Can any other esoteric system even compare?

Can any other esoteric system even compare?
>theology
>philosophy
>psychology
>metaphysics
>geometry
>mathematics
>astrology
All embedded in one symbol. How can gentiles even compete?

Attached: Tree_of_life_bahir_Hebrew.svg.png (800x1519, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C6E6abDdBII
amazon.com/Kabbalah-Mysticism-Israel-Regardie-Judaism/s?rh=n:12573,p_lbr_one_browse-bin:Israel Regardie
youtu.be/QBJlZgObDAI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty powerful tool indeed, but "jews" didn't create it. The tree of life is something that is found on multiple traditions all over the world.
Even jews admit this tool goes back to the "garden of eden", meaning is a tool that has always existed so it cannot be claimed it "belongs" or was "created" by anybody.

Attached: Ein Sof.jpg (1028x1337, 399K)

Thank you. Nobody ever gets this.

>My favourite esoteric tradition? Gnosticism, of course.

Attached: Giga.jpg (500x500, 37K)

>Gnosticism
>tradition

Got a problem, Hylic?

Attached: mani-icno.jpg (157x220, 11K)

why is metaphysics outside of philosophy?

This leads me to my point, while a lot of other esoteric -ism are "cooler" than kabbalah, they are all so fragmented and dead. Any pracftice of "gnosticism" for example, will just be like the pagan LARPers, a lot of guesswork and reconstruction. All systems that have tried to revive hermeticism for example, have filled in the blanks with the kabbalah.

While all other esoteric traditions have been surpressed or hidden for so long that people forgot it or were never completed in the first place, kabbalah remains unspoiled and complete.

Sefer Yetzirah is literally the perfect work of philosophy.

Maybe not perfect, but it may be the closest thing we have thus far.

tree of life predates judaism, which is why yahweh hating gnostics have no problem with it

Alright, can anyone actually explain what this is all about? What is the purpose, what does it explain exactly, what philosophy does it

Im not foreign to esotericism but this is beyond me. Thanks internet magis.

Attached: B371DF12-026E-421A-8110-4BCE355F16D9.jpg (640x640, 86K)

Jews want to be God but they suck and everyone hates them so they double down on the baby sucking and fetus sacrifice to saturn

A form of primitive psychology, and an attempt to map the experience of existence from the innermost or most subjective at the top or first sphere, to the outermost and most "objective" at the tenth and lowermost sphere.

This map is pure garbage though.

As with a lot of things, you get back what you put into it.

I for one find it incredibly useful to have a very simple yet inclusive map of the mind in order to help me orient myself whilst tripping on psychedelic drugs.

Can it be likened to what Hegel tried to do then?

In which sense?

Simplified, states/levels of the human consciousness and psyche all of which is linked to degrees of polarity, Sun and Moon, Male and Female, Light and Darkness(Knowledge and Ignorance), Right and Wrong and so on.
Better is to do your own deep research and study on it.

It's a symbol with a thousand meanings and correspondences. It can literally be seen as a guidemap of the ""upper realms" accessed through altered states, or a path of spiritual enlightenment, or a symbolic representation of the nature of god and the human soul. it is all of these things and more, at the same time. which is amazing since there are never any conflict between the different interpretations.

Attached: 73766244-flower-of-life-in-tree-of-life-sephirots-of-kabbalah-in-ancient-symmetrical-symbol-composed (1300x1300, 219K)

Mapping the lifecycle of the worldspirit. Seems like a similiar thing.

Although my reading of Hegel is very amateurish.

You got any good starting points that worked for you?

I guess im just not that impressed by a system which claims that amount of explanatory power without being provided with actual examples. Which part of it interests you the most?
Im happy to read a longer explanation if you have the time.

Unironically where does someone familiar with classical philosophy and theology start with the Kabbalah?

Like said, there are many interpretations, but yea that is one of them. The more one looks into it, the more they tend to find similarities to other cosmologies as well. And since it was one of the first, it can be argued that these cosmologies were ultimately derived from it.

