Who else black Yea Forums here? do you have any black friends? what do you like to read...

who else black Yea Forums here? do you have any black friends? what do you like to read? do you talk shit about the black community on this board? do you feel alienated here?

Attached: 94C7EE74-AF44-45A0-9F69-2EDD5DE5EA84.jpg (1217x1600, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s05g0mQGcP9b
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basking_in_reflected_glory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BLACK
WHITE
RED
GREEN

I used have a black friend when I was middle school. We used to play silly cringeworthy pranks on each other like hiding each other's backpacks or using red food coloring to trick people into thinking we were bleeding. One time we all had to give presentations in class about made up food products (I don't remember the exact purpose of this exercise) and we kept asking every presenter if the product was FDA approved. For some reason we thought that was hilarious.

We also attended an after school program together, at a nearby high school and we'd always stop at a convenience store to buy snacks. Thinking back on it now, I realize that he was even poorer than I was because we'd often share snacks with a third friend (who was jewish and upper middle class) and he'd rarely, if ever, buy anything.

We even had a secret handshake.

I knew a black guy. He used to wear black shirts and black shoes. He drove a black car and had white friends. The white friends wore white clothes, and lived in white houses that’s walls were all white.

Am mixed. I try not to think in terms of race, but black pepole tend to be nicer to me than white people, so that’s nice. The uni I go to doesn’t have any black people save for football players, so I don’t get to hang out with them often.

This is sweet, what happened to him?

What do you think of instead of race.

Fellow mixed bro what's good. Do you look more black or are you just ambiguously brown like me?

I don't know. We went to separate high schools and I never heard from him again. I've tried looking him up online but he has a very generic name so I haven't had much luck.

Wherever he is, I hope he's doing well. He used to make unbelievable claims about his father (e.g that he was the founder of Chase Manhattan Bank), but I realize now that his father probably walked out on him and he was embarrassed about it and just wanted to fit in everybody else.

I’m white, and the black people considered white by other blacks—usually called oreos—are usually very friendly and made up the majority of my friends in high school and middle school. I absolutely hate black people that try to emulate street-culture though, but so did my other black friends. I’ve also seen plenty of white kids try to act in that way growing up, and I would say that the white kids attempting emulate it are even worse than the black kids doing it, simply because they aren’t put down by their race for not acting in that manner.

I have been surrounded by white people most of my life (mom is white, I was in gifted programs, I’m in an elite (VERY white) school etc). Since I was never around people like me, I don’t really consider people “a different race”, because I was always the different one.
Depends, I’m like Hispanic tan and if my hair is short I’ve been told I could pass as Hispanic easily. When my hair is long you can pretty easily tell I’m part black though lol.

I was one of these Oreos, but there was often an expectation from some whites and blacks to act more inline with “blackness”. Didn’t do wonders to my identity issues to be honest. White kids saying they were more “black” than me made me want to cave their skulls in.

so are you the guys that always push the "rap is poetry", or "rap is a lit genere" type of threads?

JK.

Any sort of noticeably affected performance of cultural identity will be embarrassing. There’s no need to “hate” it. People want validation, insecurity is natural, just ignore it and avoid letting your second-hand embarrassment ripen into spite for the race.

It sucks you had to be surrounded by white people your whole life. I think ignoring race is self-antagonizing for black people because the societal reality of it effects us regardless.

Get rid of the “Oreo” concept, all it does is cause black separatism. If you’re black you’re black and you have your interests. Blackness is an ever-morphing essence, subject to individualistic revisions as one grows. Fuck any white kid who said they were blacker than you, all idiots.

I'm white. Half of my childhood friends have been black. When I was a child I never thought about race at all. Something about growing up within society really corrupts the soul. I will only be friends with a black man nowadays if they're a total oreo, or they identify as an individual over a group. Ghetto culture and black power both seem cheap to me, I can't be friends with anybody who speaks in ebonics or identifies with black power.

No, I think it’s just white kids baiting. Some rap has more of the poetic quality than others though. Nas, Andre 3k, GZA, etc.

What about black power and vernacular bothers you?

People trying too hard to "be street" is inauthentic and makes me cringe. If you want to communicate more complex thoughts you are forced to abandon ebonics. I get the feeling that people who identify with black power(at least on social media) care more about the self-righteous appearance than they care about actually fixing anything, it disgusts me.

>There’s no need to “hate” it
> just ignore it
>avoid letting your second-hand embarrassment ripen into spite for the race
No, I will continue to hate street culture. If we all had the philosophy of “just ignore it”, nothing would change, and all the sensible black people I meet hate it as well. I understand why it’s a thing, and I don’t blame the race nor do I believe that acting uncivilized is an innate feature to any race, but that does not change the fact that it exists, and it does not change the fact that it needs to be reprimanded by both blacks and whites in order for a change to take place. It would make sense if all the people trying to act “street” were living in ghettos and being pervaded by poverty; I could understand that. But what I see is a social problem of the less intelligent blacks thinking that acting like animals is cool, and in order for that to change hate is a requirement.

Thanks blackanon, I needed this

Black guy here. I'm considered as an oreo just like user previously mentioned. My relationship with blacks and whites is very complex. Being that i'm from the south, i''ve been around blacks my whole life. I went to an all black college and recently graduated from there. My experience there was nauseating to say the least. Most of the time i think that there's no hope for black people, but that doesn't make me want to conform to the uncle tom stereotype that is usually associated with blacks like me. I feel whites are worse off, because their hatred of theirselves is destroying themselves. the younger generation doesn't want to be white culturally, and i see more of them dating non-whites as time go by.Western European culture has contributed the most in the overarching human history. It baffles me why would a race that contributed so much to our species would be such a self flagellating race of people. And just to pander to a lesser developed culture just because of previous antagonisms in the past? Especially when the culture in question wouldn't give you that kind of grievance if the situation was on the other foot. I feel i'm in the middle of these conflict, because i don't confirm neatly in any of these races. There are times i feel like i am an anomaly, as i never met another black person who is like me. With the same interests or perspective on the world.

