Mfw reading any other board after reading Yea Forums

>mfw reading any other board after reading Yea Forums

they're just so fucking stupid

Attached: 1559885148822.jpg (388x600, 37K)

i actually gained an appreciation for other boards after being on here for so long.
there's a lot of posturing midwits on here.

/diy/ is still the smartest board I've ever been on.

>imagine actually thinking like that

You are a fucking retard. the average IQ here is somewhere around the 130s easily. the fact that you think this board isn't that smart betrays your own stupidity.

No they are actually readable and not riddled with 19 year old highschool intellectuals

And yet in this sea of massive IQs, nobody can actually write anything worth reading. What good is intelligence if you only use it to crab about other's works?

How the fuck do you know what the average IQ here is? If you're reading trash like Pynchon your IQ is probably very low from all the weed you've smoked.

>/diy/
you mean those arts & crafts autists? kek

checked, this board is probably the most pretentious on this site, but there's some good discussion occasionally.

/diy/ is legit, don't be a retard.

>the average IQ here is somewhere around the 130s easily

Attached: 1549637620132.png (894x773, 48K)

Here we go again.

Attached: 1561992204519.jpg (2000x2000, 410K)

/sci/ is far too high lmao

what is weishaupts plateau?

>he doesnt know

>mfw reading Yea Forums

If anything this is one of the dumbest boards on Yea Forums as everyone on here thinks they are fucking smart.

Attached: C4C13219-D892-4791-92D2-7BECB674E47C.jpg (960x960, 72K)

name a smarter board
you won't

Based

puffy vulva

tell me, no?

Kek. No way any board's average IQ is over 100-105. There are some intelligent people on this site, but they are - by far - outweighed by postering pseuds and shitposting midwits. People who show a particular erudition or stray from the site's "accepted" topics are ignored because hardly anyone contains the capacity to interact with them.

somebody hurt this anons feelings lol

Problems is, a prolonged interest in literature fosters cynicism and more of a tendency to negate widely accepted indicators of good intelligence. Lit posters might have a higher average IQ than most but are also lazy, conflicted, contrarian, and prideful. There's too much ego around here and a lot of niche interests that never intersect. It is clear that even the most pretentious babblers of us are engaging in a more complex exchange of information than most boards would allow. The emotional and ideological complexities permitted in the discussion of literature give us more possibilities to connect than more codified topics would.

as i said, you wouldn't

Most people here are 23 or younger, and most writers are only capable of writing anything even remotely decent at 25 and older. What you see in Yea Forums is the messy chrysalis of inchoate minds striving for erudition; although many will fall from the path, either drifting out of its orbit or stagnating in this stage, for those few who ascend this period of pseudo-intellectual young adult literary learning was a necessary part of the scaffolding, the building up of a minimal foundation by which to build better foundations.

Eh sorry for that mess. Meant to say there's more to work with in our topic. That does not mean we actually do more with it. I participate in much better discussions on x. Openness is an underrated personality trait.

That’s not me. Have two, /adv/ and /trv/. Also /s/ because there’s almost no conversation to dumb down the place, just lots of sexy photos.

>/adv/
lmfao
>/trv/
cringe sexpats and quasi normies are not intelligent

>for those few who ascend this period of pseudo-intellectual young adult literary learning was a necessary part of the scaffolding, the building up of a minimal foundation by which to build better foundations.
how does one can achieve this?

>Yea Forums
lmaooo bunch of retarded collage kids and incels are not intelligent

>randomly calls people incels
yup it's a worthless /adv/ denizen

the smartest boards are actually /qa/ and [s4s]
Yea Forums's full of people who are only "smart" in regards to their ability to recognize simple statements put in a highly decorated form.

>anime addicts on /qa/ are smart

>randomly calls people sexpats
yup it's a worthless Yea Forumsizen

smarter than people who think that reading epictetus, guenon, and celine will straighten them up and get them laid

that's literally the main reason most 4chanians would ever travel

whereas /adv/ will just call anyone they disagree with or dislike an incel immediately and think all arguments are over

>that's literally the main reason most 4chanians would ever travel
stop projecting your own preferences on other people.

not him but keep Celine out of this autism
and no, no one read Celine to "get laid"

As far as I know, nothing. There are no sources on the internet for it. The only time it's ever mentioned is on archives citing this graph, bringing the legitimacy of the graph into question.