This video explains it even more deeply (Minute 29:00 to 1:15:00) though I recommend watching the whole thing and all parts because of all the other stuff involved.

youtube.com/watch?v=C6E6abDdBII

see

It's basically a way of trying to categorize experience into a number of elements. Think periodic table, except it's for psychology/spirituality.

I am looking for books

amazon.com/Kabbalah-Mysticism-Israel-Regardie-Judaism/s?rh=n:12573,p_lbr_one_browse-bin:Israel Regardie

>While all other esoteric traditions have been surpressed or hidden for so long that people forgot it or were never completed in the first place, kabbalah remains unspoiled and complete.

I think Taoism is the only competition it has.

Taoism also has an unbroken tradition back to pre-history, and moreover, is today clearly explained in many texts by people who believe in a philosophy of trying to help humanity ascend. It's practices are both simple and powerful. The Tai'chi (yin Yang symbol) is also similarly powerful in it's depth and use.

A Garden of Pomegranates: Skrying on the Tree of Life is a great introduction.

>is today clearly explained in many texts by people who believe in a philosophy of trying to help humanity ascend
Name or link?

The problem with offering books about it is that they are all written really subjectively and you only gather an accurate sense of it after reading through a number of them. That being said, I would have to second the suggestion made by , since Isreal Regardie is a fine writer. I'd offer some of Aleister Crowley's works on the matter as well, even though they are pretty dense and thus possibly not suited for beginners.

Gonna depend on how you want to approach it.

My personal path has been to start with 'Taoism: An essential Guide' by Eva Wong. This is lighter on the practice and honestly more work than anything else I've read, but it is fantastic in giving you a broad overview of the history and variety of Taoist thought.

Tao Te Ching (multiple translations recommended) is mind-bending. It's very brief if you compare it to something like the bible, but can pack more in a verse than most books put in a chapter.

Then if you want to start getting into the real good stuff- Opening the Dragon Gate is a top notch read that will strain your limits of belief, but is phenomenal.

The textbook Chinese Medical Qigong (pic related) is great for learning their health cultivation practices.

Attached: Longevity.jpg (282x406, 17K)

See:

bump

Wait, medical? As in biologically medical, or just some old timy way to say medical “for the mind”, because if it’s physical, I don’t believe in (most)traditional Chinese medicine for a second.

Never send Semites to do an Anglo's job.

Attached: the num.gif (267x450, 20K)

Attached: existence1.png (1500x1286, 2.19M)

Attached: existence2.png (1500x1286, 2.04M)

Attached: existence3.png (1500x1286, 1.97M)

is christian cabbala legit?

Attached: existence4.png (1500x1286, 739K)

Attached: existence5.png (1500x1286, 130K)

>played Shin Megami Tensei once
>got chaos ending

Attached: existence6.png (1500x1286, 1.06M)

Attached: existence7.png (1500x1286, 314K)

Continue please

The greatest modern kabbalist!

youtu.be/QBJlZgObDAI

I would guess there is living hindu and buddhist esoteric traditions in east

Zankoku na tenshi no you ni
Shounen yo shinwa ni nare

Aoi kaze ga ima
Mune no DOA wo tataite mo
Watashi dake wo tada mitsumete
Hohoende'ru anata

Sotto fureru mono
Motomeru koto ni muchuu de
Unmei sae mada shiranai
Itaike na hitomi

Dakedo itsuka kidzuku deshou
Sono senaka ni wa
Haruka mirai mezasu tame no
Hane ga aru koto

Zankoku na tenshi no TE-ZE
Madobe kara yagate tobitatsu
Hotobashiru atsui PATOSU de
Omoide wo uragiru nara
Kono sora wo daite kagayaku

Zutto nemutte'ru
Watashi no ai no yurikago
Anata dake ga yume no shisha ni
Yobareru asa ga kuru

Hosoi kubisuji wo
Tsukiakari ga utsushite'ru
Sekai-juu no toki wo tomete
Tojikometai kedo

Moshimo futari aeta koto ni
Imi ga aru nara
Watashi wa sou jiyuu wo shiru
Tame no BAIBURU

Kanashimi ga soshite hajimaru
Dakishimeta inochi no katachi
Sono yume ni mezameta toki
Dare yori mo hikari wo hanatsu

Hito wa ai wo tsumugi nagara
Rekishi wo tsukuru
Megami nante narenai mama
Watashi wa ikiru

Madobe kara yagate tobitatsu
Hotobashiru atsui PATOSU de
Omoide wo uragiru nara
Kono sora wo daite kagayaku
Shounen yo shinwa ni nare!