Why are there so many racists in burgerland

- maybe acting rough sell more discs. Like violence in movies, or pitbulls.
- Maybe acting rough is an strategy to survive in such context.

anyway, hope you are not pro gun ban.

Black power, whether a reactionary form of narcissism, or authentic love for community & liberation, is a logical means of self-preservation in response to the history of our American & global struggle. To best understand the philosophy behind black power / liberation I recommend reading from the wealth of literature we’ve produced on the subject. Harold Cruse is a good author to start with. Don’t let prejudices built from social media guide you.

And as far as linguistics goes, I think it’s obvious that lower class vernacular isn’t very efficient for communicating complexities in any language. I don’t see how that’s even worth mentioning though. Black vernacular has its place in society just like any other aspect of class and culture. It diversifies the English language in a way that democratizes communication and uniquely aestheticizes it.

My reply addresses the “street” thing.

Despite the negativity, you were making sense up until the last line. No, hate isn’t a requirement to influence change. I’m not sure where you got that idea, what history proves tit? There are many aspects of black culture to refine, and all attempts / progress made has been the result of compassion and dedication. Black liberation movements are not born out of hatred, you’re just making excuses for your spite. I don’t really know why.

they care more about fixing things than you do. it's clear that you think of black culture as inherently inferior since you believe black language can not convey "complex thoughts." you're basically a racist in denial, at best.

I’m the user you quoted, I think I feel the same. I really don’t hate black people, but their societal contributions make them hard to defend. I think this and the stereotypes of white = intelligence, black = athletic made me gravitate toward acting “white”. I feel like if I was white I’d probably be a full on MAGA /pol/ Jew hater, but he fact that I’m black gives me a differing perspective. I believe there are more black people like us than is apparent, because we are not really vocal out of fear of prosecution. I want to be a black leader in order to make it so we can proudly declare our race in the future, especially with the decline of White culture most likely being linked to us.

There is no need to act “rough” when they’re living in nice middle class neighborhoods, user. I am pro-gun and heavily libertarian.

> hate isn’t a requirement to influence change
I think you have some romanticized ideas about how humans, especially uncivilized ones, change. Have you ever lived in the ghetto? Ever met any of the people there? They don’t understand compassion; compassion is weakness to them.

You're a lot more optimistic than me, because in the long run i don't think there's hope for either race. My girlfriend is white(well at least 75%, the other part of her is a quarter Mexican) So i really have no stake in this fight. At this point in my life i'm just trying to find personal happiness and not let macro issues such as the decline of western civilization bother me too much.

>stop being a nigger, be a good little black boy
Is the gist of your argument, which, 2bh, has been repeated by the slavemaster for 400 years. Your idea of "being civilized" and "sensible" is nothing more than white supremacy reasserting its own dominance. As James Baldwin said, "every black person I know hates white people. But that shouldn't matter to the whites." Indeed, it shouldn't. You talk about change as if progress happens automatically, as if Martins and Malcolms and Medgars don't need to be murdered in the process. But this is naive. To say that hate and "being uncivilized" must be eliminated is only to say you don't recognize the reality of the situation. Telling black people to be civilized is nothing more than telling them to be complicit in their own ongoing destruction.

oh ok.
But I see tough attitude everywhere, not just black guys, navy seals for instance. This is a savage world IMO.

hey brother, behave. be a gud goy. And dont listen to snop dog.

Oh please you’re not an anomaly. You’re a pety bourgeois negro intellectual, a party whose been historically antagonistic to the black liberation struggle due to their internalized racism and capitalistic fantasies, but unfortunately, possesses valuable assets to the cause (money and education). Read the crisis of the Negro Intellectual by Harold Cruse, then Blood In My Eye by George Jackson. These may help you better understand your position in the community as seen by other black people. Don’t worry, I’ve experienced this absurd feeling too. “It seems I am the only negro in the world who is not brainwashed by liberal media, reads books, and has a distinct, fresh brand of critical race theory.” We aren’t that special, we are just individualists that are better off radicalizing ourselves for the betterment of the black community than wallowing in feelings of cultural alienation from others. As I said before, blackness is ever-morphing, and your mind isn’t a new one to strike the community. Read more from black academics and revolutionaries. Don't betray your people because you feel intellectually fragmented.

>acting civilized is being a “good little black boy”
Alright buddy. When intelligent white and black people unite under one banner and purge you fucks, people spouting self-destructive nonsense like yourself will be the first to go.

>it baffles me why a race that contributed so much to our species would be such a self flagellating race of people
First of all, don't conflate Americans and Europeans. Second, stop thinking all white people are equivalent.

I think it's telling that you believe intelligent society and mass murder are mutually coherent concepts.

>Harold Cruse is a good author to start with. Don’t let prejudices built from social media guide you.
Sounds reasonable. Might read.
>And as far as linguistics goes, I think it’s obvious that lower class vernacular isn’t very efficient for communicating complexities in any language.
The language may have started in the lower class but the middle class glorifies ebonics now.
>Black vernacular has its place in society just like any other aspect of class and culture. It diversifies the English language in a way that democratizes communication and uniquely aestheticizes it.
What do you mean by black vernacular? I do know that black people have created many American words. I do not believe that words created by black people are inherently bad, I only think of modern ebonics as retarded.

I had a black roommate in college.
He repeatedly got himself into legal trouble and somehow managed to get out of it every time. Overall though he’s a great, honest guy and he’s doing well now as an engineer and I’m happy for him.
People underestimate how much of an impact someone’s upbringing has on their behavior, and unfortunately black Americans tend to have really disorganized/messy childhoods for a variety of reasons. I really wish it was different.
It’s fun to make jokes on the internet about nogs noggin but at the end of the day I don’t believe it has anything to do with race and has everything to do with broken families and a shit education system

verb
rid (someone or something) of an unwanted quality, condition, or feeling.
remove (a group of people considered undesirable) from an organization or place in an abrupt or violent way.

