Bro it be like that, do it not be?

Bro it be like that, do it not be?

Attached: 7A89CB24-8C42-4924-B5A0-6555BDFB5410.jpg (1242x783, 140K)

Bro I’m sayin, like wtf poets

Attached: D4D0361D-9E33-4950-AEC1-DBB1DACF25D6.jpg (1242x375, 73K)

Bro I stay preferring nursery rhymes for this reason

Based
Cringe

Poetry died and hasn't been relevant for generations.

truth-dubs. Basically, this. Poetry has been shitty for a while now. I hate thinking of it in terms of "relevance", but it has just been so shitty for a while now.
ESPECIALLY ALL OF YOU POST-AVANT EXPERIMENTAL POETFAGS. FUCK YOU. YEAH.

what even is this farce of a post?

>he doesn’t realize language is just symbols
Typical reddit midwit

Stupid people
dont like poetry
they are like a tree
a stupid tree
thinking its so smart
but its really dumb
a dumb
stupid
tree
idiot

When poetry is written by acclaimed poets, you try and discover the hidden symbols because you expect the critics and readers that elevated the poet to his lofty position to be a guarantee of the poet's quality. That's why I wouldn't read too much into random Instagram or Yea Forums poetry; the writers on Yea Forums are unknowns and the poets on Instagram are nobodies so I fear I may be wasting my time

) :
The shitty avant-garde poetry of today is the death rites. Fuck that, let's resuscitate poetry anons

Poetry is supposed to be simple and expressive. Haiku is about what poetry should be about. I don't really care for its form but rather its focus on nature, direct expression and simplicity.

Heres a poem (lyrics) I wrote:

Can you hear me
I, the sleeper?
Idle dreamer
secret keeper

Can you hear the
Noiseless clamour
Drowning me
Within a void so cold?

And I have felt alone
So easily disowned
And I build myself this tomb
I sleep forever in stone

Attached: 0F14A3D5-331C-4E59-A415-6DC6D12DCFA5.gif (498x331, 1.53M)

Not sure if there's a reference I'm missing but this is awful

Theres no reference theyre just lyrics I wrote for one of my songs

lmfao what on earth gave you this impression? what poetry have you read?

I am a poetry-let but when I look back at the pre-television days when hanging out with your family in the parlor singing or reading poems or playing a board game was standard, it seems to me like poetry is dead. Because I know that people (I think Mark Twain even mentions this) back then believed that the entire point of poetry was for these readings; it was the thing you read aloud to friends in the evening after a few shots or recited with the lads while strolling through the woods. People don't really have a repertoire of poetry in their heads like this anymore, and they don't read it at gatherings either, so in that sense poetry seems to have died and what's left is a small circlejerk of academics and pretentious seekers, reading it from a page and looking for some high IQ aesthetic experience that pales compared to fucking Auntie Miriam belting out Commentaries on the Acts on Sunday after church. Sure, there are still poetry readings all over the world at select events, or local goobers hawking their shit, or street performer "poets", but as a cultural force it is kill and not worth your time.

CMV

>The shitty avant-garde poetry of today is the death rites
This is like how every Christian of every generation has been convinced that the Antichrist is nigh (within their very lifetime!!!)
Stop being dramatic, you’re like a teenage girl. Poetry, the highest of the arts, is not going to “die”. It’s just going through an edgy obscurantist phase, one of the many phases it has and will go through.

Why would you type all this out whenyou don’t know shit about poetry? It’s inherent in the art form that it be interwoven with complexities that necessitate very close reading and some erudition. Like he said what you’re yearning for with your low IQ is a nursery rhyme. Actual poetry, going back even to Dante’s La Vita Nova, or Shakespeare’s sonnets, isn’t just some catchy rhyme for your mother to recite to you. Shut the fuck up.

that's why I put CMV, you didn't CMV though, because the contexts of Shakespeare and Dante are also radically different from today and so my point about relevance stands.

go back and stay on rebbit faggot

I don’t know what CMV means, consider trying actual words on the literature board.
>the contexts of Shakespeare and Dante are also radically different from today and so my point about relevance stands.
You didn’t grasp the point. You said poetry today is pretentious and trying to be “academic”, versus some idea of “the good ole days” when they were simple and guileless. The point is that poetry has always been complex, not that Shakespeare is still alive.

>You said poetry today is pretentious and trying to be “academic”, versus some idea of “the good ole days” when they were simple and guileless

I did not. I said the people who read it seriously nowadays tend to be such. You are focusing too much on Auntie Miriam, I never said poetry can't be difficult. I was more talking about the general idea of late 19th/early 20th century people like Mark Twain who thought poetry was dying because it used to be read aloud constantly as a form of popular entertainment and was gradually declining. I would gamble that many such people back then would scoff at what poetry is now. I am inclined to agree with them. CMV means change my view, it's some stupid reddit meme with more nuance but whatever that's the gist

Nice

This is the pretentious shit that is killing poetry. You make poetry out to be some incredibly high art form that needs to confound the reader, when some of the best examples of it are simple and laconic. Keep sniffing your own farts asshole

If the music fits the music well then for lyrics, they're not bad user
They're certainly evocative, but by themselves could use some work on the meter
Keep writing

He has a hard time because either the poetry is old and it engages in language and a tradition in which he lacks the proper education to understand; or the poem is new, in which case, the poet has purposefully made the experience difficult by indulging in obscurantism, since that is the current popular style.

based truth poster

Intensive use of figurative language is one of the tenets of poetry. What the hell do they expect?

You have no idea what poetry is.