Attached: ZAAAAAAAAAANKOKU.jpg (997x561, 93K)

seconded.

based

Attached: ccru.jpg (814x859, 132K)

The greatest esoteric system is yoga

what the hell is going on in this vid? are they being serious?

Kabbalah comes from the OT, the Old Testament was written by Ancient Israelite's who were descended from the Indo-Europeans. Face it, we created the supreme truth which is embedded within this Kabbalic system.

Read Jung.

>he uses NGE in relation to Kabbalah
Cringe and pseud pilled.

This is just the autist flavored edition of Hegelian dialectics. Land really did dumb down Deleuze's contribution.

>Ancient Israelite's who were descended from the Indo-Europeans
No, not really.

Any one read the Zohar? It's supposed to be the fundamental text of kabbalistic thought.

>implying a non autistic hegelianism

>my nonsense is better than your nonsense

Attached: 1550322571540.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Kabbalah has nothing to do with a tribe or group of people, fuck off.

But what is the practical result bar an elite group of kikes controlling the world?

At least yoga and qigong help my spine and clear my sinuses.

Seriously, what has kabbalism ever done for the common man except be a tool to keep them in the dark and empower the priest classes?

Each and every one of You have a different and mutually exclusive answer. I hereby declare This """Tree of Life""" as pure brainlet garbage.

that's what I've been saying!

>Why yes, I am a Norse Pagan. How could you tell?

Attached: 1563523370697.png (476x476, 149K)

>we created the supreme truth which is embedded within this Kabbalic system.
all created truths or "tribal truths" are mere idols, the supreme truth belongs to no one and reveals itself as it wills, your system is vanity upon vanities and you know it.

Attached: 1560564939672.jpg (480x360, 18K)

The personal description of something matters little when the nature of that which is being described is and has but one Nature and it cannot be changed, ever.

Attached: manlyphalltruth.jpg (1080x1080, 98K)

>Kabbalah comes from the OT, the Old Testament
The qabbala was invented no earlier than the 1400s.

Except every description given points to a different "nature"; Thus It's just a vague collection of semitic ideas with no real value.

This

It seems like it anticipates network theory. The idea that everything is defined by its relations to everything else

Do Kabbalists have rituals? Like you can kind of find bits and pieces about all sorts of occult ritual be they freemasonic or whatever else online, but i've never seen/read anything that would actually describe what it is that Kabbalists "do".

I kind of get the tree of life as this matrix of paths and associations and blahblah, but how do practising Kabbalists actually enact that physically?

Someone on here made a post about Kabbalists reaching states of gnosis through overloading their pun making faculties which I found intriguing, if that user happens to be about please do expand m8. As in how is this done? Through mantra or chanting? Through recitation etc? Would Finnegans Wake be a good example of overloading those said faculties etc etc?

>Do Kabbalists have rituals?
No they meditate on the sephira and play thought association with archetypes through numerology.
They hate "occultists" and other people who do "rituals" to affect change.

>

Thanks for the reply. Would you mind expanding a bit on the

> play thought association with archetypes through numerology.

How does this work roughly? Just messing round with words/letters and the numerology of them and then seeing where those associations lead etc?

Apologies if I sound like an idiot, I am. This stuff intrigues me though, you tend to hear a lot of chatter about Kabbalah depending on which internet portals you haunt, and yet there never seems to be any concrete discussion of what it actually involves "to be" a Kabbalist.

It seems a bit odd to me that if all that it involves is meditation on Sephira and number/word games that it's quite so influential on so many Western occult traditions.

>How does this work roughly
Difficult to explain. Suppose You could give a "number" to a certain concept. Other concepts have the same number. What does concept (A) which reduces to 652 have in common with concept (B) that reduces to the same number?

Yeah I kind of get it, I guess I'm just a bit like... what's the fucking point?

