Can a book cure depression?

Can a book cure depression?

Attached: aMmIpltVFgGkuQXXzTVP3cvI9-22jAVf3C1axJdFhnU.jpg (700x366, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Bufano
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A book? No. Several, maybe. But I think is more the fact that you are doing an activity that makes you think in other things.

Only if you use it to hit someone so hard they fall into a coma and can no longer be depressed. It's an actual illness that's caused at least in part by physical conditions and it can't be cured by reminding people that they live objectively tolerable lives.

Probably if it’s an intructional book on how to kys

Stop asking this here

Attached: FDC3FD95-CF0E-4631-AE73-B44082908E8E.jpg (333x499, 20K)

no

This picture makes me angry because I have none of those things yet I’m not depressed or very unhappy at all. I suppose I have some friends and I have people who love me, and tea and cookies are obtainable, but I don’t have friends whose pictures I would hang up on the wall, or an attractive woman in short shorts in my house.

I agree kys Op

find out what is causing it, you must know, otherwise you're probably have hormonal problems

Are you the real butterfly from 2011?

Is it true what they say about you? I don't want to believe it...

A lot of depressed people don't have any of those things and don't know how to get them

She's a naughty girl who likes amputees

What kind of amputees? Toes? Fingers? Limbs? Phallus? What length? Below or above the knee? What cause? By diabetic infection or to traumatic injury? Fully healed or stapled shut?

They don’t know how to get tea and cookies? Wow, I never knew how bad things truly are.

>can a book curse a disease?
No.

Ye
What do you mean?
Lisa Bufano. Still makes me sad.

It can if you take the advice!

I don't know, there was a fetish thread back in 2014 and she said she liked amputees.

i'm using feeling good

Die.

How to cure depression when you have a vascular disease that is slowly causing you to lose your limbs ?

Sorry dude

just be yourself

Know that you will get sickass robot limbs and become one of the first cyborgs in the future.

Cry more

Date ButterChick

psssst!

Attached: images.png (217x232, 26K)

Kill yourself

>no friends
>no goals
>no gf
>pet is dead
>don't care for culinary indulgence
what now bitch

Attached: 1557868515142.jpg (800x800, 117K)

Ugh... have sex? Celebrate your trips?

Shut up
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Bufano

But get well soon

I don't like sex but those trips did feel pretty good

Just checked this board after more than 6 fucking years and see this.

Fuck me. Did they ever leave?

Then live on as a sinful trip slut that delights in repeating digits.

Attached: failed_dubs.gif (366x360, 1.97M)

yes any book that teaches you Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, preferably one by a real doctor, heres a great one.

Attached: serveimage2.jpg (568x568, 28K)

>it's not real you're just distracted and petulant
>it's real but it's a disease you need to be cured and take drugs
>it certainly cannot have anything at all to do with the external world no everything's just peachy

Good one, sweetie!

Worse now he post on other boards

Depression can get that bad dude.

>having all those things and still unhappy
Normal gags should be gassed

There are some books that teach you CBT, by top psychologists (including one by the creator of the therapy). They work as well as therapy.

There is also Stoicism, but it requires practice and a lot of thinking for it to work.

Normal gags are a gas.

Attached: 04-21-16_3-45-10-PM.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Cioran

Those things don't bring happiness. One of the problems of modern society is making people believe that they do.

Can you rec some? I'm maybe going to take a few counselling type courses in the relatively near future for reasons, CBT seems to be a recurring theme.

They are easy to find. I have one by Aaron Beck and another one by a different psychologist.
Look for the amazon bestsellers on CBT and look for the ones with the best reviews. CBT is standardized, so the books are likely to focus on the same things.

Cool, thanks for the advice m80! I was a bit worried there'd be a lot of nonsense books about, sounds fine tho.

Kek
Admittedly I’ve managed to find some level of happiness despite lacking someone who loves me (family not included) and I don’t have many good friends by making myself artistically fulfilled, and exercising regularly as well as cutting out consuming shitty media. However it seems to me that I’d have found happiness much more easily with a gf. Although friends you only need a couple of if you have enough decent acquaintances

Looking for Aaron Beck's books is the "safest" given he was one of the fathers of CBT.

I think that having a gf is not something that makes it easier to be happy. It gives you some self esteem given that society judges men by how well they can attract women and there is some dopamine rush (which can harm you if the relationship is very physical and you have too much sex).

But long term happiness depends mostly on yourself. Epictetus was a happier man than his student Hadrian, the Emperor of Rome at its best.

For fuck sake, you can’t cure depression. It’s basically a permanent train of thought in which you imagine yourself less than other and thus the best thing for everyone is if you stopped existing.

Attached: 9C46B013-FECF-4E5B-AA46-8FE77FE2B046.jpg (570x640, 60K)

You can cure that.

psychology is a scam

Attached: 1567996027878.jpg (700x366, 61K)

CBT is a watered down version of some techniques of Ancient Philosophy.

Probably the gayest picture I've seen in a long time.
Being depressed is a choice.

I wish my misery would cover the world like a blanket so everyone can be as unhappy as i'am

you just find a better coping mechanism but not get rid of present depression

Wouldn't that make you happy?

It would make me content and egalitarian

>Someone who loves you

Attached: bruh.png (300x300, 36K)

>You dont even love yourself

Attached: 1568050920875.jpg (600x891, 101K)

Nothing cures depression, but the never ending search for novelty helps stave off the worst of it, along with SSRIs

>Someone who loves you
Bold of the author to assume that.

Did SSRI's help you? it didnt for me

My only goal in life is to cure someone's depression with my books/writings.

thats noble

Only if the restored spiration is followed by constant motion of giving expression, and receiving impression.

Attached: Genesis.jpg (1115x1500, 580K)

Attached: 1466342995082.jpg (697x478, 48K)

That dude can literally get that chick to bend over and shove his dick in her. That would unironically help with his depression.

Depression causes ED. Also sometimes an SO doesn't want that for all sorts of reasons.

>tfw depression and PE

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 35K)

OP, depression is a serious medical condition that without psychiatric/psychological therapy cannot be solved; if by depressione you mean simply "feeling bad and/or sad" than yes, a good book can help with that

All of it's true

Anyone got any good suicide non-fiction?

Philipp Mainlander?

This image makes me really irrationally angry, I mean I was fuming so much that I started laughing about it and now I'm kind of cheered up but still fuck this image

>"feeling bad and/or sad"
Does that include having no sense identity and being apathetic about life because you have no clue how to live in the first place?

Reading wont help and it can often make you more depressed depending on what you're reading. Just get the doc to give you happy pills and try to establish a healthy social support structure. If you can't do that then no amount of books will help you and you're fucked.

Attached: Holdan.jpg (687x960, 220K)