What's your favorite blackpill quote?

What's your favorite blackpill quote?

Attached: 1567979296449[1].png (762x458, 79K)

Attached: kafkablackpill.jpg (850x400, 54K)

“Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it, you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe her not, you will also regret it… Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the essence of all philosophy.”

Kierkegaard

are you reading conspiracy against the human race user? this quote is familiar and I think that was right at the start of it. I was in high school at the time so a few years ago and I may be misremembering.

Don’t worry be happy

>Live, laugh, love

It’s true. Sexy rich white suburban mommy’s know what’s up

That quote is only half of the problem. The other half is what you are going to do about it, and the only answer that satisfies me is turn to God. You may have other answers, and all is well with that as well.

A head full of regrets is a sign of a weak man who remains anchored in the past and is unable to move onward with his life

Attached: 4a2247802504087f08e131c3ebcf17fc.jpg (1000x590, 95K)

Unironically

Attached: images.jpg (416x354, 21K)

I think it`s a real shame that this movie and by extension the book, have been relegated to meme status when it is quite a fantastic book and fantastic work of literature.

great book
great film
great meme

check em

t-there's nothing to check user

Attached: 1552167971078.jpg (349x300, 17K)

Completely agree. I think the novel will be remembered as one of the best of the 20th century. The modern Notes from the Underground.

Anyone who goes around serving up blackpills is pathetic. They've resigned themselves to defeat, presume their own worthlessness, and yet are now hypocritically trying to scavenge up a sense of purpose they themselves should believe to be entirely false by making a nihilistic witticism out of it. That kind of despair should be instinctively phrased as a sincere question in the search for meaning. Otherwise, it's just exhibitionism.

Attached: KNOXVILLE WORLD'S FAIR 1983.jpg (958x785, 38K)

>needs the idea of god not to be scared
>calls others weak

Great one, haven't seen this before

The old man is correct.

God is a word with an elusive meaning. In my understanding turning to god has meant meditation to clear my mind of false imaginings, and practicing health cultivation to knit my joints and cleanse my disease.

In the end, it is the answer.

Scared of what? The quote addressed the pathetic, futile state of man. God in that case would be an antidote to man's insufficiency, not man's fear of what comes after death.

Someone who fears what comes after death is not necessarily weak; it is a worthy fear, but filling your mind with regrets is not worthy.

The concept of "god" is extremely nebulous and means something different to each person. You can use it as shorthand for simply "something beyond," the hidden divine knitting all energy together, the universe-as-mind, an all-powerful deity that created matter, etc. Spirituality is highly individualistic and innately human; feeling connected to the world around you is, I'm coming to believe, requisite for any real sense of contentment or joy.

It isn't the essence of philosophy.

Attached: 1565178075743.jpg (1500x900, 196K)

SOCRATES NO!

Attached: 1280px-Alcibades_being_taught_by_Socrates,_François-André_Vincent.jpg (1280x971, 279K)

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

I didn't know Ganon had hot philosophical takes.

Attached: Ganon_Artwork_%28A_Link_to_the_Past%29.png (627x673, 507K)

the Dhammapada is hardly serving a blackpill since the whole point is that it’s possible to realize the Deathless and no longer be subject to the horrifying drama show of birth and death

This is only on the ethical issues, on the aesthethics matter he differs, he reviews both extremes of life in his work either, or

Wow, this is profound, someone ought to write an entire book about this idea...

Attached: history.png (551x394, 74K)

Attached: one of the billions.png (727x330, 59K)

Attached: silent robots.png (546x248, 42K)

Follow cosmic path of good to maximum cool sense objects

Is this from a letter?

Where are these quotes from?

His diary desu

Unbelievably based

It is at the beginning of TCATHR

The deathless isn't really better than the blackpill because in nibbana having dug out the various roots of becoming everything we associate with our sense of self ceases to exist anyway. The uncoditioned state is so uncomparable to anything we understand it may as well be non existence from our present view point

source?

>Sleep is good, death is better; but of course, the best thing would to have never been born at all.

Attached: ee5h8a7a62y11.jpg (2000x1771, 1.03M)

What a spook

Noooo

The Trouble With Being Born

Not that poster, but its Cioran, most likely The Trouble with Being Born

it was quoted by Cioran too, but he added that the next best thing is to sleep.

Both film and novel are mediocre, not even ellis really likes the book, he says its just ok

O wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is -- to die soon

Attached: download.jpg (147x343, 9K)

literally proving- if there is no God, then I am God and everything is permissible

What's wrong with that?

absolutely BASED

real life has put it to the test and found it wanting. "Anything goes" spells out disaster

Whoof way to miss Kierkegaards point you dimwit

Attached: vance quote property indigenous people.png (1796x1218, 2.95M)

Attached: Quote PB humans Navakavada.png (1848x1436, 2.24M)

Those with limited creativity only create destruction

You become aware that you are truly out of options when you can only rely on the goodwill of other people.
-user

Check again.

Then, do tell, what is Kierkegaard's point? I am not acquainted with his writings so I cannot properly interpret what he meant to say; perhaps you or another user could enlighten me?

Reminds me of one of Ayn Rand's:
>have you noticed how the imbecile always smiles? Man's first frown is the first touch of God on his forehead, the touch of thought.