So this ancient Babylonian diety reduces to the number 542, and so does the concept of storytelling for example. I can spend years referencing and cross referencing their perceived similarities and differences, I can choose to place the concepts upon a specific sephira that shares some of the attributes as the concepts, I can then contemplate how the position of the sephira relates to the other sephira and how the movements between them might reveal some other insight. I could dedicate a life to this, but again, and not to be too flippant but what is the point? It just seems so needlessly arbitrary and tedious.

Not attacking you or even Qabbalah in general I just find it a source of curiosity.

Not the other user, but I agree with you. It seems like the other user is describing something like book of changes [I Ching]. It all comes out as empty mysticism for the purpose of keeping people in a state of irrationality as I see it.

I personally feel like OP is probably trolling because Yoga seems like a way better system imo.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Well You're a brainlet because for some conditions it has more experimental proof and statistical relevacy than western medicine.

>but what is the point?
Going up the Tree by following a net of archetypes.

Man i Don't Even believe In this stuff I'm just trying to explain what's the point as far as I understand it.
I'm Catholic. The desert fathers and the Prayer of the Hearth are enought for me.

I swear voodoo practised correctly works better than any other shit. They have oracles that are actually shockingly accurate beyond muh archetypes and psychosomatics

What's a good Kabbalah reader? Should I just start with Gershom Scholem? I've been really interested in it since reading Walter Benjamin and ancient Jewish poetry.

And this is done by meditating on sephira and word and number games?

Just seems utterly arbitrary, oh this god fits into these vague associations that happen to be associated with this particular sephira and also the letters in it's name add up to the number 497 and that number is associated with this other god on corresponding sephira and so ima meditate on their association and move spiritually up this tree?

Or something?

I'm obviously sounding like a snarky prick now but I am genuinely interested. I'm still not really much clearer on what a practising (if that even applies) kabbalist "does". Having said that I guess I also personally am not really into any sort of heirachical spiritual diagrams, just seems autistic as all fuck. Here is the glory of life, existence and the universe; cool I'm gonna spend my life neurotically trying to categorize and systemize it all. And also hope my sephiroth don't get flip turned upside down into qlipoth and my shit gets fucked up.

I think I'm just someone who doesn't see the need to use this stuff, it seems self evident to me that Keter is in Malkuth and Malkuth is in Keter already. So above, yin n yang etc.

Kabbalah =/= qabala

>And this is done by meditating on sephira and word and number games?
Allegedly.
I suppose their number would be different, but as far as I know both are legitimare spellings for the same thing.

What exactly are they being rode by, however?
Demons can tell the future too.

>Just seems utterly arbitrary, oh this god fits into these vague associations that happen to be associated with this particular sephira and also the letters in it's name add up to the number 497 and that number is associated with this other god on corresponding sephira and so ima meditate on their association and move spiritually up this tree?
As I was saying before, That's my understanding of it. I talked with a jewish guy, a friend of mine, that pratiches it and he explained me the nuts and bolts in the course of a week in which I was his guest in Jerusalem. Probably he was just giving me the retard-proof crash course.

Fair enough.

It's originally the Jewish mystic tradition, that's even what the name means. Of course any Jewish kabbalist will tell you its insight are universal.

Pragmatically speaking you could see it as a system to structure and spur thought. We very often think in binary (sometimes ternary terms), and this impoverish our thinking. Using the Sephiroth, the I-Ching or the Tarot as templates allow you to develop more fleshed out thinking.

You coul also use mathematics for that matter, but where would you start? Mathematics is huge. The other systems are more contained and more manageable for a daily practice.

If you're into that sort of thing you should start at the source, with medieval Jewish metaphysicians like Luria. Medieval metaphysics in general is dope.

Just different anglicizations of the same hebrew word.

Danks m8
>Medieval metaphysics in general is dope.
Yeah seriously. I just wish more of it was in (affordable) print. Hell even modern esoterica like Klages is impossible to find.

