Did he complete the system of german idealism?

did he complete the system of german idealism?

Attached: Charles-Sanders-Peirce.jpg (437x450, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/peirce/self-contextualization.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maybe

He demolished it's necessitarian foundations and planted his categories whose semieotic creepers overtook the crumbling castle, every brick laid with axiomatic procedure has been engulfed and assimilated into a living architecture, a lovely jungle that grows through inquiry. Completion is death, Peirce animated the system of German idealism.

I tried reading this guy because I like his essay on a Berkeley, but found the rest of his stuff incomprehensible. What do I need to read to understand him?

Plotinus. The Rationlists and the Empiricists (there are two books with these names that are collections of respective's most influential writings), Pinkards "German Idealism", and unironically William James first.

Are you referring to “German Philosophy 1760 - 1860: The Legacy of Idealism”

Start with the philosophy encyclopedias, then on a new list, what is a sign, and on phenomenology and read secondary literature until you feel like you get his phaneroscopy and 123. read secondary literature on semiosis and the triadic relation. I've went about studying Peirce in a really delirious ADHD way, I obviously got a big mind boner right away but the moment when the Peirce-sign pierced my mind-anus and achieved full penetration was after a whippet binge while reading either a guess at the riddle or sundry logical conceptions, I forget, doesn't matter, the important factor is it happened while I was drawing triadic relations with no formal rules, this might be the key as Peirce used diagrams to do his logic. I'm a horrible student, and a lazy poster, but I can definitely help answer your questions and give you particular recommendations.
Big take away:Give the Peirce sign time to germinate. draw triangles and use secondary literature. those Peirce scholars are doing vital work.

Who are some Pierce scholars?

*Peirce* (pronounced ''purse")
Max Fisch seems to be the most famous. I just type keywords into Google Scholar and read(I suggest anyone interested in Peirce to do the same) , I don't really remember the scholars. Others come to mind but I can't recall what they did. To me, they are mere lackeys doing Peirce's bidding.

Attached: 71krenhrYbL.jpg (907x1360, 158K)

what kind of monist was CSP? was it somewhat in the vein of Parmenides, regarding plurality as an incoherent concept always parasitic on "the one"?

no trump did.

Attached: BASED.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Peirce was an idealist, he viewed matter as effete mind that is bound up by habit. Unfortunately I haven't read parmenides yet, my only interaction with him is that time I made the image where he retroactively debunks Whitehead with Guenon's aid. Plurality for Peirce was not a matter of ontology, it's handled by his semieotic.

>Peirce was an idealist, he viewed matter as effete mind that is bound up by habit.
Btw this is unifies the metaphysics of quantum and classical mechanics.

Attached: disproving idealism.png (1500x900, 65K)

Berkeley acknowledges this argument in his "Three Dialogues." The object, insofar as I cannot perceive it, is not the same object as that which I can perceive. I can ask different questions and gather different conclusions about the object when I do not perceive it from when I can perceive it. Idealism holds that reality is mind-dependent, not that minds have complete volition over reality.

>how to disprove idealism
more like Phenomenalism

Books on learning what German Idealism is for a pleb?

>in order to observe something one must be able to observe something
woah

Doesn't that terrify you?

plato.stanford.edu/entries/peirce/self-contextualization.html

>Stanford

Huh?

>The object, insofar as I cannot perceive it, is not the same object as that which I can perceive. I can ask different questions and gather different conclusions about the object when I do not perceive it from when I can perceive it.
This is not necessarily an idealist conclusion.