Books about being selfsufficient

I hate being a wagecuck, I have planned the following, go live on my own. And start a farm, where I can be my own boss, be relaxed, be free, go out whenever I want and bring back anyone I want to my farm. Selling excess food. Simply making it, achieve autorealization. How can I do it, what books do you recommend?

Attached: magazine-unlock-01-2.3.1812-_f8f46086483e481dac419245735da727.jpg (1440x2560, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWDIzHldPg
pastebin.com/grvmwQ01
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not going to be as easy and pleasureful as you imagine it user

You realise you are going to have to work really hard to do this? It's not going to be sitting around staring at the sky sitting in a field, it's going to be hard manual work all the time just to feed yourself, especially if you haven't been brought up on a farm. Just be a wagecuck but get a good paying job, then save up enough money so you can retire in a countryside estate

I used to have the same ideas, but I'm re-thinking the whole thing. For me it was an escape fantasy, but then you realize it's pretty much impossible to be selfsufficient alone, you'll need a group of people with different talents, and just to help overall.
If you have no problems with socialization (unlike me) go ahead.

How about we try together user? I am good at plumbing and gonna buy my very first crops to practice on my garden this weekend.

I was surprised when reading Walden that it wasn't so much about nature as giving a middle finger to wagie caging.

Attached: Benjamin_D._Maxham_-_Henry_David_Thoreau_-_Restored_-_greyscale_-_straightened.jpg (2089x3027, 2.89M)

I just read this. Very related to self sufficiency.

Attached: 220px-Into_the_Wild_(book)_cover.png (220x348, 63K)

First off self sufficiency is a predicament that only automized individuals in capitalist economies find themselves. Living on a farm is a community effort, life on a small farm is made possible by neighborhoods of multifamily households working as a community.
My recommendation is to buy land in an area of abundance, have a small garden that grows staple foods and ingredients, and forage and hunt for a living. It's relatively easy to go to the creek and catch yourself a living, you could eat deer all the time, raising chickens for eggs and turkey for meat is easy. Don't get me wrong, Hunter gathers also work as a community (only extended beyond human to their ecological community). But it's more than possible to hunt fish and forage for food and maintain your slack. Still, if you want to have a lifestyle with electricity or have any bills to pay or spending money, you need income. Like the American hillbillies that turned to moonshining to maintain a similar lifestyle, the obvious answer is in the narcotics industry. Other options are things like woodworking, becoming a fishing guide, ranching, and doing odd jobs. Narcotics requires the least investment in time and money and has the most returns, crime pays, only problem is it's illegal, which makes it by far the coolest option.

Yes, a lot of work, and no, not out on your own. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Attached: 5445A66D-197E-483E-AE34-E19789D04481.jpg (334x499, 32K)

The desire to be free is mans most natural instinct

my friend owns a dairy farm and he works 12 hours a day every day other than sunday. Sunday is his day of rest so he only has to work 8 hours.

Any good book recs on self/emotional care? Hoped this was in-topic enough with the thread

I recommend staying in touch with them
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWDIzHldPg

enjoy.

Attached: 5acres.jpg (273x432, 17K)

I don't have a book to recommend for you. a friend's favorite book lately preaches the exact opposite message: that every American's urge for agrarian self-sufficiency is corrupt and futile, that nothing righteous or true can grow out of our soil, that the whole thing is corrupt from the start. the book is called "Against the Country", written by Ben Metcalf. I read it recently and I keep turning it over in my mind. Metcalf seems to think that the American love of the "country" is self-indulgent exploitation, love of land comes down from a long line of philosopher-fetishists who want to believe that what they know about the soil comes from God.

But, when ruralism becomes an American phenomenon - or really, America itself is phenomenon of ruralism - I'm not sure ruralism itself is the thing to be detested. You're right that the country is self-sufficiency. It is food, it is life, it is ancestor, it is self. Detesting the rural is a distinctly jewish phenomenon. but America is a distinctly jewish nation.

Metcalf thinks there was a hypocritical transition from fear of nature to love of nature. The strange and foreign wilderness that man once despised, that outside of the "known", has become the frontier, land that promises a more powerful self. but if there was a hypocritical transition from fear of wilderness to love of wilderness, it was only because man had mastered wilderness, which is the only thing that man has ever wanted to do. fear and love of the wilderness are the same thing under different conditions.

you can't resist the urge to find a piece of the country to master. what other means of self-mastery are available to you? if America's ruralism seems indulgent, it's only because America in all is not a home to you but a conquered land. you are trying to be your ancestors by conquering it again. The conquering of America, a land that was already a home, was a signal that there was nothing left to master

Attached: 51fswUrqTqL._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (342x499, 34K)

cringe

Heres recommendations i was given.

#Reads
* complete book on self sufficiency john seymour and other works by him
* diy planning briefings simon fairlie
* low cost pole building construction ralph wolfe
* homework by lloyd kahn - building barn stuff
* Curry, Pure Beef
* Falk the resilient farm and homstead
* Mallman, Seven Fires
* McGee, On Food and Cooking
* dewalt code books on electricity
* all that the rain promises - mushrooms
* Specialty Crops For Small Growers: 15 Best Profitable Plants For Backyard and Small Acreage" - Headstart Publishing
* "Manual Pavement Labor Based Technology for Rural Road Works" Don Bosco Foundation Training Center Comoro
* "Building Stone Walls" John Vivian
* "Improving the Seismic Performance of Stone Masonry Buildings" Jitendra Bothara
* "Guidelines for Earthquake-Resistant Construction of Non-Engineered Rural and Sub Urban Houses n Pakistan" No author but you can easily find it with a google search There's a lot of material on /out/'s homegrown pastebin but if you're patient enough you can find some really good gems in all that list of books, articles and info.
* pastebin.com/grvmwQ01

also read growth of the soil for a comfy novel

not cringe
cringe

>Detesting the rural is a distinctly jewish
user, the jewish religion is literally a farmer, herder and agricultor religion. And contempt for rurality is extant in all urban civilizations, it's older than writing.

You have a point about the agrarian cope however. People love writing about how farming is great when then don't understand how it works and didn't have to put in the work.
It seems Metcalf raises interesting point, wilderness as unknown and dangerous is a millenia-old trope in western culture. The inversion is indeed very suspicious.

I think every wannabe self-sufficient-run-away-from-society type should read these. Good reality check.

Bump

Attached: 947DE23A-FAE1-43ED-8485-14DA92C9F5A9.jpg (324x499, 28K)

Farms don’t have weekends. And tabs just one huge reason to avoid them... Constant maintenance, if you have animals that’s even more- milking, feeding, maintaining everything so it doesn’t all go to shit. It may be a life more honestly lived, but it’s just as consuming and mind numbing. I work on a farm now and while it’s a good experience if kept brief, I would kill myself if I knew that this was the rest of my life.