BASED

twitter.com/Variety/status/1171219644553793536

Attached: Screenshot_20190909-214642_Twitter.jpg (1080x1544, 452K)

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-08-27/joker-todd-phillips-joaquin-phoenix
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The absolute state of America

A few years ago comic books were our Greek mythology, isn't Shakespeare a bit of a downgrade?

What character in any of Shakespeare's works is closest in personality to the joker?

Attached: we-live-in-a-society-social-contract-theory-34833049.png (500x763, 219K)

Grant Morrison and Alan Moore are better than 99.99% of contemporary writers. Gaiman's Sandman is also up there. Or look at what Mignola has done with Hellboy or what Sim did decades ago with Cerebus. Literature has been in a decline while comics have been innovating and improving. After McCarthy and Pynchon die whose left? Rushdie? Houellebecq? Fucking Tao Lin? No. Comics are primed to take over.

Pulp trash was a modernist invention. Sure it was gobbled up in the US, but it was produced and popular elsewhere in the world.
Is Hergé’s Tin Tin Belgiums Shakespeare now?

Attached: C3EFF225-7E52-455C-A72C-3486D92C1C99.jpg (975x1436, 1.61M)

Based.

>Shakespeare was basically the soap opera of his day
>implying comic books are any different

everyone ITT just outed themselves as retarded lmfao

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-07-18-at-5.13.01-PM-e1437264842287.png (550x403, 409K)

Why is everybody so angry about this movie?

It hasn't even been released yet.

Attached: question.jpg (500x489, 37K)

Yes, that is actually true. This claim to be Shakespeare is retarded as comics deal with the heroic, the backbone of classical mythology.

How much longer do I have to ride the tiger, bros? I want off.

>Is Hergé’s Tin Tin Belgiums Shakespeare now?
Implying Belgium has actually written something better than Tintin?

Attached: EDD24849-C6E9-4B05-B8A2-685CD2EB54B9.png (396x385, 124K)

>Shakespeare was basically the soap opera of his day
Tell reddit I said hi.

Who is that?

Do you miss the point?

This is their marketing strategy.

spbp

le angsty white man

>actual reddit response
>implying everything he wrote that isnt Macbeth is basically Netflix-tier writing
>R&J literally littered with dick jokes

Attached: 1565989086200.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Wasn't he just comparing them in the sense they both inspire spin offs? It seems you're either a brainlet or very childish to misinterpret this as him comparing their level of writing.

I don’t really see the issue. This isn’t a competition or an either/or scenario. Shakespeare will always been in a place of extreme canonized gravity in the Western World. It’s so engrained in the culture itself practically in our DNA.

Oh and Grant Morrison was right when he said that comic hero’s are our modern mythology.

One would think Iago, but it is actually Hamlet.
Think about it
>destroys his own political system by murder
>kills his best friends and his gf's father without caring.
>philosophical
>Lame puns
>acts "crazy"

Hamlet is literally the joker: gamers rise up.

Attached: Smug2.png (498x497, 164K)

Show me a soap opera written in blank verse you mongoloid.

That quote was taken a bit out of context from an article:

>“That’s the fun thing about these characters. In a way, comic books are our Shakespeare, and just like there are many versions of Hamlet and Macbeth, they’ve done four or five versions of the Joker in the last 25 or 30 years. So why not do another one that’s wildly different?”

latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2019-08-27/joker-todd-phillips-joaquin-phoenix

He does not imply comics have the same literary merit as Shakespeare's works, he just says how often are both adapted into film.

thanks

this. i mean just look at romeo and juliet objectively. its just a story of two retarded horny fucks who kill themselves for someone they met like 3 days ago. what a stupid story.

Fucking jews man, holy shit. Never talk to the media, ever.

Here's your (You) Iago.