I am at college, majoring in philosophy for the sake of learning philosophy...

I am at college, majoring in philosophy for the sake of learning philosophy. I plan on graduating (possibly with a masters) and working as a waiter at my friend's jazz cafe, while reading nice lit, philosophy, and writing on the side.
Am I on the path to the literary life, daddy Yea Forums?

Attached: rin(hpm).gif (500x396, 157K)

You will peak by your mid thirties at the latest but it will be a good peak. The STEM folk will have a more stable life with no such peak.

please be my bf

Hopefully, fren. I'm hoping that by placing less emphasis on income in my life that I'll be able to focus more on my writing. At this point, I've lost all interest in my expensive hobbies and the thoughts of having a family.

Only if you're a intellectual, silver haired man who's at least thirteen years older than me. I'm a picky girl.

>I'm a picky girl.
oh I thought you were a boy, nevermind

>a picky ‘girl’

Attached: 046931E3-9444-4C85-BD3C-E33F78F73573.png (500x500, 236K)

Can I have fries with that burger?

You're going to peak in your mid to late 20s and it's not going to be pretty when it stops. Your own nature and the consequences of your actions are going to catch up with you, unless you're actually a genius, which I doubt you are. What do you think life is going to be like as a woman without children who is above average intelligence, but not intelligent enough to create something genuinely interesting or new? You're going to end up frustrated and will regret your egoistical life choices.

>””””girl”””” “””””””””””””philosopher””””””””””””””
Yikes and Cringe, please leave this site roastie or trannie

KEK. Roasties btfo

Not a bad prediction desu. I guess I have no other passion besides writing and philosophy, and I don't really see too many opportunities after majoring in philosophy. Hopefully I'll be able to either achieve something or come to terms with my inadequacy and worthlessness.

Find a husband and become a mother. It's what most people do and it's for a good reason. The only reasonable alternatives are becoming a nun or a genius academic.

I wouldn't mind marrying, but I just don't want to be held back by a lack of freedom. I've dated before and I always end up obsessing over my so and living wholly for him. Bad childhood so I fall in love too hard for men who show the slightest affection.

all decisions are arbitrary. if you're smart, you'll parse through all societally-influenced goals, advice, and outcomes as pieces that fit into the mold which is your greater purpose. it's that feeling, the ache, burning of action and necessary change. it gives you goosebumps, then your mind flutters. it's never exact, always transforming. some people never find it, but it's within us all. everything else is just wind blowing.

When you're 25 years old you will meet a man; 32 years old, handsome, a successful lawyer. You will immediately lose all interest in your studies. You will lose 7kg and start dressing more traditionally feminine. Later he will make you his wife and you will have his children. You will live the rest of your life as a mother and wife and you will be happy.

>I wouldn't mind marrying, but I just don't want to be held back by a lack of freedom
Yes, because you're a child. It's a common condition of women today.

> I've dated before and I always end up obsessing over my so and living wholly for him. Bad childhood so I fall in love too hard for men who show the slightest affection.
QED.

It sounds good till your wagie job sucks you dry and you come home too tired to do anything except watch tv

>watching tv

Read Weininger and learn

watch Netflix for the zoomers of today. As if there is a difference

one of the biggest concerns when trying to find a job is whether the job would be compatible with a writer's habits. i was hoping that by working alongside my friend who owns the place, and listening to comfy jazz, that id have some energy left to pour into my writing. what would you call a job that doesnt drain you? (preferably a job that you can get with a philosophy degree).

work at the post office and bitch about it in your writings

>posting a gif of "pleases old men for money" Tohsaka Rhino as seen in the 2014 UBW anime
>majoring in Philosophy for the sake of reading Kant, Hegel, and Heidegger/Wittgenstein, despite being able to easily do that outside of a classroom setting
>mentioning the "literary life"
yep, low iq.

not if you waste time watching anime

You don't really need to go to college to work at a café user

So much this, OP.
Find a med student and fuvking marry.
I'm sure You'll be able to find someone capable of putting up with your "freedom" bullshit as long as you cook, clean and let yourself be tied up and devastated in every hole.

She's still superior to normal(not dark) Sakura and seibaa though. And while it's true that you could read philosophy outside a classroom setting, you won't be engaging in the same discussions about said philosophy that you would in that kind of setting, which makes you lose out on something relatively important.

Sounds pretty nice. I think having an ordinary job where you interect with a lot of people will add a lot to your philosophical thought. It will be a simple and good life. Good luck, user.

>girl
>philosopher

Attached: 1566995789513.jpg (640x559, 23K)