I went to Japan myself for three weeks and managed to resist the soaphouses. Anime and otaku shit wasn’t a problem as I am not a nerd in that respect at least.

>legitimacy of the graph into question.
if anyone thinks that graph is real. then they are legitimately retared.

That you have to go out of your way to say that this specific anime board is not as smart as it is says enough

>anime board
?

Yea Forums is a meme and shitposting website, coposter

Keep reading

It's very true. I'm in graduate school pursuing a Ph.D in mathematics, and I can't stand /sci/ other than /mg/. The majority of the people there are brainlets. Yea Forums is comfy and most of you write well.

I'm doing a PhD in philosophy and trust me, 90% of the people here are just pretending.

why tf would you go to japan except for the sake of stuff that pops up in anime and manga?

No, that's /sci/

i am doing my second Ph.D in philosophy. my frist was in mathematics. and trust me /sci/ and Yea Forums both are way smarter than all of my university's faculty combined.

You would know, being a PhD student,
>90% of the people here are just pretending
being just as much the truth of career academics in the humanities and social sciences! Sophists stranded in a dead-end profession and yet so generally ineffectual that they hold on to their professorships as desparately as shipwrecked sailors do to flotsam adrift, willing at all times to parrot nonsense and sacrifice self-respect and perpetuate the cyclical training of other insularly ineffectual "intellectuals." The only respectable path left for you is to enter medical school immediately after the completion of your PhD.

Dam that’s a cozy feeling

Attached: 964BC70E-4407-41E3-81E9-7C77EA7397FC.jpg (420x317, 95K)

>why would you go to a place with a highly distinct culture, fascinating history, amazing art and architecture, beautiful scenery and some of the best food in the world

Yeah no idea.

Attached: DBD8EDA7-D71D-4582-BD5E-6FF42E6558F5.jpg (3000x2250, 1.48M)

Based

Yes, I know, it's part of the course. I'd just wish people would stop pretending on an anonymous messaging board. Especially because while in academia people pseud during conferences and such, when being confronted, but on here people give advice that is celebrated in the pseud circlejerk. I think every single infographic pertaining to philosophy here is shit, yet they're spammed like crazy.

I got a PhD in physics theory a few years ago. I lurk Yea Forums and /sci/. It's a good site - just need to accept that there's 20 year olds here too. I think people overestimate the rest of the web, people in forums aren't smarter, they just can't say what they want there.

Attached: grothendieckap494851088739.jpg (3012x1954, 2.28M)

yes desusenpai y'all should be proud of yourselves. you anons are the future of academia, literature and philosophy. and we will get our next Deleuze of 21st century not from anywhere else but from our very own Yea Forums.

*par for the course

All of that stuff about Japanese culture, history landscapes, religion, etc. pops up in anime, both good ones like Mushishi or Kamichuu and shitty ones like the 2002 Kanon adaptation.

I wouldn’t know, the only anime I have seen is a couple of Studio Ghibli films years ago (they’re good).

you guys are fucking stupid as well it's just that you guys have no chance of getting laid so you try harder

yeah, because somehow Yea Forums has more discussion of /phil/ than literature.

that guy who was writing the play about camus, freud, and Kraus in hell was pretty funny lol

I don't know what you might believe about the average 4channer, but I've made both good effortposts where I tried to discuss topics that were quite strongly linked to the central topic of those threads and which probably provided important details on a topic that others might have not known about , just as I've made terrible posts that said little but "u gay dude lol". I doubt that the average poster will have perfectly stable moods or that they will always display the same level of intelligence/insight, especially when in comes to confrontations with people with a different point of view.

being a pseud with no degree is not a crime. but being a pseud with a degree is a crime. and you're guilty my g.