>It's originally the Jewish mystic tradition, that's even what the name means. Of course any Jewish kabbalist will tell you its insight are universal.
Those were the Hessenes, nothing to do with Kabbalah which as far as I know originates in the late middle ages from Jewish-Christian-Muslim synchretism.
Also the name litteraly mean "little room" which may be used as to mean everything from an hotel lobby to the typical private room at the Club where the Wish Old Gentlemen smoke cigars and drink wiskey.
Also on Wiskey: It's the "key of the wise", since it was invented during alchemical experiments with distillation. The more you know!
>just different anglicizations
Yup

>Pragmatically speaking you could see it as a system to structure and spur thought. We very often think in binary (sometimes ternary terms), and this impoverish our thinking. Using the Sephiroth, the I-Ching or the Tarot as templates allow you to develop more fleshed out thinking
What horse shit. Believing in mystical shit that cannot be verified by the senses and has no basis whatsoever in reality, thats whats gonna cripple your thinking.

All this mysticism is just a way of keeping you from turning your light inward imo.

>Do Kabbalists have rituals?
Yes, you can be a purely academic kabbalist, a mystical kabbalist or a practical kabbalist. the latter are all about rituals.
>Just different anglicizations of the same hebrew word.
Kabbalah with a K = traditional jewish kabbalah
Cabala with a C = Christian kabbalah
Qabala with a Q = hermetic kabbalah
These distrinctions matter when you're asking about rituals and so on.

Sefer yetzirah is premedieval
>wikipedia: The historical origin of the Sefer Yetzirah was placed by Reitzenstein (Poimandres, p. 291) in the 2nd century BCE. According to Christopher P. Benton, the Hebrew grammatical form places its origin closer to the period of the Mishna, around the 2nd century CE.
And there was merkabah mysticism as well...

Opens up the bible

There's a complete hebrew zohar at my local hpb but it is too expensive for a broke bitch like me

>Yes, you can be a purely academic kabbalist, a mystical kabbalist or a practical kabbalist. the latter are all about rituals.

And what does a kabbalistic ritual actually involve? If you wouldn't mind expanding a bit.

He integrates kabbalistic philosophy with visual art. Writing the ecstatic poetry of gnosis on the walls. Good author.

Attached: 5768341C-1945-4A71-8019-B36E8AEB6DC3.jpg (233x350, 35K)

K=making golems
C=summoning angels
Q=becoming the antichrist

I didn't say anything about belief. You can really use those systems as perspective builder, and then decide for yourself if they help you orient yourself in practical situations.

>shit that cannot be verified by the senses and has no basis whatsoever in reality, thats whats gonna cripple your thinking

Mathematics would actually benefit your thinking.

>All this mysticism is just a way of keeping you from turning your light inward imo.
Not necessarily, I personally don't practice it anyway. But you're right that introspection is something different and should be prioritized.

>These distrinctions matter when you're asking about rituals and so on.
Interesting, I didnd't know that. Though relying on a single lettr change seems a bt confusing, especially with traditions spread accross several languages.

Tell me more about merkabah mysticism. Is it related to Ezechiel's vision?

I guess you really have to be a prototypical rich Jew to buy it. I'm a Jew but an average one, so I'll rely on internet vrsion I guess. I'm more concerned with translations as I can't read understand hebrew yet.

What are you on? Where the fuck are you taking that nonsense from?

Why ? I'm genuinely curious. What are its tenets ?

Honestly that sounds metal as fuck. Who wouldn't want to become the Antichrist just for a day? Why don't modern scientific system sound that good? Nobody talks about becoming a 4-dimensional riemannian variety. Feelssadman.

>what's the fucking point?
The point is this, that you model your own spiritual path through the advice and countless experiences that previous generations have already had before you instead of fumbling in the dark. imagine that the tree of life is a map of the higher spritual worlds with the top sephirah being the goal ("gnosis/enlightenment"), all the other sephirot are just roadsigns that other mystics have put up for you to make your own path easier. it is basically a symbol that has embedded in it the reccommended path to enlightenment, and the complete knowledge of your own soul, god and metaphysics to get you there. all in one symbol. that's the point.
look up how the golden dawn rituals were constructed, that's qabalist rituals.
look up what john dee was doing, that's cabalist rituals.
the jews don't really use kabbalah for rituals, or at least that's what they tell us goys.

