"There must be some way out of here", said the joker to the thief

>"There must be some way out of here", said the joker to the thief
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1551606614479.png (434x551, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9u5x9pdInTU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

probably a jab at Christ.

i think it's about one of those escape room places

Joker = Dylan
Thief = Hendrix

Bob was living in Hell after a dream suggested to him that AAtW would be stolen and the Thief's version would get all the radio play.

He had to get outta there. The universe was playing one of its jokes on him, making him the Joker. He hated being the Joker.

It’s about existential torment. I certainly know the feeling.

>All along the watchtower

What did he mean by this?
Watchtowers aren’t long. They’re tall but not particularly wide.

I picture a vast fortress in my head, overlooking empty terrain for miles in the dead of night in profound silence.

You need to allow a bit of artistic license with lyrics for it to sound good and fit the melody.

>t. singer-songwriter

Shouldn't it be All along the watchtowers?

his thought his life was a tragedy at first... until he realized... it was actually a comedy.

finnegas wake reference

Jimi Hendrix sang that you retard

Lol

no theres just one

God I hate that pretentious cunt Bob Dylan and his o so deep lyrics

ask Christopher Ricks

This, and just as unironically

everybody was singing about this kind of pseudo gnostic shit back then

youtube.com/watch?v=9u5x9pdInTU

Mr. Tambourine Man is based af, but he hasn't written something that beautiful since

retards and tripfags, exhibit 1

The devil speaks to the thief on the left of Christ. The song is about the many who sin, and who know they live in sin, trying to keep watch for the hour of Christ. They are in a constant state of distress and fear, knowing the hour is at hand; their hope is to repent at the last moment, except they do not know when it is. What's worse they are lost. In their sin, they are confused and disoriented, they fear the coming hour, and know that they have no way of knowing until it is too late; the worst among them, then, conspire to help each other, but in their heart they know they have already failed and the hour has passed.

My guess is the Riddler is behind this lyric.

Attached: dastardlydevelopment.gif (220x164, 35K)