The literature of the Incel Movement

>The literary canon taught to high schoolers (and, in many cases, at a university level) is wrought with issues of inequality. The most oft-cited is also the most simple: the vast majority of texts studied at that level come from male writers, specifically white English and North American writers (translations lose out most heavily here). Women’s voices and experiences are consequently left to the wayside, despite a rich history of women’s literature existing. This adds to the already pertinent issue of women’s physical voices also being left out in the classroom – with lower, inequitable participation rates from female students in language and arts classes. This trains society to not only be less inclined to listen to women’s opinions, but also ascribe less value to them when they are voiced.

>But some of the recurring themes of the cannon are even more troubling than this. Hamlet, a text that frequently makes its way onto the curriculum, views all women as “breeders of sinners”; while classic texts such as The Great Gatsby, Great Expectations, and A Tale of Two Cities are all driven forward by white men’s frustrated desire for an emotionally distant woman. Scanning through redpill and incel targeted booklists for classics is particularly telling: obvious choices like Machievelli’s The Prince and Sun Tzu’s The Art of War quickly turn into mainstream favourites Brave New World and Catcher in the Rye, where main character Holden Caulfield bemoans the phony women of the world around him, consistently struggles with intimacy because of said phoniness, and generally is characterized as immature.

>As Margaret Atwood famously put it, “men worry that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them”. The texts we are taught growing up in the West – the ones we hail as classics – are, more often than not, rife with misogynist thoughts and violent acts. To expect young girls to read these and be able to block out those issues because of the greatness of the literature is problematic enough. To expect young boys to not absorb these acts as acceptable and equally ‘great’ is even more so.

Attached: joker-movie-joaquin-phoenix-1181809-1280x0.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

>incel movement

Attached: images - 2019-05-10T155924.849.jpg (251x242, 12K)

Incels seem to like that houellebecq fella

I liked the world before all this "incel" nonsense.

>the cannon

>The most oft-cited is also the most simple: the vast majority of texts studied at that level come from male writers,
Whoa it’s almost like most literature was written by men

Once we restrain female hypergamy then incels will cease to exist

>This adds to the already pertinent issue of women’s physical voices also being left out in the classroom – with lower, inequitable participation rates from female students in language and arts classes.

What? This is the exact opposite of reality.

Bitches just mad at how thoroughly owned they get in Hamlet

HAMLET

Is this a prologue, or the posy of a ring?

OPHELIA

'Tis brief, my lord.

HAMLET

As woman's love.

I don't get what you just wrote but I laughed because it looks funny

Loooool roasts btfo

>obvious choices like Machievelli’s The Prince and Sun Tzu’s The Art of War
It's a common move for these losers to put some "undisputed classics" into their lists to lend credibility to the garbage that they fill their lists with.

There is some merit to that. I know it sounds stupid but I didn't really think of women as being mentally equal before I read Jane Eyre. Obviously I accepted that premise on a rational level but I never really felt it before reading that book.

user would you consider Catcher in the Rye to be part of said garbage?

When I was in highschool we were given a choice of various novels and I think I chose Frankenstein instead of Catcher in the Rye, so I never actually read it. But from what I know it's not what I would consider garbage. What I'm thinking of is those /pol/ charts that start off with Plato's Republic, The Prince etc. until they get to shit written by Right-Wing YouTubers

Hypergamy doesn’t exist or women would rule the world already.

I like to think of myself as a post-secular monk

In my fourth year of my English degree I was one of only three males in the program and we were still being taught authors like Emily Dickinson, Margaret Atwood, and Jane Austen. In my first two years I was literally the only male in the entire college of 200 people who was studying English. I took classes with 20 women.

Id say women are more likely to get literature related degrees (excepting philosophy) because they know they won't need to provide for themselves.

I really hate Americans projecting their identity politics cult onto English writers from 200 years ago

They do, albeit through proxy

They do. Read The Manipulated Man

women pool up in psychology, sociology and english

Attached: IQbydegree.png (280x873, 85K)

Don't forget the Kreutzer Sonata, original Incel kino

Source on pic?

The data must be really old, because colleges now tailor their curriculum to match the profile of their typical student. So that there are no weedout courses and stupid people can attain a watered down version of their degree

this

>men worry that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them
men are pretty based desu

Hypergamy is bullshit but the goal has always been "Women and children first!" Any men with a value higher than that, they disappeared.

Winning means you're out of a job. All the dangerous animals are endangered, violence is actually lower than at any time in history, we are in no way equipped for a life of cultivated leisure and opportunity. Our brains have wildly outsized capacity for experiencing and expressing fear and anger on a grassy plain, this civilization thing is new and stifling.

Not really. I wouldn't even call it a movement. Problem is, it's one of the most difficult hobby to get into, and you need a bit of intelligence to enjoy it, so most normal people just don't bother.

That's why I'm joining the winning team. Gender transition to be accepted in society, and sperm bank to continue on my bloodline. It's a win-win

Attached: na37asemgtz21.jpg (1772x1772, 256K)

Who would want to buy sperm of incel tranny?

>when theres no subculture left to subvert and recuperate so they default to manufacturing a movement out of shutins who have always existed to have a selling point
yep im thinkin this is the swan song of centralized media

How is hypergamy bullshit?

exactly
Female hypergamy is the same as male hypergamy: good looking people get their choice and uggos get scraps or nothing. The idea that restraining female hypergamy and ignoring male hypergamy would fix anything at all is bullshit.

TLDR you can't change the game

>Gender transition
Still just cosmetic and chemical mutilation at this point. We just unlocked the human genome a few years ago, but it was lost amongst stories about Kanye and some nip-slip somewhere. That's a body of information that has a time-lock on it and it took all of history for us to open it. Soon gender will really be a choice and a role you play. Terrifying and confusing times approach and we are still cutting ourselves up and warping ourselves with hormones like savages.

>Incel MOVEMENT

I don't think you know what "incel" means.

Bank my own sperm, so I can be a bio father one day

we're going to see Malthus reified before that

Name one youtuber listed in this image. Pro tip: You can't.

Attached: 1496258842655.png (2248x3442, 3.99M)

Yes! Surely a diet of nothing but female empowerment YA novels written by corpulent WoC will pacify these scary dateless white men and set them on the righteous path.

i could see that might get them to fuck a few fat chicks

No, the issue is that people don't date within their range. 10s with 10s, 9s with 9s and etc. Instead you have 80% of women dating 20% of men, and 80% of men competing for 20% of women. This is what female hypergamy leads to, and it doesn't just mean "lol hot people date more",

>To expect young boys to not absorb these acts as acceptable and equally ‘great’ is even more so.
LMFAO
Young Boys don't absorb shit from books. Most of them can't even watch a whole movie, let alone read a book.

How out of touch is this person?

Reading books about fictional women didn't make me hate women; interacting with real women made me hate women.

Incels have existed throughout all history. It's just that in the modern world with the sexual liberation and the resulting inbalance in the sexual market, the number of incels has skyrocketed and more of them started talking about it.
Nice cope.
>men worry that women will laugh at them.
Only sois though.
Oh there definitely is an incel movement, in fact, a few movements, just like there was and still is a gay movement, trans movement etc. People are starting to voice their concerns.
Good post.

>male hypergamy
No such thing.

male hypergamy is a principle of animal ecology, you absolute brainlet

Patrolled

Hamlet is the greatest protagonist in world literature, the only rival I can think of is perhaps Odysseus.