This does not necessarily mean a mass murder, but people who refuse to be exiled will be murdered, yes. How else do you remove a group of people that understand nothing but violence? Compassion and a reasoned argument?

Yes I lived in the ghetto and am in the runs to teach there. I went to school full of ghetto black boys. Compassion isn’t a weakness to people in the ghetto, it’s just so often intensely compartmentalized as a means to survive to the point that it seems to diminish in some. Any group of people frequently killing, stealing, and intoxicating themselves is obviously crying out for liberation from their problems. Do you honestly think anyone wants to become savage to adopt to their environment? What more would you want than food and warmth in that situation, truly? Talk to people from the hood about the issues in their community, their experiences trying to survive. Many people are very obviously traumatized and deprived of compassion. It’s in the music, the conversations, the actions, You speak from clear, willful ignorance.

Oh shut up. I've read all of that "negro radical" literature which is basically warmed over marxist criticism that's been said by others countless times. I'm not a radical, and being one is not going to change the situation for blacks. You're name dropping all of these Marxist "intellectuals" but have you read anything by Marcuse or just paid attention to mainstream media in the last i don't know, 30 years? The revolution has long passed and was televised. The mechanisms of the state and the culture industry have long neutered any far-left radical movement. When you have black people making a liberation movement based on a Marvel movie any attempt at rasing class conscious at that point is futile.

There is a difference between a tough attitude and a rough attitude: one is good and necessary to survive in this day and age; one seeks to be like animals.

That's pretty funny that you think black people understand nothing but violence. Does your memory not extend before your own life? Do you believe that slavemasters treated blacks with compassion?
>it doesn't necessarily mean mass murder, just murder of everyone who doesn't want to leave
it's like you can't hear yourself

Quality thread with no racist shit-flinging for once. I'm a myself nonblack, so I ask just out of curiosity: how many of you blackanons met black people from other countries? Particularly from Africa. It seems cultural differences are huge.

Also there is a lot of talk about black street culture and how this is considered the "blackest" culture by most.
But isn't it strange when you consider the civil rights movement was highly disciplined and organized, and had as a front figure a theologian that drew influence from both Jesus and Nietzsche while being a skilled orator?
Clearly black people have already shown, in the past, about sixty years go, that they were capable of being collectively disciplined, focused and principled (at least on the scale of the civil right movements, which is a feat even whites and asians dont achieve so easily). Even the more violent Black Panther movement was principled, it's not like violent revolutionary movements are an uniquely black thing, and anyway that kind of things was part of the political dynamic of the time.

So why is the meme that being black is about being ghetto so prevalent now?

Why are the more intellectually-inclined black considered "white-like", "oreos" and not "MLK-style"? For that matter why don't people talk more about black philosophers or writers (thinking of enligthnement-era Amo here, but also Césaire, Senghor, etc.) ? Whenever a TV show or a fantasy book by a black author gets out there's a wealth of commentary, but somehow philosphers are ignored even as the idea of the nerdy black guy becomes a accepted part of our culture.

I'm pretty ignorant about this obviously so even a basic take would enlighten me.

There's a difference between Malcolm X and NBA youngboy. I have never heard anything truly intelligent that has been said in ebonics. I am assuming that you're a troll if you think everybody who dislike ebonics is racist.

Attached: 59121265_141350557006012_4400163110562939788_n.jpg (480x480, 36K)

Literally nothing racist about it.

People on here tend to think that being mixed means you live your life as an isolated outsider to every culture in a constant identity crisis but in reality it means that every ethnic restaurant thinks you're one of them and treats you like a homie. It rules. Love getting discount Afghani food.

There’s not. There is a lack of understanding maybe, but the vast majority of people are not racists here. Skin color is not taken into account on a day to day basis in interactions between the vast majority of people.
America is probably the least racist country on earth.

Ebonics sounds subhuman and I'm an ESL not an American.

This is an awful post.

Your belief that white supremacist society will reform itself without any input from black radicals is profoundly uncle tommish

then why is Europe superior to Africa in every way?

>i'm an ESL
why would you say some shit that makes your opinion less qualified?

You’re missing the point. Cruse isn’t a Marxist, the book in question is an intracommunal critique on these issues of our leadership that YOU would probably agree with. Jackson isn’t an intellectual, he’s just to the point of letting you know your kind is well noted and hardly enigmatic, but in need of redirection for higher duties. I haven’t read Marcuse, and I’m not here to scare you off. But the individualistic “woe is me, the only smart negro” attitude is just wack. You’re obviously well read, why are you thinking about how distant your are from us instead of how you can effect even the smallest thing positively? If you understand the situation so much, why aren’t you thinking about what you can improve on? But it’s best you just fawn over yourself and isolate from the group huh? You suffer whether you act or do not act. Why not share what you know and innovate with others?

It honestly has everything to do with slavery and how the union fucked up reconstruction. Also the false prosperity of the 40s and 50s really set things back for (particularly) southern working class black folk. There was a lot of anti-racist labor unions in the South during the early 20th century that fell wayside as the Klan gained power and unions lost power.

>ambiguously brown
That's me. I have an afro though, so people generally know.

Also, on topic, one time on the train I saw a black guy (seemingly in early 20s) with a few self help books in front of him, and he was reading one about becoming more confident or something. I wanted to give him the whole "be yourself" spiel, but I probably would've seemed too autistic.

Lmao

Look up Fred Hampton dude

how does it to belong a worthless race that has produced nothing of value

Modern Africa itself had a messy childhood, and the abusive parent was Europe.

