Can someone settle this and put me at ease

Can someone settle this and put me at ease.

Did Shakespeare fucking exist? or was it all a creation of some pampered royalty that liked smelling his own farts and hired oxford to do the writing.

Attached: Shakespeare.jpg (1943x2489, 2.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CDVD3YTRAV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hes under your bed

He really existed, that’s not in dispute. The argument is whether he wrote those plays. Most scholars say yes, the view that he didn’t is largely based on classism (oh he was poor, how did he become such a great writer?) without taking into account the actual resources at his disposal

He did, but he didn't really shake spears.

Pretty much this. Also his plays really got upped in importance over the years and had far more gravity attached to them than they deserve as he became a pop culture fixture.

Name one playwright, hell, name one writer of any kind that's in the same weight class Shakes.

Shakespeare’s family was not that poor. His father was even mayor of the Stratford for some time, and his mother was from a well-known rural family. It’s probable (almost certain) that William went to a Grammar School for quite some time, and do you know what they taught at schools that time? The name “Grammar Schools” already says a lot. Yeah, that’s right: grammar, especially Latin grammar. History and the Sciences were hardly a subject of teaching, but Latin and English, figures of speech, rhetoric, oratory, Ovid, Virgil, Seneca, metaphors and similes – that was the main thing kids learned at that time. It’s probable that a kind in Elizabethan England schools was having a better education to invest in a poetry career than people on literature courses on University in our own time.

Also, Shakespeare’s works are filled with imagery based on things that a country boy would have witnessed himself. More than that, it is know that Shakespeare’s father worked as a glover and owned a tannery, and images of making gloves and working with the skin of lambs and cattle are to be found only on Shakespeare’s work.

Finally, Ben Jonson was also a child of a poor middle class family and did not attend any University, and still he was one of the most learned man of his time in the subject of Latin and Greek literature.

Don't listen anybody here. The truth is that he was Francis Beacon.

Yes, but Homer didn’t

He did exist and he did write those plays and poems. Muh conspiracy retards are delusional.

Did Bacon write the Iliad too?

Of course he fucking existed.

youtube.com/watch?v=CDVD3YTRAV8

Possibly

Bacon wrote every book ever made.

>it was me, Yea Forums.
>the author of all your pain.

Attached: AC7A20A9-B5B6-4899-B7E4-FFA5133EECF6.jpg (1629x2000, 2.06M)

Why does saying Shakespeare was some other guy diminish his significance? I mean, if he's a pseudonym for Marlowe wouldn't that just make him even greater than previously thought?

Attached: images (1).jpg (248x203, 9K)

Marlowe was killed.

I think it's more about denying one man can be that great that bothers people. it's what bothers me about it. People constantly try to bring others down to the level of mediocre normal people, there can't exist someone that great surely! Clearly instead of being an incredible writer it was a group of writers under a name! Or another writer who actually wrote his works!

It's lazy it's dumb. People need to stop trying to bring down the greatness of others its what causes people to not reach their full potential.

>blocks your path
if you venture out of the Anglo world, Lope De Vega was a monster.
>Some 3,000 sonnets, 3 novels, 4 novellas, 9 epic poems, and about 500 plays are attributed to him

Attached: lope-de-vega.jpg (480x360, 18K)

“”Shakespeare wasn’t Shakespeare” wasn’t a thing until the mid 19th century. Funny how no one ever questions the authorship of John Donne or any other writer from that era.

Cervantes

y'all white demons need to woke the f up

Attached: yall whitebois.png (513x597, 395K)

where is it from?

>Did Shakespeare fucking exist
No

i saw it in my dreams. high levels of melanin in your body make you have visions of events past and future

Facebook

>high levels of melanin in your body make you have visions of events past and future
That would be the PCP and crack you smoked, nigger.

Oh so is it illegal to question history now?

No, it's only illegal to question the Holocaust.
Seriously, the Holocaust is the only historical ever that is actually ILLEGAL to question the validity of. People go to jail every year throughout Europe for daring to question the narrative that the Holocaust happened.

Weird, I always thought truth didn't fear questioning.

No but defending retarded useless pet theories is retarded. In the current state of our knowledge about Shakepeare the "alternate writer" theories are very niche at best. They shouldn't be forbidden but they're given way more credit than they deserve.

Yeah those laws are stupid, hopefully they'll be taken down soon. The historical scholarship speaks for itself, this is not the 1960s. Even Raul Hillberg said negationism was a 80s thing anyway.

>hopefully they'll be taken down soon
Don't count on it goyim. Also the entire reason it's illegal to question or investigate the Holocaust is precisely because it didn't happen, but there is to much at stake for the world elite to ever let the world recognize this.

an early version of a jew writing room

It's on my bucket list to publicly question the holohoax in Germany.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: angry pepe 5.jpg (500x500, 39K)