He's spitting that shit out his ass, no such thing in the kabbalah lol

pretty much correct, lol.

Retard.

>implies jews didn't make a golem in prague using kabbalah
>implying john dee didn't summon the angels using cabala
>implying qabala isn't about apotheosis
maybe i just know more than you

I suspected as much, but I wanted to indulge the fantasy if only for a post.
>tfw no qt nephilim to hold your hand and led you through apodiabolosis

>the jews don't really use kabbalah for rituals, or at least that's what they tell us goys.
There's apparently a kabbalistic Jewish subcurrent, they sound alright but a bit goofy. In the general religious Jewish community the conventional wisdom is "don't study kabbalah unless you're at least 40, have a stable life and have the basis of the talmud covered, else you could turn schizo".

>merkabah mysticism
This I give
>2 century BCE
And yet nobody expanded on it for How long?
>C Christian Cabala
Doesn't exist as a legittimate distinction since no denominations considers it legitimate.
Also I've never heard about this kind of distinction where is it from?
Oh i see. You have no idea wtf you're talking about.
> Mathematics would actually benefit your thinking.
lol well memed

Get the fuck out of here moron.

It just slaps hard. It's like all kinds of crazy psychedelic ancient ways of thinking. Word mysticism. Letter mysticism. Number mysticism. Star mysticism. Body mysticism. Geometry mysticism. Etc. Really bends the mind for anglophone pomo kids like me. Not overly long either. I could try and explain things but I fear I would misconvey the teachings as I am a mere hermetic-curious goy...

>Also I've never heard about this kind of distinction where is it from?
I got it from the lectures of a guy named Greg Kaminsky, it is a bit of a pdeantic distinction but it should apply in most circumstances.
exactly what is /pol/ about that post, lol? more like /x/ if anything.

And never comeback.

>>>/notanargument/

>Greg Kaminsky
Don't know him I'll check him out.
>>implies jews didn't make a golem in prague using kabbalah
What is a Golem, tho?
>>implying john dee didn't summon the angels using cabala
By using cerimonial Magic which borrows symbology from the Kabalah.
>>implying qabala isn't about apotheosis
Are hermetists good enought as to count as a branch of Kabalah themselves tho? I always figures out they were just larpers.

>angels
>golems
>literalism in kabbalah

Attached: brainy2.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

I was trolling and jumping in randomly but I stand by it.
This post cracked me up. Thanks.

You are so stupid dude, stop posting.

>i stand by it
>something i just made up

So kabbalah is like acid and can cause schizophrenia?

No, he has no idea what he's talking about.

>By using cerimonial Magic which borrows symbology from the Kabalah.
ceremonial magic = kabbalah
>Are hermetists good enought as to count as a branch of Kabalah themselves tho
yes, it's still kabbalah. even though there are three different spellings which represents three different ways of using it, it is still just kabbalah at the end of the day.
please don't enter a discussion on esoteric subjects when you don't even know about the prague golem or john dee's angels. go and google your shit and come back.

I was repeating info made up by those before me. Ancient initiatic shitposting traditions

>literal golems
>literal angels
>esoteric(inner allegories)

Attached: 1509511514430.png (645x729, 105K)

it's a meme among the jews, that studying kabbalah might make you go crazy.

JIDF trying to slide this thread

>lol it's all just symbols looool it was just a metaphor for my souuul lol
fuck off, brainlet.

Attached: nazekawai.png (601x635, 404K)

I appreciate the answer. I guess just for me personally I've always found any sort of spirituality in my own life to be more about immediate experience and revelation. Not to just shit on it completely but the idea that by "following this one handy chart!" you too can achieve oceanic universal consciousness just seems a bit... dunno, like a scam. But I've never attempted to use the tree seriously myself, and partly why I've been asking the questions in this thread is because it doesn't seem clear to me how exactly you are meant to use it. In fact it seems to be purposefully obfuscated in general (not necessarily this thread), as to exactly how one would advance spiritually up this tree. Aside from meditation on sephiroth and pissing about with words and numbers.

>look up how the golden dawn rituals were constructed, that's qabalist rituals.

Performative larping as means to hypnotize yourself into altered states.