This. The rare times that books are actually discussed here, the posters very rarely display a sufficient understanding over the content. The average poster on here has garbage reading comprehension and discusses the works pompously as if he understood it. The normies I know have much greater reading comprehensions than the pompous pseuds on this board.

normalfaggot cope

Yeah, I think it's the general case that people will feel free to talk like they didn't elsewhere and otherwise also engage "normally" and in a thoughtful way
I'm shitposting on /sci/ since 2007. I've met a few people irl after chatting on Yea Forums. One guy in 2013 who did his PhD on Stirner and recognized a jpg of a cafe I was posting at that time (and he was in the same city) and another guy in 2015 who responded to me asking who can and wants to edit videos for a few bitcoin. I even did a beach vacation at his place after some time. I'd recommend the site. At least I think it's better than reddit.

Attached: IMG_20180429_213817.jpg (314x559, 28K)

>People on online forums who do not have to show off their true identity and cannot be shamed for it are more lileky to say stupid or inaccurate shit that they would not tell people whom they saw out in public
yo, it's almost like you're more likely to be held accountable for stuff when people see your face and know your name

English is my third language, my bad

I try not to pseud, but I will probably also not land a research position because of it

People in real life do the same thing, it's just more common online. They discuss something they have no understanding of and are too prideful to admit they're wrong. The prideful pseuds are many times more common than the humble people with acceptable reading comprehensions.

>/diy/

Attached: 451584516516851.png (1898x288, 71K)

your point?

>smartest board I've ever been on.

I was arguing with someone on /pol/ last night who tried to tell me that constitutional amendments could be unconstitutional.

>the average IQ here is somewhere around the 130s easily

Attached: IMG_3717.png (750x1334, 872K)

yes that poster was at least 160 IQ

>Yea Forums
>118
Also unfair to /x/
schizos tend to have a higher than averagr IQ. Their lack of grasp on reality shouldnt be counted against them

It's more caused by the rising culture of narcissism than it is the anonymity.
In the past, the discussions were better. There weren't such extreme superiority complexes among everybody and the inflammatory shit-flinging was only used occasionally compared to now where shit-flinging is the majority of conversation.
Look at how Yea Forums conducted itself prior to 2014. The only inflammatory insult regularly used was "faggot." Now in 2019 we have "tranny," "pseud," "soiboy," "numale," "brainlet," "redditor," "incel," "bugman," "cuckold," "beta," "NPC," "normies," many more that I'm forgetting, plus the new narcissistic, inflammatory meme insult that comes out every month.
Look at the memes of pre-2014 Yea Forums. We had pedobear, spurdo sparde, babby, tubgirl, and other memes which had nothing to do with superiority. Most of the modern Yea Forums memes are entirely narcissistic, look at big brain wojak, brainlet wojak, soi wojak, muscle chad, NPC meme among the other ones that I'm forgetting. It's as if the people on here are insecure and need to constantly convince themselves that they are superior to everybody else, otherwise they will realize how pointless their life is. I don't get how the people on here can talk about "IQ" with every post and spend hours daily spamming the word "brainlet" to everyone that offends them and not tire themselves out.
Anybody who says Yea Forums was always obsessed with sex, betas, and self proclaimed intelligence prior to 2014 is a liar. People who say that "Yea Forums has always been this way," only started browsing after 2014.

FUCKING OWNED with FACTS and LOGIC

:3

Forgot to attach this. Yeah, Yea Forums has always been the way it is now.

Attached: 1478677802981.png (1229x417, 75K)

atleast be honest and post the real one

Attached: 1481312992012.jpg (2000x2877, 1.56M)

>4chanians
can you not?

Attached: 1520402622304.jpg (1899x1068, 59K)

the narwhal bacons at midnight

I miss when /pol/ was less filled with newfags and I could have pretty good polysci conversations there about misc interesting topics.

All that's left of that kind of conversation is stuff I find on /his/ or Yea Forums sometimes. Rip

Attached: 1451766441869.png (1000x1004, 3.85M)

I can confirm that this graph is genuine, I was the fluffer in the research team. It took months of gruelling work, I admire the erudite and noble is researchers that worked hard on this.

