this identity I desire to preserve, and do I even exist" and I don't know bro lol

I am strong enough and smart enough not to. I also get a little OCD about my pet projects.

But again, if there's no telos to life, I may as well ride out on a cocktail of morphine and DMT.

>fearing death instead of life
lmao faggots

You can't just squander your life on Earth, God or no God. If he does exist you'll go to Hell for your sins and if he doesn't you'll have wasted your one and only life.

The long dick of the law would fuck you in the end, no matter how smart or strong you think you are.

>But if there is no afterlife, why must I be moral? I won't care when I'm dead, so why care now?

Because it is in your nature to act justly.

If one is scared of hell brought upon by sin, then look within and realize that Hell exsists in us all.

Depends what you personally value. I value results and working towards goals. If at the end of my life I cease to exist, I don't give a fuck about virtue. Anything I build will be eroded away or give way to heat death in our universe.

Without a life's extrinsic telos, pleasure and hedonism is the only true way to live. Just like the animals.

>Without a life's extrinsic telos, pleasure and hedonism is the only true way to live. Just like the animals.
>dude like what's the point of doing anything if everything is temporary?

>Without a life's extrinsic telos, pleasure and hedonism is the only true way to live. Just like the animals.
Not if you accept Nietzsche's take on nature as will-to-power. Self-overcoming > pleasure

You carry too much faith in law enforcement.
>Because it is in your nature to act justly.
Truthfully, it really isn't. I was conditioned dark triad as I grew up by peers. I grew up in a Christian home, so I understand true morality.
I feel no guilt, shame or emotion unless I try hard to experience it.
Nietzsche's point here is good. My issue is, how does the power of volition arise? Why self-overcome? Why not define my inquities as goals?

You either self-overcome or you don't, there is no objective "should", only functional "shoulds" i.e. you should do X if you want Y. There is not categorical "you should do X. Period."

Are you aware of forensic criminology?

Self-overcoming with the end of hedonism is hedonism with extra steps. Again, I like this notion, but it is the same end. Getting the want.
Yeah. Not going to get terribly specific, but my primary field studied dominates such practice.

based