I just discovered that I read at 153 wpm. How can I improve it? I don't accept being so slow

I just discovered that I read at 153 wpm. How can I improve it? I don't accept being so slow.

Attached: 1455290554524.jpg.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Read more

It's more about focus than speed. The less mental interruptions that you have the quicker you will read. Once you can easily focus on reading, you will improve the duration that you can sustain your focus, and once again you will be able to read more.

Don’t worry about it. Almost everyone you talk to about books will exaggerate how much and how quickly they read.

I kind of miss reading slowly. I used to enjoy a good book slowly over the course of a week/month but now I just devour a book in a day and am left feeling empty when I finish.

The best way of getting better at something is to practice so do that. You could look into using something like spritz but i haven't used it out side of a quick test run so I am not sure how efective it would be for you.

You can't

That speed will finish a novel in a few hours. Is that not acceptable to you?

I don't think there's such thing as reading slowly. If I try to read to fast I don't remember anything.

>153 wpm
Fuck off I'm a literal ADHD brained moron who reads at 400wpm fuck you

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (512x510, 204K)

How do your test it?

by reading

I know that but how do you find out like a website or something

dude what the fuck i type faster than you read

>no punctuation of any sort

I mean, I wouldn't brag too much about it.

I count the words while I'm reading

This desu. It's not a rat race to see who can finish the book the fastest. Take your time and think about it, you'll get a lot more out of your book. Taking notes or writing down the things you are thinking will slow you down, but it is definitely worth it.

key to fast reading is to not verbalize what you read. use only your brain when you see a word the signal or meaning should go to your brain directly without hearing a sound in your mind.

it's hard at first but with practice you get used to it and then reading goes very fast.

read ya

reading fast is useless bullshit that people use to inflate their egos, its like dyels bragging about low bmi.

Just read more

I know some people who can read a 900 pages book in on hour.

>Not reading at 1wpm
And then you come here complaining you don't understand the book. Fuck off.