>Weishaupts Plateu
It’s the level of intelligence where one is capable of discussing and partly understanding higher concepts, yet not capable of any originality or progress in their chosen field. Essentially pseudo-intellectuals.

Attached: 079C6C5A-7178-4ED3-9983-20E8E17FB76B.jpg (300x300, 17K)

/x/ is simultaneously the highest and lowest IQ board. Averages erase the reality of barely 80s and 160+s talking to each other on there constantly.

>the average IQ here is somewhere around the 130s

None of the dozen people in this thread who obsess over IQ have responded to this. Is their attention span too short to read more than a few sentences? Is their ego too frail to read anything that suggests that they are more of an uneducated failure than a genius?

Yea Forums was for mischief and unpopular thought. You reddit republicans and tumblr marxists ruined everything. You self masturbatory "IQ" fags ruined this website.

Attached: Harlequin.jpg (1616x1944, 980K)

>tfw I got 90 on the first BBC Test the Nation IQ test when I was 14 or 15
>it did have some questions that ought not to have been there, such as recognising blurred photos of celebrities I didn’t know
>a lot of the visual puzzles though just went right above my head

I haven’t taken another IQ test since, I don’t particularly want to know. People tend to assume I am smart (probably because I am quite articulate and well-spoken), I have never struggled to understand concepts and I haven’t ever had to work hard to do well either academically or in a work setting. But there’s a possibly I am a moron according to standard testing criteria.

On fake online tests that try to sell you a certificate yeah I have had 160 like all you retards.

Also in my defence the test seems to have been designed in such a way as 100 isn’t the average. Either that or we are all fucking idiots in the UK, even the surgeons.

Attached: 61B15E22-7824-4294-9788-29FD4AE55E4C.jpg (667x2219, 473K)

the cartoon moralists are the worst. ppl who derive their morality from shounen and carton network.

It's decline has been exponential
Most people on there are actually fucking retarded

>Decided to try out /his/ one day because like history
>Despite some good threads it's generally shit and often combines the worst parts of /int/ and /pol/ but without flags
>Often times threads are literally just /pol/ or /int/ threads without even being thinly veiled
>Everything devolves into pissing contests, shitflinging matches (assuming the thread didn't start out that way)
>Everything is always some bullshit about stormfags vs tankies, Christcucks vs pagans, Nords vs Meds, X country or ethnicity is the greatest and this other one is shit, constant Rome circlejerking, etc.
>Always feel compelled to participate despite the fact that any argument is futile and whoever the other poster is already has his mind made up anyway
>Can't stop going back there, feel like I'm addicted
>"I'm almost enjoying my anger".jpg
>mfw

How do I get out of there bros?

Attached: 1430621460184.jpg (472x472, 69K)

Every board on Yea Forums is like this. Except maybe that origami board.

Never mind /his/, how the fuck do I get off Yea Forums? I started reading a novel there for the first time in ages, got three pages in and had to put it down as I am posting in like 30 threads right now and need to know what’s happening. I’ve become a fucking idiot.

Maybe but Yea Forums is still miles better than /his/ let alone absolute shitholes like Yea Forums or /pol/

Yea Forums is full of pseuds, commies and teens. Get real, faggot.

I normally hide every thread in the catalog except the one or two threads that are worth watching. It works to some extent but Yea Forums has become a fast board and there's at least 1 new thread every couple minutes.

Is this what you tell yourself to justify spending so much time here? Because you have to be an absolute moron (posturing as a midwit) to think the odd effortpost or bit of OC represents the entire board.

Average IQ on /sci/ is about 110 imo, but if you exclude everything apart /mg/, you're left with about 130 average. In terms of average intelligence, I'd say Yea Forums is about as dumb as /sci/, but the smart people on /sci/ are orders of magnitudes smarter than the smart people on Yea Forums.

Haposai posted there?

There is no fucking way Yea Forums is 118

what book is that?

t. mad anime addicted NEET

That guy who wrote about the rednecks the other day was pretty good desu

Like 5-10% of the posters here are pretty smart imo. Maybe 1/100 posts is actually really good, possibly even less than that.