>uncle tommish
I despise people like you. Imagine being so ill-equipped to refute criticism that you have to resort to a patronizing and dehumanizing ad hominem. Neck yourself.

A lot of reasons, yes Africans are in general lower IQ than Europeans and I have no doubt that plays a part in it.
But I am talking about black people in America, who we have plenty of evidence are capable of functioning as normal adults when placed in the right circumstances

>Compassion isn’t a weakness to people in the ghetto, it’s just so often intensely compartmentalized as a means to survive to the point that it seems to diminish in some
I understand where you’re coming from, I really do, and if somehow a change can take place through compassion, then that is the preferable way of going about this. However, I am extremely skeptical of such a thing being a possibility. It is truly sad that their environment has made them into sociopaths, and I don’t believe that’s their fault, but for the greater good of the people I think it’s more realistic to enact a radical change through hate.

Because it ebonics sounds subhuman for an ESL so I can't imagine how retarded it must sound to someone with a native grasp of English.

Is the same thing. or you tell me where is the line.

>muh colonialism
watch wakanda isn't real by alt hype

cope

No one has to be a part of your 'group' if they don't want to.

Latin America had a messy childhood as well yet it as produced a greater body of literature than Africa.

"Uncle Tom" and "pety bourgeois negro intellectual" are both insults that the small-minded, over-socialized hivemind victims will use to shame you into agreeing with them. I'm sure you already know that. I don't fit into any group either. The hispanics believe me to be white, while the whites believe me to be hispanic. I am grateful to be part of neither group if this is what spared me from becoming part of the un-questioning hivemind like everyone else. I would rather be alone and have the ability to think critically, rather than the opposite.

Uneducated white peoples want to feel superior, so they target blacks as inferior, they also can only comprehend race relations as stereotypical and “us vs them”. The few native Africans I’ve met are very affable and generally kind since there is no “toughen up” culture. As for philosophy, there have been plenty of recognized black thinkers, but we are often considered as political and religious thinkers rather than overarching “theoretical philosophers”. Simply put, black people are more prone to philosophize about readily present issues due to a generalized antagonism toward them, making practical answers more important. We can think about metaphysics and epistemology, and do, but simply there are more pressing matters for black people.

Good post

ITT people LARPing as niggers

kek

Because i've tried and honestly i'm fed up at this point. I don't hate being black, or my race for that matter. My pessimism is a result of years trying to help black people and show them the strings that control them, but they don't care. They get hostile with me like i'm the one who's trying to harm them. So if you don't care, i don't care. I'm happier now that i don't even bother with stuff like that anymore. Whites just make it worse because the encourage this behavior.

Jesus christ, this.

>That's pretty funny that you think black people understand nothing but violence.
I understand that it’s hard to know which poster posted what, but I never said black people as a whole should be removed. I said that the ones acting “street” should be removed.

I’m not going to reply formally to more posts until I get home from work, but I’m open to opinions and will try to respond when I get back.

Your experience is not the experience of everyone else. If every mixed person disagrees with you, have you ever thought that you have a unique experience?

>who else black Yea Forums here?
I read some African literature a while back.

>do you have any black friends?
No, mainly because there are barely any black people in Scotland.

>what do you like to read?
Scottish authors mostly, I also like a lot of modern American fiction like Raymond Carver and Tom Wolfe. Read a lot of short stories, and poetry from any era.

>do you talk shit about the black community on this board?
No, never have. I’m glad the blue boards aren’t anywhere near as racist as they used to be years back.

>do you feel alienated here?
No, I can generally always find something to talk about on Yea Forums.

Attached: 69472822-9E51-40C2-94D5-18FDDE05A1FF.jpg (968x681, 39K)

Not that messy. Spaniards were not as bad as anglos as colonizers.

Hah! I love you user. I would be friends with you irl.
Checked
Checked

>He used to make unbelievable claims about his father (e.g that he was the founder of Chase Manhattan Bank)

Aww. I remember a few kids like that in school, although you just reminded me of the biggest bullshitter who would make claims like his Dad worked for Sony so he got a PS2 six months before release, although nobody was allowed to see it of course even if they went to his house.

My good friend told me when he was at the lad’s house aged 13 he showed him a video he had found of his parents having sex, no wonder he was so fucked up.

>I would be friends with you irl.
Yea, I bet. I used to have a friend who thought like you. He writes for the Atlantic now so go fig. Keep it up, it'll take you far.

Appreciated.

Many of its great writers were sons or grandsons of recently immigrated Europeans. Borges' grandparents were English, Portuguese and Spanish, Bioy Casares' grandfather was French and born on French soil. There were many mixed blood as well, but overall the linguistic and cultural connection with the metropolis was strong, well entrenched and unbroken. So Latin American literature is a close offshoot of European literature.

In that respect it's like the US, they are a different and much younger nation than England, but their literature was kickstarted by that of England because the settlers where descendant of Europeans who had kept a cultural and linguistic connection with the continent for centuries.

In Africa you see the destruction of older structures among natives (not to say they were all good, but they formed a wealth of traditions) by newer structures imposed by the Europeans, with Europeans methods, for Europeans purposes, and relatively little integration of natives into those concerns. The mixing was also much less extensive than in Latin America for what we can judge.

That plus the fact that what we call literature is more typical of densely populated urban civilizations (Europe, Asia, the Middle East) already explains a lot. Africains had their own form of wordsmithing and storytelling, but they don't look a lot like ours.

I won't pretend the phenomenon is explained entirely by what I've exposed here, but I think it's something to chew on and that it is already a lot.

Colonialism is a real and not so distant part of history, and colonial clientelism survives to this day. I dont see what fictional Wakanda or the internet memes about it have to do here.
Nonarguments don't benefit anyone.

Ok thanks for your aswer. Do you have any knowledge about either precolonial African thinking or modern black (African or otherwise) thinkers that have been recognized? Any rec will be fine.