>look up what john dee was doing, that's cabalist rituals.

Getting your mate to scry some good old enochian from the "angels".

>the jews don't really use kabbalah for rituals, or at least that's what they tell us goys.

See joking aside, this is the thing I don't really get. If these masonic/golden dawn/oto/hermetic rituals are somehow k/q/cabbalist in nature then in which ways exactly? If Jewish Kabbalah doesn't involve ritual then why is the tree so deeply embedded and influential in these other esoteric paths?

Also apologies for my facetiousness, I realize I'm being a reductive prick, it's partly to try and bait serious responses and partly because I am just a bit of a prick. I appreciate the responses all the same and am genuinely interested in the subject.

What's next? Aliens from zeta reticuli?

Attached: 1560798645045.jpg (522x537, 28K)

There is a natural defiance towards prophecy, visions and extreme mysticism in the jewish tradition. Every jew is supposed to grow into a family man, a spiritual, disciplined one, but a family man nonetheless. Pursuing far-reaching theories can be seen as harmful if you undertake it uncautiously.

It's less about madness than about youth tho. Young people naturally tend towards extreme, so the fear here is that by studying kabbalah a young an would cast himself off from his communnity and the world at large and bury himself in speculation. Supposedly a more grounded man would benefit the insights of kabbalah while avoiding those extremes.

I used the word "schizo" as a memetic shorthand from "withdrawal rom reality into a constructed inner world taken at face value".

>>By using cerimonial Magic which borrows symbology from the Kabalah.
>ceremonial magic = kabbalah
OK no, stop. You are brainfarting.
Western Cerimonial Magic litteraly descends from things like Pythagoras and other greek mystery cults. It only borrowed symbology from Kaballah from the renaissance on.

>immediate experience and revelation
the tree of life is all about immediate experience and revelation, lol. you "level up" through revelations as you move from one sephirah to the next throughout your lifetime. the map aspect of the tree is only one aspect though, and also the easiest aspect to explain to others.
>Performative larping as means to hypnotize yourself into altered states.
pretty much, but it works as advertised.
>then in which ways exactly?
They use kabbalah as a foundation and grammar.
> If Jewish Kabbalah doesn't involve ritual then why is the tree so deeply embedded and influential in these other esoteric paths?
The jews believe as said previously in the thread, that you need to be an über-rabbi to even understand kabbalah, and even if you understand it, it is sinful and dangerous to use it.

He fell for the false esoteric occultism which relies on false literalism. Let him believe his delusions.

Attached: albertpike.jpg (850x400, 72K)

>And yet nobody expanded on it for How long?
That's a good question, maybe the history of the tradition is simpy badly understood. The details of niche religious practice in general is often badly known.

I once met a guy who told me he was studing evidence of shamanic practices in rural 19th century France. People still practicing animism, barely touched by Christianity, in the first Christian country and second industrialized country of Europe, and after the invention of the steam egine.

So I wouldn't put it past people in weird occult tradition to have dwelled on yetzirah teaching for centuries and stayed undiscovered to this day;

>the top sephirah being the goal
The Ain Soph Aur being the goal.

> It only borrowed symbology from Kaballah from the renaissance on.
Yeah, which was when ceremonial magic started as a thing.

Alchemy, astrology, theurgy, goetia, and shamanic traditions were still around from the ancient world before then.

It doesn't well map out negative emotions and feelings which is the actually difficult part.
>inb4 the qlippoth
You know that's edgy incoherent garbage.

many of those things you mentioned weren't around in the ancient world

>the map aspect of the tree is only one aspect though, and also the easiest aspect to explain to others.

I don't suppose you'd feel inclined to try and explain some of those other aspects?

>They use kabbalah as a foundation and grammar.

This is pretty vague. Foundational in what way? Grammatical in what way?

>The jews believe as said previously in the thread, that you need to be an über-rabbi to even understand kabbalah, and even if you understand it, it is sinful and dangerous to use it.

Oh well in that case I suppose it's not worth actually looking at then. Again this comes back to me being a sceptical prick but it's the same old shite trotted out by pretty much all and every esoteric mystery school or mystical routes through more exoteric religions.

