Portuguese Yea Forums

i'm learning portuguese, i want to read a book in portuguese within the next 2-3 months. what should my first book in portuguese be? pls give recs of portuguese Yea Forums

also, no brazilians thnx

Attached: 14155430884_cf8641b54e_b.jpg (970x600, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EflJ67AAZFc
youtube.com/watch?v=1g_p4Xcn5CE
youtube.com/watch?v=9YJaaVAQ5lE
youtube.com/watch?v=7ey65touQaY
youtube.com/watch?v=1YriVM8sC7M
youtube.com/watch?v=lh9YHtZzHfk&list=PLBfs-tkWREa3qGSpKI78XkkxAsUQ4QfTT&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=BWZZ2XtzSwc
youtu.be/NtEDSfj2VM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

help pls :)

Why did you make this thread when they were asleep?

O banqueiro anarquista.

A hora da estrela by Clarice Lispector. I've read it yesterday.

waaaat? I've never seen a blonde protugese. they're brown stumpy midgets, like sicilians

there's this thing called hair bleach

Try "memórias póstumas de Brás Cubas", by Machado de Assis. It's the autobiography of a dead man, written from this point of view where he can be as sincere as he likes since, well, he's a dead man looking at his life.

>fake flag
>fake hair
>fake lashes
>big chin
I really shouldn't reply to this thread

Attached: companhia.jpg (636x897, 90K)

Are you sure you're not learning pt-br? Start with Alberto Caeiro, Álvaro de Campos, Cesário Verde, Mário de Sá-Carneiro, Lobo Antunes

For some reason he said no br, can't you read?

>paulo coelho for younger girls

Os Lusíadas

>also, no brazilians thnx
Fuck off, why not?
Try "o alqumista" by paulo coelho, it isn't a difficult read
When you're advanced read books from Camilo Castelo Branco (portuguese author)

>paulo coelho

He wants to learn the language you moron, if anything he should be reading "turma da Mônica"

Attached: images.jpg (434x351, 32K)

People that think they'll pick up a language in a year are delusional.
It takes like 5 years of practice.
Unless your first language is derived from latin like spanish or french, then it'd be probably less.

>People that think they'll pick up a language in a year are delusional.
They aren't

>It takes like 5 years of practice.
For what? To be able to read? To be able to live in a country that speaks that language? You could learn how to hold a conversation in 3 months nigger

>Unless your first language is derived from latin like spanish or french, then it'd be probably less.
Don't listen to this gate keeper shit head OP

In order to speak a language you have to learn atleast a thousand nouns and hundred verbs and the rules that go with it to conjugate them.
If you can learn that in three months you must have very high memory retention.

You clearly have never traveled to Portugal, illiterate monkey.

Lobo Antunes in not starter material.

I suggest Contos Exemplares, da Sophia de Mello Breyner.

>also, no brazilians thnx
The main difference is phonetics, tho.
Brazilians speak syllable by syllable like braindead spaniards with the Portuguese mangle the middle of the words while roleplaying as anglos.
Just read whatever

As an Irishman I have to admit that Brazilian Portuguese sounds much better than Portuguese from Portugal.

The Portuguese of Portugal souns like a mixture of Russian with a super spicy flavor of the Spanish cicio - which I don't like very much - and a constant swallow of the vowels.

Brazilian Portuguese, on the other hand, sounds like a softer and more polite version of Italian, a kind of modern Latin.

I have no idea of their literature, though. I never read anything from Brazilian or Portuguese authors.

But this here definitively sounds very sweet and beautiful:

youtube.com/watch?v=EflJ67AAZFc

youtube.com/watch?v=1g_p4Xcn5CE

youtube.com/watch?v=9YJaaVAQ5lE

youtube.com/watch?v=7ey65touQaY

I have a friend who is a world music aficionado and one of his favorite niches is Brazilian music. To me the language sounds great.

I can't say the same of the Portuguese music:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YriVM8sC7M

youtube.com/watch?v=lh9YHtZzHfk&list=PLBfs-tkWREa3qGSpKI78XkkxAsUQ4QfTT&index=2

youtube.com/watch?v=BWZZ2XtzSwc

Os Maias, it's a very easy read and it's one of the best books in Portuguese literature, but it's very long: something like 800 pages but I know some editions shrink it to 500 somehow.

The only reason I said no Brazilians isn't because I don't like Brazilians, I do :) it's just because I don't think it'll help me to deal with many dialects in the beginning, I want to solidify a European dialect before delving into other dialects :)

No clue, didn't even think about it

I'm a native of speaker of Castilian Spanish, so I think I can pick up portuguese relatively quickly. Obviously it'll still take time and effort to become fully literate but the languages are more similar than different

haha I think this will be too hard at the moment

gonna look into these recs, thank you bros :))

I prefer European Portuguese in terms of sounds. It has a strong Celtic sound to it. I also love the old school Portuguese accent when they used to trill the R's like in Spanish, sounds very nice. I hear some country folk still do it. But thanks for the Brazilian music recs :)

i'm gonna try to imitate the accent of tony de matos. i think it's very clean and nice

youtu.be/NtEDSfj2VM0

Fernando Pessoa and Sophia de Mello Breyner

>Elis Regina
Baseado.

My point at is that Brazilian amd European portuguese only differ in their spoken forms.

The difference in the spoken form is gretaer than say, British vs American English. But the difference between the writen versions is smaller than the one in English.

I think you may be right insofar as the upper classes of Brazil, the people who actually write literature, basically approximate European written language, but I think it's a stretch to say that the dialects on the whole mostly differ in terms of sound and not lexicon, idk man, brazilians seem to have a very vast lexicon that portuguese people simply wouldn't use, especially in coloquial brazilian portuguese