> The mixing was also much less extensive than in Latin America for what we can judge.
Can't blame the Euros lmao who would want to impregnate a nignog.

I don't have many blacks friends, but the closest I have is a very goofy Senegalese guy who recently got a PhD in mathematics and who, when drunk, start getting off into surprisingly coherent philosophical tangent. Also he's very thin and more than six feet high so he's impossible not to notice.

Yea Forumswise he's strange as well. Neither pleb nor patrician nor in the middle. He says all fiction from Dostoivsky to manga bores him (not that he's prejudiced against it, he just can't get interested by it). He much prefer history to fiction but what he likes best is reading mathematics (in textbooks, articles, scholarly review or foundational works).

I guess he's a peculiar kind of autist, but he also has a lot of friends and a hot gf so I don't know really.

>Many of its great writers were sons or grandsons of recently immigrated Europeans. Borges' grandparents were English, Portuguese and Spanish, Bioy Casares' grandfather was French and born on French soil. There were many mixed blood as well, but overall the linguistic and cultural connection with the metropolis was strong, well entrenched and unbroken. So Latin American literature is a close offshoot of European literature
Thats only two writers. And they view themselves as Argentine because in reality that's what they were. Also, their ancestors weren't artists or writers but common folks or military. You're equating culture with blood which is misguided and delusional.

For precolonial and native Africa I’d look to Ethiopia, as for modern black American tinkers there are an excess, google will give you more but here are a few:
Stephen L Carter
James H Cone
Henry Louis Gates Jr

you know it's all fuckin magaminds behind this shit. pic very related

Attached: l5yqctn2wxa31.jpg (1024x2048, 121K)

mixed as well
its a struggle to fit in, considering most blacks think “i’m not black enough” and whites are just their usual racist selves

Attached: 797B67BD-5D4F-4E6C-8046-31BAC5637AC6.jpg (960x918, 104K)

watch the video you stupid nigger

or maybe you are just an insufferable cunt.

maybe ur right ;)

Attached: 330D3DEC-F2C9-4C56-9CA2-9525C0C8CD03.png (660x868, 906K)

About there being barely any black people in Scotland - they make up 0.7% of the population here now - I just remembered how my mum told me about the black man who moved to her street when she was a kid. He was a minor local celebrity and everyone wanted to know and talk to him. Kids would follow him and ask him questions about where he came from, what he ate and whatnot. Nobody actually intended to be racist and he seemingly didn’t take it that way, apparently he was very amicable and well liked.

You don’t really hear of much racism against black people in Scotland. A Scots Jewish historian, I forget his name, made the claim Scotland is the one of the only countries in the world with no history of persecution towards the Jews despite having a sizeable Jewish population in some areas.

I’m not saying we’re a beacon of tolerance and progressiveness here but generally we don’t seem to have as much of a bee in our bonnet about race or culture as the rest of the UK or much of Europe. We do have a sizeable Asian population (both Indian and oriental) so it’s not that there are no people from foreign climates for people to get pissed off about.

i grew up with a black friend in a white community and used to make a ton of racist jokes at his expense. my justification was something like "i know im not racist, and he knows im not racist, so it's ok". on the face of it he took them like we took any joke in those days. but looking back on it i feel shame and guilt, and it's been hard for me to come to terms with the fact that the jokes weren't from an innocent place but from a genuine spirit of racism.
on one hand i feel the need to apologize, confess to him, on the other i feel i have to live with what i did, on a man to man level i know this friend would never want to see me grovelling for absolution and i know he would also never forgive it. i just hope he understands i love him anyway and i always did.

Just never make those jokes again and you’ll be fine. I’ve been the black friend in those situations, this is the best thing you could do.

An apology doesn’t require grovelling, it requires maturity and sincerity. If you are still in touch you should just get it off your chest.

I have a hot black gf who hates reading but plays violin professionally at a high level. I'm very well-read and write poetry and our deep interest in art as well as our differences are very stimulating.

My girlfriend has the same issue, it doesn't help that she barely even looks mixed (I myself thought she was Hispanic when I first saw her, many friends thought she was Indian, but she really doesn't look like she fits well under any race/ethnicity). She definitely felt lonely in high school and college.

IM GONNA SAY IT

how can i sound more melanated?

This
The right has made things such as self criticism, self doubt, repentance as something shameful. It's really a sign of character and strength. Most people don't get as far as you--realizing that they've done something wrong, and actually feeling bad about it, wanting to improve their moral standards for the sake of kindness and virtue itself.
Like something like that, reaching out, is difficult. I remember how I ran into a guy a couple years ago who bullied me in middle school, and the dude actually apologized for it with sincerity. It meant a lot, honestly, all the more because he was clearly had mediated on it, and felt uncomfortable even talking about his younger self. It's the right thing, and it's hard.

By the way I just have to say as an honest to goodness (slightly drunk) lefty it warms my sentimental cockles to see a thread about race on Yea Forums that has erudite and compassionate responses. There is hope.

>inb4 vomit

Attached: B4373F90-A3AE-44F5-8F0F-57E660F6AED9.jpg (1024x788, 294K)

No, I guess you're right. Maybe I'm only being evasive and trying to excuse myself by thinking he wouldn't want to hear an apology. But it would be a difficult thing to raise. It's not like we ever had a falling out over it. It's not an elephant in the room in our relationship, it would be excavating my own wrongdoing from the past. On one hand, he might appreciate knowing what I did was wrong. But I don't really expect him to say it's OK because I don't think it is. But then I don't want to bow myself before him to no productive end. I think he would see this as a sign of weakness. Our relationship was a beefy and hyper masculine one. If there is some channel to proper apology I don't think I know it. I fear coming off as somehow cynically virtue signalling, or erasing him as a friend and replacing him with a black identity.

Honestly, you really are overthinking it? Do you drink? Get drunk with him, succinctly and sincerely give him your apology, have a laugh over it and feel the burden float away.