I also used to think everyone was a genius when I started visiting Yea Forums like 3 years ago, I was very impressed, but as I started educating myself and grew older, I since realized most are faking it. Pay attention to how many people complain about even basic lit like Hemingway being boring books where “nothing happens,” or massively misinterpreting basic Platonic dialogues.

There are some really good Yea Forums effortposts. Some people are clearly studying what they're talking about, or studied it at some point. Some are just plain hobbyists with very deep knowledge of the thing that interests them. The second group is rarer than the first if I had to guess. Sometimes though you'll see some guy who clearly just loves literature enough to have read a fuckload. I know a few guys like that in real life, but they're all older. I think it's much rarer in the younger generation. But the occasional Russian lit PhD student sperging out about Russian lit is cool too.

Some very funny effortposts also come from well-spoken autists. Sometimes very clever shitposts too, one-line things that aren't meant to be showy, but in the context they're posted in they're really clever. It's sad when those get drowned out by a dozen phoneposting newfag niggers.

Oddly enough though, you see that kind of emergent complexity shitposting on most boards with strong board culture, as long as they aren't drowned out by billions of youngfags. Yea Forums is too fast, so everyone there is a phoneposting ADHD 18-21yo retard, but Yea Forums is insular enough to refine ironic cunnyposting to the point that some future scholar could write The Secret History of Cunnyposting.

Yea Forums is like a very efficient, very perceptive AI, forged from the hot crucible or melting pot of a million low IQ brains swirling together... accidental hivemind.

Lit is objectively the smartest board desu.
There is something about books and philosophy that repels normies.

Attached: Screenshot_20190909_145255.jpg (1080x2340, 672K)

/sci/ gets a lot of "/sci/ by default" types who are really just engineering chinks.

The greatest thing about Yea Forums's philosophy focus is that it repels WOMEN. WOMEN are known to HATE philosophy. They can't stand it and must flee when they detect its presence. This raises board average IQ by 20 points.

yas yoo r qwite korrect frend. i lamment at thuh stndrds of discushon on uther boreds as i hv iq of 147

Legit 9/10 bait. Well done.
Have to admit /s/ is remarkably efficient to its own purposes.

>implying people who manage to get paid to practice their useless niche hobby are not smart
Most "real jobs" are nonsense anyway. Not all of us are cut to do useful stuff like nurse, physician or cook.
This.

I started browsing in 2012 and it was already pretty shit. Less creative about insulting people I give you that (at least on Yea Forums). The narcissism and negtivity was already there imo, it was just less self-righteous and wasn't using ideogical LARPs as crutches. It was also (again on Yea Forums, the only board I can tolerate besides /sci/) less well-read in general. Most commonly mentione authors were Vonnegut and Pynchon iirc.

>implying people who manage to get paid to practice their useless niche hobby are not smart

That is true. I wish there was something I gave enough of a shit about to do a PhD on.

>I started browsing in 2012 and it was already pretty shit

I was a regular around that time too, I stopped browsing Yea Forums for years until the last month or so. Maybe my memory is failing me but I actually think it’s possibly better now than back then.

Oddly enough I started browsing recently only to find Yea Forums levels of retardation.

>I started browsing in 2012

it shows

Better, possible and even likely. Their used to be less absolute doomercore philosophy,"blackpill" and other such self-defeating nonsense. Less hysteria about racism and extermination too.

But it was already fundamentally shitty and negative. I stopped browsing between 2016 and 2018 included, and upon returning I didn't notice that much of a difference, save for a few details (change of owner, new filter words, Guénon having remplaced Evola as the default trad of the boards, more religious people but with the same acidic LARPing attitude as everyone else, "doomer" memes and more virgin vs chad memes).

Nice useless passive aggression, solid 2014-core.

my aggression is not passive, i'm calling you a newfag and after seeing this post i would have enough data to pass a reasonable sentence of death on you

Some dedicated algebraic geometry tomb I think. I moved more away from topology in the last year so I didn't get far