"Oh yes we have the secret! We can teach you too how to understand existence and grant you wisdom and understanding not comprehensible to mere mortals (outside of our particular sect)"

"But how does it actually work?"

"Don't you worry about that my lad! just join the club, wear the robes, chant the chants, meditate on this nebulous accretion of concepts and how it relates to this other vague foggy accumulation of concepts until you reach revelation"

"Oh right, okay well sure thing. But like what's actually the point?"

"THE POINT! The point is the elevation of your soul! The alchemical process! To transmute yourself from monkey to god! To BE oNE WITH ALL! To understand the sacred knowledge passed down through generations!"

"OH right then that sounds good, but again how does it actually work?"

"Don't you worry about that! you need to be a level 33 magus m'lad, an uber-rabbinic scholar, a twirling mystic sufi, an ascended bodhi! This is dangerous knowledge! Trust us, your elders and betters. We have the secret".

etc etc etc

Sorry, in an intensely cynical mood atm.

Thanks for the replies nontheless.

>Yeah, which was when ceremonial magic started as a thing.
hmmm... no.
What do You think they were doing in Alexandria, exactly? Yoga?

I don't think kabbalah (jewish) and cabala/qabalah (christian/hermetic) should be confused. One is a pure mysticism and the other is a syncretic mysticism. They have little to do with one another. Hermeticists will also mix things like Daoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islamic esotericism in as well. That is part of their perennialism and not representative of the culture.

Cool long rant, but the jews have opened up the kabbalistic texts to everyone and hold classes to normal housewives and shit about it now so that long imaginary rant doesn't really apply. They will however, tell you that it is dangerous, which would be irresponsible for them not to.

Name one

>I don't suppose you'd feel inclined to try and explain some of those other aspects?
Like I said previously, it also represents god and your soul.

I thought we were talking about WESTERN magic here
All of it except astrology and shamanism lol
>but people mixed herbs in ancient greece therefore it was alchemy
no

>I thought we were talking about WESTERN magic here
Ok well It was fun. Goodbye.

>all of it
Wrong

>I don't think kabbalah (jewish) and cabala/qabalah (christian/hermetic) should be confused. One is a pure mysticism and the other is a syncretic mysticism. They have little to do with one another.

What is the little that they do have to do with each other? What's the overlap? How does kabbalah turn into qabbalah and cabbalah?

It was a silly rant I'll happily admit. So the kabbalistic texts have been opened up, great. Would you say that the version of kabbalah being taught to housewives is representative of the tradition as a whole?
I mean there are other anons itt saying there are 3 distinct strands of it depending on which letter you choose to spell it with. If it's such dangerous knowledge why has it been opened up and why is it now being taught to "normal" housewives?

Also just in general, in what ways is it dangerous? Thats to anyone with a degree of knowledge about it btw.

>Would you say that the version of kabbalah being taught to housewives is representative of the tradition as a whole?
Sure
>If it's such dangerous knowledge why has it been opened up and why is it now being taught to "normal" housewives?
The kabbalists believe that revealing the kabbalistic teachings at this time will help heal the world, "tikkun olam".
>in what ways is it dangerous?
in the same way a tab of acid is, i guess. not everyone can handle it.

Syncretism attempts to synthesize a union of all the world's religious traditions. Many esotericists combined kabbalah with christianity, hermeticism, and neoplatonism in a belief in prisca theologia or a sort of natural religion that can be found in all spiritual traditions apart from revelation.

how can this board have so many well read and intelligent people but also have threads of meme garbage like this

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna stop asking annoying questions for now.

Oh fuck it. Why would you define this particular thread as meme garbage as opposed to the torrent of shite that's currently infesting the catalog?

It's literally Iamblichan/Proclean theogony.
Nothing ancient about Kabbalah.

Attached: proclus-chart-2-thomas-m-johnson.gif (770x670, 14K)

Attached: 2220ad47b70c87786ed61a7757e75ddd.jpg (1968x2480, 217K)

That's not ancient? They didn't derive their own insights from older groups like pythagoreans and mystery cultists?

Very well read and intelligent indeed.

Attached: lit.png (1894x825, 1.17M)