You are what's wrong with the left, and with Yea Forums. Instead of actually putting something valuable into an actually good conversation, or at least not shitting it up, you stand above it in a weirdly paternalistic fashion in order to say how PROUD you are that people are discussing race in a matter that you agree with. Why do you feel the need to do this?

Attached: Live footage of OP.jpg (960x492, 56K)

NIGGER

i overthink things. you're right. thanks.

>who else black Yea Forums here?
Alas it was not my fate to be melanin enriched

>do you have any black friends?
Just the one.
>what do you like to read?
All sorts.
>do you talk shit about the black community on this board?
I don't feel the necessity.
>do you feel alienated here?
I feel alienated everywhere.

If this is a trend with all black people then this is a you problem especially if you were born and raised in America.

You should proably get over your self and be authentic. The number 1 rule in the black community is to be authentic no one likes a fake ass bitch.

I’ve already partaken in the conversation at several points, now shove your tired popular Asian cuisine bean memes up your arsehole. :)

They should just say house nigger, honestly.

>Asian cuisine bean memes
Say what you like about the the redditfag but that is hell of a rhyme.

This strikes me as Pynchonean.

Anecdotally I traveled around Ireland in 2011 and stayed at a hostel on an island ran by a black guy. He was very popular. One time someone addressed him a thank you letter as "black guy on the hill" and he received it. He cooked for all of us and was a fair but stern host. It would be awesome to go back.

I somehow doubt it. If they were magaminds they wouldn't be able to say intelligent shit

Sounds great fun man, where was this?

Sorry, going on a bit of a tangent - I love good hosts at small family run places like that, when I was in Japan I stayed at this guest house on the island of Miyajima, the elderly host was so incredibly sweet and hospitable, I was coming down with a cold and he was quite happy for me to lounge about playing songs on his guitar and watch the sun set in his garden, have a wee blather about my trip and asked questions Scotland. Spoke great English.

A lot of Japanese people are really keen on Scotland and very inquisitive, had some funny interactions with folk. Often the response is “Ahhh Sukottorando, whisky hai!?”, one of the more unusual responses was from a 60 year old businessman I had a few drinks with - “bagpipes very very cool!” and he spoke of his lifelong ambition to see the Edinburgh tattoo.

Attached: 5E171280-03AD-4CEC-9378-644A63EA9EDC.jpg (2250x3000, 1.68M)

Texas says otherwise

>Thats only two writers

to be fair, if you look at pictures of pablo neruda and gabriel garcia marquez they don't look like they have any indian blood either. look like pure european/spanish blood.

I've have a few black friends and cousins. Spent the better part of growing up and currently live in an extremely racist, very white area. Barely maintained dirt roads with Confederate battle flags everywhere, kkk hq is but a hop a skip and a jump away. I like black people, probably more than white people. My trouble is that the interactions I have with black people are marred by a pretext of racism. The weird thing is I never had this problem with latino people, I drove about 40 miles to get to middle school and high school which was a 40/60 mix of latinos and whites, and lived in a latino neighborhoods in socal when I moved away, since 2016 my relations with latino strangers have been soured by race relations as well. my few black friends in highschool were hard to keep considering all the friends that lived near me were racist shithead's. As a side, I'm a big fan of the nword puss.
>I feel whites are worse off, because their hatred of theirselves is destroying themselves. the younger generation doesn't want to be white culturally, and i see more of them dating non-whites as time go by.Western European culture has contributed the most in the overarching human history
This is a load of shit. I consider most white people pathetic leaches. White people are spuds. racialism is not a valid taxonomy and races are not cultures. Most 'white' people live to watch TV and play videogames. Not that I hate white people, I think they are the same as anyone else. What pisses me off about 'white culture'(white supremacy) is that it allows worthless people to have a false sense of superiority just because they are white, black people aren't like that. I honestly can't tell if you are a rping white supremacist or a megacucked spade.

Self hating :/

I want to write about African Americans eating together. What are some fun tropes you'd like to see? Do you all have special ways to ask for things be passed around?
t. Melanated IT guy from Ireland

Heck, I would read that. Seems like an untapped market. I don't really have any special way of speaking but I probably say things like "Hey can you pass the x?" a lot.
When it comes to tropes I would just say try to make a diverse cast of characters in terms of personality. A kind of cast of characters that makes you wonder how everyone knows each other.

I'm horribly caucasian (Franco-Germanic mixed with Scotts-Irish), but I do have many friends of African persuasion.

hot sauce on everything

Do you guys find Invisible Man funny? I found a lot of sadistic humor at the expense of the narrator whose universe seemed constantly working against him. I was the only one in my all white class who raised this point and it was met with uneasiness, like my laughing at the misforutne of the narrator was my laughing at or celebrating the misofortunes of blacks at large. But it was written by a black man! And I am sure it was written to be funny. To me it was like Kafka, and I'm not laughing at "The Trial" because I think K. deserves to die. Or is it only meant to be funny to other blacks? Like 'we can laugh at our struggle, but when you do it it's violence'.

???

Attached: 9784871876353_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg (263x406, 17K)

I mentioned two that I know of, there are plenty others.
>And they view themselves as Argentine because in reality that's what they were.
Nothing to do with my point, or with the point I was answering to.

>Also, their ancestors weren't artists or writers but common folks or military.
That was the case for many Europeans as well. And Bioy Casares' family was actually well-educated already in France, he was intelligentsia from the get-go. No surprise he became a European-lite writer (in the sense of writing the kind of literature Europeans can like or recognise).

>You're equating culture with blood
No, I'm explicitly talking about linguistic and cultural connection all over my post. You obviously have a strong cultural connexion with the parents who raised you, and to a lesser extent with the parents who raised them.

Thanks. I've been curious about Ethiopa for a long time, it seems the country comes up quite often in discussion about ancient traditions.

I've watched the first half. It makes non-completely retarded (if debatable) points. It has pretty much nothing to do with my point however. The idea that Africa was "economically productive" during and thanks to colonization doesn't mean colonized Africa should have magically developed an European-lite literary tradition from scratch, or that contemporary post-colonial clientelism right now isn't having a bad effect on African society.

This is pretty surprising, do you think you have an explanation for it?

can i get an n word pass?

natacha

That's the best you're gooing to get today so savor it.

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE

Not black but a Berber with distant SSA ancestry. I don’t have any black/ African friends. Horror fiction and depressing literature/ Niztche, anyone similar to Schopenhauer, Guenon, Evola, or Nietzsche.
I’ve never wrongfully insulted or looked down upon any person for African descent on Yea Forums or any other place regardless of the circumstance.

Personally I think I can relate to a lot of people here. It certainly beats jerking off to traps and reading YA books.

this. smoking crack and abandoning children are fundamental parts of black identity. trying to change that is genocide.

Black guy here, all my friends are white and I know only a single black person that I'm not related to. I've been called an anomaly by my friends, because I don't like chicken, like to read, am not athletic and apparently most people believe I know almost everything because I read homer(they don't even know who he is) and have a interest in occultism. I even had a british friend that joked that I was whiter than him.

Black people don't write books though?

Attached: 1429756814973.jpg (248x271, 23K)

Because this might the right thread, is Thomas Chatterton Williams worth reading?

Attached: Thomas Chatterton Williams.jpg (1200x861, 119K)

*right thread to ask

Shut the fuck up. Scotland is a country completely split along ethnic loyalties. Irish vs English, Protestant vs Catholic.

And have you forgotten about the case in Glasgow where 4 pakistanis killed that young boy specifically because he was white and they admitted that was the reason.

You're a fucking twat shut up don't present some false image about the country.

Take a breather before you post next time pal, I wasn’t talking about sectarianism or isolated incidents and at no point did I say a word of a lie. If you think Scotland has the anywhere near the same foaming mouthed EDL dreaming of lost empire bullshit as England though you are a fool.

Nigger la creatura alert

What is "poetic quality"?

>African
>literature
Pick one.

Africa was illiterate before Europeans came and colonized them, so there is no "African literature". There is however literature written by Africans with European Latin characters and following European traditions of literature.

Attached: b60.jpg (378x481, 60K)

And by Africa I mean Black Africa here. Just to be clear before some idiot start saying "muh North Africans"(when indigenous North Africans like the Berbers are Caucasoid)

>Black power
What's wrong with self-determination, self-help, sovereignty and progress of the Black people?

I have had black friends but that was in school and, like many of my friends black or white, I haven’t kept up with them over the years.

I have been accused of being “uppity” by a black woman but I think she misinterpreted my autism

>our American & global struggle
The evil caricature of pre-Emancipation America that is perpetuated by our schools and media is a product of abolitionist wartime propoganda.

>there is no western music, Africans were banging away on bongo drums long before Mozart put quill to paper

>He used to make unbelievable claims about his father (e.g that he was the founder of Chase Manhattan Bank), but I realize now that his father probably walked out on him and he was embarrassed about it and just wanted to fit in everybody else.
I knew a kid who did that too, and in reality his dad was a drunk who slapped his family around.

I'm not sure what you are trying to convey. Modern Black Africans have nothing to do with archaic humans, and are just as distanced from them as White people are. Music and percussions are very old and were done by common ancestors of both Westerners and modern day Black Africans, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. It just seems like a dumb, ignorant sarcasm. You do nothing here but displaying your immense ignorance of music, history and genetics.

Well the Berbers are also African and were also colonized, so your warning is not for idiots only.
I really like your picture. Wonderful example of cherry-picking from other sources that are themselves caricatures. I might even steal it.

Interesting thread. White Canadian here, who spent a few years down in the USA, I feel bad for all of you blacks down there. I’ve often thought that America has some kind of schizophrenia or mental disorder effecting it’s national consciousness, where it forces its black people to play the role of id and whites to play the roll of super-ego. Something about Puritanism probably.

Any attempts to allude to the fact that I was Canadian, with a markedly different historical tradition and subtly different culture was usually met with accusations of racism from the white anglos, who saw me as attempting to distance myself from their weird Puritanical moralism and guilt complexes (which I was, by god those people are freaks). Very hard to express myself sexually too, with expectations of formally asking if I could go for a kiss and all the kinds of dumb sexual hysteria which happen in no other country but is taken for granted there— the overarching expectation that anything less than a eunuch is a potential threat. On the inverse side, blacks seem pretty hyper-sexualized down there, which I resented a lot while living there but I’m sure that it’s equally annoying. The constant antagonism and desire to essentialism is grating.

It’s annoying how many opportunists there are on all sides, people who happily stroke racial tensions and divisions in order to line their own pockets. Of course pointing this out gets you labeled as alternatively a “racist” or “race-traitor” by the mob. All you can really do is float above the crowd, remove yourself from all but the most basic and necessary social interactions, and save money for a ticket home.

The African community however was very sweet. Lots of them, especially Ethiopians, where I was living (Portland). Big Muslim community too. Like night and day compared to Americans, normal people living normal lives without getting caught up so much in all the flashiness and excess of that country.

For what it’s worth, Canada is racist too, but it’s the kind of racism where people keep to themselves, huddle within their own communities and ignore those around them. I don’t like it either, but it’s less constantly abrasive... maybe just because it’s familiar.

>the middle class glorifies [lower class vernacular], [being "street], [the "authenticity" that they perceive in poor people], etc
this is a common trend in every modern metropolis in the world, even those who don't have /don't perceive themselves as having racial tensions. It's certainly a wider, deeper phenomenon than simply a black vs white America thing

>internalized racism
holy shit you people exist

i thought you were just strawmen on twitter. that's fucking hilarious. do another one.

lol is this the cuck thread

>The right has made things
literal fantasy world. criticism and repentance have been snuffed out by radical leftists on social media.

WE WUZ

KEKS

What do you think of "ironic racism"?

I think for a lot of whites racist jokes or profoundly racist statements are employed ironically as an examination of the racist impulses left in whites of a progressive or at least non-racist persuasion. It is a bringing into contrast the voice of our communities, our fathers and grandfathers with a present consciousness and reason. It's laughing at the absurdity and evil of this voice, and a nervous acknowledgement of its still existing within us.

I can see blacks not differentiating this from an unself aware brand of racist humor, or at least not wanting to differentiate it, because I think the lines here very quickly blur, and a room full of people laughing at a racist joke meant ironically might have one or ten people not in on the joke. Maybe acknowledgement only normalizes or excuses these racist impulses, and even self aware use is dangerous to both blacks and the whites who think themselves above those racist tendencies.

At any rate, it's something that exists. I'm curious what your thoughts are. (in other words, give me the N-word pass)

#
It was very obviously a completely fucking retarded point to show the stupidly of the one I was replying to. If you think there is no African literature because to paraphrase “the West got there first” you’re a mouth breathing cretin

>What do you think of "ironic racism"?

It’s just not particularly funny or creative and more often than not there is a true element of spite to it. I used to make the odd ironic racist joke when I was younger, I think being confronted with all the racism on Yea Forums and tired, tired jokes it bludgeoned me onto realising it’s not fucking funny.

Irony is never "just" irony, and I don't mean it in the banal "he's saying what he really thinks but as a joke" sense.

Attached: af0f5130ec5697f7294491abcf9020cfbab27cf0.png (1293x2009, 681K)

what do you black people think of the black movement? im south east asian and so i dont really get it but all these sounds like it put MORE attention to the blacks which isn't necessarily what normal, average people want to have
i honestly think we need a nigger equivalent for all races so that we can be on an even playing field online

But to understand the meaning of "nigger" with regards to blacks you need to take into account the reason that this term became (and remains) so loaded to begin with. It's impossible to have a "nigger term" for every "group" when the groups come into existence precisely as already opposed (the basic example here being how "white" was literally not a thing until Europeans started to align themselves as against "blacks"; even when they already commerced with the far east, the grouping of "whiteness" did not exist, there were just Irishmen, Englishmen, Prussians, Bavarians, Frenchmen, etc)

no such thing as a joke.
every other race sees this except whites who think they are above this. it's true they exploit others with this but they also brainfuck themselves with this which is enjoyable to watch.

It's obviously "Punching Down" but it's hard to punch up and not look like a resentful bitch while also being funny

it's not hard to punch up if you have weapons other than WORDS.
who am i kidding it is hard but writers are all degenerate faggot pussies

Race doesn't real.
>me skin dark, me black man, you skin white, you white man
no fren, there is no race but the HUMAN race (but yes I do check all the boxes for free money sorry)

humour is the transgression of social norms, the expression more broadly of Boundless Excess, that which cannot be contained by civilisation. Humanists of any and all persuasions cannot and will never be truly funny, they will never truly laugh. those will never laugh who deny Man's bas animal nature, and his monstrous thirst for infinity, into which neither the ''human'' nor the ''divine'' come into play. I think all identity and all civilisation is ultimately the register of pain of generations and millennia of unimaginable and senseless cruelty, to no end, to no end, but an ape alone in a Dying Globe.

holy shit do you have friends?

I can't help but hate blacks for the same reason I can't help but hate queers, holocaust victims or jesus christ on the cross, its all the same

have sex

maybe it's because you are transexual because you got bullied the shit out of in your formative years and you never stood up for yourself.
we love you.

Okay go write the next great American novel in Ebonics then, Tyrone.

so much hurt in this post

Not black but took a DNA test and saw i had about 5 percent sub Saharan ancestry which i didn't know how to feel about as i used to be one of those racist Yea Forums board kids, one drop rule i guess

Never had a black friend but my brother did and they seem like they got along though my wouldn't stop telling how much black like Naruto for some reason

mostly non fiction sometimes comics mostly come here for the
discussion which is sometimes nice

i don't bad mouth any race on this board

for a black person who identifies strongly with there culture im guessing this board tends to be very European or Anglo , for that reason i can see why they might feel alienated

Not as much as it hurts you to speak English like a normal person.

>those will never laugh who deny Man's bas animal nature
Animals don't laugh though, laughter is the furthest thing from "base animal nature" there is, it is pretty much an entirely eusocial phenomenon

hyenas and dophins laugh

Not in the sense that humans laugh.

how was that abnormal you smelly piece of fucking dogshit?
genuinely curious.

vocaroo.com/i/s05g0mQGcP9b

:3

I like how you changed "self-criticism" in the post you replied to, to "criticism," removing yourself from it. What is your response? To immediately criticize OTHERS.

You're right: radical leftists HAVE snuffed out self-criticism for you, as their straw man gives you an endless excuse to avoid personal responsibility. That's what rightist whataboutism is really about.

Where is YOUR novel, Bubba? Oh that's right, there is none, you haven't done jack shit. "These other people have similar genes to me, and they did great things, so that makes me great" White supremacy makes you feel good without having done anything. White nationalists are a bunch of BIRGing CORFers: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basking_in_reflected_glory

Just stop. It's clear you are acting from a place of anger.

Nothing worth doing ever was acted upon a place of anger :3

I'm laughing at all the farfetched assumptions you've made about me. Absolutely seething.

Very well put.

Thank you :3

but white supremacists are angry.
how angry do you have to be to function on race alone?

This is a far better attempt at trolling than

Just stop posting, monkey boy.

regardless, the word "nigger" and "faggot" carries way too much cultural power its akin to a spell
shout this in public and everyone freezes